Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

I think we are indeed entitled. I agree with you in the fact that no game can cater to everything you ever wanted. That said, that fucking greedy ass scheme of a RMAH really fucked the original game over. Fucking with drops to funnel people through the RMAH is not just one simple mechanic that we could "get over" or "deal with". It changed the whole game.
you missed the sub forum titled "soapbox"

let's just discuss the game "as is" :)

I am level 52 and I played the expansion last night for two hours. I am playing on hard. Why is there no one to play with. It neither finds games nor does anyone join mine. shouldn't there be thousands online?

Is it my level or something?

you're probably in a spot many others aren't: they may be leveling a fresh crusader, leveling an existing char from 60 to 70, or playing adventure.

I am level 52 and I played the expansion last night for two hours. I am playing on hard. Why is there no one to play with. It neither finds games nor does anyone join mine. shouldn't there be thousands online?

Is it my level or something?

People transition up through levels very quickly, and play at different difficulty levels. There are a bunch of people just over 60 and a mess of people already 70. Once you hit 70 you will never have a problem finding groups.

Last night when i was looking for an Adventure Mode group at level 66, there were something like 75 people playing on Hard and 400+ on Expert. So I stuck with Expert.

If you already finished the Campaign, try Adventure Mode at different levels to find where people are, or set the Quest Select to "All Acts, Any Quest" and check a few difficulty levels to find where people are.

You can only trade ITEMS with the PEOPLE in your PARTY when the item DROPS. And there is a time limit. SAY You play Today without your buddy and something drops that might be good for him or w/e WELP shit out of luck u cant give it to him say later tonight when he logs in.

someone tell me bout the dual monitors deal!

Gotcha, now I understand. I suppose it doesn't affect me personally since I only ever play with a group of people. We only touch certain characters when all of us are on. But I can see the frustration for others that don't follow this play style...sucks heh.

TheToE! said:
Is it though? I mean, when I think about what it brings to the table it just doesn't seem to be..I guess it's a sign of the times but damn..This seems like it should be $10.00-$15.00 max based on current DLC models. $40.00 for $15.00 DLC that in all honesty should be a gift to the community for fucking them in the ass? I don't know man, my principles just wont let me do it. I'm gonna hold out as long as I can haha!

If you play Diablo the way it's mean to be played (constant hunting for loot on not just one character, but many others), then progressing through the various levels of difficult with a team, the light at the end of the tunnel is a bit more in reach. There's heaps of time to be lost, and I think $40 of worth, will come and go before you know it. Sure, $10-15 would have been more reasonable in the grand scheme of things, but these are the times...everything costs too much now, heh. If anything, play with me! We're biffles.

This was pretty much exactly what I expected for a new Diablo expansion. A good new act, Adventure Mode is awesome, the mystic really expands gear options, and the Crusader is pretty fun so far (I've only got it only level 30). A+.

Putting a maxed-out imperial ruby gem in a sword for a level 20 is pretty amusing, that lets my crusader blow through Torment 1 solo. They have some fun abilities and the overall feel of the class is pretty solid.

Last night when i was looking for an Adventure Mode group at level 66, there were something like 75 people playing on Hard and 400+ on Expert. So I stuck with Expert.

If you already finished the Campaign, try Adventure Mode at different levels to find where people are, or set the Quest Select to "All Acts, Any Quest" and check a few difficulty levels to find where people are.

I played a little adventure mode solo last night and loved it. How does it work with a group? Does the leader have the ability to warp the whole party from zone to zone? If not, how does the group stay together and know where one another are?

I'm having a lot of fun with the game since the big patch. I just can't stomach $40.00 for this..Unless I'm missing something as far as the features it brings to the table(which is highly possible), this is really nothing more than DLC. Considering how bad they fucked us over on release, and then gave consoles the superior version...I mean it took a long fucking time just to give us the game we paid for on release. The fact that they have the balls to ask $40.00 for RoS is yet another slap in the face. I'd love to play RoS.But with all the previous bullshit considered, this DLC should be gifted to us at no charge.

You have got to be fucking kidding me... Just go away then. Just so you know YOU are a problem with gaming, entitle cheap stakes who think everything should be free or bargin bin prices at release.

$40 for this expansion and $100 total for the entire experience of D3 is NOTHING. The game at launch wasn't what YOU envisioned. It is what they wanted to make and try to sell. It sold really well too.

I am more pissed at people like who who cried like little girls about the RMAH so much that they took trading COMPLETELY out of the game than I am upset at Blizzard working hard to fix the game.

You still get the 'so and so is fighting an elite' notice, then you can just right click their portrait and teleport to them.

I played in the same T1 Adventure Mode party last night for about 2 hours, we just kept doing rifts, then back to bounties to open another rift. Whenever someone left, the spot would instantly get filled by a new player. It's pretty good, better than the party breaking up after finishing an Act.

someone tell me bout the dual monitors deal!

It's primarily for 3 monitor setups, if that's what you've got. 2 monitor might be possible, but it's not ideal as you have a fat black bar of monitor bezels in the middle of your view.

The gist (as I understand it) is that you create an extended desktop with your three panels using Nvidia surround or AMD eyefinity, so then you have one giant windows desktop. I believe D3 will not actually run in that resolution full screen natively, so what folks are doing is running in windowed mode (borderless) so it actually runs on the desktop at the correct resolution.

I've not tried it myself, but I'm eager to. I had given up on multi-monitor setups for D3 before launch as I read the devs would not support it. Hooray for workarounds.

Ah ok yes, I only have 2 monitors not 3. thanks.

Adventure mode is awesome, played last night with a full Group. What was nice was we all collected the 5 shards or w/e to open the rift portals and we opened 1 after another and another, after finishing each rift. Good times, exciting, different, always something new.

This xpac is great and i had 173 hours in Diablo 3 before the xpac came out got burnt out left the game for awhile, came back to this Xpac and im so juiced up so fun. Gr8 work, to the haters QQ.

I think we are indeed entitled. I agree with you in the fact that no game can cater to everything you ever wanted. That said, that fucking greedy ass scheme of a RMAH really fucked the original game over. Fucking with drops to funnel people through the RMAH is not just one simple mechanic that we could "get over" or "deal with". It changed the whole game.

This has been discussed ad nasuem.

The RMAH was never needed to beat inferno. I cleared all of inferno up to diablo before the RMAH went live and killed diablo the day the RMAH went live (without purchasing anything mind you, I just got stuck on inferno diablo for a day when it was actually difficult). It was slow and brutal, but I did a lot of gear swapping and respeccing to push through it all. Anyone who bitched about the RMAH was probably just not good enough to farm and clear on his own.

The game is the same as it's always been, kill mobs, find the most efficient way to kill things, make lemonade out of the lemon drops you get (through trade or respecing your build around your drops). It's definitely undergone many improvements over the years, but the core gameplay of D3 was always fun.

I got amazing trifecta gloves at lvl 61, rerolled a vit stat to dex, so its pure awesome damage. I dont think I'll ever find a dps upgrade to it. I may eventually replace it if I find a good leg, but it will be a tough decision to swap it out. That one is definitely a keeper.

I'm bottlenecked in crafting by death's breaths. They're apparently the new demonic essence. The last thing I did was max out all 3 artisans, and it was a pain to get enough DBs. My next goal is to max out my leg/chest/ammy slots with royal diamonds, and get some good survival to start doing Torment (currently only 4mil toughness).

I'm bottlenecked in crafting by death's breaths. They're apparently the new demonic essence. The last thing I did was max out all 3 artisans, and it was a pain to get enough DBs.

This. In the entirety of Act V I got 3. Several hours more in Adv. mode yielded a few more.

Btw, it's pretty incredible what some folks have managed to gather in a little over 36 hours of possible gameplay:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/21d259/first_official_reaper_of_souls_loot_thread/

I'm sorry for this guys, I didn't want to de-rail this anymore but I feel like I have to defend myself here.

Just so you know YOU are a problem with gaming, entitle cheap stakes who think everything should be free or bargin bin prices at release.

You need to man up a little and realize that it's good to be critical of bullshit. Not just accept that whatever a company chooses to do is okay and that if you are unhappy you should just keep your mouth shut otherwise you are "entitled". When you are passionate about something, it's okay to call out bullshit. People who discourage critical thinking like your ass are also a problem. I posted in this thread to talk about the expansion with my buddies not to discourage anyone from buying the game.

Got into a game last night with some of the HOCP clan members, all 4 of us leveling up Crusaders. It was a blast! Hope to catch you guys on tonight. :D

I have a hard time justifying purchasing the xpac. I recently resubscribed to WoW, and in reality their very similar games. Kill things to get loot, only the encounters in WoW are much more interesting, they require a greater level of mechanics and coordination, wheres diablo 3 feels like its nothing but kiting

I have a hard time justifying purchasing the xpac. I recently resubscribed to WoW, and in reality their very similar games. Kill things to get loot, only the encounters in WoW are much more interesting, they require a greater level of mechanics and coordination, wheres diablo 3 feels like its nothing but kiting

It's still a very very different experience. In Diablo you can jump in for 15 minutes and kill an epic boss/get epic loot, in WoW there's a much bigger time commitment.

Not trying to change your mind or anything, but really they are very different games in most respects, aside from the gear collecting aspect.

It's still a very very different experience. In Diablo you can jump in for 15 minutes and kill an epic boss/get epic loot, in WoW there's a much bigger time commitment.

Not trying to change your mind or anything, but really they are very different games in most respects, aside from the gear collecting aspect.

I would say the only difference is what you said, you can just jump in and kill stuff and possibly get something worth while. Mechanics wise in Diablo 3, for the ranged classes especially all you do is kite, the boss mechanics are all very simplistic in comparison. Diablo 3 you can complete on your own, WoW you cannot. The time is the only major difference.

Each class has set skills, set mechanics, your press a button to perform said skill, and you stay out of/away from things that can kill you. Same game, different levels of team-play requirements

Sitting at like 400k dps and 400K life....I hope the people who bought all my old items feel really good about their use in gold as all items before the expansion are way below par now.

I am enjoying my 500 million I made selling trash.

Looks like the re-rolling stats aren't showing up on the community page.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dirkdirden-1579/hero/10075789

I re-rolled the 6% resource cost on that shield for 8% crit and can actually use a shield with a wizard with 18% acrane damage, 315int, 6 attack speed, and 8 Crit.

Just found this leg set
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/sages-apogee

(3) Set:
Whenever a Death's Breath drops, a second one will also drop.

That's great. Ladders too!

On one play of Act 5 and a few hours of rifts, I had fully upgraded my crafters and made a few items, so I don't think it's too bad of a situation. Just that day 1 rush, high demand for breaths. Eventually we'll have giant stacks of breaths just like the level 60 equivalent.

Played finally last night. I didn't read up much on the expansion to know that they were effectively doubling the damage and attribute stats on all gear drops. Therefore adjusting the Torment levels. I started a Torment 1 game thinking my previous torment 3-4 capable wizard and WD would be able to comfortably walk through it. Slightly mistaken. That Templar Maester boss battle kicked my ass. I only found 2 new set items thus far. My legend drops have been crap. Plenty of Imperial gems though.

encounters in WoW are much more interesting, they require a greater level of mechanics and coordination, wheres diablo 3 feels like its nothing but kiting

Funny, I would have said exactly the opposite. No skill in targeting and less importance on positioning in WoW. Just target lock, spam buttons, and move around in a circle.

WoW is an RPG at its core and (to my knowledge) doesn't deal with things like hitboxes and precision timing. Diablo is an "A"RPG. I played WoW for the sense of exploration and different environments/creatures/people. Diablo has little of that. WoW is obviously more of a team game too, and depends on a diverse set of characters to play.

All in all, very different games.

That's great. Ladders too!

On one play of Act 5 and a few hours of rifts, I had fully upgraded my crafters and made a few items, so I don't think it's too bad of a situation. Just that day 1 rush, high demand for breaths. Eventually we'll have giant stacks of breaths just like the level 60 equivalent.

I find it amusing people were talking about Breaths being a bad bottleneck and needing a higher drop rate after *one day* :D

Once the new ladder hits gold is going to be a very very hot commodity. I have burned through like 10 million in game which without the auction house I'd of never had.

Is it though? I mean, when I think about what it brings to the table it just doesn't seem to be..I guess it's a sign of the times but damn..This seems like it should be $10.00-$15.00 max based on current DLC models. $40.00 for $15.00 DLC that in all honesty should be a gift to the community for fucking them in the ass? I don't know man, my principles just wont let me do it. I'm gonna hold out as long as I can haha!
I'm in the same boat. I played a little last night with my buddy. At least right now we're not buying the expansion. Still quite a bad taste in our mouths over their money grab.
I disagree. They didn't "GIVE" me anything for free. Their game was broke for 2 years. They are finally delivering the experience we paid full price for years ago. Don't get me wrong, I love the changes and am having a good time....Finally. But to rationalize all this as "well they are giving us something for free so I don't mind overpaying for the expansion" seems a little ridiculous.
PvP was on the features list of the original game. So was the Mystic. As far as i'm concerned, they still owe me both of these features. But like i figured way back at launch, they gutted the game to sell expansions.

Sitting at like 400k dps and 400K life....I hope the people who bought all my old items feel really good about their use in gold as all items before the expansion are way below par now.

I re-rolled the 6% resource cost on that shield for 8% crit and can actually use a shield with a wizard with 18% acrane damage, 315int, 6 attack speed, and 8 Crit.

Rerolling is awesome. Adding sockets to OK legendaries making them good, Vit to items I wasn't using because of the lack of toughness, crit chance and +%dmg increase to as much as I can. After I got the Mystic I spent a good 30-45 minutes just messing with that stuff. Luckily enough I got most of what I was going for after 1-2 tries. I was pretty pumped when I tried for cold damage on my bracers and got it on the first try.

Once the new ladder hits gold is going to be a very very hot commodity. I have burned through like 10 million in game which without the auction house I'd of never had.

I hear you, I've got a couple mil just burning a hole in my pocket, and all cause of the auction house. Whatever will we do!?

I would say the only difference is what you said, you can just jump in and kill stuff and possibly get something worth while. Mechanics wise in Diablo 3, for the ranged classes especially all you do is kite, the boss mechanics are all very simplistic in comparison. Diablo 3 you can complete on your own, WoW you cannot. The time is the only major difference.

Each class has set skills, set mechanics, your press a button to perform said skill, and you stay out of/away from things that can kill you. Same game, different levels of team-play requirements

Though the one main thing would be, don't play Diablo alone. It's heaps more fun with other people, especially on the higher difficulties. Definitely a great experience, and pretty rewarding/satisifying in the end. One could argue though, for ranged in WoW, all you do is kite as well (for the most part). One could also argue that you could just jump in (WoW), and get something worthwhile in a quick raid as well.

I'm sorry for this guys, I didn't want to de-rail this anymore but I feel like I have to defend myself here.

You need to man up a little and realize that it's good to be critical of bullshit. Not just accept that whatever a company chooses to do is okay and that if you are unhappy you should just keep your mouth shut otherwise you are "entitled". When you are passionate about something, it's okay to call out bullshit. People who discourage critical thinking like your ass are also a problem. I posted in this thread to talk about the expansion with my buddies not to discourage anyone from buying the game.

+1

Last edited by a moderator:

damn dude.. you got some ass kickery going there. :eek:

So how are Witch Doctors now? Are they still shit?

I don't have the expansion but started a WD the other night. It's very fun! I'm not hardcore like some of these guys in here but by my standards I am wrecking shit with the WD. Highly recommended from me!

So how are Witch Doctors now? Are they still shit?

They haven't been shit since firebats was buffed a few patches before 2.0. My main is WD, the typical build these days is fetish sycophants passive + firebats. You get a swarm of pets who hit for good damage, on top of your already-good damage from firebats. It felt pretty OP in 2.0, I don't have a good feel for it yet with ROS but it seems to be the same.

I am playing a Piranhado -> Grasp of the Dead -> Locust Swarm build with some damage boosts and the Creeping Death passive. I am using Grasp of the Dead since I got a weapon that causes an extra Rune to trigger, so Grasp of the Dead hits for like 1300% damage with Eels AND Rain of Corpses.

It is failing because Creeping Death appears to just not work once in a while. I don't know where the heck the Locust go, very often the DOT just stops ticking :( Also on some mobs, it appears to simply never work.

Last edited:
I dislike the idea of season exclusive legendaries. That sounds like turning D3 into a job.

I loved this in D2 (ladder only runewords). Really gave me a reason to play ladder instead of staying in regular. Not sure how they'll handle the "level" race though. Maybe separate instances of paragon.

I loved this in D2 (ladder only runewords). Really gave me a reason to play ladder instead of staying in regular. Not sure how they'll handle the "level" race though. Maybe separate instances of paragon.

Just do it like Path of Exile and have people start with a new character once the season starts.

Yeah, it will have to be paragon free to avoid a stat boost, in the principle necessity of fairness. At least to start, then when the season ends, the exp gained gets added to your account.

Sounds like it could work!

Is there any word about 2H Barbs being improved damage wise? I've seen comments floating around that it isn't broken, but I'm not sure why the DPS is so much lower.

Back