Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

Since my TV does 4k 3840x2160. I run either 32:9 which is 3840x1080 or 21:9 which is 3840x1600. I created the resolutions in CRU so I keep my hdr. Or you can do it in nvcp. Create the custom resolutions with your refresh rate. Set the scaling in nvcp to GPU and do no scaling.

I came back to this game and finished up the main campaign finally.. then rolled a new season 2 character and am really enjoying the game again.. I gotta say (again) the crafting system is really well implemented - I am having a blast creating my own legendary items rn... and exploring all of the corners of the map.. loads of little nooks and crannies.. and also running 4k res with resolution scaling default and DLSS off ... game performs amazing and looks noticeably better with DLSS off.. It's a really gorgeous game and the audio is pretty fantastic too.. The zoomed in effect doesn't bug me too much.. I like seeing all the details in the world. I really felt like getting lost in a game after two months of end-of-year work craziness and then Thanksgiving with my crazy family.. lol. D4 is working perfectly.

EDIT: I kinda wish the necro minions would not show up in town, when I go into a small room it's like Justin Bieber's dressing room at SNL with his whole entourage in there lol.

Last edited:
https://www.vg247.com/diablo-4-100-usd-dlc-survey-report

According to a leaked survery shared by Bellular News on YouTube (via Try Hard Guides), Blizzard has been asking some players a lot of questions about monetisation when it comes to future Diablo 4 DLC and expansions - though without naming Vessel of Hatred specifically.

The survey has multiple questions about different potential price points for the DLC, and what each price would include to justify it. $50, $70, $80, $100 are the four different price tiers listed, with each offering more and more incentives. All four get you access to the expansion, but it's the the other bonuses that are worth getting into.

https://www.vg247.com/diablo-4-100-usd-dlc-survey-report

According to a leaked survery shared by Bellular News on YouTube (via Try Hard Guides), Blizzard has been asking some players a lot of questions about monetisation when it comes to future Diablo 4 DLC and expansions - though without naming Vessel of Hatred specifically.

The survey has multiple questions about different potential price points for the DLC, and what each price would include to justify it. $50, $70, $80, $100 are the four different price tiers listed, with each offering more and more incentives. All four get you access to the expansion, but it's the the other bonuses that are worth getting into.
Yeah, that leaked survey is bad. I can confidently say that if anything from that survey makes its way into production (paid unique exclusives, paid mobile storage, paid pet that picks up gold/items) I won't be participating. I definitely didn't purchase this season's "battle pass".

I don't understand why people are surprised about this survey. It was obvious that this was the very least they would do from day 1 (even before), even if they claimed to say otherwise.

Yeah, that leaked survey is bad. I can confidently say that if anything from that survey makes its way into production (paid unique exclusives, paid mobile storage, paid pet that picks up gold/items) I won't be participating. I definitely didn't purchase this season's "battle pass".
That is the kind of monetization you do when your game is free to play. In fact, it mirrors almost exactly what GGG does with Path of Exile.

That is the kind of monetization you do when your game is free to play. In fact, it mirrors almost exactly what GGG does with Path of Exile.
My thoughts exactly. Maybe these monetization ideas are meant for *much* farther down the development cycle? Like, 5 years and a switch to a FTP model?

I sure as shit am not paying $70 for a fucking expansion though o_O

My thoughts exactly. Maybe these monetization ideas are meant for *much* farther down the development cycle? Like, 5 years and a switch to a FTP model?

I sure as shit am not paying $70 for a fucking expansion though o_O
Hell to the no.. I already paid 79.99 for early access.. I am not spending another dime on this game. The monetization bits don't bother me that much tbh at their current level.. After spending 3000 hours in apex i'm pretty numb to that now... I am not gonna spend any additional $$ there, that's for damn sure. I just scoop up any earned rewards and move on. I mean hopefully they don't crank that up to obnoxious levels but by that time I will have long since stopped playing D4..

Blizzard would have to be completely out of their minds if they implemented that type of monetization to this game so early on. I'd understand after a few years the game goes free to play then they can pivot over to a POE model.

Dev Campfire was yesterday. Sounds like Season 4 is when they will be doing "massive" itemization changes. Streamers were given early access (barf) and they sounded pretty positive about them, for what it's worth.

Every time I hear that streamers are happy about something, I prepare for the worst.
I'll be honest. I don't trust streamers one bit. In Diablo 3, every season was "This is the greatest thing ever!" Even in Diablo 4, the same thing happened.

(And also, there's the selfish side of me, in that multiple things I've found in Diablo 3 were reported later by streamers, with them getting credit for my work. And I doubt that's different in Diablo 4. People talk about how they're theory crafters, but almost everything is found by some no name, and that info trickles down to the streamers, who just report the work that others did as their own).

I played this game from the day it came out June 5 or 6 ? Until July 25th and I never touched it again after 225 hours. It was fun while it lasted and I was laid up at the house with a herniated disc. Probably never touch it again !

I guess something happened?

https://www.pcgamer.com/oops-blizza...me-day-its-brutally-hard-new-dungeon-releases

A nasty bug has caused everyone's Glyphs to drop a level, punishing anyone who left their Glyphs at level 15 (me and many others) the hardest. Those who had maxed out their glyphs to level 21 won't feel as big of an impact, but they will still be sub-optimal going into what Blizzard has specifically designed to be the most brutal activity in the game.

Yeah, it's been buggy. But the released a patch on the PC to fix it, though the patch doesn't apply to the console. On the other hand, the new glyph got nerfed from 0.1 damage per ugprade to 0.02 damage per upgrade.

I got to level 6 AoZ and then just gave up. I wear a max defense build, and barely anything was touching me, until the 1 shots that no amount of defense will guard against. And I just ran out of sigil powder, so I don't care anymore.

Screenshot_20231213-230117.png

Someone said they have 9k people in the credits who worked on the game so asking 100.00 for the dlc doesn't surprise me. The dlc might as well overhaul the entire game for that price.
I won't buy it was thinking of picking up the Steam version but don't want to grind again. Plus this game gives me cloudy vision on my OLED due to graphics.

A Chinese player beat T25 of the AoZ today. But like all 20+ runs, it involves using exploits. Not only do they play for more hours than most people can play, but all the streamers and pro players are basically exploiting their way to the top, so I don't see how this is going to be any different with Season 3. I'm just losing any will to continue playing this game. (I'm struggling just to try to farm the cosmetics from the winter event.)

There are themed monsters out in the snowy areas, t6hey drop stuff. And you start the whole thing by talking to the bard in the biggest town (He's got a purple icon on the world map).

Unlike D3, I'm struggling to find any interest in restarting over and over each season. I enjoy the game casually still but the thought of spending hours and hours grinding the levels out time and time again just isn't appealing to me at this point. I feel if there was a way to power level a bit more like D3 it wouldn't be as bad since in many ways the game doesn't start until you get to end game.

I think I'm going to start a melee character I hate my Socerer just way too overpowering and squishy either going to do a Druid or Barb.
Unless Blizzard makes a Paladin or something. Not really a fan of the Barbarian specials so I might do a Druid due to the size of the charater.
I do like teh Barbarian special with the 3 ghost knights taking along.

I think I'm going to start a melee character I hate my Socerer just way too overpowering and squishy either going to do a Druid or Barb.
Unless Blizzard makes a Paladin or something. Not really a fan of the Barbarian specials so I might do a Druid due to the size of the charater.
I do like teh Barbarian special with the 3 ghost knights taking along.

What does the Barb class do?

I had errors starting the game until I reinstalled the latest Nvidia driver was getting Duablo 4 vulkin and nvcuda were missing 5 times over . Suprised the install is 90 gigs.

My mount transfered over to my Druid.

This is just a demonstration of why I'm losing all patience with the game.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9HfxEQtlkQ

The first few seconds demonstrate just poison damage from a normal elite. I'm surviving just fine. The second part are the blood seekers at the end. I barely touch a ground effect and I'm dead.

Blizzard claimed to nerf the damage, but the damage they nerfed was part that I was surviving through just fine regardless. They still don't understand what imbalance is. I shouldn't have to use some cheap immortal injured build just to progress.

Maybe it's a co op type of boss
No. In the dungeon, if one of your teammates dies once, everyone fails. The whole AoZ is full of one shots, regardless of how powerful your character is. The two classes which are progressing with any real progress are barbs & sorcs, because they can use exploity builds which make them immortal and allow them to go full out offense otherwise, but I'm choosing not to do that. Maybe I should... But I think that's stupid game play.

I am back to D4, give it another shot, I created a Druid this time, only level 16 right now, do I want to the Shred or Pulverize talents for leveling?

My main attack spell is Claw and then I have the Poison Creeper talent too which is killer.

Update;

I'm level 20 on my Druid, and went with Pulverize and the Poison combo talent, and together those two combined just wreck mobs.

Think I've asked this already, but for a monitor which type gets you actual more game world to see? A 4k 16:9 display like a LG C2 42"? Or a 21:9 Ultrawide like the popular 3440 X 1440 res?

I have a 48in LG C2 and I get black bars on top and on bottom when enabling 21:9 or 32:9. You need a widescreen monitor to not have black bars. But honestly on my C2, running D2 in 32:9 does not bother me.

Also blizzard can f*ck right off if they think they are getting anymore money from me after paying 100 bucks for D4. Is that some sort of joke? The game is not worth 70$ as it is right now. IMO.

Last edited:
Think I've asked this already, but for a monitor which type gets you actual more game world to see? A 4k 16:9 display like a LG C2 42"? Or a 21:9 Ultrawide like the popular 3440 X 1440 res?
Diablo IV supports 21:9 resolutions like 3440x1440 out of the box. It does not support 32:9. The screen will be pillarboxed beyond "3:1" aspect ratios. You get to see more of the game world horizontally compared to 16:9.

Diablo4 supports a bigger aspect ratio than 21x9. It actually supports 27 by 9 and will stretch almost to that if you enable the resolution to 32x9 which is 3840 by 1080.

Back