Dark Souls (steam code) $20 bonanza seller/$26.79 Steam

I don't think it's worth buying the game and having to pay for a Xbox controller in order to play the game correctly.

A valid statement. This game ships with the most broken KBM support I may have ever seen. Its a huge shame. If this port ends up leading to a PC version of the next Souls game, I really really hope they learn a thing or two about hiring some PC developers.

That said, A LOT of people have 360/PS3/PS2/Xbox controllers. All of them can be used with Dark Souls PC via USB connection and Motionjoy's XID emulation (360 controller of course has its own drivers and does not need motionjoy).

And, People buy purpose specific hardware all the time for their PCs (upgrades, physics cards, sound cards, stuff for 3D, Mics, wheels, sticks, etc). I don't think a controller is a huge stretch. Especially considering the amount of 3rd person action games on PC nowadays, that play very well with them. Not to mention that Controllers/joypads are a classic input device for gaming. Sticking rigidly to KBM is frankly, ridiculous. Offensive, I know!

Even with the consolitis, Dark Souls feels more like a real PC game in terms of gameplay than every other console port, due to its difficulty and complete absence of hand-holding and win-the-everythings mechanics. Best PC game this year. Get it.

easily nothing comes close this year... in fact best game i have played in years.

The crazy part is that the console versions were so amazing as they were, but the PC enhancements really make it even better (graphics, new warp points, fast loading, etc).

Back