HD5770x2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the same power regulator. As long as the power is in range I think it might work.
I hear ya. I don't want to brick my 4770s.

Just do it man!!!!!, then your quote in my sig will become true! lol

Nice sig Dashit.

:cool:

Flashing or tweaking video cards BIOS or drivers in OS to unlock or change performance of video cards is nothing that hasn't been tried before with some success.

My Sapphire HD4770s were flashed to ASUS TOP HD4770 (never produced card) without any problems at all.

GPU-Z of my HD4770s flashed to Asus HD4770 TOP video card with increased performance:

Stock Asus Top
800/850

OC
1000/1200
http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/4wsgs/

Also there are video card tweakers who have tweaked affordable radeon HD4770 cards to expensive 3D fire cards:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=296631&page=4

Last edited:
Nice sig Dashit.

:cool:

Flashing or tweaking video cards BIOS or drivers in OS to unlock or change performance of video cards is nothing that hasn't been tried before with some success.

My Sapphire HD4770s were flashed to ASUS TOP HD4770 (never produced card) without any problems at all.

GPU-Z of my HD4770s flashed to Asus HD4770 TOP video card with increased performance:

Stock Asus Top
800/850

OC
1000/1200
http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/4wsgs/

Also there are video card tweakers who have tweaked affordable radeon HD4770 cards to expensive 3D fire cards:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=296631&page=4
One thing your forgetting:
All of those cards being flashed are being flashed with bios that come from cards that are physically identical. Most of the FirePro cards are identical to their Radeon counterparts, with a different bios.

Nobody here could care less if you flashed your 4770's with a bios from another 4770.
Its when you suggested flashing 4770's with a 5770 bios because "they had similar power circuitry" that created 2 pages of comedy.

This thread is way off topic now, and has been for the past 5 pages. The 5770x2 (in the thread title) is vaporware. Please close it and start new 57xx series threads.

SonDa5, you are obviously looking for encouragement so here it is: just do it already. I bet your 4770 will turn into a 5770 witih a simple bios flash. What are you waiting for? Don't you want to unlock those 160 extra stream processors and add DX11 support?

SonDa5, you are obviously looking for encouragement so here it is: just do it already. I bet your 4770 will turn into a 5770 witih a simple bios flash. What are you waiting for? Don't you want to unlock those 160 extra stream processors and add DX11 support?

Yes. But I'm to chicken to do it. :D I don't want to brick my HD4770. Hopefuly somebody else will do it. :D

Yes. But I'm to chicken to do it. :D I don't want to brick my HD4770. Hopefuly somebody else will do it. :D

exactly because you have no idea wtf your talking about and have zero idea about computers much less video cards. Keep living in the slow lane with your 4770 or 5770's both of which released to the mass public already outdated.

Why would you expect someone else to do it? So far, you have been the only one clueless enough to even suggest it.:rolleyes:

So you know it's a stupid idea, and you don't have the balls to do it with your own card, so you're trying to convince someone else to take the fall for you? Now you're just being an asshole.

So you know it's a stupid idea, and you don't have the balls to do it with your own card, so you're trying to convince someone else to take the fall for you? Now you're just being an asshole.

:D
Not at all. I'll admit I get a little crazy benchmarking. I don't think you will see a Xfire HD4770 Vantage score as high as mine on any "professional" review on the internet or magazine.

Vantagehighscorehd4770.JPG

The idea of enabling hidden stream processors and direct X11 shader technology in my HD4770 greatly calls me. To where? Possibly a broken video card but I still feel called to try to tweak the HD4770.

I've had failed Bios flash attempts before on my HD4770 without it dying. I keep a back up of the original BIOS that works and I have been able to flash them back to working order when doing a flash fails.

The idea of enabling hidden stream processors and direct X11 shader technology in my HD4770 greatly calls me.
There are no hidden stream processors or DX11 technology in the 4770. But if you insist on pursuing this path, don't encourage others to do stupid things as well. What you do with your own hardware is your own business, but telling others to do it as well is irresponsible.

There are no hidden stream processors or DX11 technology in the 4770. But if you insist on pursuing this path, don't encourage others to do stupid things as well. What you do with your own hardware is your own business, but telling others to do it as well is irresponsible.

SAFTEY first junior.

All tweaking is done at video card owners sole responsibility. Be careful kids.

:D
Not at all. I'll admit I get a little crazy benchmarking. I don't think you will see a Xfire HD4770 Vantage score as high as mine on any "professional" review on the internet or magazine.

The idea of enabling hidden stream processors and direct X11 shader technology in my HD4770 greatly calls me. To where? Possibly a broken video card but I still feel called to try to tweak the HD4770.

I've had failed Bios flash attempts before on my HD4770 without it dying. I keep a back up of the original BIOS that works and I have been able to flash them back to working order when doing a flash fails.
have you not gotten it through your thick skull that the 4770 is NOT a 5770 with features disabled?

Does SonDa5 still have everyone playing this game?
Forget the topic, ignore what he says, it all comes back to his benchmarks for his 4770's. It's little man syndrome in its most classic example. Stop falling for it dudes!

SonDa5 go kiss a girl. Or at least get arrested for trying.

HD4770 GPU

Radeon-HD-4770-Review-PC-Games-Hardware-Online-19.JPG

HD5850 GPU

gpu.jpg

HD5850 and HD4770 are more similiar than the HD5770 GPU.

HD5770 GPU

gpu_small.jpg

SAFTEY first junior.

All tweaking is done at video card owners sole responsibility. Be careful kids.

That's not tweaking: that's burning $100 bills!

Seriously, anyone reading this, Sonda5 is clueless as to this stuff. You cannot change a 4770 into a 5850 through the magic powers of alchemy, I promise.

HD4770 GPU

Radeon-HD-4770-Review-PC-Games-Hardware-Online-19.JPG

HD5850 GPU

gpu.jpg

HD5850 and HD4770 are more similiar than the HD5770 GPU.

HD5770 GPU

gpu_small.jpg

No the 4770 obviously uses the older slower RED board while the 5770/5850 use the newer faster DX11 BROWN boards. So no, not similar at all.
PS- how is the girl kissing coming along?

Seriously, anyone reading this, Sonda5 is clueless as to this stuff. You cannot change a 4770 into a 5850 through the magic powers of alchemy, I promise.

I never said that. :rolleyes:

Dip it in an acid vat (...), and the card will come out upgraded! It MUST be done with 6 mol or higher acid.

I never said that. :rolleyes:

Sonda5 said:

My bad, you said it about a 5770, same difference :rolleyes:.

No the 4770 obviously uses the older slower RED board while the 5770/5850 use the newer faster DX11 BROWN boards

Don't know about the color of the board but one thing is certain. The HD4770 and HD5850 GPU size is almost identical and positioned in a diamond.

The HD5770 is a little smaller and positioned in parallel.

Don't know about the color of the board but one thing is certain. The HD4770 and HD5850 GPU size is almost identical and positioned in a diamond.

Quoted for posterity.

Dude, you have to come clean, are you serious? Or are you just trolling...

RV740: 137 mm², 826 million transistors.
RV870: 334 mm², 2.15 billion transistors.

The 5850 die is more than twice the size as the 4770's and has more than double the transistor count. How exactly does that qualify as "almost identical"?

I read somewhere that having a GPU in a triangle formation does provide benchmark proven increases in a X-fire configuration setups. When coupled with RED PCB's actually perform better the the BROWN DX11 boards given enough cooling, such as a high-end after market GPU heatsinks.

I read somewhere that having a GPU in a triangle formation does provide benchmark proven increases in a X-fire configuration setups. When coupled with RED PCB's actually perform better the the BROWN DX11 boards given enough cooling, such as a high-end after market GPU heatsinks.

Now you are just being silly. :p

For the love of all that is holy....

I have resisted saying anything outright.

SONDA5 you are an idiotic troll. If you aren't leading people on by being a troll, then you are even dumber than anyone on this forum could possibly imagine. No one of any intelligence could possibly continue to spill the misinformation you have on these forums.
Your lack of intelligence shows that you are not [H]ard enough and do not belong on this forum.

SONDA5, close this thread while you have a shred of decency left to salvage.

Everyone else, please report this thread to an administrator ASAP. It has been nothing but off topic.

looking at some reviews the 5770 crossfire setup is better looking than I thought. still the 5850 does beat it in some cases while using way less power under load and costing 60 bucks less. not to mention no crossfire issues to ever worry about. so I still say the 5850 would be the smarter overall choice.

given the price/ performance in comparison, i would agree.

I'd consider 5770 Crossfire up to 1680x1050. At 1920x1200, you're going to start hitting bandwidth limitations in some games, and it'll only get worse. At that point (1920x1200), I'd switch over to a 5850 or 5870 depending on your budget.

i don't really get that impression based on all the reviews i've read, even at 2560x1600.

crossfire 5770 is $320, wouldn't anyone in their right mind (other than SonDa5) get a 5850 for less or a 5870 for 60 more?

possibly those who only can afford a single 5770 now, and then might add in a 2nd for xfire to get 5870 level performance down the road (when prices drop).

The problem with those charts is they really don't tell us anything of value. Since they do not represent real world gaming in any way.

If your getting 100FPS at the max resolution of your monitor your not going to just be running 4xaa and those charts don't tell us what happens once the AA is cranked up.

I mean wow the 5770 in crossfire beats the 5850 at settings no one is going to play at. :rolleyes:

http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-5770-review-test/14

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-5770,2446-9.html

http://anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3658&p=5

http://firingsquad.com/hardware/ati_radeon_5770_5750_performance/page7.asp

plenty of reviews like posted above show actual gaming benchmarks where 2x5770 are beating a 5850 at high resolutions/ settings/ AA.

even with the memory bandwidth issue, it doesn't prevent 2x5770 from scaling well enough to perform on par with a 5870 in the majority of games (and even outperforming it in some games)

i only saw one game where 2x5770 performed poorly - where they only were slightly better than a single 5770 - and that was in dow2, which obviously has very poor (pretty much nonexistent) multi gpu scaling.

in the end, one is probably going to get a more consistent gaming experience across the board with a single 5870 though. still, 2x5770 isn't a bad deal at all if you can only get one right now and add another down the road when they're cheaper.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back