Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

That's... insane.
Did they change the end-game to compensate? What happens when you reach 100?

They did, you have now a choice between different end game bosses, but Duriel is now the ultimate farm. Echo of Lilith is there just to annoy people I think, and give hardcore players something to be happy about accomplishing (unless they cheese the boss with broken builds).
It is not perfect though as Duriel is locked between Helltides (which are a lot better now compared than before, but pale in comparison to Blood Harvest which is a ton of fun) and the chests don't drop a lot of items to summon Grigoire. So it's quite a bit of work to get to summon Duriel.
Also, I complained about it in pre-season and still feel that the lack of Tier 5 world for players 90+ is hurting the game progression. Many get to Tier 4 around lvl 55, even though it's meant for 70+, which leaves a huge gap up until lvl 100.
By level 70 you go through mobs like they are nothing. At level 95 my hydras are doing so much damage they are literally wiping entire groups instantly.

Here's a good image that shows the change and options you have for end game (the new stuff is colored):

1125538.jpg

Last edited:
Blizzard is having a 44% off sale right now; $40/50/57 right now. Probably worth it for single player (imho/ymmv).

It's a year away at least and these expansions have a tendency to bring numerous fixes and changes with them.

It's like you all slept through D2 and D3.
I played D2 for over 6 years and D3 Beta on off and on to present. D3 of course has tracking of hours. I have coservatively 6000 hours. Unfortunately deleted chars don’t track hours which was more or less necessary from excessive seasonal play.

But what you’re describing is the problem. Diablo is on its 4 iteration and you’re telling me that I have to wait 2 years past launch and pay more money for an expansion in order to get a game worth playing. I learned that lesson with D3. Apparently Blizzard did not.

It's a year away at least and these expansions have a tendency to bring numerous fixes and changes with them.

It's like you all slept through D2 and D3.
ROS was announced almost a year and a half after D3's release, D4 has been out less than 6 months.
Anyway I assume they announced it now because it will release before the next Blizzcon so this was their best opportunity.

I played D2 for over 6 years and D3 Beta on off and on to present. D3 of course has tracking of hours. I have coservatively 6000 hours. Unfortunately deleted chars don’t track hours which was more or less necessary from excessive seasonal play.

But what you’re describing is the problem. Diablo is on its 4 iteration and you’re telling me that I have to wait 2 years past launch and pay more money for an expansion in order to get a game worth playing. I learned that lesson with D3. Apparently Blizzard did not.
So now you're complaining about getting new content in a reasonable amount of time? :rolleyes:
Why don't you just stop playing it if you hate it that much? You can only criticize something for so long before it just turns into repetitive whining over self caused misery. I think it's time to move on.

So now you're complaining about getting new content in a reasonable amount of time? :rolleyes:
Uh, no. Firstly new content into a Diablo game comes from things like seasons. It should be fairly obvious that you don't become a high hour player like me because an expansion "ads content". D2 and D3 both had precisely one expansion. Neither of which were the reason in-and-of-itself to play anywhere near the playtime I did or any serious player of Diablo games. Both D2/D3 have had active player bases for 10+ years.
Why don't you just stop playing it if you hate it that much? You can only criticize something for so long before it just turns into repetitive whining over self caused misery.
I don't think you're capable of reading comprehension. I didn't buy this flaming pile because I saw the writing on the wall. D3 had similar launch problems due to Blizzard's (specifically managements) hubris. I'm not going to buy a game that isn't worth playing. Blizzard does not deserve my money.
I think it's time to move on.
The deal here is that the player counts for D4 are in the toilet. D3 has more streams active on Twitch than D4 does. The player base after S1, was decimated. Not that "you are Blizzard", but frankly there are more people with a problem with this game than not. Tons of people spent $60 in the hope that they were going to get an actual Diablo game, and they didn't. If you can't stand other people pointing that out then you can move on.

So just because you don't take issue, doesn't mean that Blizzard doesn't have a lot to address. And frankly saying "I should move on" from criticizing Blizzard that delivered a broken product and essentially stole everyone's money is a disservice to all the fans of this franchise. If you want to lick Acti-Blizz's boots, go right ahead.

Uh, no. Firstly new content into a Diablo game comes from things like seasons. It should be fairly obvious that you don't become a high hour player like me because an expansion "ads content". D2 and D3 both had precisely one expansion. Neither of which were the reason in-and-of-itself to play anywhere near the playtime I did or any serious player of Diablo games. Both D2/D3 have had active player bases for 10+ years.
New content also comes from expansions, which is what this discussion is about and what you're crying about. If I wanted to discuss content introduced via seasons I would have brought that up but again, you're crying about an expansion to a game you don't even own.

I don't think you're capable of reading comprehension. I didn't buy this flaming pile because I saw the writing on the wall. D3 had similar launch problems due to Blizzard's (specifically managements) hubris. I'm not going to buy a game that isn't worth playing. Blizzard does not deserve my money.
So you're a grown man throwing a tantrum over a game you don't even own and haven't played? You must be real fun to hang out with.
The deal here is that the player counts for D4 are in the toilet. D3 has more streams active on Twitch than D4 does. The player base after S1, was decimated. Not that "you are Blizzard", but frankly there are more people with a problem with this game than not. Tons of people spent $60 in the hope that they were going to get an actual Diablo game, and they didn't. If you can't stand other people pointing that out then you can move on.

So just because you don't take issue, doesn't mean that Blizzard doesn't have a lot to address. And frankly saying "I should move on" from criticizing Blizzard that delivered a broken product and essentially stole everyone's money is a disservice to all the fans of this franchise. If you want to lick Acti-Blizz's boots, go right ahead.
I guess I just don't give a shit about Twitch streamers or their opinions. I generally don't depend on other people to tell me how to think and what is cool to like or the new thing to hate. I find twitch to be entirely irrelevant in regards to what I play and like or don't like. You can point to your angry little gaming community all day long, it means nothing to most.

I think it's cute that the game has sold over 10 million copies yet you believe you can say with any authority at all that more people have a problem with it than don't. It's unlikely that enough people even care about it enough to be solidly in one camp or another. Most people have more important or better things to do than to infatuate over D4.

Not once did I say I don't have any issues with the game, I just don't feel the need to cry about it on the internet every 10 minutes and bitch about every little announcement Blizzard makes. Again, you don't like the game, you don't own the game, you don't play the game yet you're infatuated with it. Seriously, for all our sakes, move on already, it's time to find another game to stalk.

New content also comes from expansions, which is what this discussion is about and what you're crying about. If I wanted to discuss content introduced via seasons I would have brought that up but again, you're crying about an expansion to a game you don't even own.

So you're a grown man throwing a tantrum over a game you don't even own and haven't played? You must be real fun to hang out with.

I guess I just don't give a shit about Twitch streamers or their opinions. I generally don't depend on other people to tell me how to think and what is cool to like or the new thing to hate. I find twitch to be entirely irrelevant in regards to what I play and like or don't like. You can point to your angry little gaming community all day long, it means nothing to most.

I think it's cute that the game has sold over 10 million copies yet you believe you can say with any authority at all that more people have a problem with it than don't. It's unlikely that enough people even care about it enough to be solidly in one camp or another. Most people have more important or better things to do than to infatuate over D4.

Not once did I say I don't have any issues with the game, I just don't feel the need to cry about it on the internet every 10 minutes and bitch about every little announcement Blizzard makes. Again, you don't like the game, you don't own the game, you don't play the game yet you're infatuated with it. Seriously, for all our sakes, move on already, it's time to find another game to stalk.
Buddy, you're the one infatuated with everything Blizzard is doing, which is why you're eating their garbage even though they've shipped a broken game with no end game. Something that you expect everyone else to accept, and frankly they haven't. Which is why player counts are low, streamer counts are low, and even discussions like this thread are low.

Anyway, I'm moving on and blocking you. And you can continue to not address points and get upset about anyone criticizing something that should be criticized. And you can either choose to block me back to not see my posts and get over yourself, or complain into the void. Frankly if you didn't like what I was saying in the first place, you should've just blocked me then and there, rather than cried about it, added ad hominen attacks, and then still continued to not even address the point.

Either way, you're not adding anything to the conversation nor are you even remotely worth the time.

The viewership flipped back to D4 at the start of Season 2.
All the streamers who made dramatic videos about D4 being dead during season 1 are back to making D4 content again lol.

"I'm quitting D4 because it sucks maybe it will be good some day."
2 weeks later
"Welcome back to D4, watch me grind every class to 100 again."

The viewership flipped back to D4 at the start of Season 2.
All the streamers who made dramatic videos about D4 being dead during season 1 are back to making D4 content again lol.

"I'm quitting D4 because it sucks maybe it will be good some day."
2 weeks later
"Welcome back to D4, watch me grind every class to 100 again."
Credit where credit is due, Blizzard made a lot of changes to D4. But I still wouldn't consider it to be in a playable state. If you're a Diablo streamer you are at the whims of what people want to see. I imagine players like Rhykker are stuck. What else are you going to play if that's your base?

Hyperbole, but was true not even that long ago.

View: https://i.imgur.com/ExDCkHQ.jpg

Context is missing. What day was this taken? Season 29 in Diablo III started on September 15. Season 1 in Diablo IV had been going for 2 months at that point. People are going to be more interested in new content for live service games, and season 1 was stale when season 29 started.

Buddy, you're the one infatuated with everything Blizzard is doing, which is why you're eating their garbage even though they've shipped a broken game with no end game. Something that you expect everyone else to accept, and frankly they haven't. Which is why player counts are low, streamer counts are low, and even discussions like this thread are low.

Anyway, I'm moving on and blocking you. And you can continue to not address points and get upset about anyone criticizing something that should be criticized. And you can either choose to block me back to not see my posts and get over yourself, or complain into the void. Frankly if you didn't like what I was saying in the first place, you should've just blocked me then and there, rather than cried about it, added ad hominen attacks, and then still continued to not even address the point.

Either way, you're not adding anything to the conversation nor are you even remotely worth the time.
I'm not a little bitch so I don't block people.

I hate to say it since I am technically the [H] Diablo 4 clan leader, but until they completely revamp the itemization, I don't think any amount of tweaking will bring me back in anytime soon.
Couldn't agree more. This is the only really big issue I have with the game at the moment. I feel the Item stats need to be more broad instead of only effecting enemies in a specific state. Like, I'd rather have 4% increase to critical chance than 6% or 8% chance to critical hit dazed enemies only. Initially, the critical hit boost (if any) should come more from the status of the enemy than from my equipment unless I choose to hone said equipment for that situation. They could have added another layer of customization for that stuff. That would give people sockets, generalized enchantments, class specific enchantments and then build specific honing which focuses the bonus and gives it a boost. This way most equipment is usable by everyone and then we can determine how to fine tune it.

Oh yeah, I'm playing through the story, is there any reason to join a clan at all?

I'm quitting D4 = views.
Season 2 starts in a couple weeks let's see how it turns out = not views.
For YouTube, kinda yes. But that doesn't change Twitch viewership much.
If you're a Diablo/Blizzard game streamer (or even YouTuber), it's not as though you have a ton of options to play. Have to play something. It's either D4 or move to a different aRPG and that's more risky to your bottom line than just playing a bad game.

Context is missing. What day was this taken? Season 29 in Diablo III started on September 15. Season 1 in Diablo IV had been going for 2 months at that point. People are going to be more interested in new content for live service games, and season 1 was stale when season 29 started.
Only context that is missing is that S1 tanked and people went back to D3 - because it was bad. I would say everything else is an excuse.

I hate to say it since I am technically the [H] Diablo 4 clan leader, but until they completely revamp the itemization, I don't think any amount of tweaking will bring me back in anytime soon.
Basically. That and actually having an end game.

As far as D4 sales or low interest a mere 5 months after launch... 10 million sales and Blizzard last week was offering me a "personal" deal of D4 at $39 base game, up to $56 or so for the ultimate edition. At launch the base game was $70.

My Diablo IV dislike, is maybe It's just not the type of game I thought anymore.

I played the first two Diablo's back in the day and loved them. But now D4 feels so generic, just walk around and whack away at monsters killing them, get some average loot, and maybe something cool, and rinse and repeat that for thousands of times, over and over and over. It gets old and repetitive real fast. Like there's nothing to really do, except walk and whack at monsters.

Multiplayer? Seems empty to me, I rarely see players in the game, and when I do they just walk by me, no interaction. This game need a a Group finder like in WoW to team up together for dungeons or more open world bosses to team up with, maybe there are, i just never see it. Overall it's a big snooze fest, zzz. I see no attraction to this game whatsoever. and I used to LOVE Diablo, but now it feels so boring and lame and extremely repetitive.

Like what's the point in the game, what's the goal? To level up and kill tougher monsters? Ok...that type of game play gets old quick.

Yeah, I'm enjoying going through the story but I feel many others have expanded the genre enough that D4 just feels like a blend of other games on many levels. Still, plays well enough and I'm liking the Lilith chase so far.

Diablo IV just seems so pointless in it's gameplay, just wander around from forest environment, to sandy areas, to winter mountains, and whacking away at meaningless monsters and level up and get some gear upgrades, but it's all so repetitive, just the same over and over and over. Like I feel lost on what to really do or where to go, except just aimlessly wandering around killing random nobodies.

At least in WoW I feel like I progress my character, or have goals to reach. But Diablo IV just seems so generic and boring with no point. I stopped my main character at level 40 I got so friggin board, and have a few alts in the level 20+ range, and I just can't play the game anymore, because it's the same snoozefest zzz

Diablo 2 and 3 nailed it with playing with groups, imo. You're spot on that Diablo 4 is basically just single player.
Yeah alone in a crowd is how it feels to me.. but I like the game.. it gets a bit grindy but I am looking to hop back into it soon..

I really just don't understand the Diablo 4 community. One of the streamers came out with a video stating that the upcoming Abattoir of Zir should not be able to be beaten by even the best builds. OK, that's fine. Then a bunch of people say good, it's terrible how they nerfed the game to the ground already.

In my opinion, if you have a job or a family, you should still be able to beat any content in the game, which is sacrilege to them. Most of us can't play Diablo 20 hours a day, every day. To me, if that's what is required to play the end game, then it's Blizzard's fault for pushing an unhealthy lifestyle, and they need to have some moral awakening. Like, if you're playing that much per day, perhaps you need to reevaluate your life, rather than whining about people who don't live Diablo. With that much devotion to playing a game, no content should be difficult.

I really just don't understand the Diablo 4 community. One of the streamers came out with a video stating that the upcoming Abattoir of Zir should not be able to be beaten by even the best builds. OK, that's fine. Then a bunch of people say good, it's terrible how they nerfed the game to the ground already.

In my opinion, if you have a job or a family, you should still be able to beat any content in the game, which is sacrilege to them. Most of us can't play Diablo 20 hours a day, every day. To me, if that's what is required to play the end game, then it's Blizzard's fault for pushing an unhealthy lifestyle, and they need to have some moral awakening. Like, if you're playing that much per day, perhaps you need to reevaluate your life, rather than whining about people who don't live Diablo. With that much devotion to playing a game, no content should be difficult.
This is why I have as many hours as I do in Last Epoch.

PoE is my main ARPG, but when I'm to the wall with life, Last Epoch is great. I call it Path of Exile: Lite. Has a great crafting setup, the builds are all different, and the echo system isn't half bad. You can choose how far you want to get into it.

This is why I have as many hours as I do in Last Epoch.

PoE is my main ARPG, but when I'm to the wall with life, Last Epoch is great. I call it Path of Exile: Lite. Has a great crafting setup, the builds are all different, and the echo system isn't half bad. You can choose how far you want to get into it.

I own Last Epoch but for some reason keep telling myself to "hold out" for the 1.0 release in Feb....

I guess SP/offline is in a good enough place right Now that I should give it a whirl??

I guess SP/offline is in a good enough place right Now that I should give it a whirl??
Its really not bad. The crafting is great. You're always crafting. You make a chest piece, within ten minutes you have enough mats to make another chest piece. Bricked it? No problem, you can make another better one in about ten minutes. End game, ya, it gets a little more RNG with legendaries and stuff.

Its stupid easy to rebuild your character. You have access to all skills in a way, but if you reset them, you need to relevel them. So there's always the game play of messing with a build, going back to try something new, and releveling it.

Its not bad. Its not crazy involved. There's always improvements you can work on casually. I really like the crafting aspect of it. In a two hour session doing the end game stuff, I'd craft like fifteen different items and five are upgrades.

Do you guys run the game in 16:9, 21:9 or 32:9? 32:9 zooms the game out far and looks the best to me. On my LG C2 48in I run it at 3840x1080 for 32:9. I think the game only goes as far as 27:9 but still looks better than the zoomed up 16:9 AR.

Do you guys run the game in 16:9, 21:9 or 32:9? 32:9 zooms the game out far and looks the best to me. On my LG C2 48in I run it at 3840x1080 for 32:9. I think the game only goes as far as 27:9 but still looks better than the zoomed up 16:9 AR.
I haven't even thought about doing that, I'm going to try it next time I play.

3840x1600 is likely the sweet spot but I couldn't fit a 38" monitor. Went from 2560x1440 to 3440x1440 and it looks much closer to how it should but there's still nowhere near enough vertical space to engage ranged enemies above/below you (that doesn't stop them, of course)

It blows my fucking mind that 4k sees exactly the same amount of the game as 1080p.

3840x1600 is likely the sweet spot but I couldn't fit a 38" monitor. Went from 2560x1440 to 3440x1440 and it looks much closer to how it should but there's still nowhere near enough vertical space to engage ranged enemies above/below you (that doesn't stop them, of course)

It blows my fucking mind that 4k sees exactly the same amount of the game as 1080p.

Is that true? 1080[ and 4l seeing the same visible in game area? because of 16:9 aspect ratio? Where as Ultrawide does 21:9 or more depending on the resolution. I really liked the 38" monitor size, but there's no OLED versions, so I went 34" with the AW3423DW, and holy cow OLED is pure bliss could never go back to non OLED

Multiplayer? Seems empty to me, I rarely see players in the game, and when I do they just walk by me, no interaction. This game need a a Group finder like in WoW to team up together for dungeons or more open world bosses to team up with, maybe there are, i just never see it. Overall it's a big snooze fest, zzz. I see no attraction to this game whatsoever. and I used to LOVE Diablo, but now it feels so boring and lame and extremely repetitive.

Like what's the point in the game, what's the goal? To level up and kill tougher monsters? Ok...that type of game play gets old quick.

Times change and so do you. Things you wouldn't dare ask about Diablo when you were younger you do now. On top of that, its a different generation of people playing this. They just do not play well with others.

Finally, Diablo 4 has less of a soul than the others.

Back