FS: Kawasaki ZX6R motorcycle (Roanoke, VA)

No problem. Just convinced the parents that I can handle a 600 over a 500 (It's just 100 more cc's mom ;) )

You have a PM

nice bike man i've been readin your thread since u started it sucks you didnt sell it yet i wish i didnt buy my truck 6 months ago esp with gas prices lol. and as far as the cops like they always say you can always out run the cop but never out run the radio. most cops wont call other counties unless they got ur plate number and seen u had a past record. Ive heard from my one police officer friend the other day cops are not allowed to chase motorcycles if they are going over 100mph.if they do they can loose there job and pay for medical bills for the rider if hurt. but thats in Pa . best of luck to ya bud ive tried sellin it for u up here in pa i had some friends lookin for bikes but they all have rode for years and just want something bigger

LoKeDoG said:
nice bike man i've been readin your thread since u started it sucks you didnt sell it yet i wish i didnt buy my truck 6 months ago esp with gas prices lol. and as far as the cops like they always say you can always out run the cop but never out run the radio. most cops wont call other counties unless they got ur plate number and seen u had a past record. Ive heard from my one police officer friend the other day cops are not allowed to chase motorcycles if they are going over 100mph.if they do they can loose there job and pay for medical bills for the rider if hurt. but thats in Pa . best of luck to ya bud ive tried sellin it for u up here in pa i had some friends lookin for bikes but they all have rode for years and just want something bigger

I really appreciate your help! ...as you can see, it's been one thing after another for me. If one thing isn't going wrong, something else is. I've decided to give up trying to hang onto the bike and just let it go.

I've heard rumors of "no chase" laws for motorcycles here in Virginia @ 100+ mph but I still have yet to confirm whether or not that's true. I've seen videos of how they stop a motorcycle in a chase if they can get close enough; They use their cars. Heh... He wasn't chasing me anyway though; I pulled over quickly enough that it wasn't an issue. There are things in my life that I value too much to risk it all by running when the odds were against me. Again, I appreciate positive feedback and your help in trying to sell.

my.php

Bump from a new ZX6 owner. Would've bought yours but this one was local and was only around $3000 (It's a bit older; '97).

Just out of curiosity, how did you get the tail-lights that are mounted under the rear section of the bike off? I think I've heard of that procedure before but I don't remember exactly how it was done.

wow, gorgeous bike...I live in charlottesville VA, but I'm 15...so no license, and no motorcycle license, although I really want one...I'd go down and buy it from you if I could. Bump for you though.

Thanks for the bumps fellas! I really appreciate it. Due to the situation, it needs to go quickly. At $4800 I don't know why it's still here.

Free bump. Nice bike , a bit to far, and small for me, (not so small these days, after gettin out of the army in 2k)

Whimpy said:
Free bump. Nice bike , a bit to far, and small for me, (not so small these days, after gettin out of the army in 2k)

If you haven't owned a bike like this before, don't overestimate yourself and go straight for a huge bike because it doesn't matter how big of a guy you are, you'll get yourself killed in a heartbeat. The thing that I don't like about bigger bikes is that your front wheel is going to come up in just about every gear from throttle roll.. Some of my friends race their bikes on the track here and the ones that aren't lowered and stretched have problems getting a good run in because the wheel wants to come up through the gears and you don't want to run an 1/8th or 1/4 mile with the front wheel in the air, obviously. With a 600, it'll come up, but only if you want it to.

This is a fast 600.... truly, genuinely.. fast! I was in second gear next to my buddy on his CBR 600 F4i and we were cruising side by side, looked at eachother, nodded.. and wound out second gear to see which was quicker and I could see him in my mirror by the time second gear was over. I let off, he caught up, and I could see the astonishment in his eyes when he lifted his visor.. LOL! It out handles the CBR, and it out accelerates the CBR.. and it sounds better (and looks better) than the CBR. I can understand wanting a bigger bike, I just hope you're careful with your selection and don't make the mistake everyoen else makes of getting a big that's too big for you. I'm not a stick figure myself and the 600 is still a rocket. I've got a turbo GTI that runs low 13's in the 1/4 which by my standards is pretty quick for a 4-cylinder daily driver on the OE turbo, full leather interior, spare tire, etc.. and when I get in my car after riding it feels like it's running on 2 cylinders!!!!

to the top.

had a lot of flaky responses from people who don't really seem interested in buying it. there will be no free rides just because you want to ride a bike. Not on this bike, anyway. I've set a firm price.. I did say I would consider trades, but I'd like to get as close to $4k cash as possible + trade if necessary. I prefer $4800 cash. That's a good deal for this bike, as many people have mentioned.

Hit me up via AIM or e-mail sometime. I have spoken to you before online a few times before. JCJones is my neighbor heh, small world indeed.

I have no experience in riding these types of bikes but am very interested. Honestly, I am not very attracted to this thing (don't know why) but for a beginner this would be more than enough bike for me. Seems like you have a good deal going on.

AIM: LoStMaTt996
e-mail: [email protected]

I don't have all of the funds at the moment, but I do live in Roanoke, so no shipping is necessary.

Bump!

( I sent you an IM, Matt.. but never heard back from you. Hit me up if you get a chance. It's SupuhFlyWhiteGuy :D )

TTT for a killer bike.

I got a ticket 2 weeks ago. 106mph in a 65mph zone here in ohio. I was on my Suzuki SV1000S. My advice is GET A LAWYER!!!!!

the ticket cost me 600$ total because i got the lawyer. If i wouldnt have got the lawyer it would have cost me about 1100$ and 8 points on my license!

Get a lawyer man and good luck!

Thanks! ...and yeah, it was 107 in a 55. Sounds stupid if you don't ride, but MAN is it easy to do 107 on a ZX6R.. now I've got to pay for it. :(

...I'm expecting to spend $3k on an attorney.

What happened with you in court? Virginia is pretty strict on the speed now. They're pretty strict on everything. I've had another ticket recently too so that's going to kill me. I'm hoping that if I get a second job for the weekends, they won't give me jail time--hopefully.. and that it might help if I sell the bike before court admitting my mistake. How much did you pay for the attorney? What was the actual fine/punishment from court?

B U M P ! ! !

Bump, as for size, heh, yeah used to have an R1 right before i got out of the Army, sold it cause I didn't want to ride it cross country.

But 107 in a 55, yeah that is going to be a hefty fine, guess I got lucky the only time I got pulled over, got off with a warning in GA....(120+ in a 55, he let me off cause I stoped, said "glad you stoped, wouldn't ever been able to catch ya, keep the speed down next time" I did all the way to Hooters =) )

Bump for a (semi) local...I'm in Bluefield. :)

I've thought about getting a bike because gas prices have been rough, but I've gotten into more than my fair share of trouble in my 12 sec. GT already. :eek: The last thing I need is a 10 second bike that'll make it even easier for me to get arrested or killed...the only good thing about me buying this bike is that I could finally shut up my co-worker who owns an 02 TransAm with 450rwhp. He thinks that thing is invincible, and it would be nice to shut him up with only 600cc of displacement. :D

Thanks guys! :)

...and as for shutting up a measely 450rwhp TA.. the car that I was whooping up on when I got pulled over was a Mustang that literally runs 10's. :D

well, here in ohio, the fine for the ticket was $150.00 and 2 points on the lisence.

I was also charged with Reckless operation which is a $500.00 fine and 6 points on the on L's

I paid $500.00 for my lawyer to show up for 30 minutes in court. The lawyer talked to the prosecutor and got the reckless op dropped. I paid a 25$ fine and court costs which were $75.00

total was about $700.00 and a 2 point speeding ticket.

I went in a pile of shit and came out smellin like a rose.

Good luck man. I hope it turns out good for you.

Struck a few peoples interest lately. Hoping to hear some good news sometime today..

"Get it while the gettin's good" :p

Back