Frozencpu.com going out of business sale 50% off

Yessir, that's the only reason that I bought so much. Everything I got was half off.
You have to watch for "orderable only" tho (the discount wont work on those) and some have disclaimers under the price in red text that say, no discount will be applied price is already too low iirc (mostly fittings).
I ordered 4 koolance qd3 fittings that showed orderable and I got 50% off on them. The only thing that didn't get 50% off for me were the $5 Bitspower dual rotary fittings because they were already clearance price. However, I don't think I'm going to get those koolance qd3 fittings at all as the site now shows out of stock on them instead of orderable.

I ordered 4 koolance qd3 fittings that showed orderable and I got 50% off on them. The only thing that didn't get 50% off for me were the $5 Bitspower dual rotary fittings because they were already clearance price. However, I don't think I'm going to get those koolance qd3 fittings at all as the site now shows out of stock on them instead of orderable.
They're pretty quick to update quantities, they probably filled your order then zeroed out stock. If there's only 1 in stock or you buy all that's left it will zero out by the next day. I got lucky the first time I ordered my 1st pump because stock didn't change the next day. It stayed at 2, they must have found a third one so I bought those too (couldn't pass up $62ea vs $95-$100+ everywhere else). The day after they were oos.
Those qdc3s were a nice catch. I almost grabbed the 1/2x3/4in black ones.

They're pretty quick to update quantities, they probably filled your order then zeroed out stock. If there's only 1 in stock or you buy all that's left it will zero out by the next day. I got lucky the first time I ordered my 1st pump because stock didn't change the next day. It stayed at 2, they must have found a third one so I bought those too (couldn't pass up $62ea vs $95-$100+ everywhere else). The day after they were oos.
Those qdc3s were a nice catch. I almost grabbed the 1/2x3/4in black ones.
Well, they refunded me the cost of the Koolance QD3s, so I guess I won't be getting those. They show the status of my order as shipped, but I haven't gotten any email from them with a tracking number or anything.

Well, they refunded me the cost of the Koolance QD3s, so I guess I won't be getting those. They show the status of my order as shipped, but I haven't gotten any email from them with a tracking number or anything.
Aw man that's a drag. I had the same with my second order. The status changed to shipped but never got a tracking email.

another main issue is those guys at the top get less of a cut if made in USA... American workers won't work for peanuts like those foreigners will.. They'll slave 12-18 hours a day for a few bucks..
Your good $200 power supply made by foreigners would be $300-400 if made in USA
While the wages are still lower for foreign labor, the gap is closing because quality of life and inflation is kicking in. My wife designs support centers all over the world that essentially leverages the same cost difference, and it's changing rapidly. It's not 10x cheaper as it once was, but now more like 2-3x, and the gap is closing.

But the bigger factor is the amount of 'babysitting' companies have to do compared to being domestically based to keep everything running smooth. Having to keep whole teams 24x7 watching china for 'bait and switch', material substitutions, and other qa shenanigans that do occur if you let your guard down is a huge time sink and additional cost. When you factor in the cost of flights and travel expenses half way across the world every other month or more, that's very expensive and erodes any 'savings' in labor. Then there's just the hassle. At some point you just get tired of it since it's saving you 10-20% but wasting efforts that could be used for growth in sales.

This is where a lot of companies are today. There's actually companies that are looking to 3d printing en mass as opposed to farming out manufacturing to china (everyamp's snapplate is a perfect example), and I think it will only be a matter of time before injection molding, etc comes back to the usa. There are some companies that do final assembly and making the product in the usa from globally sourced parts (wasd keyboards is a good example), and I think companies like this when provided with an alternate supply chain that is not subject to interruptions and price spikes and is domestic will make the switch.

Pink lady/cripps pink (same thing) is one of my favorites; especially past February.

They are also one of the sweetest apples...the acidity just covers it up. The acid is the "food" the fruit survives on in storage after it is picked. More acid tends to give a crisper fruit later in the season.

The new cosmic crisp is probably worth a try if you like crisp. It is a sweeter one though. When it was in testing, I was talking to the breeder and he was telling me they stored it for 18mo on CA storage...which is unheard of.

I have been eating them for about 10 years and have never had a bad one. Only one that was so-so.

A tech forum and we are talking about the real apple.
I'm partial to the Snap Dragon Apple these days, they remind me a lot of Honey Crisps but a little less bitter and a better texture. If you're ever bored I really enjoyed reading "The Botany of Desire" by Michael Pollan like 10-15 years ago.

Picked these up just to have on hand. Was the rest of what they had of those in-stock.

image.png

I ordered some wonder snails as a second order on Monday and they arrived today. However, my original order of compression fittings from last week hasn't shipped.

I noticed after the fact that all of the FrozenCPU automated order-related emails went into the Spam/Junk folder.
Yeah, I searched there, but found nothing. The order info and an email about preparing packaging went there, but there was never a tracking email for the first order, just the second. No big deal, I know they are slammed and I got my stuff.

I noticed after the fact that all of the FrozenCPU automated order-related emails went into the Spam/Junk folder.
You have a gmail/yahoo/hotmail account? Those are notorious for putting legit domain emails in spam. :( I deal with that all the time for my domain.

You have a gmail/yahoo/hotmail account? Those are notorious for putting legit domain emails in spam. :( I deal with that all the time for my domain.
Yeah I use one of those providers for order-related emails and my personal domain email for everything else.

I got a packing notice then ups sent me a message saying I had something inbound a few days later, didn't get anything in between the two.

Well. I found some gems...ordered 4-BP matte black, 1/2x3/4in. Dual Rotary Compression 90s, 6 BP matte black, DRC -45s, 100 BP uv red o-rings, 10- BP matte black, rotary compressions and of course another box of Primochill lrt onyx black tubing. Couldn't believe there was still any tubing left being so cheap now.

Well. I found some gems...ordered 4-BP matte black, 1/2x3/4in. Dual Rotary Compression 90s, 6 BP matte black, DRC -45s, 100 BP uv red o-rings, 10- BP matte black, rotary compressions and of course another box of Primochill lrt onyx black tubing. Couldn't believe there was still any tubing left being so cheap now.
I tried for 30 feet of Mayhems Ultraclear myself. Will see if I get any with this order.

Also picked up some Monsoon 45 and 90 degree rotaries to go with the 6-packs I bought last week.

is it normal for paypal to show the full price before the discount before completing the transaction through paypal?

Edited: I'm an idiot.

Last edited:
is it normal for paypal to show the full price before the discount before completing the transaction through paypal?

View attachment 567895View attachment 567896
I can't say unfortunately. I haven't used pp with them recently. With my cc it only charges the grand total.
As long as they don't try to actually pull the $629 vs the $193...pp being pp I can understand your trepidation.

Edited: I'm an idiot.
This time around I noticed like 8 transactions on my CC through PP marked with *FROZENCPU*.
Eventually they all got refunded/canceled out and I am left with only the discounted charge for my latest order.
Definitely a bit bizarre - I wonder if their payment system/PP integration glitched out?

Well, they still have Koolance QD3s, but they're the less-common variety such as the 13mm tubing. Also, the are plenty of 10mm QD3 Males if you don't mind the panel mount barbs (QD3-MS10-P) and females (QD3-FSFG4-P) if you get the kind that go to G1/4 so you can use your own hose fittings with them. I just picked up 10 each of those, the last 4 bottles of Koolance fluid, and a few other knick-knacks for... $120.

Daaayaaammmmm!

Well, they still have Koolance QD3s, but they're the less-common variety such as the 13mm tubing. Also, the are plenty of 10mm QD3 Males if you don't mind the panel mount barbs (QD3-MS10-P) and females (QD3-FSFG4-P) if you get the kind that go to G1/4 so you can use your own hose fittings with them. I just picked up 10 each of those, the last 4 bottles of Koolance fluid, and a few other knick-knacks for... $120.

Daaayaaammmmm!
I know man. I'm embarrassed to say how much I've spent.

Has anyone received a shipment (or shipment notification) for an order placed this week with the 75%-off discount yet?
At this point I have three orders in the "packing" stage. I wonder if they're just batching orders until the end of the week for shipping.

Has anyone received a shipment (or shipment notification) for an order placed this week with the 75%-off discount yet?
At this point I have three orders in the "packing" stage. I wonder if they're just batching orders until the end of the week for shipping.
I haven't gotten a single shipping status email from them for any of my orders (nothing in junk mail). I've been keeping track through the orders window. The emails from the owner came through fine...

The order I placed on the 2nd is still at packing as well :(

Everytime a wcing company folds up. Our options shrivel a bit more and the never ending price creep steepens.

They weren't the greatest etailer but they'll be missed nevertheless.
I never had any issues with FrozenCPU. In fact I much preferred them to PPCS' disaster of a website (even before the redesign!) after Sidewinder Computers folded. I used to almost exclusively order from Gary (Sidewinder Computers).
FrozenCPU was always responsive and helpful, with fast shipping, and (at least while the xtremesystems discount code was still active) fair pricing.

Back