Got my Westinghouse LVM-37W3 37" 1080p display today!

sideout, ebay you have to look at two major things: 1) feeback rating and 2) shipping.

while some may cost 999.99 on ebay, the shipping might run 200 or more, in which case you might be better to go and buy it from the store. as for feedback, make sure the guy has more than 99% rating. this is a big purchase and youre entrusting your money and expecting something huge...scams are abound on fleabay. id definitely recommend buying it from reputable online sites or from B&Ms.

kidstechno,

i have a 42 inch westy 1080p and i have to say SD looks like shit on it. i have to sit about 10 feet away to be able to bear watching SDTV on it. of course, i download all my shows in HD and i have it hooked to an HDTV box, so i rarely have to actually watch SDTV. if SDTV is what you mainly watch, id say stick to the tube tv...

I just got my 42w2 1.0 today running it at 1080p dvi its looks great got it at bestbuy.ca got it with more discount with recent price drop.

Anyone hooked up a PS2 to one of these (via component?) How does 480i look?

takimbe said:
sideout, ebay you have to look at two major things: 1) feeback rating and 2) shipping.

while some may cost 999.99 on ebay, the shipping might run 200 or more, in which case you might be better to go and buy it from the store. as for feedback, make sure the guy has more than 99% rating. this is a big purchase and youre entrusting your money and expecting something huge...scams are abound on fleabay. id definitely recommend buying it from reputable online sites or from B&Ms.

kidstechno,

i have a 42 inch westy 1080p and i have to say SD looks like shit on it. i have to sit about 10 feet away to be able to bear watching SDTV on it. of course, i download all my shows in HD and i have it hooked to an HDTV box, so i rarely have to actually watch SDTV. if SDTV is what you mainly watch, id say stick to the tube tv...

how much you get your 42 for?

how good is this monitor compared to color accuracy or being color corrected to match prints? I'm looking at lcds and this is certainly a bang for the buck. Anyone use this for photo editing? How would you compare this to the Samsung 244t in terms of accuracy?

Daggah said:
Anyone hooked up a PS2 to one of these (via component?) How does 480i look?

Worked fine for me. Can't speak for how much better it looked, as it was a huge improvement for me, as my previous connection was into a tv by way of coax cable and an RF modulator... So of course the component imput will look much better, hence I can't speak for how much of an improvement it actually is...

As far as correct WS support (hey, too many games actually don't seem to be fully WS-compliant for whatever reasons), I didn't notice any anomalies...

>_< i bought it in page computer!~!~
they had a very good Customer Service.
page computer told me that
if it has a dead pixel, they could consider it a defective item
and they said that " if it's defective, we'll be the one to shoulder the shipping cost"

I was seriously considering buying this monitor until I came to the conclusion that it would not be able to fit in the space I need it too. Then the BenQ 24" finally came out, and now I'm happy again.

i got it for 1500 at best buy when they had their one day sale...best deal i have ever got. i had best buy rewards, so i used another 80 bucks i had accrued to take off some of the taxes

we need to pay tax in the bestbuy, i dont like at all ! !!
i am hoping, page computer will give me a good one >.< no dead pixel!!!

Dang, I read this thread and went to look for the TV and couldnt find it anywhere. I really wanted to see it first, and have the opportunity to return it with no fees to a brick and mortar store.

Is it really all that great? I mean using it for Xbox 360, DVD, light photoshop use, heavy gaming sound right?

Did I read correctly that its got two DVI ports? Would a 6800GT do ok for desktop work, like internet/photoshop (no games)?

PhillyB said:
Dang, I read this thread and went to look for the TV and couldnt find it anywhere. I really wanted to see it first, and have the opportunity to return it with no fees to a brick and mortar store.

Is it really all that great? I mean using it for Xbox 360, DVD, light photoshop use, heavy gaming sound right?

Did I read correctly that its got two DVI ports? Would a 6800GT do ok for desktop work, like internet/photoshop (no games)?

See my review+pics here!

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=474443

F

PhillyB said:

Yes its all that and a bag of chips, especially for xbox 360/gaming/light photoshop. Yes it has 2 DVI ports and it will work fine with a 6800 GT.

PhillyB said:
Who all sells it? Anywhere else besides Best Buy, Circuit City, etc?

J&R has it if you live in NYC and Crutchfield stores have it too. Other than that I think you gotta get it online.

Edit: I think some Sam's Club stores have it as well.

Yeah thats a major downside to this and several other sets I've looked at. They are available online only. Circuit city doesn't carry any westinghouse at all by the way.

I may order the set from bestbuy. Its online order only, and to your house only (no store pickup available), but at least you can return it to the store to avoid return shipping costs according to their webpage. Unfortunately they do not offer any of their service plans for this set so thats another minus. Return to store is a big convenience for me, however the set is $1349.99 at bestbuy (with free shipping) which is $100 more than some online vendors.

BestBuy online order (to your home) return policy excerpt
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If your item was purchased online, you can either bring it to a Best Buy store location or return it by mail to our return center.

You will receive a credit for your purchase only if it meets the criteria in our Return Policy. We do not offer merchandise exchanges. This policy applies only to purchases made directly from BestBuy.com and may vary slightly from Best Buy store return policies.

14-Day Return Period
Fourteen days from the date merchandise was received, refunds are available on computers, monitors, printers, notebook computers, projectors, camcorders, digital cameras and radar detectors.

30-Day Return Period
Thirty days from the date merchandise was received, refunds are available on the remainder of our products (see exceptions below).

Restocking Fee
A 15% restocking fee will be charged on opened notebook computers, projectors, camcorders, digital cameras, radar detectors, GPS/navigation and in-car video systems. A 25% restocking fee will be charged on special order products, including appliances. These fees apply unless the item is defective or damaged, you received the wrong item, or the fee is prohibited by law.

Damaged or Defective Items
If you return a damaged or defective item by mail or to a Best Buy store, you will receive a credit. You may then choose to purchase a replacement item in the store or online. To make sure the store has your product in stock, call Customer Care at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289).

Please call Customer Care at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) if your return is a:

* Major appliance, TV, accessory or furniture delivered via special delivery
* Computer that you plan to mail back to our return center for a refund
* Performance Service Plan

Best Buy reserves the right to deny any return.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Bestbuy.com 1349.99 -- free shipping -- no service plans avail. -- return to store possible*(see previous post) ----

Crutchfield 1399.99 -- free shipping -- $99/3yr $199/5yr --- mail return your cost --

J&R 1249.99 -- $45.00 --TAX to NY buyers so I stopped at that point--

Buy.com SOLD OUT

Newegg.com 1,499.99 -- free 3-day-- 3yr/199.99 5yr/349.99-- 24 inches and larger cannot be returned to Newegg.com for refund or replacement service

LCDTVS.com 1295.00-- free gnd/$49exp -- haggle svcplan --some negative return feedback in dealer rating sites ?

I just followed up the bestbuy site with the 'check delivery availability' link and got the message "Our Delivery area does not include this ZIP code. Please enter another ZIP code or choose store pickup." ... and this item is not avail for in-store pickup of course. :rolleyes:

I guess crutchfield is looking pretty decent other than the return at your cost. Maybe with the service plan added that won't be an issue.

Ship date
Oct 4, 2006
Estimated delivery
Oct 6, 2006
Service type
Ground-Direct Signature Required-Domestic
Pieces
Weight
60.5 lbs.
Status
In transit

^___^b SOON

IF anyone had a dell 24" (or any monitor around 20") can you do a side by side comparison, I'm looking at selling my current monitor (Dell 24") and some other stuff to buy this monitor. Would be a nice upgrade 0(^_^)0. Appreciate it

elvn said:
Bestbuy.com 1349.99 -- free shipping -- no service plans avail. -- return to store possible*(see previous post) ----

Crutchfield 1399.99 -- free shipping -- $99/3yr $199/5yr --- mail return your cost --

J&R 1249.99 -- $45.00 --TAX to NY buyers so I stopped at that point--

Buy.com SOLD OUT

Newegg.com 1,499.99 -- free 3-day-- 3yr/199.99 5yr/349.99-- 24 inches and larger cannot be returned to Newegg.com for refund or replacement service

LCDTVS.com 1295.00-- free gnd/$49exp -- haggle svcplan --some negative return feedback in dealer rating sites ?

Thats crazy that newegg is that most expensive out of those...especially best buy!

But yeah, I think I am going to order it from newegg anyways because of the perferred account :-/ I need to make payments on this sucker lol

Has anyone ordered it online from anywhere but the egg? I read on AVS forums that several of the companies were frauds, some of the ones listed on pricewatch!

WOW! This Sam's club deal is better than the BEST BUY deal!! :) Just sign up for a 40 dollar membership and you STILL save hundreds of dollars! :)

Thanks for the link buddy! I'm getting on it right now!!!! :)

UPDATE:

OOH YEAAAA!!! heheheh Just completed my order, I should be getting it in about 7-10 business days!! Thanks again buddy! I really appreciate the heads-up link!

I'm going to enjoy this!!

Hey 5150Joker!! hehehe, I'm gonna be like you a few months ago!

Yeah but it is stupid that you have to pay tax on it here in Texas. It is an online deal only, so you ought to be able to skip the tax. Ah well, it's still a good deal. I am very tempted.

BoredTiger said:
WOW! This Sam's club deal is better than the BEST BUY deal!! :) Just sign up for a 40 dollar membership and you STILL save hundreds of dollars! :)

Thanks for the link buddy! I'm getting on it right now!!!! :)

Isn't the Sams Club deal like $1235 after tax and shipping and membership?

I was able to get mine for $1100 from Buy.com after coupon, fatcash rebate and buy.com CC cashback.

sanvara said:
Isn't the Sams Club deal like $1235 after tax and shipping and membership?

I was able to get mine for $1100 from Buy.com after coupon, fatcash rebate and buy.com CC cashback.

i have to agree on wait for coupons

best buy is always doing a 15% off for TV >$499 coupon sales..

right now i have a 15% off TV coupon from bestbuy (i seem to get something like this once a month)..

if the TV is 1300$ at bestbuy that comes to 1105$ + tax (1182$ total if you are in utah) locally..

which isn't bad at all..

I'm starting a new job in a couple weeks. Pending everyhing goes alright, I'm gonna order one from Sams club.

Congrats to everyone that bought one! Now we can all bask in the glory that is the Westy 37" 1080p and share our stories of how great this display is and how much it improved our sex lives..ok ok maybe not sex lives but damn its nice isn't it? :) I just got done mounting mine, I'm a total noob when it comes to locating studs in the wall but I think I did alright. Anyway here's my ultimate gaming setup featuring the Westy, Xbox 360 and Dell XPS M1710:

normal_WestyMounted%20006.jpg

5150Joker said:
Congrats to everyone that bought one! Now we can all bask in the glory that is the Westy 37" 1080p and share our stories of how great this display is and how much it improved our sex lives..ok ok maybe not sex lives but damn its nice isn't it? :) I just got done mounting mine, I'm a total noob when it comes to locating studs but I think I did alright. Anyway here's my ultimate gaming setup featuring the Westy, Xbox 360 and Dell XPS M1710:

For a second there I thought you were talking about something else... :D

Back