EVGA going downhill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dethred

2[H]4U
Let me preface this with my previous experience with EVGA. When I first switched from XFX to EVGA, I really thought they were great. Had a few problems that weren't specific to EVGA, but their customer service made up for it. No long waits on hold, quick website, and customer service people that would go out of their ways to make things work out. Now a few years later?

I submitted my RMA on 1/4/08 after finding out the machine I built my fiancee for christmas was not working. Turns out it was another EVGA product, but this time an 8600GT. I submitted for a ground EAR on the 4th and its now the end of the month and there is still no card on the way.

I have spent the better part of 2 hours on the phone trying to get this sorted out, and I keep getting "We'll look into it" or, like tonight, "I just handed the issue off to an RMA supervisor".

In my RMA status it says it was shipped on 1/23/08 with upgraded 3-day express shipping, and a now EVGA is saying that my card was showing as having a tracking number from last year??

I am not sure whether or not I want my money back or whether simply buying from XFX or BFG, or an ATi card from now on would be better? I am pretty sure I would have gotten a replacement from either of them by now without the added cost of the advanced RMA. I've already decided to switch to ATi for high end cards when/if they ever take back the crown, but for mid-low end cards I thought I could stick with Nvidia.

Has EVGA's customer service gone down hill that far?

PS: Spare me your "you've complained about EVGA before" garbage.

That seems pretty bad, my brother stepped up his two 8800GTs at the beginning of the year and the process was WAAAY slower than I had experienced in the past. It made me look bad for having told him how quick and responsive EVGA was.

That seems pretty bad, my brother stepped up his two 8800GTs at the beginning of the year and the process was WAAAY slower than I had experienced in the past. It made me look bad for having told him how quick and responsive EVGA was.

Theirs a line with stepups, the retail market takes presidence over them, and the 8800GT was a quick seller.

I think when EVGA screws up in some way, people take it alot harder than if say leadtek screws up, because their is a higher expectation of EVGA. It seems like alot of these EVGA posts are coming up and the problems people are having are being overblown.

On the flip side of that coin, its been almost 4 full weeks since you asked for the RMA, you said the tracking number is marked as the 23rd? Have you gotten your new card, you didn't make mention of that. Usually by the time you see a tracking number in your email, the package is out of EVGAs hands, and is the responsibility of the shipper.

I don't know how EVGA's RMA system works, but did you have to send your card to them or did you do an advanced RMA, advanced ones shouldn't of taken that long (because you usually have to pay out the ass + card value deposit for them). If they have your card, they can look up your RMA number and see if they have received your card, and if they have shipped a new one out, but it may not be more specific than that. w/e I do an RMA I like whenever possible to do it online, because it leaves less confusion between the rep and the customer and its usually more straight forward, but maybe their call support is shoddy on that respect, that they kept passing you off.

Let me ask, why have you "decided" not to go with nvidia for your next high end purchase?
what did nvidia do to loose your purchase? Usually im the other way, ati on the low end, NV on the high end.

Theirs a line with stepups, the retail market takes presidence over them, and the 8800GT was a quick seller.

Thank you for clarifying. I understand how the step-up process works, I've done it three times myself. My brother was stepping up to GTS 512's and the queue was moving at a rate of about 4 per day, and one day he actually went DOWN in the queue by 5? The slow parts, however, were approving the invoice, acknowledging receipt of the old cards, and shipping the new.

He did, however, have much better luck when calling EVGA than the OP seems to have had.

This is a repost of the EVGA forums post he made. He has made no effort to PM me or anything even though i have attempted to offer him my help. Many people here can attest to my ability to help people if they have "fallen through the cracks". All that i have to say is that the OP immediately goes to post the exact same thread regarding EVGA and doesnt even wait til i have tried to find a resolution for him.

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.asp?m=240742&mpage=1&key=&#240773

Ok, so you can fix something that an RMA supervisor, a Customer support supervisor, and 4 Customer service representatives couldn't fix?:rolleyes: Yes I posted it here because I want to hear what others are experiencing.

Ok, so you can fix something that an RMA supervisor, a Customer support supervisor, and 4 Customer service representatives couldn't fix?:rolleyes: Yes I posted it here because I want to hear what others are experiencing.

No but i am in direct contact with all of the managers, supervisors, and am a support tech myself. I am not currently at work, so i cant access your information. But i gladly will devote tomorrow morning to finding a resolution to your case.

No but i am in direct contact with all of the managers, supervisors, and am a support tech myself. I am not currently at work, so i cant access your information. But i willingly will devote tomorrow morning to finding a resolution to your case.
I believe this is [case="Dethred"]closed[/case]. You have a EVGA insider on your case now, things will likely get done quickly.

I think when EVGA screws up in some way, people take it alot harder than if say leadtek screws up, because their is a higher expectation of EVGA. It seems like alot of these EVGA posts are coming up and the problems people are having are being overblown.

That is possible but I am pretty sure I could have gotten an RMA back from XFX or BFG had I sent my card to them with UPS ground and them having sent it back UPS Ground.

On the flip side of that coin, its been almost 4 full weeks since you asked for the RMA, you said the tracking number is marked as the 23rd? Have you gotten your new card, you didn't make mention of that. Usually by the time you see a tracking number in your email, the package is out of EVGAs hands, and is the responsibility of the shipper.

The website showed the package as shipped on the 23rd with 3-day shipping. I called today because I was wondering where my package was, and after a few minutes the representative said he looked up the tracking number and it was one from 2007??? I didn't fully understand but the guy clearly had no idea where my card was. No one at my house has signed for it, and there weren't delivery notifications on my door.

I don't know how EVGA's RMA system works, but did you have to send your card to them or did you do an advanced RMA, advanced ones shouldn't of taken that long (because you usually have to pay out the ass + card value deposit for them). If they have your card, they can look up your RMA number and see if they have received your card, and if they have shipped a new one out, but it may not be more specific than that. w/e I do an RMA I like whenever possible to do it online, because it leaves less confusion between the rep and the customer and its usually more straight forward, but maybe their call support is shoddy on that respect, that they kept passing you off.

I submitted for an advanced RMA, where they send the card then I send the original back in (I think) 14 days. Yeah, I originally called to get some general tech support and make sure I wasn't screwing anything up (I always do this to make sure I'm not sending in good cards). The next day their RMA department opened after the holiday break, and I submitted my EAR, CC info, and invoice. The next day everything seemed to be completed and ready for their end of the deal. 4 weeks later: no card.

This kind of frustration has happened with EVGA before. My first 8800GTS was completely FUBAR'ed out of the box, never played games without massive artifacting. I bought the 2nd-Day EAR and submitted the RMA. After waiting a week they shipped it and when it arrived it looked like they rubbed the plastic heatsink cover on the pavement in their parking lot (literally scratched to hell). I immediately submitted for a NEW card to replace my NEW card. They stated that my EAR was good for (I think) 21 days, so it was still in effect and my card would be shipped out 2nd shipping. A few days later the card is shipped..... GROUND shipping. So nearly 3 weeks after my original RMA was processed I get a working and new 8800GTS that still works fine to this day.

Back to my current situation, after a week and a half of waiting I called EVGA and asked about the RMA status they had no info. I asked for shipping to be expedited since it was taking so long. They denied my request, saying that the card should ship in a few days. Last Monday I called and still no shipment, and they decided to upgrade to 3-day shipping, a huge compensation for the 3 weeks of waiting.

Let me ask, why have you "decided" not to go with nvidia for your next high end purchase?
what did nvidia do to loose your purchase? Usually im the other way, ati on the low end, NV on the high end.

Because I am simply having problems with about 1/3rd of their cards. Usually not huge problems, but I will RMA if there is anything wrong with my $500-$650 GPU. Vista BSODS, XFI driver conflicts, and other smaller reasons have frustrated me to no end. It took 2 RMA's to get a 100% working 8800GTS, and 1 RMA to get a 100% working 8800GTX. I am sick of waiting for working hardware. If ATi can get something to match the performance and price of a high end Nvidia solution I'll be all over it when I am ready to buy a new GPU. I am sure ATi, just like any hardware company, has the same issues, but Nvidia has taken too much of my money for me to not have buyers remorse giving them a substantially larger amount in the future.

No but i am in direct contact with all of the managers, supervisors, and am a support tech myself. I am not currently at work, so i cant access your information. But i gladly will devote tomorrow morning to finding a resolution to your case.

PM sent.

When i RMAed my gts it only took 5 days, shipped my card monday and received the new card friday. but i did that sometime last november when they're not busy yet.

why does so many people fall through the cracks? why does it take an insider and posts in every forum on the internet to get the customer service and a resolution you should have provided a long time ago?

why does so many people fall through the cracks? why does it take an insider and posts in every forum on the internet to get the customer service and a resolution you should have provided a long time ago?

How do you know there are all that many people that fall through the cracks? The only people who post are those with problems. It could be 1% of the people total, could be more, could be less. Mistakes happen, its how the company handles them that makes them great in my mind, and having a rep of some kind monitor forums to keep enthusiasts happy speaks volumes about that company's dedication to the niche enthusiast market.

I have brought this to the attention of the folks over at EVGA that need to see it in order to make this is handled correctly.

That all said, and I have said it SO MANY TIMES BEFORE, if you would reach out to me via email or PM here, I would be more than happy to help anyone if you are having difficulties with anyone that advertises with us. And I can probably help with folks that don't advertise as well...

when i stepped up my 320gts to 512gts it took exactly 1 week sent card on friday got card back on friday. Well i live in cali though and got it shipped back to me within 2 days.

Everyone,

I am sorry that this has happened, if you have an open issue with an RMA please email me your RMAID or RMA Number and brief outline of the issue so I can look into this.

EVGA has very high standards for its RMA and once I have this information I can review why this issue happened and work towards making this better for future RMA's

Thank you
Joe Darwin
[email protected]
714-528-4500 x118

reading a few of these evga posts has got me worried because i recently purchased an EVGA 8800 GTS 512MB specifically for the step up and the great service i had heard about. but seeing that they browse these forums and actually post to try and help out makes me feel a bit better again. hope everything goes well with your issue.

reading a few of these evga posts has got me worried because i recently purchased an EVGA 8800 GTS 512MB specifically for the step up and the great service i had heard about. but seeing that they browse these forums and actually post to try and help out makes me feel a bit better again. hope everything goes well with your issue.

evga is a great company. i wouldnt worry if i were you. it seems everytime a company screws up the whole world ends.imagine if bestbuy made the video cards :rolleyes:

evga is a great company. i wouldnt worry if i were you. it seems everytime a company screws up the whole world ends.imagine if bestbuy made the video cards :rolleyes:

ohhh lawdy lawdy lawd. best buy shouldn't make anything except for gift cards.

I thought the ocz guy from last week was bad, we should have a cry about manufacturers section on the forum.

yea that seems to be the new trend lately..

i think i've seen every company that makes video cards have a post about how

"[Company] is going down hill" because of such and such a reason..

i also love that there are 2 ideas going around

ATI's drivers are bad/ Nvidia's drivers are bad. (depending on who you talk to)..

so with that..

don't buy any graphics card from any company (cause they are all going down hill) and buy Matrox because ATI and NVidia's drivers suck..

EVGA is doing quite well in my opinion. I remember a time when I couldn't get an EVGA card to install Windows on buddies machine, had to swap in another card for the install and pop in the EVGA card later. And that was the third RMA.

They've come a LONG way since that experience, and short of there being a big rebate on another brand, I almost always buy EVGA.

Everyone,

I welcome you to email me directly if you are having an issue with an RMA or if you simply have feedback about an experience with your RMA.

I am here to help make sure that our customers are heard and we can work with them to make sure they have a positive experience with EVGA.

My email is [email protected] and my phone number is 714-528-4500 x118

Thank you and I hope that everyone can understand that from time to time we may miss something and that is my job to make sure we learn from our feedback to correct this.

Joe Darwin
[email protected]

Everyone,

I welcome you to email me directly if you are having an issue with an RMA or if you simply have feedback about an experience with your RMA.

I am here to help make sure that our customers are heard and we can work with them to make sure they have a positive experience with EVGA.

Thank you and I hope that everyone can understand that from time to time we may miss something and that is my job to make sure we learn from our feedback to correct this.

Joe Darwin
[email protected]

you sir have been placed into my contact information. i'm hitting you up first on anything to do with my video card.

Ever notice that no one makes threads when they have a GOOD rma? My EAR took a little longer than expected, but it was due to the holidays, so i can understand that. My stepup was flawless and painless, same as my RMA for my 680i that took a crap. I think it is just that evga has such a high reputation and people tend to make a huge stink rather than going through the proper channels.

Evga is doing very well...They can improve a few things like all vendors can...

1st...Stop using those stupid Stickers that look like crap and are slowly falling off.
(Make a Kick@ss Stainless Plaque type One with the EVGA logo and Card type).

Every card ive seen has the stupid overlay sticker and has been put on somewhat crooked.

2nd...Dont leave fingerprints and paste on overclocked cards..Recieved 3 cards like this!

3rd.. Use decent memory like what was on the Previouse generation 8800's like Samsung

4th.. up the Quality control before the overclocked cards are put in the Box...

P.S. Ive seen many good threads with ,, The new Nvidas rock or They Overclock like mad....Or the have the Highest Score in 3Dmark06...The Best one is (They dont have any Problems,, just run alittle hot:D)

Im still buying Nvidia ,, yes they can inprove things somewhat!

I can't recall if I made a separate thread, but have for sure posted on this..

Back when the 7900GTs were dropping like flies, I e-mailed Joe Darwin...And he replied within about 5 minutes.... AFTER HOURS no less - that's good C/S. Then there was my last RMA I did w/ a 7900, and Jacob_F handed me a x-ship, well after they stopped that program for the GTs - didn't have to but did anyway.

Sorry to hear the OPs issues, and certainly he's not the only one. But remember EVGA is probably one of the bigger NVIDIA partners out there, and sh*t happens. At least w/ EVGA there's multiple sources here alone to contact, plus Kyle, plus their forums, and so on...Better than many companies I've dealt w/ in the past.

ps So Russian, you are actually an EVGA employee now, not just a mod there + approved EVGA rep here? I think I asked that before, just lost track of what thread/when ;).

[edit] Got to agree w/ the sticker guy above (in respect to serial # id's, seems he's talking of the purty cooler cover stickers tho). Even if you clean your case regularly, I've found that the airflow + dust build up over time can fubar the serial stickers.

Everyone,

Joe Darwin
[email protected]

Any manager/representative who puts themselves out like this deserves credit in my book.
This reflects the company as well, as many of you probably know, no one will bust their ass for a company they don't like to work for.

Thank you Joe and Kyle.

last time i dealt with evga cs was about 1 year ago, i needed to rma a 680i board, i used the e.a.r. thing, and exactly 2 days after i requested rma i had a new retail package in my hands with a label for return shipping of my broken board. this guy (op) has an issue with some company's cs every few weeks. check out his former posts. pages of detailed rants because he didnt get somebody's undivided attention immediately, or some driver he wanted wasnt released when he wanted it to be released.

I've never had a problem RMAing anything to eVGA... And I've done approximately 12 RMAs with them so far. XFX have been very good to me as well, but their presence on this board is lacking compared to eVGA IMO.

I can't say the same for BFG, nor MSI, nor VisionTek, nor ECS.

Not answering emails after posting their contact info sure makes them a top notch company.

Posting their emails and contact information, on a FRIDAY Afternoon?

At least give them the common courtesy of a single business day.

I didn't say I emailed them today did I? Because I didn't. But when I had emailed the staff at EVGA numerous times over the course of 3-4 weeks in regards to my step-up, about a third of them only got responses and many people were in the same predicament as I.

Evga is doing very well...They can improve a few things like all vendors can...

1st...Stop using those stupid Stickers that look like crap and are slowly falling off.
(Make a Kick@ss Stainless Plaque type One with the EVGA logo and Card type).

Every card ive seen has the stupid overlay sticker and has been put on somewhat crooked.

2nd...Dont leave fingerprints and paste on overclocked cards..Recieved 3 cards like this!

3rd.. Use decent memory like what was on the Previouse generation 8800's like Samsung

4th.. up the Quality control before the overclocked cards are put in the Box...

P.S. Ive seen many good threads with ,, The new Nvidas rock or They Overclock like mad....Or the have the Highest Score in 3Dmark06...The Best one is (They dont have any Problems,, just run alittle hot:D)

Im still buying Nvidia ,, yes they can improve things somewhat!

1st. all companies have those cheap overlay stickers (unless its some kind of custom design)

2nd. Atleast someone is giving the card the time of day to make sure it works, some companies don't, its called clean the card off yourself.

3rd. why are you telling a company that ONLY sells reference boards on the high end to somehow pull quality memory out of their ass? their not the people to talk too.

4th All their OC cards are tested in a room with an ambient temp of 37-40c and run some ATitool artifact scanner for 10-20 minutes (I saw the evga tour photos), on high end machines.

Some people will NEVER be happy getting more than most companies would want to spend on the customer.

You got reps making runs in here (not an official forum of theirs) on their own time to help some dude with some low end 8600GT which have razor thin profit margins as it is.

All this service makes me want to throw my x1950pro out the window, stomp on it, and get an EVGA 8800GTS.

Brushing it under the rug isn't going to fix anything. :confused:

If offering help to our forum readers is brushing it under the rug to you, well I don't know what to say. And yes, I ask for PMs or emails as I sometimes do not get the opportunity during my workday to stay abreast of the approixmately 5000 to 7000 new posts per day that are made here.

Make note that I will never help you with any issue of yours because I certainly do not want to hide the problem. :rolleyes:

Any manager/representative who puts themselves out like this deserves credit in my book.
This reflects the company as well, as many of you probably know, no one will bust their ass for a company they don't like to work for.

Thank you Joe and Kyle.

You are welcome.

EVGA is busting ass to have some of the best customer service in the video card industry and I can say that I am proud to have them on as an advertiser.

You also have to remember that EVGA has grown to huge proportions, like other companies in the past, and as companies get bigger, they simply have more problems. If 1/10th of 1% is different at 10 customers compared to 100,000 customers. And yes, things get messed up, if they did not, we would not have need for customer service departments.

But listing "EVGA is going downhill" because YOU had a problem and you read about one more is just idiotic. If you are member here and have not reached out to HardOCP to help you get resolution, you simply have not tried all your options to solve your own problems. Hell, now you can just contact Joe yourself, that is all I did...

I am going to lay down a bomb here that may shock some people....

EVGA is run by humans!!! *GASP* I know it is shocking, here we thought they were run by cyborgs who were themselves controlled by skynet. We had all thought that because of this perfect machine like operation that EVGA was immune to making mistakes. Unfortunately all our hopes have now been shattered. The EVGA hive mind is in fact just flesh and blood, and because of this is open to the type of problems that typically plague such an operation. These meat sacks have allowed themselves to make a few mistakes here and there, obviously they are now a crappy company. It doesn't matter that when you go through the proper channels or reach out to the people trying to grab your hand that they will pull you up and help you out, no if there is a mistake made in the first place it is unforgivable. How dare they take the holidays off and then have trouble keeping up with the back log.

UNTIL EVGA INSTALLS SKYNET TO HANDLE THEIR COMPANY THEY ARE DEAD TO ME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back