Final Fantasy XIV Official Release Thread

I'm tempted to just stick to the JP server, Anima, that has a character I created over the Phase 4 Beta since it has had no issues as of late.

Someone commented on Massively:
SE launched FFXIV:ARR with 25 servers for one country (Japan), and 25 servers for the rest of the freaking world.
Is anyone (other than SE, that is) surprised that the 25 NA/EU servers are disintegrating under the heavy pressure, while the JP servers seem unaffected?
This is such a major /facepalm moment.
Yeah, it seems ridiculous for SE to seemingly underestimate the demand from the NA/EU side, especially when a lot of NA and EU players would rather play with someone closer to where they are. As a result, would result in better performance and connections having a regionally connected server. Unfortunately, the experience so far on the NA and EU side has turned out to be anything but disappointing for a lot of us. We're having anywhere from connection issues to locked-out servers to broken or over-capacity instance and world servers.

The Japanese players have had no issues that I can see. Barring in-game bugs, their servers have been running along just fine. It's either SE didn't care about the NA and EU players or underestimated their demand, or if going by the FFXI NA/EU player-mentality-- were generally more in favor of Japanese players than anyone outside of Japan.

Yes, connection issues, server issues, and game issues are to be expected with the launch of any MMO. But, when only one region of servers have been running fine far longer than servers in another region, you begin to question whether the company is intentionally favoring one side of the planet over the other. This kind of thinking has happened in FFXI especially when it came to maintaining a PS2 version that many believe has held the game back, but unfortunately majority of JP players play on the PS2.

These servers should be identical in both hardware and software in parity with the JP servers. These issues should not exist. However, if the NA and EU servers lack capacity in comparison to the JP servers, then it should have been befitting of SE to consider increasing capacity especially in response after the Phase 4 beta and before Early Access started for a lot of us.

These server capacity and connection issues does not bode well when the launch comes on August 27th. They need to resolve this soon before then.

my 'start' button on the main screen is grayed out...thats new and creative on their part

same here, then it lights up and then I get "lobby error"....

Leviathan is full, no queue...error 1017...same shit as last weekend...rinse, wash, repeat...

edit: finally got in queue (211), if it kicks me at the loading screen.....................................

................and NA/EU is down again, what a clusterfuck

Last edited:
vdCka8a.png

Same.

I really don't think they have a clue as to what is wrong, and are just guessing.

I think they ran out of magic 'pixie dust'.

Soooo, anyone else seen Sword Art Online? Would be interesting to see a game like that in our lifetime...er..without the death part ; ) or the login bugs we have here today..lol.

Yeah - finally see NA Servers....then saw a note that cannot find Japan server list..lol.

For anyone that is able to log in now and play, duties work for me, whereas they haven't worked all weekend.

Hmm, nothing but 1017s.

..and it says my character is still located in Sastasha, which worries me. Worried I'm "stuck" in an instance.

Well, I actually got to run Sastasha a little while ago. Unfortunately, when I was done, I took the dog out for a walk, and I guess I must have crashed out or something because I came back to my game being closed. Now I'm in the same boat as everyone else and can't see the NA servers.

edit: I can see servers now, but I get the 1017 "World is Full" error. Why isn't there just a queue again?

Last edited:
It's funny how little people know about high traffic systems and think its as simple as checking a box to add more capacity. Systems from software to hardware of MMO are in a different league of what people think it is. High traffic websites harldy compare the the amount of continuous data passed back and forth.

The short betas intention was to try to funnel in as much people as possible. They tried to stress test to simulate high traffic, but simply doubling it won't solve the issue. Sometimes with systems, high traffic brings about issues that can't be recreated in development/testing environments.

But, but... they had the same exact problem the last time they launched. :)

in the meantime...

I'm a complete noob when it comes to crafting and I just found a pretty decent guide, thought I'd share

http://www.ffxivinfo.com/crafting/guide.php

Thats a good starting guide. Weaving in a good place to start, since you start making +crafting and + gathering items.

At lvl 10 weaving (im assuming any crafting) you learn to mass synth items. It's only a little quicker than manual craft, but with the number of mako leaves you turn in to hemp, it's well worth setting 99 to synth and coming back. You take a exp hit, have a small chance only for HQ items, and like a 3% failure rate, but at some point some crafting hundreds of the core items takes so much time and energy you dont care about getting 50 xp instead of 100xp.

+Crafting gear and +Gathering gear in all forms is vital to leveling up crafting quickly. It all comes back to higher success rates leads to more exp. With crafting, you can get huge bonues for crating something with high quality points in the end, even if it doesnt turn out to be a HQ item.

Well, I actually got to run Sastasha a little while ago. Unfortunately, when I was done, I took the dog out for a walk, and I guess I must have crashed out or something because I came back to my game being closed. Now I'm in the same boat as everyone else and can't see the NA servers.

edit: I can see servers now, but I get the 1017 "World is Full" error. Why isn't there just a queue again?

Cause they did what they did during earlier maintenance - put hard limits to server cap to about 50, and they do what they done earlier - see how servers behave when they let people in and congestion rises.

It should be done though during stress test between last tweeks to client after open beta and before early access time IMO.

Cause they did what they did during earlier maintenance - put hard limits to server cap to about 50, and they do what they done earlier - see how servers behave when they let people in and congestion rises.

It should be done though during stress test between last tweeks to client after open beta and before early access time IMO.

I understand there's a cap on the amount of people playing right now, but I don't see how that prevents having a queue. Everyone beyond the cap number would just be waiting in line until someone logs off. The server still wouldn't have more than the max players, and people would at least feel like there's a chance they could play in a little while.

Heading back into town now, rafting was freaking awesome.

Looks like I didn't miss much.

I keep seeing that they should have run the open beta longer. Through those 2 days I didn't experience any of the problems with the duty finder and had very little trouble getting into the servers. I actually think that something got broken after the open beta and before pre-launch.

Guess we will see what's up when I get home later.

So where do the original collector's edition people get a code to register in the client? My Square Enix account says I own 0 games again. :) I have plenty of emails welcoming me back to FFXIV and they sent me a beta test code without problems. Sorry if you'll rehashed this 1 million times. I stopped reading the thread for fear of spoilers 15 minutes after the beta test I was in ended.

servers down? I can't obtain the NA/EU world list.

edit nm I got on, but wtf it just said "Servers full plz try again later."

Isn't that where a queue should be? So you don't have to keep checking yourself...

servers down? I can't obtain the NA/EU world list.

edit nm I got on, but wtf it just said "Servers full plz try again later."

Isn't that where a queue should be? So you don't have to keep checking yourself...

servers have been down all day

Yeah. Got into a queue, start logging in, 10102 :p I think I'll try again in a few hours.

Aww, the live streamer is now getting stuck on 10102.

This is pretty bad. Probably one of the worst launches in a long time and Ive been apart of damn near every MMO launch in past few years...

Soo, what's all the fuss over this game?

Servers been up and down, locked out of servers my friends are on, and feels like I'm playing something from 10 years ago, did I miss anything?!

I got a free month of play time and trying to figure out how to access it. After a month, I'll let ya know what the big fuss is over. :)

HMM.. servers are jumping up and down, when I get in the queue, I'm kicked out from it with 10102 error, fun :D

SE should just move the launch day, close all the servers, fix all the trouble and start anew. Most of the people would understand and tolerate it better than this, what's happening

Oh in case it got lost... Anyone know what the 1.0 Collector's Edition people are supposed to do to download the client and the game? Or are we supposed to wait until later to play?

The client I found to download is asking for a Preorder code that I don't seem to have. :) I'm going to have to wait until the 27th to download the client? Or am I supposed to be able to play now? On one Square Enix website I seem to have a FFXIV account again, but on another website it still says I own nothing. The lodestone says I own nothing.

Needless to say I'm quite confused. :)

HMM.. servers are jumping up and down, when I get in the queue, I'm kicked out from it with 10102 error, fun :D

SE should just move the launch day, close all the servers, fix all the trouble and start anew. Most of the people would understand and tolerate it better than this, what's happening

I hate to see when everyone comes online. ;)

Back