Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

Maybe hold off on the Sorc until the next big patch (Aug 8th). It's in a pretty bad place right now, and it's getting buffed along with the Barb.

I feel plenty powerful as a sorcerer. Soloed capstone at lvl 41 and jumped into T10+ NM dungeons pretty fast. Lvl 51 atm.
Not even my rogue last season was that powerful.
But I understand what he means. I drop 2 Hydras and Blizzard and I'm out of mana. It sucks.

Yeah, I've been reading the notes on reddit. It isn't that though. The whole item chase just isn't interesting to me. What made D2/D2R and to an extent D3 so fun was the abundance of uniques that did something special. They might be trash items, but at least they did something different than a normal drop.

I'm just not a fan of endlessly rerolling legendaries and being able to randomly slot in an entirely new ability. It makes every single legendary essentially a blank slate to make your own item. One of my co-workers absolutely loves it, so I get that people like it though.
That's a core problem with the game. Legendaries mean nothing. You see a Legendary drop in Diablo 2 or 3, and you're excited to some degree. In 4, it's all about the yellows. Yellows have just as many stats, roll the same stats, etc. that you create your final set of gear, and there's no reason to be excited about seeing that star on the map. Plus, there are just too many of them, especially when you're also rewarded with them in nightmare dungeons.

Diablo 4 is fun for the first 40 levels or so, but Blizzard really didn't think about what comes after that.

...and there's no reason to be excited about seeing that star on the map.
This isn't entirely true. Aspect rolls are definitely a thing, and finding one with a good roll can be a nice shot of dopamine.

If anything, Unique's are dog water. You can't reroll any affixes, extract any aspects, and for the most part a rare/legendary trumps them every time.

I feel plenty powerful as a sorcerer. Soloed capstone at lvl 41 and jumped into T10+ NM dungeons pretty fast. Lvl 51 atm.
Not even my rogue last season was that powerful.
But I understand what he means. I drop 2 Hydras and Blizzard and I'm out of mana. It sucks.
I wouldn't recommend sorc to any *new* Diablo 4 player right now. :LOL:

I was bored last night and finally got around to rolling my Whirlwind Bard using a controller....

Controls via a pad for melee seem totally fine etc.

BUT, after just under 1 hour of play-time, I had my first "Server Disconnect" error, evar.

So I was like F-this and called it a night :(

https://www.ign.com/articles/potent...transfer-eternal-characters-to-seasonal-realm

A newly-surfaced Diablo 4 glitch lets players transfer their Eternal Realm characters into the Seasonal Realm, sparking concern about the potential of a Blizzard ban.

YouTuber Glitch Unlimited posted a video breaking down this inter-realm travel and what it enables. In summary, to exploit the glitch you need to be in a group with a friend in the Seasonal Realm, briefly disconnect your internet, then log back into the Seasonal Realm with your Eternal character.

https://www.ign.com/articles/potent...transfer-eternal-characters-to-seasonal-realm

A newly-surfaced Diablo 4 glitch lets players transfer their Eternal Realm characters into the Seasonal Realm, sparking concern about the potential of a Blizzard ban.

YouTuber Glitch Unlimited posted a video breaking down this inter-realm travel and what it enables. In summary, to exploit the glitch you need to be in a group with a friend in the Seasonal Realm, briefly disconnect your internet, then log back into the Seasonal Realm with your Eternal character.
You only need to be concerned about a ban if you actually exploit the glitch. They're acting like people won't be able to avoid it. If you see "Seasonal Realm" on the character select screen for a character that should be in "Eternal Realm," why would you think that it would be okay to log in with that character at that point?

I gotta be honest....as soon as POE 2 comes out this game is dead. Its just...so boring and unrewarding trying to grind out gear. No nightmare glyphs are even dropping for me anymore, its just kinda a joke.

I gotta be honest....as soon as POE 2 comes out this game is dead.
That's, what, more than a year away for closed beta? My hope is that there will be far more content added to the game by the time POE 2 releases, but who knows.

Yeah, GGG had a golden opportunity here to clean house after D4 flopped, but I don’t think the window is going to last 18 months.

I'm only lvl 21 on my season character (I think I'm lvl 65 on my other eternal toon). I skipped the campaign this round and I guess that was a mistake. I log in and it feels like there's nothing to do. Not interested in side quests and for some reason I don't have my way points. The dungeons are too far to ride to and I'm feeling kinda meh...

I'm only lvl 21 on my season character (I think I'm lvl 65 on my other eternal toon). I skipped the campaign this round and I guess that was a mistake. I log in and it feels like there's nothing to do. Not interested in side quests and for some reason I don't have my way points. The dungeons are too far to ride to and I'm feeling kinda meh...
Yeah I didn’t skip the campaign for my seasonal character just so I would have something to do. Still feeling kinda meh.

Could Blizzard please finally fix the Lilith fight before they work on buffing the bosses with twice the health and other stuff?

If you're too powerful to do more than 1 bar of damage before she spawns enemies, but not powerful enough to kill her by the time she jumps, she becomes immortal. This covers such a large amount of dps with characters, that you either have to cheese it, or spend 15 minutes in a fight.

I demonstrate 134 million dps as well as 14 million. If they were equal, 134 million should be more than half her health, but because of the bug, she ends up with permanently 1 hp that you can never take away.

I gotta be honest....as soon as POE 2 comes out this game is dead. Its just...so boring and unrewarding trying to grind out gear. No nightmare glyphs are even dropping for me anymore, its just kinda a joke.
Path of Exile 2 is still really far off. The closed beta doesn't even start until next summer. Maybe it will have a full release in the fall.

Path of Exile 2 is still really far off. The closed beta doesn't even start until next summer. Maybe it will have a full release in the fall.
That's going to be the first time in awhile that I've taken time of of work to game. I'm so stoked for it. New league in a couple weeks. Need to figure out a build.

Diablo 3 was in a much worse state at launch and they fixed that game up pretty good.
D4 could be something special in idk 3 or 4 years.

Anyone currently using controller on PC to play? After a couple hours of mouse and keyboard my hands hurt. I'm going to try controller just to see if it would help. I've got a 8bitdo Ultimate sitting in the wings. I'm playing Sorceress on my seasonal character and I've heard that controller with that class is not accurate with the targeting. Just wanting to hear feedback from those that use controller on pc.

Anyone currently using controller on PC to play? After a couple hours of mouse and keyboard my hands hurt. I'm going to try controller just to see if it would help. I've got a 8bitdo Ultimate sitting in the wings. I'm playing Sorceress on my seasonal character and I've heard that controller with that class is not accurate with the targeting. Just wanting to hear feedback from those that use controller on pc.
I've been playing with controller exclusively. Playing ice shard sorc wasn't a problem at all, but targeting won't be as precise. Your horse will run slower, but they're patching that on the 8th.

Give it a shot. I was playing PoE for years hoping for this level of controller support. It can definitely be better, though.

I watched this video of a youtuber who said Diablo 4 is dead. So, it must be true! Sure some people never played it, but now they think its dead.

Long live influencers

Yeah I wouldn't say D4 is dead. Definitely not GOTY material, but hardly dead.

We'll see how they manage with future patches and hopefully don't make the gameplay worse.

I watched this video of a youtuber who said Diablo 4 is dead. So, it must be true! Sure some people never played it, but now they think its dead.

Long live influencers
My own opinion based no the fact the game pretty much has zero depth even with the season stuff once you hit the 60's and WT4.

I want set items. That provided some angle to play more, hoping to fill out a killer set.

My own opinion based no the fact the game pretty much has zero depth even with the season stuff once you hit the 60's and WT4.
So you believe, in the 2 years it will take for PoE2 to release, that D4 simply won't be making any new content for endgame?

So you believe, in the 2 years it will take for PoE2 to release, that D4 simply won't be making any new content for endgame?
I'm curious what you think is going to happen after MS acquires them in October. I suspect we'll either go on gamepass for subscription or they'll simply maintenance mode us.

Blizzard is in peak form here. They sold the most copies of their Diablo IP ever, appear to be losing players in droves thereby reducing their overhead, and still get bought out top of the market before the lawsuits wash out. The bosses are doing drugs and playing grab-ass. The devs have either walked off the job or on their way out...in no small part because theirs were the asses being grabbed. When your company is being sued by the US feds, the state of CA, and previous employees all at the same time you dun goofed.

The only people who would be worried about doing their best under those conditions are those who love the IP and all of those people have since published videos stating they no longer work there...

Considering where they are right now, I see no compelling reason they get it. Especially after the nerfs and other BS they've done.

WoW has been dead to me for a decade. I grew tired of slaying 10-20 monsters and/or saving a few people who got captured. I tried Dragonflight beta and was like "fuck no, not anymore". The only other expansion I skipped was MoP. Later I heard the content was great, but I didn't like the theme so I regret nothing.

And I'm afraid Blizzard is unable to innovate anymore.
I don't play Overwatch or Hearthstone so I can't comment on those, but I think I heard something like "more of the same" when they released Overwatch 2 so I guess the situation isn't different with their other games.

Sure I'm going to try PoE 2, but the main reason I didn't care for PoE is that the whole game is ugly as fuck. The world, the characters, the animations, cosmetics... and by the time PoE 2 is released, Diablo 4 will get a lot of new content, so that argument is moot.
And yet still they will have to convince me with better design. I don't care for content if I don't like what I see on the screen.

WoW has been dead to me for a decade. I grew tired of slaying 10-20 monsters and/or saving a few people who got captured. I tried Dragonflight beta and was like "fuck no, not anymore". The only other expansion I skipped was MoP. Later I heard the content was great, but I didn't like the theme so I regret nothing.
Purdy much. I sub once or twice a year for a couple weeks, roll a healer, get max level, run mythics, then get bored.

1691161495705.png

Season is finally 100% complete. You get a title, Cormond's Friend.

Uber Lilith is just a badly designed fight. I spent who knows how much gold on repairs because I died due to bugs, invisible walls, etc.

Unlike prior diablo games this one has monetization baked into the seasonal model - i.e. they are strongly incentivized to bring you back in with seasonal content (and DLCs/expansions annually I expect).
I expect a lot of updates- changes to the meta each season and smaller game modes but something big at least annually.

Back