Final Fantasy XIV Official Release Thread

This is pretty bad. Probably one of the worst launches in a long time and Ive been apart of damn near every MMO launch in past few years...

Same here. I gone through a bunch. This is terrible. Im not accepting the excuse "Its not launch day, thats the 27th" Well, this is our launch day since we preordered and they gave us early start. i rather lag and bugs over the server going up and down every freaking hour. And then when they are up, we cant get on anyways. I made a speed game out of how fast i can reclick everything to try to get into game. Alright, 10 seconds!, next time I'll get 8 :)

I fully expected shit like this to happen. It will get worked out, so I'm not to worried about it

One thing that I would be pissed off about is the loss of free time given to you as a legacy member. Hopefully some compensation or extended free time will be given if the problems are prolonged.

I fully expected shit like this to happen. It will get worked out, so I'm not to worried about it

One thing that I would be pissed off about is the loss of free time given to you as a legacy member. Hopefully some compensation or extended free time will be given if the problems are prolonged.

everyone who preordered, should get an extension on the 30days of gametime before we have to pay the sub fee...that would be fair...cuz we were 'rewarded' with early access by virtue of the preorder...so we can't play before launch, simply extend it after launch

Same here. I gone through a bunch. This is terrible. Im not accepting the excuse "Its not launch day, thats the 27th" Well, this is our launch day since we preordered and they gave us early start. i rather lag and bugs over the server going up and down every freaking hour. And then when they are up, we cant get on anyways. I made a speed game out of how fast i can reclick everything to try to get into game. Alright, 10 seconds!, next time I'll get 8 :)

+1

I really thought that with SE saying this game has to succeed or the company is going under they would have all of their ducks in a row for a smooth launch. By that I mean that I expected a few server crashes and whatnot, but literally not being able to play or even progress your character should you be part of the lucky few that get to play is a bit much. People keep saying "It's technically not even launch" and "It's an MMO, this stuff is expected." Fuck that. I *already paid* for this game so that I could play a few days early. For me, this is launch. As far as MMOs having shaky launches, sure that's true, but this is right up there with the worst I've ever experienced (which is several). This is the kind of stuff that should have been caught much earlier, but SE chose to only have the closed betas open on weekends and for reasons that no one understands, conducted a 2 day long stress test/open beta in which nothing actually got stressed because *tens of thousands* of people couldn't even play it.

I'm going to stick it out because I really think there is a good game under this shitstorm of a launch. There are a lot of people out there that don't have that kind of patience though, and they will likely dump this game after experiencing this stuff. It's getting to the point where I don't know if I can blame them.

/rant

On the other side, thanks to the servers down, I played a lot with the Lodestone function, made several friends via microblogs... there is also the nice feature that imports your friends list from game to the microblog section, lets you browse your linkshell and do other stuff.

That is very neatly done, and without servers going down, I'd not be able to find this feature ;)

Tried playing today. Was able to select my character then got server full message try again later. Oh well. Had work all weekend so...

WTF I managed to play for good 3 hours log off to buy some crab legs. (wife wanted for dinner) come back and cant log in on the Faeri server. FCK..

Never log off once you get on :p

I think that's one of the main problems actually, there's no afk auto-kick so people are afking in game.

They need to put in a 20-minute or so afk logoff.

I was finally able to get into queue now, 65 people in front of me.

This is seriously ridiculous..Cant create a toon on leviathan..Try to login to my Legacy toon NOPE, world is FULL not even a fuckn que...

WTF man

EDIT: now unable to update world list...

Yeah scratch that, I was in queue and then BAM, "World is full, please try again later."

What is the fucking POINT of having a queue system if people can't even join/wait in it?

It's like they have turned off the queue system and are letting the people do it manually to try and get people not to play/overload the servers.

Also why do they have 25 Japan servers and then 25 for the ENTIRE REST OF THE WORLD.

They need more servers badly.

This really saddens me because I thought SE would have their shit together this time..

Ive been able to play a total of 15 minutes this entire weekend so far and thats not from lack of trying.

Using the "It's launch, expect it" excuse is horse shit. This isnt 2005. People should know what to expect. The GW2 launch was extremely well done iirc and had very few problems. So it CAN be done right...

Yeah, there's no doubt they could have done better on the launch. With the severity of the issues experienced in P4 beta, not extending P4 by a few days and/or holding another beta period was very risky.

Yeah, there's no doubt they could have done better on the launch. With the severity of the issues experienced in P4 beta, not extending P4 by a few days and/or holding another beta period was very risky.

Great news is, this isnt even launch yet! We get to do all this again come the 27th and 28th! YAY!

Great news is, this isnt even launch yet! We get to do all this again come the 27th and 28th! YAY!

Hopefully the fact that the weekend is ending will help. :p Unfortunately they held early-access (one of the periods where your MMO will see the most traffic) on a weekend (when everyone is off of work and school).

This weekend has definitely taken my warm and fuzzy feeling away toward SE. I really wanted to believe they were going to do it right, like they said they were. The fact that they favor the Japanese servers so heavily really pisses me off. So are the Japanese going to get updates, new content, and server improvements first too? Hell, they outsourced our damn servers and and the people running them FFS.

Excitement level reaching zero. Should have expected this, but I was hopeful.

I'm thankful I got to play as much as I did today. I'm guessing I wont be playing much this week at all, but next weekend is a 3 day weekend for me, so I'm hoping things are more settled by then.

Well figured out the lovely lobby 2002 error, checked out teh SW forum i could get onto, it seems i had to customize my security on the router and allow, port 80, 443, also did UPNP. i can make a character but servers are wonky.

Seriously a little more than just irked atm. Paid for a service that hasnt been available damn near all weekend...I even went ahead and still pre ordered and paid for the game even though I was already receiving it from 1.0...

I was able to see my character just now after getting home (was able to play today for most of the day after maintenance), I tried going in but was getting the 1017, but was persistent. Now it's unable to see any NA/EU servers. This really is shit, and I really feel for all of you guys/gals that didn't play more than a few minutes all weekend.

Seriously a little more than just irked atm. Paid for a service that hasnt been available damn near all weekend...I even went ahead and still pre ordered and paid for the game even though I was already receiving it from 1.0...

You pay extra or something, to do early access?

SE better pull a hail mary out of their ass or this is going to be the end of them. They stated they needed a win here to remain relevant and not go bankrupt. Well, if this is any indication of what is in store for little old North American and Europe, I forsee SE going out of business.

Two weeks of open beta and stress testing and this would have been a buttery smooth launch. They made a huge mistake.

Preorder Bonus: Early Access!

Get a sneak peak of all of the problems you can expect after the full launch! Includes:

-Not being able to turn in quests.
-Not being able to do instances.
-Not being able to create a character on the realm where all of your friends are.
-Not being able to play at all because the servers are down or full.

was brushing it off earlier and giving the game the benefit of the doubt.

Now I want to smash everything and punch everyone in the face.

I'm in after clicking to join around 30 times. Persistence paid off.

I've thrown in the towel for right now. The times I've tried to spam the log in, it seems that after 10ish attempts, I lose the ability to even see the NA/EU servers. They really need to put in a functioning queue....I'm sure that is much easier on the servers than tons of people like us spamming the log in until it works.

was brushing it off earlier and giving the game the benefit of the doubt.

Now I want to smash everything and punch everyone in the face.

lot-of-feelings.gif

Jk.

Well, I can get to character selection easily now, but keep getting error 1017 when I try and load. At least it's a little better, but jesus christ....

Well, I can get to character selection easily now, but keep getting error 1017 when I try and load. At least it's a little better, but jesus christ....

Try now. I was getting to character, then 1017. Now NA/EU not found again. I'm done trying. :mad::mad:HULK SMASH:mad::mad:

I was able to see my character just now after getting home (was able to play today for most of the day after maintenance), I tried going in but was getting the 1017, but was persistent. Now it's unable to see any NA/EU servers. This really is shit, and I really feel for all of you guys/gals that didn't play more than a few minutes all weekend.

You pay extra or something, to do early access?

I bought the fuckn game.

Finally able to que up for my server after error 1017'ing 30 times...

Just keep spamming your character to login (if getting 1017). It'll work eventually. How well? That depends how badly you want to get in.

I bought the fuckn game.

Finally able to que up for my server after error 1017'ing 30 times...

I guess you're the only one to ever buy something. It'll work eventually, relax.

Just keep spamming your character to login (if getting 1017). It'll work eventually. How well? That depends how badly you want to get in.

I guess you're the only one to ever buy something. It'll work eventually, relax.

Relax? Don't need your stupid white knight shit.

This has been one of the worst launches in years and there's no denying it. Even once you're able to get into a server they locked damn near every server from creating characters. Edit: I was wrong, ALL servers are currently locked with the exception of 2 EU servers...

We were told we'd get early access for promising to pay for a game before we even knew about it. This is the same BS they pulled with 1.0. So no, I wont chill out and its obvious Im not the only one who feels that.

EDIT: And I have been relaxing...all damn weekend because thats all I can do since I cant even login...

Last edited:
Guess everyone forgets how bad WoW was on launch :), im ok now that i figured out the 2002 error, just need them to figure out the servers.

Guess everyone forgets how bad WoW was on launch :), im ok now that i figured out the 2002 error, just need them to figure out the servers.

That was EONS ago in comparison to how far techonolgy has come.

Every single MMO launch that has happened in the past 3 years was MUCH better than this. They might have had long queue's to get into servers but at least you could.

Seriously, using the WoW comparison is old as fuck.

EDIT: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/67716-For-all-who-pre-ordered :eek:

"We have confirmed that the issues on the North American/European data center Worlds have resurfaced. Therefore, we have placed a severe login restriction in order to stabilize the servers." Royally fucked lol..

Last edited:
This is just hilariously bad, not surprised the first one failed, this one will too.

The first version failed because the game was bad, this one is a LOT better from the actual game but it's the server issues and thing sholding it back.

Every single mmo I have ver played on launch has had these kinds of issues, from EQ, to WoW, SWG, SW:TOR, etc.

Back