Final Fantasy XIV Official Release Thread

hopefully leviathan character creation is available after this maintenance. my legacy linkshell is awol....

Welp, with the servers all sorts of fucked up, I had to amuse myself in other ways.

"Dear Customer:

This notice is to inform you that an official warning has been placed against the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn service account registered to this e-mail for the following harassment violations on 08-24-2013. Every account action we issue is based on conclusive evidence of a violation and is reviewed for accuracy.

"why is euro trash on the server?"
"play on a jap server, gtfo"
"Kalliste, why are you rubbing people's bellies in chat? join the jap and gtfo"
"do it fgt"
"so, when the devs made this game, did they sit down in a room, and brainstorm about how they could make all the maps as useless as fucking possible?"
"fuck off"
"by playing, do you mean locked in fucking place because you can't enter the instance?"
"no, fuck you"
"fuck off"
"jesus christ, don't you ever fucking shut your mouth?"
"i'm not wearing any pants"
"and have a raging hard on"
"get fucked four eyes"
"only till i get in your pants"
"get back into the kitchen bitch""

Good first day IMO.

Please don't continue to play this game, the community doesn't need any people like you.

Welp, with the servers all sorts of fucked up, I had to amuse myself in other ways.

"Dear Customer:

This notice is to inform you that an official warning has been placed against the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn service account registered to this e-mail for the following harassment violations on 08-24-2013. Every account action we issue is based on conclusive evidence of a violation and is reviewed for accuracy.

"do it fgt"
"so, when the devs made this game, did they sit down in a room, and brainstorm about how they could make all the maps as useless as fucking possible?"
"fuck off"
"by playing, do you mean locked in fucking place because you can't enter the instance?"
"no, fuck you"
"fuck off"
"get fucked four eyes"

Good first day IMO.

Games not even officially launched yet and you already running the risk of being banned lol.

Maybe not get that upset so easily, don't wanna have paid the money for a paperweight do you?

11:28 am, and I can't log in, the error 1017 says that my server is already full, and I don't even get queue. Don't want to see what happens to server at peak time on official launch day. SE is chasing Blizz and EA in terms of "worst game launch".
EDIT: They restricted number of people on EU/NA servers to 50 online, to check how the servers react... and maybe, just maybe they will remove that restrictions "soon".

Last edited:

"Dear Customer:

"do it fgt"
"fuck off"
"no, fuck you"
"fuck off"
"get fucked four eyes"

Good first day IMO.

Well this explains your infatuation with WarZ or whatever it is calling itself now.

Woot - nothing like getting up to 383 fps ....staring at a black screen with the words...Connection to the Server was lost....for the xxxxth time =P

Damn you connection error 90....oh wait..a new number 10102....sweet.

LoL - if this keeps up into Live - I hope they develop a phone app that lets you know when you can actually log back in ; )

Same here. I didn't see a scheduled 3 hour maintenance for this issue today yet, so I was going to report it on the forum. Forum is unreachable. :D

"We are currently experiencing technical difficulties wherein players are unable to log into the North American/European data center Worlds on FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. The issue is being addressed, and new updates will follow as additional information becomes available.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

Tempted to move to Japanese servers, seem they are most stable :)

"We are currently experiencing technical difficulties wherein players are unable to log into the North American/European data center Worlds on FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. The issue is being addressed, and new updates will follow as additional information becomes available.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

Tempted to move to Japanese servers, seem they are most stable :)

where do you see that? i cant even get the forums to refresh

Wonder if the Japanese servers have had a single issue yet....

There are different companies taking care of servers - NA/EU is in different physical location and SE only supervise the company that runs them. Japanese are directly in SE care

Wonder if the Japanese servers have had a single issue yet....

There are different companies taking care of servers - NA/EU is in different physical location and SE only supervise the company that runs them. Japanese are directly in SE care

this ^

my buddy and i have been talking about this all morning. likely to be run by different people.

you also should keep in mind both NA/EU all grouped while little itty japan is grouped alone

I bet shit is hitting the proverbial fan with this other server company. I foresee SE telling a bunch of people tomorrow that they are moving to North America for permanent server duty.

"connection lost"

code 10102

I'm not the most seasoned of MMO gamers but SE really needs to get this mess sorted.

Early access? What early access?

Yep, more like beta stage 5. It frustrates me to no end to see people leveling while I'm stuck @ 14 grinding on the hunting log because I've ran out of quests and can't get the duty finder to work.

I'm pretty much done until next weekend. Maybe it will be sorted by then. Amazing how stuff like this can kill all the good vibes about a game. 48 hours ago we're all excited and happy. Now the good will has faded and is replaced with anger.

And 48 hours is WAY more than enough time to get log in errors and quest errors fixed. This isn't a beta, this is the real game. So I'm done making excuses for them. Launch FAIL.

I'm pretty much done until next weekend. Maybe it will be sorted by then. Amazing how stuff like this can kill all the good vibes about a game. 48 hours ago we're all excited and happy. Now the good will has faded and is replaced with anger.

And 48 hours is WAY more than enough time to get log in errors and quest errors fixed. This isn't a beta, this is the real game. So I'm done making excuses for them. Launch FAIL.

the game has not officially launched yet. its not the 27th.

honestly this is the response we get every MMO launch i feel like people forget, nobody has gotten it right. its pretty hard to prepare for things like this. its all due to traffic and there are way more people playing than they ever expected

honestly this is the response we get every MMO launch i feel like people forget, nobody has gotten it right. its pretty hard to prepare for things like this. its all due to traffic and there are way more people playing than they ever expected

It has launched for people who preordered. And just because everyone fails at launch doesn't mean it's acceptable. And honestly, the stuff we are dealing with doesn't appear to be purely traffic related. I get the impression that there's some serious backend software issues. If it was traffic related we'd get complete server crashes and some serious lag. I haven't had any lag when I was able to play.

I've got a tip for any company launching a game. Imagine the absolute largest amount of traffic you think would be possible. Now double it. Then double that. Now get the servers ready for that amount of players. Profit.

I keep reminding myself of this. Everywhere I go is completely packed with people.

And on the flip side, at least I care that I can't play this game because it is good.

It has launched for people who preordered. And just because everyone fails at launch doesn't mean it's acceptable. And honestly, the stuff we are dealing with doesn't appear to be purely traffic related. I get the impression that there's some serious backend software issues. If it was traffic related we'd get complete server crashes and some serious lag. I haven't had any lag when I was able to play.

I've got a tip for any company launching a game. Imagine the absolute largest amount of traffic you think would be possible. Now double it. Then double that. Now get the servers ready for that amount of players. Profit.

Sadly, I agree.

At the following time, we will be performing emergency maintenance. During this period, the Worlds listed below will be unavailable.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
Aug. 25, 2013 from 15:30 to 17:30 . (GMT)

They listed basically all NA/EU servers

while i agree it is unacceptable that i cant play, i dont agree with what youre saying; atleast without more knowledge of how and what is required for a launch like this especially on the server end. the lack of lag and server crashes is the preventing of new character creation on already full servers.

its likely not a software issue, the issues are non existant on the JP servers. theyve also said out right that the duty finder is broken due to traffic.

*remembers sitting at a login que for an hour+ when Rift launched*

I'm not thrilled but I'm also in no rush. Rather they get stable now than miss something and have to do a rollback later. Rollbacks are the worst thing short of a complete wipe in an MMO imho.

Some MMO's launched better than others, but there's so many factors to take into account, some companies are gonna be luckier than others. Simple fact of it to me.

Well this explains your infatuation with WarZ or whatever it is calling itself now.

As long as he's not in our groups I'm fine.

Also shame that the game is just not what we expected, even if it hasn't been officially released really. Kind of sinks a weekend for some of us.

at least the duty finder worked this morning when I played. Was finally able to heal sastasha and tam ram something lol.

Anyone who is bitching never played wow at launch, or rift, or guild wars 2, or swtor, or....well you get the point.

Back