Forza Motorsport(8) thread

Nobody has progress lost bug? I am the only one? How is that possible?

The only time a lost progress was on the Xbox when I had it in quick resume and it installed the 1.0 patch. I had done the practice session and was taking a break before doing the actual race. It made me redo the practice session but the car points I had earned from the previous practice session were still there.

How is it installed, through the Xbox app?

Wow this launch has been a total flop. Impressive.

Its funny how there are such a wide variety of problem's for a group of people, and no problems at all for another group.

Dafuq, they don't have save bug listed in known issues. I don't crash, it's when I revisit that my progress is lost. Wtf.

Still enjoying my time with the game, but now that it's been a couple weeks the AI went to shit. They're still doing the dumbass Drivatar system, and now that everybody has played the game the AI is back to its usual brake checking and sideswiping bullshit.

the AI is back to its usual brake checking and sideswiping bullshit.
1698160116408.png

also, maybe the "save bug" is not be a known issue as its not actually a wide spread issue or bug? i see one here having it and only a few on reddit, and zero indication of any troubleshooting, just complaints....

Hey you guys still having a good time with the game?

Anyone pick up that welcome pack they've got? Worth it?

I have started to play again since my time is limited with only getting gamepass for 3 months.

The good: The physics and handling is good. the little mods you do to even suspension i feel a difference in the right places. One thing thats been a problem in Forza since 6 was the sense of speed was broken. They adjusted some of it back in FH5 but in FM8 its way better. The tracks are also nicer as well as the weather visuals. I like how rubber builds up and as it does the grip comes around to. Previous games you go out first lap and do a half assed lap to get the heat/grip in the tires and then lap two your as good as your gonna get. This one the grip increments as cars make laps.

The bad: The way you earn credits and can only use it to buy cars and the extremely proprietary way they handle car leveling and that dictates what mods are unlocked and creates a second economy is quite honestly stupid as hell. I get why they did it but the gains were heavily outweighed by the negatives on that one but they doubled down on it anyway. This really hurts long term playability. They really need to revamp the car modification system from FM7 and not do what they did in FM8 for that. This game is incomplete as hell. So many tracks missing, and with all of the bugs running rampant in this game they really fucked the dog on this one. How is it they were beta testing this game for 1.5 years proir to release and still came out with all these bugs. It smells of the mantra ruining games these days which is rush to ship and fix it later. The graphics in this game are completely washed out and it really kills the graphics improvements they did do. The game runs completely like shit and i would call it unoptimized but i dont think it ever got to optimization since at this point its a public paid beta. They fucked the DLSS implementation. Regardless of what you set DLSS to its not even actually turned on and doesnt turn on. You have to edit a file to turn it on. The weather on tracks i felt was better 7. Used to have puddles and streams form on tracks that would hydroplane you but that is gone from what ive seen and replaced with what seems to be a global traction value. They have taken alot of cars out and this should always be a problem. The only excuse for this is licensing and MSFT as of the last 4 years has proven they are cheapasses with licensing to keep the game as profitable as possible. The AI isnt AI at all. They brake check you for no reason and if your passing clean they will cut the wheel right into you. They want people to race clean and get rid of multiplayer toxicity but the "AI" they made is basically a bully and just a introduction to what your actual experience is online. They seemed to get rid of the 80% rule they had in AI where at 80% of the race the AI would all of the sudden get a massive buff and run away from you or come up on you really aggressively. If you put the AI in tight spots it does dumb and unrealistic things as well.

Conclusion: Its better then previous ones and they got some shit right. It has potential. They also got ALOT of shit wrong and the game is buggy as hell, looks like shit and runs that way as well. If you want to check it out i suggest game pass first then decided if your going to get it. I would also suggest waiting until summer of 2024 or later as by that time most of the bugs will be fixed and the game will look better and be more optimized then it is now much like all forza games since FH4 have been.

I have started to play again since my time is limited with only getting gamepass for 3 months.

The good: The physics and handling is good. the little mods you do to even suspension i feel a difference in the right places. One thing thats been a problem in Forza since 6 was the sense of speed was broken. They adjusted some of it back in FH5 but in FM8 its way better. The tracks are also nicer as well as the weather visuals. I like how rubber builds up and as it does the grip comes around to. Previous games you go out first lap and do a half assed lap to get the heat/grip in the tires and then lap two your as good as your gonna get. This one the grip increments as cars make laps.

The bad: The way you earn credits and can only use it to buy cars and the extremely proprietary way they handle car leveling and that dictates what mods are unlocked and creates a second economy is quite honestly stupid as hell. I get why they did it but the gains were heavily outweighed by the negatives on that one but they doubled down on it anyway. This really hurts long term playability. They really need to revamp the car modification system from FM7 and not do what they did in FM8 for that. This game is incomplete as hell. So many tracks missing, and with all of the bugs running rampant in this game they really fucked the dog on this one. How is it they were beta testing this game for 1.5 years proir to release and still came out with all these bugs. It smells of the mantra ruining games these days which is rush to ship and fix it later. The graphics in this game are completely washed out and it really kills the graphics improvements they did do. The game runs completely like shit and i would call it unoptimized but i dont think it ever got to optimization since at this point its a public paid beta. They fucked the DLSS implementation. Regardless of what you set DLSS to its not even actually turned on and doesnt turn on. You have to edit a file to turn it on. The weather on tracks i felt was better 7. Used to have puddles and streams form on tracks that would hydroplane you but that is gone from what ive seen and replaced with what seems to be a global traction value. They have taken alot of cars out and this should always be a problem. The only excuse for this is licensing and MSFT as of the last 4 years has proven they are cheapasses with licensing to keep the game as profitable as possible. The AI isnt AI at all. They brake check you for no reason and if your passing clean they will cut the wheel right into you. They want people to race clean and get rid of multiplayer toxicity but the "AI" they made is basically a bully and just a introduction to what your actual experience is online. They seemed to get rid of the 80% rule they had in AI where at 80% of the race the AI would all of the sudden get a massive buff and run away from you or come up on you really aggressively. If you put the AI in tight spots it does dumb and unrealistic things as well.

Conclusion: Its better then previous ones and they got some shit right. It has potential. They also got ALOT of shit wrong and the game is buggy as hell, looks like shit and runs that way as well. If you want to check it out i suggest game pass first then decided if your going to get it. I would also suggest waiting until summer of 2024 or later as by that time most of the bugs will be fixed and the game will look better and be more optimized then it is now much like all forza games since FH4 have been.
The game does a vignette and zoom out effect as your speed increases. It's bad and distracting. I haven't found an option to turn that off. It becomes more noticeable as you go past 150 MPH.

The game does a vignette and zoom out effect as your speed increases. It's bad and distracting. I haven't found an option to turn that off. It becomes more noticeable as you go past 150 MPH.
i have yet to see that. Ill try free practice in a X class car tonight and check it out.

part of motion blur? mines turned off and i dont see what youre describing.

Yah I turned it off too and don't remember seeing that effect

But damn... I've been messing around with the DLSS option for nothing. Where's the flipping file at

But damn... I've been messing around with the DLSS option for nothing. Where's the flipping file at
%localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.ForzaMotorsport_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Local\User_GamingLocalStorageDirectory\ConnectedStorage\ForzaUserConfigSelections

Change DLSSGEnabled to 1.000000

Note: This is a bug and DLSS doesn’t work properly period. So YMMV. Some are getting 10-20FPS gains and some are seeing no difference.

1699041154518.png

Off topic: I will say that i did get a boost going from 3.0GHz to 4.0GHz on my CPU.

If the game is still looking washed out - I know this isn't really a solution, but if you have a screen capable of HDR, try that instead. At least for my setup, the game always renders in HDR, even when I don't have an HDR capable display connected. It actually looks pretty good on my TV, although enabling DLAA is critical, it uses a terrible TXAA implementation otherwise that blurs everything to mush.

As far as performance - It's not 'Resolution' that controls the render resolution, it's 'Dynamic Render Quality', and makes a massive difference in performance. If you set that to ultra, the game renders at 4k and downsamples to the output resolution, regardless of other settings. Ultra is 4k, high is 1440p, and medium is 1080p. For me, the visual difference between ultra and high at 1440p is zero, but FPS goes from 40 to 90.

GT7 is a much better game. Answering the question on if you like this game. Surprisingly the WRC upcoming game also looks and plays better than this. YMMV. I did try to like it but when you make a whole series out of a Miata out of 500 cars you had, you can go get f-ed for all I care - turn 10.

I was talking to my brother who races locally here in NW florida. He says the only really realistic games right now are Ansetto Corsa and iRacing.

GT7 is a much better game. Answering the question on if you like this game. Surprisingly the WRC upcoming game also looks and plays better than this. YMMV. I did try to like it but when you make a whole series out of a Miata out of 500 cars you had, you can go get f-ed for all I care - turn 10.
GT7 is exclusive to PS so unless you have a PS already the cost of that game is 600. I still have hope that GT will come to PC eventually. Making a race series with Miata is 100% fine. There are spec miata classes IRL and its very very competitive.

I was talking to my brother who races locally here in NW florida. He says the only really realistic games right now are Ansetto Corsa and iRacing.
Has he tried FM8?

I thought Asetto sucked. I bought it when they were begging for development money, I never did like it.

I thought Asetto sucked. I bought it when they were begging for development money, I never did like it.

Do you have a wheel or play with a controller? AC is awful with a controller but amazing with a wheel. It didn't click for me until I got a wheel and modded it a bit (CM, cars, tracks, and a few graphics stuff like CSP, Pure, and filters). FH5 is good with a wheel but made for a controller, there's some tricks they did so the controller is better than the wheel which is stupid.

Last edited:
Competizione is a great game.. I never played it with a wheel so I should. Are these vids from the original AC or from Competizione?

Went online and thought I was doing well having qualified 4th... Then during the race I got booted into the wall at like turn 2 and finished 2nd to last.

More or less the same scenario for the next 3 races...

What they say is true about FM. Lots of shameless rammers running rampant

Competizione is a great game.. I never played it with a wheel so I should. Are these vids from the original AC or from Competizione?

What they say is true about FM. Lots of shameless rammers running rampant

The one I posted is from the original Assetto Corsa. AC has a wider variety of car types than ACC and has crazy modding support, almost like a Garry's Mod for sim racing. Assetto Corsa Competizione has a more narrower car selection and focused on GT3 & GT4 cars and doing a career thing and online MP, it has no modding. I'm looking forward to AC2 whenever that'll be.

Ugh ramming, I stay away from racing online... FPS MP has been toxic enough for me.

Last edited:
Do you have a wheel or play with a controller?
It was an Xbox controller, it was even worse with a keyboard lol.. When I get a wheel I will give it a try, I know I am being a little hard on them. It was the original AC, not ACC.

I don't know what is going on with the drivatar system now because every one of the 8 single player races I did last night, every single AI car explicitly turned hard into me as I came up along side of them. Every. Single. One. I've resolved to just start in 3rd all the time now as racing against the AI is no longer fun.

I don't know what is going on with the drivatar system now because every one of the 8 single player races I did last night, every single AI car explicitly turned hard into me as I came up along side of them. Every. Single. One. I've resolved to just start in 3rd all the time now as racing against the AI is no longer fun.
rubbins racing, hit back! yesterday while playing they kept brake-checking me....

Yep this is how its been since the start for me. turning into you when passing and brake checking.

I did turn Frame limit from Unlocked to 60 VSync and my FPS went from 45-60 to a stable 80-84FPS

Yep this is how its been since the start for me. turning into you when passing and brake checking.

I did turn Frame limit from Unlocked to 60 VSync and my FPS went from 45-60 to a stable 80-84FPS
the fps is screwy. i have to drop my desktop res to 1440p to match the settings in game just to get freesync and my amd frame cap to work right. if i leave it at 4k, the game does render to 1440 but the cap is ignored and it shows the vvr is active but certainly does not look it.

Yas marina is probably my favorite track. Hopefully the game runs better with the update.
I'm honestly not a huge fan of the recent layout changes to the track. The constant 90-degree turns didn't make it the greatest, but I feel getting rid of the chicanes at the north and south ends of the circuit killed off some of its unique character. I especially liked the tight hairpin leading onto the long straightaway.

Back