GALAXY GTX 780 HOF (White PCB) Released

You might try removing and reseating the card right quick. Can you tell whether the noise is coming from the shroud, bracket, or case? Is it happening at a particular fan speed?

It happens at all fan speeds, pretty sure it is the shroud if anything. If I put pressure on the hall of fame light or the metal next to it, it takes the sound away

Owners mind posting their idle & load temps? Want to know if the cooler fails like the GC model which runs 10 degrees hotter than the Evga ACX.

My Galaxy 670 4gb runs @1267mhz with 80% fan speed to keep to the temps around 65 c.

Mine was idling at 31 degrees Celsius. Under load, it got up to 60 (edit: this was probably in the upper 60's). This was without OCing.

Ambient temp was around 68 degrees Fahrenheit.

I'll post some more results later tonight.

Last edited:
Mine was idling at 31 degrees Celsius. Under load, it got up to 60. This was without OCing.

Ambient temp was around 68 degrees Fahrenheit.

I'll post some more results later tonight.
That's easily 20C cooler than my GTX 480, heh.

My load temps might be a bit understated. I'm going off of shoddy short-term memory and not paying too much attention to the readouts (I was playing games lol).

Will report back later, but I would use [H]'s review as reference.

OK.....just pulled the trigger on this. I'd been nosing around this card waiting for the MSI 780 Lightning and the [H] review gave me the push I needed.

If I SLI this card will fit on 1st and 2nd red pci slot of asus maximus v formula z77 without hindering airflow of the 1st video card? I only have storm enforcer tower so i cant use the 3rd slot of my red pci for 2 slot video card

MSI never ceases to amaze. They seem to always come through on getting around those voltage locks which makes them the fastest cards on the market. Case and point the 680 Lighting easily out running the 680 Classified and now this.

This cut about 20 degrees off, I have a better fan mounted to my side 200mm though. I plan to water cool the cpu so I can move it up to the top slot.

MSI never ceases to amaze. They seem to always come through on getting around those voltage locks which makes them the fastest cards on the market. Case and point the 680 Lighting easily out running the 680 Classified and now this.

The 780 Lightning isn't out yet and the 780 Classified can be overvolted to 1.35v through software and 1.5v with EVBOT.

What exactly are you talking about?

Damn I might have to sale my Titan :) 1300 mhz on air . . what can these do on a water system tempting . even if this was a cherry picked card for [H] what would the worst card do 1250 stable with the voltage advantage . if im wrong please tell me

Damn I might have to sale my Titan :) 1300 mhz on air . . what can these do on a water system tempting . even if this was a cherry picked card for [H] what would the worst card do 1250 stable with the voltage advantage . if im wrong please tell me

There are some owners on OC.net with these cards not getting anywhere near 1376MHz but they seem to be somewhere between 1241-1280MHz. Still not bad for 1.2v.

For what its worth, I don't know if you missed the Afterburner hack that allows voltage adjustment up to 1.3v for the Titan, users are reporting up to 1250-1300MHz OC's on their Titans.

It happens at all fan speeds, pretty sure it is the shroud if anything. If I put pressure on the hall of fame light or the metal next to it, it takes the sound away
It could be that you have the same rattle I had/have with 3 Galaxy 660 Tis (including my current one). In my case at least, the noise comes from the loose metal heatsink fin edges vibrating/rattling with changes in the wind from the fans.

I eventually decided to live with it considering all the Galaxy cards I had seemed to have it and the replacement I got from RMA had at least a less severe rattle (it does it at 52% fan speed as opposed to 40% like the old ones lol). And the cooler is otherwise fantastic, having the best cool-to-quiet ratio I've had on any nvidia card yet.

Alternately, you can attach a rubber eraser with an elastic band on the offending part? :D

Is anyone looking for the KFA2 full coverage water block for this card (white acetal and nickel)?
I don't have my card anymore (upgraded to a 970 HOF) and I have a block that I bought new and used for literally a couple weeks.

Back