Frozencpu.com going out of business sale 50% off

I never had any issues with FrozenCPU. In fact I much preferred them to PPCS' disaster of a website (even before the redesign!) after Sidewinder Computers folded. I used to almost exclusively order from Gary (Sidewinder Computers).
FrozenCPU was always responsive and helpful, with fast shipping, and (at least while the xtremesystems discount code was still active) fair pricing.
I hear ya. I've had nothing but good experiences with FCPU over the many years I've been dealing with them. Never had anything go off the rails once, until this going out of business sale. And that was taken care of far beyond what I ever expected.

Has anyone received a shipment (or shipment notification) for an order placed this week with the 75%-off discount yet?
At this point I have three orders in the "packing" stage. I wonder if they're just batching orders until the end of the week for shipping.
The order I placed Monday says it shipped today, but the email looks like this with no details, so I don't know. I assume there will be a follow-up email.

1683249028844.png

Says no one LoL
Says literally the guy you quoted. 🤔

Anyway, I used FCPU a ton from like 2012-2015 right before the owner had his coke rampage. I didn't really trust them after that. Though after they came back under a new owner, many people I know continued to have positive experiences. They did right by me during those years, so I am sad to see them go.

Pink lady/cripps pink (same thing) is one of my favorites; especially past February.

They are also one of the sweetest apples...the acidity just covers it up. The acid is the "food" the fruit survives on in storage after it is picked. More acid tends to give a crisper fruit later in the season.

The new cosmic crisp is probably worth a try if you like crisp. It is a sweeter one though. When it was in testing, I was talking to the breeder and he was telling me they stored it for 18mo on CA storage...which is unheard of.

I have been eating them for about 10 years and have never had a bad one. Only one that was so-so.

A tech forum and we are talking about the real apple.
Sacrilege! A Crisp Pink is a Pink Lady that failed quality control, typically because the acidity level is off. True Pink Lady Apples, of which there are now several qualified varieties, have a very distinct flavor profile. Places that know this always charge more for genuine Pink Lady Apples.

Or as the Pink Lady Association states:
Every apple that goes to market as a Pink Lady® has met the criteria for sugar content, firmness, color and blemishes. More than half of the season’s crop do not meet those standards and are sold instead as “Cripps Pink”. Because of this, it is considered a premium apple.

V2-Pink-Lady-Apple-Infographic.jpg

Sacrilege! A Crisp Pink is a Pink Lady that failed quality control, typically because the acidity level is off. True Pink Lady Apples, of which there are now several qualified varieties, have a very distinct flavor profile. Places that know this always charge more for genuine Pink Lady Apples.

Or as the Pink Lady Association states:
Every apple that goes to market as a Pink Lady® has met the criteria for sugar content, firmness, color and blemishes. More than half of the season’s crop do not meet those standards and are sold instead as “Cripps Pink”. Because of this, it is considered a premium apple.

View attachment 568377
Oh my lord.....I can't help but laugh.

There is no difference between the two. Zip, zero, nada. The difference is the guy that holds the trademark for Pink Lady isn't getting his cut. Years ago, he was flying around in a helicopter looking for cripps pink trees and trying to make sure everyone was paying their dues and looking for trees that might be infringing on his stuff and suing farmers left and right. So, because there are a bunch of farmers that can't stand him, they choose not to pay his kick back. I could go on and on about it even more, but I won't.

:mad: Now I can't stop thinking about.............🤬

I hear ya. I've had nothing but good experiences with FCPU over the many years I've been dealing with them. Never had anything go off the rails once, until this going out of business sale. And that was taken care of far beyond what I ever expect

Oh my lord.....I can't help but laugh.

There is no difference between the two. Zip, zero, nada. The difference is the guy that holds the trademark for Pink Lady isn't getting his cut. Years ago, he was flying around in a helicopter looking for cripps pink trees and trying to make sure everyone was paying their dues and looking for trees that might be infringing on his stuff and suing farmers left and right. So, because there are a bunch of farmers that can't stand him, they choose not to pay his kick back. I could go on and on about it even more, but I won't.

:mad: Now I can't stop thinking about.............🤬

As an apple connoisseur, I strongly disagree. I'm not saying that all Crisp Pinks are terrible, but I am saying that I've never experienced a Crisp Pink that tasted anywhere as good as a good pink lady apple.

Darn. Wish I saw this thread before...Was looking to buy some QDC fittings and other Watercool items. If by any chance anyone bought some Koolance QDC spares that would be willing to part with them, please do send me a line ^_^. Need to pick up some 3/8 5/8 for for an external WC setup.

The order I placed Monday says it shipped today, but the email looks like this with no details, so I don't know. I assume there will be a follow-up email.

View attachment 568371

Says literally the guy you quoted. 🤔

Anyway, I used FCPU a ton from like 2012-2015 right before the owner had his coke rampage. I didn't really trust them after that. Though after they came back under a new owner, many people I know continued to have positive experiences. They did right by me during those years, so I am sad to see them go.
UPS tracking info showed up this morning.

My local whole foods sell cripps and ladies for the same price day in and out. The ones they get are indistinguishable from each other aside from the name on the sticker. I'm a fan. Also of honeycrisp.

On the other hand I've never spent a cent on an Apple product.

Cost me another $65 on stuff I don't need. Hoarding bitspower rotary compression fittings and extenders is pretty embarrassing.
My order on May 2nd doesn't show up in my orders on their website. Paypal shows the charge, but other than that, crickets, no email either. Seems odd to not even get an order number on the website.

Yeah, that doesn't sound kosher at all. I'd give their support number a try and see whats up.
The only number I can find is the 1-877 number on the Paypal receipt. That goes to some medical alert device scammer number. What number did you call? I just sent an email like mvmiller12 did. We'll see what happens.

The only number I can find is the 1-877 number on the Paypal receipt. That goes to some medical alert device scammer number. What number did you call? I just sent an email like mvmiller12 did. We'll see what happens.
Nvm, I forgot their support number is dead :( the email option is the way I contacted them.

Nvm, I forgot their support number is dead :( the email option is the way I contacted them.
No reply to my email yet, but I did out of the blue today get an email from frozencpu indicating that my package was out for delivery and the tracking link shows it was already delivered today. All's well that ends well I guess.

My order came today, minus 2 of the 4 bottles of Koolance liquid I had ordered. Packing slip indicated I would get refunded for those 2, so I assume they just didn't actually have them.

Two orders arrived today and the last two I placed last week both have tracking and delivery dates.
Glad I got in on this, picked up a lot of cool and unique stuff which will probably never be available again (Monsoon, UV green accessories, ridiculous fan grills, etc).

Sad to see FrozenCPU go though.

Final update - all my orders arrived (altogether 6 total, 4 during the last week of the sale).
One of the orders was missing two minor items, an email and 3 days later and they showed up too.

Hopefully everyone scored some good deals and good luck to the FrozenCPU crew!

Looks like to me FrozenCPU is still in business, but under new ownership possibly??

Seems like they've had multiple "going out of business" sales in recent years.

Looks like to me FrozenCPU is still in business, but under new ownership possibly??

Seems like they've had multiple "going out of business" sales in recent years.
From the same location or a different one? If the new owner is only buying the brand name, or wants to run out of a different warehouse a firesale to dump old inventory would either be necessary or potentially cheaper than shipping it all long distance.

So where did the inventory come from? Is this just everything left over from the last we're closing our doors for real this time sale?

am i reading right that a web site and app dev bought them, Digital Outpost LLC?

Back