Gamers are ditching Radeon graphics cards over driver issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have done all that. I always use DDU when swapping GPUs or updating drivers. nVidia Control Panel still doesn't get installed.

It's not an issue for me anyways, but just wanted to point out they all have their problems and the consumer is the beta tester no matter who the GPU maker is anymore.

Everytime I installed new Nvidia drivers, Ghost Recon Breakpoint required me to uninstall the game, delete the game configuration files, and then reinstall the game. No problems with the "garbage" 5700, so it's not like Nvidia has been lighting my world on fire either right now...

Honestly, I'd like to see how many people have issues with Ryzen 3000 series with an X570 board running PCIe 4.0. I have never had a problem with a single black screen issue with that combination using 3 different 5700 variants.

Imagine sharing ideas for potential fixes, relevant experiences, feedback and so on, stuff that can actually help and make a difference. I know it's fucked up

Imagine holding the company accountable for releasing a semi-broken product instead of making excuses and doing the work for them, stuff that would actually put them on blast and make a difference. I know, it's a crazy fucked up idea.

I've used ATI/AMD graphics cards for games on and off since the Radeon 256 was released, around late 1999 to early 2000 if memory serves correctly. I've always experienced graphic driver issues, some minor and easily fixed to major where games wouldn't load or crashed shortly after loading.

I have several friends who own or owned 5700 series, and 1 or 2 generations prior. Several have called upon me to help them diagnose graphics issues in games and other standard, commonly used, software. I'd guess 2/3 to 3/4 of the issues were due to residual drivers from the previous graphics card, nVidia the primary. Once Driver Cleaner was ran and a clean install performed most of the issues were resolved. I say 'most' due to glitches still present in various games where slight game or driver adjustments corrected or minimized the issue(s). The remaining issues appeared directly related to the driver at which all I could do was inform them to live with it until the next driver release, or if possible, try a previous driver version.

From the complaints I've been reading much of the issues seem to have been remedied with the latest driver release. Though, a few are still experiencing the black/blank screen issue. I certainly hope AMD puts forth more effort to release refined sets of drivers in the future as the driver state right now is sub par medium expectations.

I've used ATI/AMD graphics cards for games on and off since the Radeon 256 was released, around late 1999 to early 2000 if memory serves correctly. I've always experienced graphic driver issues, some minor and easily fixed to major where games wouldn't load or crashed shortly after loading.

I have several friends who own or owned 5700 series, and 1 or 2 generations prior. Several have called upon me to help them diagnose graphics issues in games and other standard, commonly used, software. I'd guess 2/3 to 3/4 of the issues were due to residual drivers from the previous graphics card, nVidia the primary. Once Driver Cleaner was ran and a clean install performed most of the issues were resolved. I say 'most' due to glitches still present in various games where slight game or driver adjustments corrected or minimized the issue(s). The remaining issues appeared directly related to the driver at which all I could do was inform them to live with it until the next driver release, or if possible, try a previous driver version.

From the complaints I've been reading much of the issues seem to have been remedied with the latest driver release. Though, a few are still experiencing the black/blank screen issue. I certainly hope AMD puts forth more effort to release refined sets of drivers in the future as the driver state right now is sub par medium expectations.

It's a little more than just sub par. Having to wait nearly 8 months for fixes of something as breaking as the black screen issue is down right insulting.

8 months to release a fix for a minor annoyance and no one would care, but having to reboot your machine is more than just an annoyance.

Closed. We already have a thread for what is now being discussed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back