Dead Space for Free on Origin

Which of any of those games had control issues tied to vsync? Deadspace 2 and 3 didn't have those issues. Is it unfair to compare it to their sequels if you're going to say it's a unique animal with no comparables?

I didn't mention either Dead Space sequel? If there was a vsync problem I didn't have it back when I replayed the game last October. It was buttery smooth and looked amazing compared to the 360 version I played first. I'm only speaking from my personal experience.

This is the first time I've opened EAids origin in months.

12lDI7u.png

What the fuck does that even mean? Nice to see it's still a piece of shit.

I played through the original on the Xbox 360 and thought it was fantastic.

I'm guessing 4K/60+ is probably possible with modern PC hardware, yes?

Maybe, but the textures were made for 720p consoles, so going up in resolution only helps so much.

Just found it on Netflix. Going to watch tonight. Looks cool.

Excellent. I won't claim its a great movie but it's definitely worth a watch, especially if it's on netflix. I may give it a go tonight as well as a reminder.

I played through the original on the Xbox 360 and thought it was fantastic.

I'm guessing 4K/60+ is probably possible with modern PC hardware, yes?
Even a dinky 750 Ti can play that old game at 4K and 60 frames per second.

Oooh, neato mosquito!

I'm broke, poor, and have played everything that I have to death, so even if it isn't an "Earth shattering" game, it's still new to me! Downloading...

Oooh, neato mosquito!

I'm broke, poor, and have played everything that I have to death, so even if it isn't an "Earth shattering" game, it's still new to me! Downloading...
Well since you are new to the game then I will suggest you do not use the in game vsync as it will cap you to half your refresh rate. Just force vsync on for the game in the Nvidia control panel if you have an Nvidia card. Also I suggest using 16x AF from the control panel too as it will help the game look a little less blurry. Also if you just happen to play on easy settings, it will actually switch to medium if you ever hit continue instead of going to the save file and clicking on it in the game.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
Excellent. I won't claim its a great movie but it's definitely worth a watch, especially if it's on netflix. I may give it a go tonight as well as a reminder.
Turns out I'd actually already seen it and forgot the name. I agree with you on all points about it. I think I checked it out a few weeks ago on one those days when you just click on something until it looks interesting. Unfortunately I don't remember the name and I think I saw it this other one on prime but I watched another sci-fi/horror/action that was kind of like Passengers but with monsters on board. Also pretty decent.

Maybe, but the textures were made for 720p consoles, so going up in resolution only helps so much.

Yeah, I tested it out and it looks good and ugly at the same time.
The controls are a little weird even with a pad. The up/down speed and left right speed are waaaay different. It threw me off.
Not sure I'll bother to play through this again, but it's still a neat gesture for them to toss free games at us.

Back