Final Fantasy XIV Official Release Thread

Well another day of not being able to play, was going to stay logged in but game crashed last night so I jus twent to bed and figured if I got up early I could get in, but nope. All day nothing but "unable to obtain NA/EU world list."

I haven't logged out in 3 days. I play other games with FFXIV running in the background and it doesn't degrade my performance. :) The sound crashed yesterday and I quick logged back in without any hassles.

Yeah but unlike most people for some reason if I alt tab the game almost always crashes, so when I have it running I can't really alt tab and do other things, which makes it super annoying.

Yeah but unlike most people for some reason if I alt tab the game almost always crashes, so when I have it running I can't really alt tab and do other things, which makes it super annoying.

If you have an AMD video card you need to run the Beta 2's. They are optimized for the game.

just crashed coming out of an instance..cant even get the fuckn servers to load...

Error 9000 "connection to server was lost. Can't sign in. I bite my thumb at you Yoshi!

of course i finally get in..only to crash 15 minutes later...

If you have an AMD video card you need to run the Beta 2's. They are optimized for the game.

Yeah, I've had better luck with the beta2 drivers. The beta1 drivers would constantly crash the game.

I had no crashes yesterday, but I did get disconnected which only gave me around 45 minutes of game time....

No luck getting in today though. *crossing fingers that the maintenance will fix this*

Quit alt-tabbing and set it to windowed mode.

^ Yep, alt tabbing full screen is bugged, sometimes it works, but when it crashes, I have to reboot my PC as i only get a perma black screen. So I go with border less windowed.

Can't get to the NA list. I hope they are doing some backbone work right now and this is temporary. Maintenance tomorrow can't come fast enough.

Got some weird error earlier where it took forever to load a zone, and when it finally loaded it was like I was lagged out or something. Had to force close the game, and now I can't get back on. Oh well, my goal of finally getting a group to kill Garuda was already accomplished today.

really. i decided not ot paly till the rush and still world is full msg. figured this shit would be fixed by now.

Finally, larger sites are universally panning SE for their horrible customer service. About time. Hilarious, the same day a lot of those reports come out I get a warning for slandering SE on their forums. All I did was ask where the hell were the rep's or community managers when there are hundreds of pages and not even one person to respond.

they already admitted the mistake and producer have openly apologized to the public
and they have come up with solution and will be implenting this on weds + a week of free time
what more are you guys asking for?
they are working as quickly as they can + adding new hardware in data center isn't easy work

Yeah sadly I logged out last night and haven't been able to get reconnected.

Was debating trying out a different class on one of the japanese servers. Anyone know if one of the JP servers has a large english speaking contingent?

Really hoping they get the log in issues fixed soon.... It's getting a bit old already....

they already admitted the mistake and producer have openly apologized to the public
and they have come up with solution and will be implenting this on weds + a week of free time
what more are you guys asking for?
they are working as quickly as they can + adding new hardware in data center isn't easy work

I'm getting lots of levels playing Hide n Seek with Agent 1017. I defeated Agent 47's clone, but this Terminator has a back up plan if you defeat him called Final Fantasy Tactics 2002. If he successfully casts that before the queue completes, you have to start all over again.

Most challenging MMO of all time!

I'm getting lots of levels playing Hide n Seek with Agent 1017. I defeated Agent 47's clone, but this Terminator has a back up plan if you defeat him called Final Fantasy Tactics 2002. If he successfully casts that before the queue completes, you have to start all over again.

Most challenging MMO of all time!

take that over to SE forum and join rest of whiny bitches who keep repeating same shit over and over

What's the warranty period on a Razor BlackWidow Ultimate? I think I broke my numpad's 0 key.

take that over to SE forum and join rest of whiny bitches who keep repeating same shit over and over

I try to stay away from official websites because their moderators don't like my brand of compliments for their terrific service! I would tell them how I love their service as it has taught me the value of having a numpad on all of my keyboards in the future. I would ask them what design team came up with the Login Boss? I'd like to thank them for a job well done.

You get the idea. Most of the time they just don't appreciate compliments. :(

I try to stay away from official websites because their moderators don't like my brand of compliments for their terrific service! I would tell them how I love their service as it has taught me the value of having a numpad on all of my keyboards in the future. I would ask them what design team came up with the Login Boss? I'd like to thank them for a job well done.

You get the idea. Most of the time they just don't appreciate compliments. :(

so you would rather em not limit the server at all and have it go down so no1 can play ?
they stated why they restricted log in and char creation while i understand your frustration because i was locked out of game most of weekend as well but if you don't understand WHY they had to do it... i am very sorry for you

Nevermind, none of the JP servers are allowing character creation anyway :) Guess I'll wait for later in the week.

so you would rather em not limit the server at all and have it go down so no1 can play ?
they stated why they restricted log in and char creation while i understand your frustration because i was locked out of game most of weekend as well but if you don't understand WHY they had to do it... i am very sorry for you

I'm not clueless as to why they did what they did. Doesn't mean that I'm ecstatic either as a consumer. I have an unopened, next day shipped, copy of FFXIV sitting here for a buddy to play with me, but we agreed NOT to open it until they get the servers fixed. Because if they don't get them fixed soon we're going to move on to something else. I'll just eat the shipping cost and send it back to Amazon on Friday if things aren't better.

I spammed the 0 key for 13 hours straight the other day. Yes, I'm that type of person. Of course I could download AHK, but that's for wimps. :) So while I'm not happy about the situation, I do understand. Is it an acceptable situation for Square Enix to put their consumers in? No. I'd take a 15,000 spot queue any day over having to get a new code off my phone to login when I get error 2002. It makes wanting to play infuriating.

I'm not clueless as to why they did what they did. Doesn't mean that I'm ecstatic either as a consumer. I have an unopened, next day shipped, copy of FFXIV sitting here for a buddy to play with me, but we agreed NOT to open it until they get the servers fixed. Because if they don't get them fixed soon we're going to move on to something else. I'll just eat the shipping cost and send it back to Amazon on Friday if things aren't better.

I spammed the 0 key for 13 hours straight the other day. Yes, I'm that type of person. Of course I could download AHK, but that's for wimps. :) So while I'm not happy about the situation, I do understand. Is it an acceptable situation for Square Enix to put their consumers in? No. I'd take a 15,000 spot queue any day over having to get a new code off my phone to login when I get error 2002. It makes wanting to play infuriating.

see now i totally agree with you that part
it is totally unacceptable for us consumers but spamming shit won't get us anywhere
we need solid permanent solution not rushed one
i'm sorry i replied to you in the way i did i just can't stand it when people keeps repeating same shit over and over

p.s shit you got hand of steel 13hrs?!?

I have a wireless XBOX 360 controller so I was relaxing and surfing the web while the character screen popped up each time. Windowed mode ftw. :)

It takes a lot to frustrate me to the point of posting. Then when I do feel the need to do so I tend to post a bunch. :)

The problem with this whole debacle is not that they were under sized on servers. I'm fine with that, tbh. The annoying part is the lack of simply being able to join a queue and wait. If I could look at my watch and figure out I'll probably be playing in 2 hours, then great I'll go do some stuff and come back in 2 hours. But to have to spend 2 hours spamming just to try to get in, is simply unprofessional. As a result, everyone stays logged in, when they would normally just log out which makes the problem worse. Oh well. In the end, it looks like it'll get fixed on tuesday, so I'll start worrying about it then.

soo it's supposed to be getting fixed tomorrow then?

supposely
they installed new hardware to increase capacity and been testing past week
maintenance to have em go live is tomorrow
it's going to be 10hr long maintenance from 5pm pst to 3 am pst our time
which is 9am to 7pm in japan

I had a full levels worth of rested xp (lvl 31-32) and when I changed classes to marauder and then back to Lancer.. my rested xp is gone? (I went to level 5 on marauder) and when I went back to my main class (lvl 31 lancer my full levels worth of rested xp is gone...) what gives??? wtf!!!

Rested XP is for the character, not class, and is a straight %. So if you have 200% of rested XP and switch to a level 1 class and use it all up in a few levels, it's gone. The good news is rested XP makes very little difference in the end. Fates (which will be the majority of your XP after 34) and quests don't use up any. Only killing mobs does.

Back