DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

The maximum height of components on the backside is 5mm. The standoffs are 7mm. So we have 2mm left space for the cable.

My suggestion for the very serious issue of placement of holes... :D
dondan.png

Dan, do you have any estimate on the shipping weight (Case+Accessories+Box) of the A4-SFX?
I'm asking because I don't live in the US, so I use a service to ship things for me. (costs ~$8/pound)
I know there might be international shipping available for a lower price, but I don't trust the local post office.(They literally drop your stuff in front of you and just go oops.)
tl;dr: How much does the case weigh?

Dan, do you have any estimate on the shipping weight (Case+Accessories+Box) of the A4-SFX?
I'm asking because I don't live in the US, so I use a service to ship things for me. (costs ~$8/pound)
I know there might be international shipping available for a lower price, but I don't trust the local post office.(They literally drop your stuff in front of you and just go oops.)

I don't know if it helps, but he lives in Germany, and He said he plans to do the distribution from Germany as well. Dondan feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

I don't know if it helps, but he lives in Germany, and He said he plans to do the distribution from Germany as well. Dondan feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

You are right.

Case = 1,2Kg + Carton and screws.

dondan.png

Ok thank we go with it ^^.

So what's the cost estimate of this case with shipping once it's for sale? I'm curious because if prices are in USD, it could be a very expensive case for Canadians

Going with the alternative riser should cut costs a bit, so it probably won't end up costing $250.
I'm guessing around $180-$220, but we'll have to wait for Dondan to reply.
I think he might need to determine the order quantity with Lian Li first before he can set a price anyways.

Somewhat off-topic but I've been playing around with my NH-L9i in my Ncase and tested it with the stock fan and a Gentle Typhoon AP14 92mm. The best results yet are with the GT AP14 with the fan exhausting outwards. With this setup, the fan will probably be hindered somewhat in the A4 since it will be so close to the side panel and will restrict the airflow.

Overall i'm happy tho. Had my 4790K with 4.6Ghz core/4.2Ghz uncore at 75-80C and 4.4ghz core/4.0Ghz uncore at 65-70C in games.

Wow thats great thank you for this info. Do you test already the temps in Prime 95?

Today I got my Cooltek Lp53 and Silverstone SFX-L 500W v.1.1.
The Cooltek should be 5-7°C better as the Noctua.

Wow thats great thank you for this info. Do you test already the temps in Prime 95?

Today I got my Cooltek Lp53 and Silverstone SFX-L 500W v.1.1.
The Cooltek should be 5-7°C better as the Noctua.
I tested with x264. I did Prime95 but it was hitting 90C so I stopped it.

When I have time, I'll test it the Ncase side panel touching or getting it close to the heatsink fan. This way it will give us a better idea how this setup will be in the A4. Good thing is the Ncase and A4 have the same Lian Li vent holes.

dondan.png
Ok, this may be intended as a joke, but I think you're on to something.

Embedding "A4" into that "wall of holes" could really add to the personality of the case and break up the monotonous side panels.

Hello guys, I actual plan with LianLi to remove the two sidepends on the frontpanel, so that we have a very clean front. But we have to increase the size of the case of 1,4mm in length to support the LianLi clippin technology. The second option will be screwing the sidepanels like for the LianLi Q08.
What do you think, should I increase the size or go with screwed sidepanels?

LianLiQ08-7b.jpg

Blocking out holes to form A4 might restrict airflow too much. If it does not cost extra too use different sized holes, that might give a more subtle effect.

Although i never used the lian-li push-pins, i can imagine that the screw version is more stable, and considering that quite a lot of people want to buy this case to travel with it, maybe it would be a better solution (and i guess a cheaper one as well)

Although i never used the lian-li push-pins, i can imagine that the screw version is more stable, and considering that quite a lot of people want to buy this case to travel with it, maybe it would be a better solution (and i guess a cheaper one as well)

I have to agree with pgabor with the added rigidity that comes with screws. I do love the push pins but screws = less issues when it comes to replacements compared to the push pins when age and constant traveling catch up.

As for the front panel, I really like the unclean look with the two side slits...It just gives it a more aggressive personality while not being super noticable.

POLL/SURVEY TIME!

Last edited:
I also think screwing is a good idea! :)

Here are a few pros and cons:
+ it is not necessary to increase the size of the case
+ the side panels may fit better
+ it is not so easy for others to open your case (e. g. at LAN parties)
+ costs less
+ the "handles" for the sidepanels at the back could be removed
- it is harder to assemble the computer
- wearout of screws (maybe use Torx screws?)
-/+ different look (not so "clean" sidepanels? looks more "interesting"?)

I hope it helps with making the decision :D

Last edited:
I like the push pins because no matter how softly you screw/unscrew your case you always get silver rings around the holes due to paint stripping.

Hello guys, I actual plan with LianLi to remove the two sidepends on the frontpanel, so that we have a very clean front. But we have to increase the size of the case of 1,4mm in length to support the LianLi clippin technology. The second option will be screwing the sidepanels like for the LianLi Q08.
What do you think, should I increase the size or go with screwed sidepanels?

1,4mm doesn't matter.

I have no idea how the front could get any cleaner (the picture is exacly the same?) but I've always been worried about the clips:
  • They just seem to flimsy, side panels can come loose when computer is carried etc
  • Even the slightest chance of them making rattling noise is not OK
  • Nobody needs to open their computer that often
  • Screws definitely make everything firm and stable
  • Screw holes are cheaper
  • You can put pretty thumb screws in the holes instead of flat screws to get an industrial look :D

I like the push pins because no matter how softly you screw/unscrew your case you always get silver rings around the holes due to paint stripping.

This would be my concern too, and it's a major one I think, especially with brushed aluminum. Especially in the black version, it will be an issue.

If the plastic clips wear out, they can easily be replaced... not the case with aluminum stripping away.

dondan, are you really certain that the pushpins holding the front panel are necessary? I mean, I feel like those screws on the top and front are holding it tightly already, so it seems to me the pushpins on the front don't add much. If you drop them, there won't be a need to increase the size, in fact, you may even shave off some mm's...

[*]You can put pretty thumb screws in the holes instead of flat screws to get an industrial look :D
[/LIST]

Now, this, I like!

Especially because you can insert a thin rubber or felt washer between the thumbscrew and the sidepanel to avoid any paint or aluminum stripping.

This would be my concern too, and it's a major one I think, especially with brushed aluminum. Especially in the black version, it will be an issue.

If the plastic clips wear out, they can easily be replaced... not the case with aluminum stripping away.
*snip*

i don't think that you'd be able to see any material issues in the case itself, and you can easily replace the screws yourself if we use standard screws...

Personally I think that visible screws on the side panel look too cheap for a premium case like this.

I own a black aluminum Realan case and the screws on the top definitely take away from the look (not to mention that the black paint on them has worn away over time). But on that case it's more expected because it was only $100 including power supply.

+1 for screws. More secure and durable than the plastic tabs that push-pins use, and I don't mind how it looks.

I'll probably swap out the stock black screws for shiny silver ones - looks better than scratched-up black.

If you guys ever owned a Lian Li PC Q-Whatever the side panels warp from over tightening of the screws... The NCase with push pins the panels have no signs of warping.

[*]You can put pretty thumb screws in the holes instead of flat screws to get an industrial look :D
[/LIST]

That actually sounds really good! :D
Someone should make Torx/Alan Thumbscrews! ;) So when you look at the thumbscrews you see a star/hexagon :eek:

1,4mm doesn't matter.

I have no idea how the front could get any cleaner (the picture is exacly the same?) but I've always been worried about the clips:
  • They just seem to flimsy, side panels can come loose when computer is carried etc
  • Even the slightest chance of them making rattling noise is not OK
  • Nobody needs to open their computer that often
  • Screws definitely make everything firm and stable
  • Screw holes are cheaper
  • You can put pretty thumb screws in the holes instead of flat screws to get an industrial look :D

I think thumb screws is the best idea.

Back