Got my Westinghouse LVM-37W3 37" 1080p display today!

Just received and set up my W3 about an hour ago and it is truly a joy to behold. Upgraded from a Dell 2407 and never going back. This thing is a beauty. No dead pixels too. :D

Go for the W3 over the W1. The W3 is much more sleek and nicer looking and it has HDMI.

For those that want to sit a few feet away from their display now that you have a 37" screen check this out:

Mousepaw

Mousepaw Review

Also, apply for a Buy.com credit card and keep checking for Buy.com coupons. I was very fortunate with my pricepoint @Buy.com:

$1304 shipped - $135 off $1100 coupon (for using buy.com credit card) - $25 Fat Cash (2%) - $37 credit cashback at buy.com for using the Buy.com CC (3% of the purchase back)

I also grabbed the $20 pricegrabber rebate.

Plus I signed up for three of those one month free buy.com trials they offer you after you make a purchase. For trying them I get $25 cash back, $20 gas card and $15 cash back.

Final cost for the W3: $1027 considering all the discounts

need help : westinghouse LVM-37w3 or any 30+

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

37": Westinghouse LVM-37W3 1920x1080p (16:9)
Specs: Westinghouse LVM-37W3
Price: ~$1300 USD

UltraSharp 3007WF
2560x1600 pixels resolution and 11 ms (gray-to-gray) response time
Price: ~$1800 USD

beside the resolution, what is the different between those
Westinghouse is 37" and cherper
Dell is 30" and higher resolution

the video or movie what we usually use 1080i/p,
is it only the resolution different which cost $500 more

what else i have to pay attention????? :confused: :confused: :confused:
what will happen on a low resolution in a big screen???

do you mean S-PVA much better than S-MVA ?

Can anyone post more picture (used for computer monitor)?

diefathin said:
do you mean S-PVA much better than S-MVA ?

Can anyone post more picture (used for computer monitor)?

Chei Mei makes the panels for Westinghouse and they make S-MVA. Smasung makes S-PVA.

diefathin said:
37": Westinghouse LVM-37W3 1920x1080p (16:9)
Specs: Westinghouse LVM-37W3
Price: ~$1300 USD

UltraSharp 3007WF
2560x1600 pixels resolution and 11 ms (gray-to-gray) response time
Price: ~$1800 USD

beside the resolution, what is the different between those
Westinghouse is 37" and cherper
Dell is 30" and higher resolution

travbomb said:
The obvious answer is that one is a monitor and the other is a TV. Big difference in how they are manufactured and the parts they use.

Which one is the TV? The Westinghouse 37" LCD is not a TV. It has no tuners. It's definately a "monitor". The official product name is also '37" 1080p Monitor'.

the Westi's are all considered monitors as they have no internal way to display a TV signal. Given the size though, damn near everyone that buys one will use it primarily for watching TV/Movies on.

I always figured the "M" in the "LVM-37w3" model number meant "monitor" and not "mebbe" or "mucho" or "massive".

FWIW, the monitor does have more computer signal inputs than television signal inputs...

Something must be wrong here. Cheap, high quality and huge? How can Dell and Apple even sell thier 30"ers for twice the price? :confused: Anyone have a Dell 30 and Westinghouse 37" side by side? Does Frys sell this? I want to try it out.

This might be deal of century.

I got the 42" biotches! Has a little banding sometimes as reported. :( Might get a different set for TV and the 37".

tightline said:
Something must be wrong here. Cheap, high quality and huge? How can Dell and Apple even sell thier 30"ers for twice the price? :confused: Anyone have a Dell 30 and Westinghouse 37" side by side? Does Frys sell this? I want to try it out.
QUOTE]
:eek: i was thinking to get a Benq 24", i might change my target to this one too.
but, before i changed my mind, i really want to know more on Westinghouse 37.
Something maybe wrong as you said.

Not a bad monitor. I had one. Went through 2 before I sold the last one with the warranty. Had them combined for a total of 5 months including waiting ion best buy for 1.5 months on there screwup. We'll see how the last one does.

Enjoy. Hope you don't fare ANYWHERE near what I went through.

I was wondering if anyone FOUND one for less than 900 and what the reviews were like for it.

DangerIsGo said:
I was wondering if anyone FOUND one for less than 900 and what the reviews were like for it.

Less than $900 for the Westinghouse W3 37" 1080p monitor? No chance. Maybe in a year or two. I was able to get one for a little over $1000 stacking a coupon and a lot of cashback discounts and rebates. Coupon is dead for now.

tightline said:
Something must be wrong here. Cheap, high quality and huge? How can Dell and Apple even sell thier 30"ers for twice the price? :

Those 30" monitors have insanely high resolution. The Westinghouse is "only" 1920 x 1080.

yeah really....900!!! thats sick.

I keep coming back to this monitor in my buy something now-wait dilemma as its the best of all the worlds right now i think...considering I want something for PC use, an Xbox 360 purchase this winter, as well as watching LOST, 24, etc in HD.

None of these other displays are as mulit-purpose as the westy or have some kind of glitch with them.

Damn you westy. I want u and cant just afford you right now. ARGH!

Only 1920x1080? Meh, Ill go with the 24" of 1920x1200 from BenQ. I know 37 is big and everything, but i want something thatll fit on my desk and this is a bit over my price ceiling (so is the benq but hey, i have the money saved up, its either that or the crappy dell) Ill wait till I move out and get something of that sort. it would be the best monitor if it had tv input.

DangerIsGo said:
Only 1920x1080? Meh, Ill go with the 24" of 1920x1200 from BenQ.

Same resolution on both of those per screen area. The 24" is 16 x 10, thus the 1200. The Westy is 16 x 9, thus 1080.

it is 1920 x 1080 when you are using 1080i/p (HD)

why we also use 1080i/p on the setting if the montior have a better resolution then 1920 x 1080.

i had think about this question for a long time

sanvara said:
Same resolution on both of those per screen area. The 24" is 16 x 10, thus the 1200. The Westy is 16 x 9, thus 1080.

I know.

Im saying I get a higher res with the 24" even though the 37" is way bigger.

Here's something kind of funny...

When I first got this my initial reaction was "wow, this thing is too big" (for computer use on my desk).

Now after a day I am so used to it it doesn't seem big anymore. This monitor upgrade thing is a sickness. Monitors seem shrink with each passing day. I imagine I'll need a 100" LCD in a few years. :D

Look this

37"
General TV Info:
Equivalent 4:3 TV: 30.2"
Pixel Density: 3547 pixels / sq. in.

30"
General TV Info:
Equivalent 4:3 TV: 26.5"
Equivalent 16:9 TV: 29.2"
Pixel Density: 10126 pixels / sq. in.

General TV Info:
Equivalent 4:3 TV: 21.2"
Equivalent 16:9 TV: 23.3"
Pixel Density: 8900 pixels / sq. in

Will the 37" W3 not clear at all on desktop or web site?

diefathin said:

I'm not sure if I understand your question. Are you asking if the 37" Westinghouse is good for computer desktop use?

If so, the answer is a resounding YES. The Westinghouse 37" screen is great for computer use. Text is sharp and clear. And for gaming it is amazing.

And the 37" screen absolutely dwarfs my 24" Dell. The Dell looks like a miniature monitor in comparison.

diefathin said:
Look this

37"
General TV Info:

I'm not sure i could deal with that.. 19" LCD is grainy as hell pixelated to me and it has Pixel density of: 7440 pixels / sq. in. over twice as as many as this 37"...

How far are guys sitting away from these?

tightline said:
I'm not sure i could deal with that.. 19" LCD is grainy as hell pixelated to me and it has Pixel density of: 7440 pixels / sq. in. over twice as as many as this 37"...

How far are guys sitting away from these?

For me the the sweet spot is approximately 3.5 ft from the screen, 4 feet max.

To use the Westy as daily use I had to use teh VGA or else it was not a pleasure to see. However when I was to play games or watch a movie I ALWAYS used the hdmi which made it very nice to see.

Originally Posted by sanvara
If so, the answer is a resounding YES. The Westinghouse 37" screen is great for computer use. Text is sharp and clear. And for gaming it is amazing.

thank you sanvara
YES, i am worrying about the text.
Have you guy used S-video from computer to TV?
if you had, you will understand how bad the text is.
it had DVI to DVI :p it will be nice!!
anywhere can i get this one cheaper -.- less $1000 ( i got debit card only )
( =.= if i got a 37" monitor in the college dorm, do you think i am a crazy people :eek: )

sanvara said:
For me the the sweet spot is approximately 3.5 ft from the screen, 4 feet max.

yea i think that is what some people are forgetting..

after you've used the 37" Westy you'll really wonder how you ever sat there and stared at anything smaller..

where as before, i'd sit relatively close to the monitor (the monitor positioned at the front or middle of the desk), and kept getting closer and close..

with the westy you actually sit back and relax, monitor at the back of the desk, your eyes feel better , it really is probably one of the best monitor purchases i've made..

i had the same worry of how i could use a 37" monitor for daily computer use, but nothing to really worry about..

i think i put it in the othe thread but here are my pics for anyone that missed them

http://www.fifthelement.net/images/W37/

diefathin said:
Thanks ,H-street
is it a LVM-37W1
what is the different between w1 & w3 ??

W3 has HDMI and has a redesigned bezel which is a little more modern and sleek looking.

This thread is compelling me to go purchase this monitor.

I'll go into the store tomorrow and have a look-see and see if I can put up with using this as a computer monitor. :)

Thanks guys. I'm really curious how images look on this screen size of 37" at 1920x1080, considering I'll be moving on from a 1280x1024 19"

I know there are discussions about pixel density per square inch. Am I supposed to expect to see a lot of pixelation?

I generally sit about 2-3 feet away from current monitor (don't really like to stick my face in the monitor).

Does anyone else have any pictures of diff. games like CS:Source or BF2 on the Westinghouse 37?

Thank you.

Too bad I couldn't get a westinghouse 37w3 here so I opt to getting a 42w2 instead should be here by monday.

Mega2,

Why did you can not get 37w3? @@ are you because you are rich :D :D **just joking**

can you post some pictures when you got it???
and where did you buy it ?

sanvara said:
Here's something kind of funny...

When I first got this my initial reaction was "wow, this thing is too big" (for computer use on my desk).

Now after a day I am so used to it it doesn't seem big anymore. This monitor upgrade thing is a sickness. Monitors seem shrink with each passing day. I imagine I'll need a 100" LCD in a few years. :D
they have those ... well Samsung I think has a 100" Plasma for $45,000

diefathin said:
Look this

37"
General TV Info:

30"
General TV Info:
Equivalent 4:3 TV: 26.5"
Equivalent 16:9 TV: 29.2"
Pixel Density: 10126 pixels / sq. in.

General TV Info:
Equivalent 4:3 TV: 21.2"
Equivalent 16:9 TV: 23.3"
Pixel Density: 8900 pixels / sq. in

I use it as a PC display everyday via DVI and its very clear for reading and doing work. I would say the text is just as clear as it is on my Dell 2005 20" widescreen display (1680x1050).

BoredTiger said:
This thread is compelling me to go purchase this monitor.

Does anyone else have any pictures of diff. games like CS:Source or BF2 on the Westinghouse 37?

Thank you.

I took a picture this morning but my camera really blows. It didn't capture all of the guns details, I'll try to get a better picture with it later:

Back