Forza Motorsport(8) thread

Preloading is now available for Microsoft Store and Game Pass. Not sure about Steam.

Forza Motorsport Premium Edition

Forza8.jpg

My 2021 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray

1696119434363.png

Last edited:
Forza Motorsport’s PC Performance Is Highly Disappointing

Forza Motorsport does not run well at all on this beast of a PC...on the contrary, it is a stuttery, nearly unplayable mess with ray tracing enabled to the maximum (full reflections plus ambient occlusion), and not even NVIDIA DLSS set to Performance mode (upscaling to 4K from 1080p) can allow it to reach 40 frames per second, as you can see in the built-in benchmark tool result above

I also tested the benchmark with ray tracing completely turned off. Unfortunately, the frame rate only improved by 10FPS, and the stutter count was even higher...

https://wccftech.com/forza-motorsports-performance-is-highly-disappointing-on-pc/

Forza Motorsport does not run well at all on this beast of a PC...on the contrary, it is a stuttery, nearly unplayable mess with ray tracing enabled to the maximum (full reflections plus ambient occlusion), and not even NVIDIA DLSS set to Performance mode (upscaling to 4K from 1080p) can allow it to reach 40 frames per second, as you can see in the built-in benchmark tool result above

I also tested the benchmark with ray tracing completely turned off. Unfortunately, the frame rate only improved by 10FPS, and the stutter count was even higher...

https://wccftech.com/forza-motorsports-performance-is-highly-disappointing-on-pc/
Ouch! Looks like I'll be waiting for a few post-launch patches before I give it a try.

peoples absurd exceptions of everything being playable at 4k/120 with all the fancy shit turned on is disappointing....

What fancy shit is there in this that isnt in FM7? The models and textures are the same...
rt and all that crap, plus its coming from wtftech...
has anyone here, which i would trust more that wtftech, confirmed it? are they using a retail version, press release, has it been day 1 patched(usually inevitable)?
are you having their issues?

Unfollowed some more people on Twitch last night for playing the game before release time.

Pls ignore wccftech, especially reviews by "Alessio Palumbo" at this point.
His system is fucked up. Something is wrong with his CPU config. Already the third time where his benchmarks are completely out of line. His latest AC:Mirage also.

This is how his system should perform in Forza Motorsport (without DLSS!):

View: https://i.imgur.com/CIbu34Q.png

Apparently there is no way to turn off Dynamic Resolution in the settings?

rt and all that crap, plus its coming from wtftech...
has anyone here, which i would trust more that wtftech, confirmed it? are they using a retail version, press release, has it been day 1 patched(usually inevitable)?
are you having their issues?
nah, We went from no RT to RT on FH5 so its not that.

I have only played through the initial tutorial races, but so far it seems good and runs perfectly fine on my system. I turned everything up and disabled as much dynamic stuff as I could. I don't think you can disable resolution scaling.

Here is a benchmark screenshot for those who are interested.

Content Screenshot 2023.10.05 - 22.30.35.75.png

The physics are a lot better. You can exceed the traction of the tires without the car snapping out from underneath you. One of the things I noticed is being able to see the marbles on the track, and driving outside of the racing line results in less grip. It also seems that ambient temperature affects how the car drives and how quickly your tires warm up.

Some of the older tracks have been rebuilt, but others have not. I confirmed that Road America is still the same track model going back to FM4, but they did tighten up the carousel a bit to make the last third of the lap a bit more accurate in shape. It still has all of the unnecessary camber in a bunch of turns and the sharp apexes I mentioned earlier in the thread. Mugello seems to be the most improved, as it has been completely rebuilt. Barcelona shows the same kind of care. Lime Rock is also a lot more accurate. I was going to look at Nürburgring GP, but the game crashed on me when I tried to load the track and I decided to go to sleep. This seems to give a chance that we'll finally get an accurate track model for Nordschleife.

The lighting is a huge issue in this game. The reflections off of the cars makes the color look extremely washed out. Doing what Digital Foundry said to "fix" it does absolutely nothing to improved the look of the game. In some areas the game looks really good, but since the cars are front and center it really hurts the overall look of the game. Cars that are supposed to be black appear grey or brown depending on the lighting.

I like what I've driven of the career so far. They refactored how the races play out such that you can race a completely stock car if you want. The one thing I don't like is they took away the ability to change the length of the race like in FM7, meaning in the early series you're stuck with 3-6 lap sprints. The good thing is that the AI is much improved, but it still has some quirks. Some tracks like Lime Rock the AI crashes constantly in the first and third turns for some reason. Turning the racing line assist on shows that it takes the AI all the way to the edge of the track for the entry to the second apex of the first turn, and it seems the AI can't handle it.

Overall impressions so far are good, but the issues with the car lighting are very bothersome.

Looks fun. What controller do you use? Also that little mishap at 1:40, that bumped you, guy was having a bad day. At least it didn't mess with your momentum too much.
Elite Series 2. It's hit or miss with the AI. Sometimes I have good battles with them, other times it's carnage. Lime Rock is one of the tracks the AI seems to have more trouble with.

Here's a Shadowplay capture that came out better. Unfortunately the lead car ran wide in the last turn. This race also shows another QoL update with this game in that the track limits are more realistic, showing that you can go out to the cones at Silverstone National going onto the back straight. Can also see that Silverstone is a lot more accurate. It seems like Road America is the only real track that got shafted in this game.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLiRERK3S_Y

Is anyone else getting random performance drops? I'll randomly have my frame rate drop from 80-90 fps into the 40s, with GPU usage similarly falling off a cliff. Eventually figured out that all I have to do is pause and then un-pause the game to fix it. Very strange.

Also, the whole car XP thing and locking upgrades behind it is absolutely infuriating. Forza 7 was one of the most disappointing game I ever played because they removed rivals mode... now rivals is back, but I can't enjoy it because all of the car upgrades are locked behind "car XP" walls. I'm convinced that no developers play test their games at all anymore.

Does it play well on the keyboard?
All of you bought the premium version? I thought regular is coming on 10th.

I'm tempted to get this. I have a Fanatec CSL DD wheel. I mostly play Assetto Corsa for the modding. FH5 works with it but it's obvious it leans heavily for controller use with the wheel so it lost it's luster for the wheel really quick. I get that it's a arcade game but ugh after playing AC and ACC it kinda sucks. Does this Forza feel like that? I know it's more of a sim but I'm sure it still has Arcade like qualities (Which isn't bad IMO, I haven't found the right balance yet). I have other racing games but this is the "oooooo new shiny".

afe279e9-2e56-4f37-ad42-bc193be5bb4f_text.gif

Anyone with a wheel playing yet?

Last edited:
I want to buy this game. Like.. bad. Premium is 150 bucks up here. That review you guys are talking about is why I take many with a grain of salt. It just goes to show that not everyone can tune a system, no matter how smart they think they are. I see it on youtube too. A lot of those guys cant tune worth a shit.

Back