Fallout Shelter

I got bored with this pretty quickly after hitting around 50 dwellers or so. Basically I would just check it once a day to shift around training dwellers and collect resources. Haven't really done anything with it in a month or so.

It doesn't help that I've had the worst luck with lunchboxes ever...best thing I've gotten out of a dozen or more is like a 12-13 damage plasma rifle I believe.

I got bored with this pretty quickly after hitting around 50 dwellers or so. Basically I would just check it once a day to shift around training dwellers and collect resources. Haven't really done anything with it in a month or so.

It doesn't help that I've had the worst luck with lunchboxes ever...best thing I've gotten out of a dozen or more is like a 12-13 damage plasma rifle I believe.

Yeah I quit playing around that same point. I might go back to it, just because I was playing on a Nexus 5 and now I'm on a bigger screen with a Note 5. I always like starting from scratch.

The main issue is that there's not much motivation to keep playing beyond a certain point unless you are an achievements / completion whore. You get followers with better stats to...power more rooms and send them out scavenging to...find more of the same weapons/outfits you've found before, hoping to get slightly farther each time. The rewards for doing that don't seem to have scaled evenly enough to keep my interest. I imagine this is designed to heavily push microtransactions, but I'm not going there. If the Mr. Handys / Lunchbox items were permanent (i.e. maintained between vault wipes) I would consider it, but if your vault gets fucked up by Deathclaws or something then you just lose all that shit, so there's no point in spending money.

To be honest I used lucky patcher...Finished the game in 4 ours or so, it was fun, but Bethesda milking such legendary series as Fallout...
Business is business but...I just hope they won't add microtransactions anytime soon to fallout 4.

To be honest I used lucky patcher...Finished the game in 4 ours or so, it was fun, but Bethesda milking such legendary series as Fallout...
Business is business but...I just hope they won't add microtransactions anytime soon to fallout 4.
So you had fun by hacking the game? Congrats, I guess?:rolleyes::shifty::sour::asshat:

How, exactly, does creating very solid and free mobile game equate to "milking the series"? o_O

It's not that solid, believe me...And free stuff is...Free, but to really play "solid", you need to invest real money to lunchboxes. I guess that's your answer :)
I'm not a good example, just with Fallout 4 and Fallout shelter, (especially the 4th) I just see, that graphics went up, but gameplay...Downgrade from Fallout 3 GOTY.
As I've said business is business, but Fallout spirit is slowing turning to mainstream, where the money is.

Last edited:
It was a fun game for a bit, but I think I would have rather had a mobile app that integrated with Fallout 4 to allow you to better manage your settlers in the game.

I haven't actually touched Fallout Shelter since whenever it was I last posted here.

It was a fun game for a bit, but I think I would have rather had a mobile app that integrated with Fallout 4 to allow you to better manage your settlers in the game.

I haven't actually touched Fallout Shelter since whenever it was I last posted here.
Yeah, I had stopped playing when I maxed all my dwellers. The PIPBoy app I love and use all the time when I play FO4. There are lots of games that would benefit from this two screen gaming approach and I hope it continues. If they added more features to FOS or made it a paid app with less reliance on FtP mechanics I think they could have made a decent simulation. As it was, it probably met their requirements of earning some minor revenue (compared to FO4) and providing some free advertising for the parent game.

Back