Final Fantasy XIV Official Release Thread

honestly if its not the game its the drivers. the only thing i could possibly thing would be causing it is my preview of windows 8.1 which would use different GPU drivers. unfortunately i even tried the beta of those with no success :(

edit:

i tried the beta drivers before but when i get home im gonna try these..

http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2013/0...-windows-8-1-release-preview-now-available-2/

It could very well be something that simple as OS for all we know. Any chance you can get a clean Win7 install on that box to test with? You'd know instantly if it made a difference.

If I had a copy of Win8 I'd install it to test but I dont. I didnt plan to go Win8 until forced to do so.

Frap doesn't read it as well as riva tuner from my experience.
But yes something is broken, either the engine still sucks, or the drivers do.

My gameplay begs to differ on that.

Wonderful, but there are numerous people with issues.

dremic said:
maybe you are one of the few exceptions but most of us have experienced SLI as being poorly optimized. That or the drivers are broke as shit.

im getting 40-50% usage. sometimes ill have 30 fps and my cards arent even boosting.

That's what I was thinking, because I've got a few buddies who aren't exactly getting stellar benefits with SLI.

Frap doesn't read it as well as riva tuner from my experience.
But yes something is broken, either the engine still sucks, or the drivers do.

Wonderful, but there are numerous people with issues.

That's what I was thinking, because I've got a few buddies who aren't exactly getting stellar benefits with SLI.

yeah ive seen several posts on it in technical support. there is a problem.

ill report back after i try these drivers.

I tried all drivers from 320.49 to 326.8 all crappy results, on win 8 pro.

Don't have a copy of 7 to install, and don't feel like buying one just to test this =/, /sigh, just have to wait and see if they fix it, it's pretty annoying since I'm pretty sensitive to frame drops.

Don't have a copy of 7 to install, and don't feel like buying one just to test this =/, /sigh, just have to wait and see if they fix it, it's pretty annoying since I'm pretty sensitive to frame drops.

yeah i am sensitive to them as well.

k each server was upgraded to hold roughly 7.5~7.8k players each up from 5k previous cap
and we are still having log in issues across all servers....
that's about close to 400k concurrent connection.....................

k each server was upgraded to hold roughly 7.5~7.8k players each up from 5k previous cap

its likely there is an error or problem with the patch though, not that it is full

Could grab a Win7 ISO from here (see Step 2) and install it and use it without putting in a key. Should work long enough to test with.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/248995/how_to_install_windows_7_without_the_disc.html

They are throttling this currently. Was announced well before the maintenance that it would be so they can slowly work up to those numbers.

Ok a quick test is all I have time for atm but I was able to log right into my JP character so I ran through the central hub where I was and got around 55 FPS with the following numbers on the cards with the default Maximum setting and nothing turned down or off at 2560x1440.

94% usage
757.8MB used

79% usage
716.8MB used

There were maybe a dozen people around the area and thats without spinning around to buffer the data which always seems to help.

Last edited:
Ok a quick test is all I have time for atm but I was able to log right into my JP character so I ran through the central hub where I was and got around 55 FPS with the following numbers on the cards with the default Maximum setting and nothing turned down or off at 2560x1440.

94% usage
757.8MB used

79% usage
716.8MB used

There were maybe a dozen people around the area and thats without spinning around to buffer the data which always seems to help.

hmmm....

-_-

doesnt sound like the game then. sounds like drivers/OS

so there are still issues logging in? yeah i give up for a while, good thing i have Rome TW2 and Dota 2

No issues I've seen thus far. Logged in/out at prime time a couple of times to test and not even a queue, just instant in.

There is a lot of people playing this game I never seen so many people on one screen at once.
Choose a Gladiator level 3 now. I'm sure the bigger higher level enemies are cool.

Better then Guild Wars 2? Well you have to pay for it =)

Pretty excited. Finally got my Ifrit Bow after who knows how many attempts. I can finally start looking to do AK and stuff now!

My Bard and her new Bow:

jfgrcp.png

Pretty excited. Finally got my Ifrit Bow after who knows how many attempts. I can finally start looking to do AK and stuff now!

My Bard and her new Bow:

jfgrcp.png

Sexy! Grats.

I haven't had any playtime the last few days, still stuck at 18 on my conj, but should be able to play tonight after I put the baby down.... 25 would be nice :)

Anyone know where I should be questing at 18?

[L]imey;1040176323 said:
Sexy! Grats.

I haven't had any playtime the last few days, still stuck at 18 on my conj, but should be able to play tonight after I put the baby down.... 25 would be nice :)

Anyone know where I should be questing at 18?

If you've gotten the quest in the main storyline to go to the other cities you can probably start in the 18-20'ish zone in Limsa, that's where I am now.

I haven't logged on since like last friday (feels like an eternity really), just been too busy with going out/track stuff/work.

Everyone still enjoying it just as much?

I rolled a Caster in new Grindania having alot more fun then my Gladiator I must say though New or Old Grindaia has the most confusing map of the game.
I found my Gladiator too much of a Grind and no fun I'm sure he would be good in a group but casters are more fun.

I'm really enjoying myself. There is a lot to do lol. Got my CNJ to 40 yesterday as well as my alchemist to 24. Found out that the quickest way to level crafting looks like Levequests + HQ item hand-in's. I was getting 19k EXP per turn in from lvl 20-24. Gonna try to get my Alchemy to 30 tonight.

I rolled a Caster in new Grindania having alot more fun then my Gladiator I must say though New or Old Grindaia has the most confusing map of the game.
I found my Gladiator too much of a Grind and no fun I'm sure he would be good in a group but casters are more fun.

I just started a gladiator. I'm HUGE on having my toon looking like a bad ass and I feel like I only get that satisfaction when they're in bad ass plate armor.

wrapping up the story quest @ 50 so i can go on with raiding, so far the 8 man instances are ALOT of fun with 2 tanks 2 healers and 4 dps. Some of the boss mechanics are fun. I cant wait to start doing more end game content with my PLD.

wrapping up the story quest @ 50 so i can go on with raiding, so far the 8 man instances are ALOT of fun with 2 tanks 2 healers and 4 dps. Some of the boss mechanics are fun. I cant wait to start doing more end game content with my PLD.
When you do 2 tanks, are the boss mechanics like in WoW, where you need to swap tanks for a debuff to wear off, or is it more of a one-tank-fights-boss-while-the-other-manages-adds?

Also, the fact that there are 8-man instances makes me VERY happy. I thought they were all 24-man at endgame. Me and a small group of friends scattered throughout the world have been gaming together across multiple MMOs. We're all playing FFXIV now, and there aren't enough of us to do a 24-man raid. At the same time, there's too many of us for 4-man dungeons.

here's more plan from yoshida P
1. add new world
2. split duty finder group into 3 groups ( currently 2 groups as of last maintenance )
3. upgrade content server
1~3 are planned for next week and exact date will be announced around monday
and AFK kick will be implanted !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. server trasnfer
not much detailed was talked about but looks like you will be only allowed to transfer over to new world instead of going into exsiting full ones

O BTW new record of 325k concurrent @_@

p.s here's link but only japanese http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/82640

for those on goblin, add me

ragner lodbrok

Might go back to my Home Depot toon if my accounts ever get merged, but I doubt they will.

I logged in a couple times yesterday evening and got in both times first try! So far so good :D

I logged in a couple times yesterday evening and got in both times first try! So far so good :D

same here.

we are doing AK speed runs and we got our ifrit weapons awhile ago.

hopefully we can have guild runs of garuda / titan once more people hit 50

here's more plan from yoshida P
1. add new world
2. split duty finder group into 3 groups ( currently 2 groups as of last maintenance )
3. upgrade content server
1~3 are planned for next week and exact date will be announced around monday
and AFK kick will be implanted !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. server trasnfer
not much detailed was talked about but looks like you will be only allowed to transfer over to new world instead of going into exsiting full ones

O BTW new record of 325k concurrent @_@

p.s here's link but only japanese http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/82640

?? Once servers are fixed no one will need to stay logged in....

?? Once servers are fixed no one will need to stay logged in....

Yeah, it's a pretty vicious cycle. Can't log in because servers are full, so people stay logged in, which keeps the servers full. Very quickly 50%+ of the people logged into full servers are AFK which is a mess.

Yeah, it's a pretty vicious cycle. Can't log in because servers are full, so people stay logged in, which keeps the servers full. Very quickly 50%+ of the people logged into full servers are AFK which is a mess.

I've heard it's been all clear since yesterday. Lots of FC members cheering about logging in first try..

same here.

we are doing AK speed runs and we got our ifrit weapons awhile ago.

hopefully we can have guild runs of garuda / titan once more people hit 50

I have been doing AK speed runs myself and getting geared up and would love to run it with some of you guys.

Legacy Bing

I have been doing AK speed runs myself and getting geared up and would love to run it with some of you guys.

Legacy Bing

definitely dude. we'll see whats good later. its tough cause all our healers are really high level and our tanks are still catching up

Back