Games that use all 8 cores

psy81

Gawd
Downloaded and played Crysis 3. It is the first game that I've played that utilizes all 8 cores and getting surprisingly good performance (I won't post my performance results here since I already posted my results in multiple threads)! Most games will use 2, 4, and even 6 cores but all 8 is a first! Hopefully this will be the new trend, especially with new consoles supposedly using 8 core, X86 AMD APUs. Maybe this will help AMD bridge the gap between them and Intel. What do you guys think? Intel Fanboys are welcome to troll...

Downloaded and played Crysis 3. It is the first game that I've played that utilizes all 8 cores and getting surprisingly good performance (I won't post my performance results here since I already posted my results in multiple threads)! Most games will use 2, 4, and even 6 cores but all 8 is a first! Hopefully this will be the new trend, especially with new consoles supposedly using 8 core, X86 AMD APUs. Maybe this will help AMD bridge the gap between them and Intel. What do you guys think? Intel Fanboys are welcome to troll...

BF3 I thought uses 8?

BF3 only uses partially of all available cores (64 player slot server). Tested on a FX-8150. How's the storyline/gameplay mechanics in Crysis 3? Crysis 2 was absolute shithouse on the gameplay mechanics and storyline....

BF3 I thought uses 8?

Depends on the situation. The AI in single player mode uses one or two cores, and physics doesn't use much. In multiplayer mode, all cores are used to keep track of physics. The more players there are, the more physics there is to keep track of.

Depends on the situation. The AI in single player mode uses one or two cores, and physics doesn't use much. In multiplayer mode, all cores are used to keep track of physics. The more players there are, the more physics there is to keep track of.

Yeah, I should of specified the multiplayer, like the 64 player maps.

Capcom uses an engine which uses all 8 cores if you checked out the streetfighter IV demo (for benchmark purposes) you could have seen that (ages ago before Bulldozer even).

That is bullshit, most games can't even use 4 cores

You say thread instead of cores then you are right ;) , there such good examples of that :).

The scheduler usually pushes it onto different cores, which would show as if it was using more cores.

Click this link from sweclockers where they did some bf3 multiplayer benchmarking.

http://www.sweclockers.com/artikel/14650-prestandaanalys-battlefield-3/5#pagehead

Look at the second graph which is medium settings so the gpu is not so much of a bottleneck. Look at the difference between a 2500k and 2600k. Massive difference there. You can also look at the difference between a Phenom II quad and a hex. Big difference again, just as others have said.

Click this link from sweclockers where they did some bf3 multiplayer benchmarking.

http://www.sweclockers.com/artikel/14650-prestandaanalys-battlefield-3/5#pagehead

Look at the second graph which is medium settings so the gpu is not so much of a bottleneck. Look at the difference between a 2500k and 2600k. Massive difference there. You can also look at the difference between a Phenom II quad and a hex. Big difference again, just as others have said.

OC and alot of that will go away.

BF3 multiPlayer will use up to 12... Tested both on 2x amd 6128s @ 2ghz as well as 1x amd 61xx dodeca @ 3ghz... neither hampered my performance much...

I am a touch smoother on my current setup an Intel E5-2680, 8c 16t @ 3.1 all core turbo.
But yes the thread use tends to be every other until a certain load is reached.

Most games still only use 2 cores and its a bloody shame... annoyed the heck out of me when I was running 2x 2ghz octos lol...
Lagging at 10% cpu usage....

You say thread instead of cores then you are right ;) , there such good examples of that :).

The scheduler usually pushes it onto different cores, which would show as if it was using more cores.

Sure, threads too i'll give you that. But that doesn't make what I said originally not right.

Lost Planet 1 and 2 will reach fully into all available cores, up to 12 if it is not GPU limited.

Simply being well threaded doesn't necessarily mean that there isn't a serial code bottleneck somewhere in the code. It can alleviate the pressures with the poor multithreading support with APIs like DX9, but doesn't necessarily mean that it will. You can still load core 0 to 90%> while the other 7 are fluctuating at 15%. That too is using all 8 cores :p

Back