[H] NHL 10 PS3 Team

Interest certainly hasn't dried, I've just been really busy working out of town.

cdntru, added you to my friends list the other day.

yea i have been pretty busy with school too. i got on a few times and no one else was on so i just played a quick game and left

Good to see the interest is still there, hopefully we can get a few games this week then.

I'll be on after 6pm tonight for games. Last night went ok I think. Sorry I'm hyper competitive.

No worries bro, that's a good thing. Just an FYI, that last game you dropped from was lost in the final minutes of the second overtime period. :mad: lol

The more we communicate, the better we'll be.

Ya, we just need to build some chemistry and things will be fine.

I'll be on tonight, probably around 8 EDT if anyone is up for a game or two.

Also we have one new player, Frenchtiklr. He has a ton of penalty minutes though so I'm not sure what to expect, but I played a bit of 09 with him and he was decent.

Online right now.

Ludic and I just won 2 in a row. Mic issues are still prevelant. :mad:

Re: Frenchtiklr --> Holy shit on the PIM stats. 12 games, 110 PIM? lol, and I thought I took alot of penalties.

Last edited:
Nice job on the wins!

Frenchtiklr likes to fight in random OTP games. He's a friend of a friend, but hasn't been too bad in games that I've played with him. We'll see how it goes.

We're in the dressing room if you can get there in the next few minutes.

sorry i got dced. my ps3 froze up and now it won't even load my game. there is not a scratch on my disc either

Ya, it was fun tonight. All we need are a few more regulars and we should be set.

i tried my nhl 10 game again this morning and it started working again. so ill be back in games when ever we play again.

It's a new month and a new season, so hopefully we can get some games going this weekend. I may be on later tonight after watching the Bruins game, but I can't say for certain.

Some people might find this useful: http://www.operationsports.com/eashl/forum/showthread.php?t=8433

It's a chart showing the starting values for each attribute and player type, as well as what it costs in XP to upgrade.

If you're not going for faceoffs or deflections I still think Offensive D-Man makes a great balanced forward build, and the fact that it gets a break for speed upgrades is a bonus. Plus it's also really cheap to upgrade slap accuracy, I only have my pro card and I'm already fairly satisfied with my slapshot. Can't imagine what it will be like with +5 and +3 boosts and a Superstar/Legend card.

We have three on right now if anyone is up for a game. Also add MXG1072 to your friends list, he's pretty active but isn't on the forums and is usually up for a game.

Great games tonight, started off 4-0-1 and we're ranked 18th overall.... no guarantee it will stay that way but it's nice to be near the top!

Last edited:
Any games happening this evening? Looks like the Maple Laffs are going to get absolutely hammered.

I'm good to play until my Oilers play the Flames at 10est.

I think we've capped our member potential from Hardforum so I'm going to post a recruitment thread at EASHL to find a few more members.

Seems like things have settled down a bit, so we should probably set up a scheduled time every week to run through a few games. I'm getting tired of losing to screw ups thanks to the moronic CPU players, so it would really be nice to play with 4+ with Ludic in net.

Also I'll be create a recruitment post at eashlforum tonight. There will be a team page there as well so if a few of you register and join the team there it will help our recruiting efforts. I'll post an update in this thread when it's ready.

They updated to a new Tuner Set today as well (basically lets them change certain values without waiting for MS/Sony patch approval). Here are the changes:

EA said:
Tuning Update
Here are the changes for the tuning update that was just posted (V1.02 for offline changes):

-Goalie and shot tuning to reduce exploit goals.
-Increased frequency of interference calls.
-Increased chance of CPU fight if user instigates aggression post-whistle (offline only)
-Tuning to teamplay ratings (Be A Pro, EASHL & ranked OTP)
-Acceleration and puck control tuning (EASHL & ranked OTP). The puck carrier will now have slightly less agility and acceleration than other players and will lose the puck a bit more easily.
-Increase poke check effectiveness (EASHL & ranked OTP)
-Slight decrease skating speed when stick lifting (EASHL & ranked OTP)
-Increased chance of unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for fight instigation while the clock is running (online only)

The first update happened before the launch, so these are the differences between the demo or the un-updated disk version (so V1.00 does not have these changes, but V1.01 and after do):

-Increase the effect of the Pass Accuracy slider
-Increase speed loss doing the Leg Kick
-Tuning to reduce effectiveness of an exploit goal using slap shots near the goal line
-Move default shot aim further inside the posts to reduce the number of posts and missed shots
-Reduce interference penalties
-Increase effectiveness of poke check to dig puck out of boardplay
-Passing improvements (improved assistance for speed of a pass that has not target)
-Fixed bug in the effect of toughness on intimidation

This isn't everything we currently have planned to do, there are a few changes building on top of these already in progress.

Last edited:
Not sure how early I can be on tonight, but 2 or 3 of us might be pulling an all-nighter starting around 11 or 12 PST. I realize that's pretty late for you east coast guys.

I've added everyone who's on our team to my friends list, finally. Up north at the 'rents place, didn't bring the PS3. Happy Thanksgiving, fellow Canucks! I'll be online for some games on Monday night.

Hey guys, I gotta drop out of the league. I've been really busy lately with other things and can't find the time to play.. even though I wanted to. Sorry! :(

I've added everyone who's on our team to my friends list, finally. Up north at the 'rents place, didn't bring the PS3. Happy Thanksgiving, fellow Canucks! I'll be online for some games on Monday night.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too. I should be on Monday for some games and will be on later tonight as well. I only need two more games for my vet card.

No worries on dropping out refraxion, I imagine we'll still be around later if you manage to find some time.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Good games tonight, as a bonus I managed to unlock the +5 slapshot power boost in that first game. It had avoided me a few times by half a grade so it's nice to finally get it. Now all I really need to worry about is the legend card after 150 games.

Like your slapshot wasn't good enough already! :D

I was free to play all afternoon yesterday and the whole day today... but my throwout bearing/pressure plate in my Jeep's clutch exploded while I was out of town yesterday morning and I've been stuck away from my PS3 on a friends couch sporting a fresh $900 dollar bill. :mad:

Anyone kickin around tonight? I'm going to jump online here in a bit. Shoot me a message and I'm in for a bunch of games.

Back