FS: Kawasaki ZX6R motorcycle (Roanoke, VA)

Bump! I'd rather keep it than sell it for less than $4500 with 8200 miles on it..

I'm sure it won't be hard to sell it for a grand more than that in the spring/summer time next year, so if you pass it up, don't expect to get a $4500 bike from me when the weather is warmer again. I went on a group ride with a few friends up the mountain today, and despite it being chilly, it was as fun as ever!

Bump because I bumped this originally 3 months ago and hopefully I'll get a bike myself within the next 5 years. Good luck selling it but I say keep it!

Thanks guys.

As far as keeping the bike, I'm torn. I love this bike.. I've put what I would consider to be a relatively large chunk of money into the bike, and it's the best bike I've ever owned all around.. but these random things continue to happen and it almost feels like it's someone telling me to get rid of it, you know? Since I've owned it, it's one thing after another that seems to cause a financial burden that I wouldn't have with an extra $4500 in the bank.

....but again, I love the bike. I'm hesitant to get rid of it.. I'm not going to sell it for less than $4500 and lose THAT MUCH money because it's not worth losing that much money to me. It's obviously worth what I'm asking for it. I can afford to continue my life and keep the bike, but I'd like to have that extra money in my hand. It will continue to be in the classifieds until I sell it.. whether it's $4500 or $5500 in the spring, I'm going to ride it until it sells.

My '97 ZX6E says Bump To You:

sept05000910uu.jpg

Too much computer for me.. ;)

I'd really like the money more than anything.. but I'd still consider partial trades, as I've said many many many times. Prefer the money to be the larger portion of the transaction than the trade, but we'll see.

What's the deal? Why no more interest with anyone? It's a beautiful, clean, bike!

If you would have it for sale this coming summer I'd buy it off ya.. I know that doesn't really help, but it's a pretty bike, free bump for you.

I've got a "serious buyer" at the bank today trying to get a loan.. but so far everyone who said they were interested in it claimed to be "serious buyers" and I still have the motorcycle............... so I guess we'll see.

ZeRo_C0oL said:
I've got a "serious buyer" at the bank today trying to get a loan.. but so far everyone who said they were interested in it claimed to be "serious buyers" and I still have the motorcycle............... so I guess we'll see.

btw, I have a few more pictures that I finally resized and hosted.. they DO NOT REFLECT THE NEW FRONT TIRE.. so the tire in the pictures is bald.

DSC01130.JPG

DSC01132.JPG

DSC01134.JPG

DSC01136.JPG

DSC01137.JPG

DSC01138.JPG

DSC01141.JPG

DSC01193.JPG

DSC01197.JPG

DSC01199.JPG

DSC01200.JPG

DSC01216.JPG

DSC01217.JPG

DSC01220.JPG

DSC01130.JPG

The reason no one is bidding, is because it doesn't come up in a search. I have searched for zx6r, zx-6r, 2001 zx6r, etc... and come up with no listing for your bike.

ewb302 said:
The reason no one is bidding, is because it doesn't come up in a search. I have searched for zx6r, zx-6r, 2001 zx6r, etc... and come up with no listing for your bike.

I discovered the same problem after listing it. I battled it out with ebay and now I can find it under a search.. They were trying to tell me it was because I revised the auction description, but that had nothing to do with it. I couldn't find it before, or after.. Now it's there. :)

It's starting to get some bids now. Hopefully you will get what you want or more out of it...

Well look at that. It hit your reserve and with a full day left, it is certainly going to go higher. Good luck man.

ewb302 said:
Well look at that. It hit your reserve and with a full day left, it is certainly going to go higher. Good luck man.

I'm just hoping the winning bidder pays up. It cost me $66.00 to list the auction on ebay. If they don't pay up, I'm going to be pretty pissed off. That's why I ended up closing my other account about a year ago.. so many scams on there, and so many people that don't pay up.

Thanks! :)

Yeah, good luck...hopefully it will go high enough to offset the ebay charges (the ones they charge based on the winning price) and the winning bidder does not have buyer's remorse.....

:) Thanks

We've got about 4 1/2 hours left IIRC.... If you want it, this is the last chance. :D

i thought automobile auction are different. they dont take percentage off final value fee cause that would be insane?

i see that it sold already, was gonna bump it, lol.

linjy2 said:
i thought automobile auction are different. they dont take percentage off final value fee cause that would be insane?

i see that it sold already, was gonna bump it, lol.

I wouldn't call it sold. :(

The auction is over, but the jackass hasn't responded to me in the last 3 days.. I can only assume he's flaking out. The other guy that was interested was supposed to drive down from NC before the auction ended today, and of course he said he'd have money in hand to get me to end the auction early, and he didn't show either. Why do people bother if they either don't want the bike, or can't afford it?

Back