Cyberpunk 2077

Wonder if I can hit 60 fps locked with RT on Ultra at 1440p w/ DLSS... doesn't look like it, at least not at launch. :/

There's russian websites breaking the embargo and posting screenshots.

This is reportedly a comparison of an indoor scene with Low, Ultra, and Ultra-RT settings.
Low
Ultra
Ultra-RT
Wow, doesn't even look like the same game without RT.

I'll crank down the res as far as I have to just to play it with RT, even if I'm @ 1440p with DLSS.

Last edited:
If this chart is legit I'll get around 50fps with RT on and DLSS, I'm fine with that. I get the exact same fps from AC: Valhalla without RT and DLSS on ultra settings.
Yeah, in Ars review they mention DLSS works great in CP.

Also Nvidia still have not released driver update for the game, hopefully it will add few frames once it is out.

Reactions: DPI
like this
If this chart is legit I'll get around 50fps with RT on and DLSS, I'm fine with that. I get the exact same fps from AC: Valhalla without RT and DLSS on ultra settings.
Not gonna speculate too much but I have a good feeling about 4K/60/RTX/DLSS-B/Q being attainable on 3080s/3090s tweaking a few settings and it looking just like max settings.

That's actually a huge difference. I expected there to be something noticable but not nearly at this level. What you see is baked in light vs real light. And IMO RTX on looks infinitely better. It's much more natural / realistic. RTX: OFF Just looks like any other videogame. RTX:ON looks like Wow.
Baked in lighting is based on ray tracing which could be a thousand CPU's rendering for 24hrs. While RTX cannot approach the same quality of simulation. For static fixed object lighting, baked in lighting can represent the scene well. For dynamic changing scenes, moving objects etc. RTX would be much better. Either may not be accurate or one more than the other depending upon the scene. One may look way different but overall one may not be better than the other. Cyberpunk probably uses a combination of baked in lighting as well as RT when RT is turned on.

There's a general tone to the game world and artwork, and it's not going to magically change at hour 172.
Ohhh so it is about the graphics and not the "tone" of the game that none of us has played.

There's russian websites breaking the embargo and posting screenshots.

This is reportedly a comparison of an indoor scene with Low, Ultra, and Ultra-RT settings.
Low
Ultra
Ultra-RT
RT on definitely looks better and more realistic with light bounce, especially if you have changing lights or patterns going on vice static lighting. I hope game does not use poor baked in lightmaps so that when RT is on it looks better.

Nvidia doesn't think too highly of my 1080 Ti :LOL:

1607470613146.png

Ouch......From one of my youtube channels I watch. I guess no reviewers have actually received the full Day 1 patch either. We can hope for performance improvement, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Looks like this game will be the new slogan "Can it play Cyberpunk"

Performance will definitely improve. CDPR told Gamers Nexus that the DRM in the review copies hurts performance. Exactly how much it effects things up in the air, but it will at least be better.

so, once the game releases tomorrow. is there going to be a big patch to dl?

Wow, doesn't even look like the same game without RT.

I'll crank down the res as far as I have to just to play it with RT, even if I'm @ 1440p with DLSS.

Same for Call of Duty Cold War which came free with my 3090. The game looks great without RTX, but compared to RTX ON it looks terrible.
The problem with RTX in cod is optimization though. The first level or 2 ran at around 100 fps, but the third was getting around 30 fps and basically unplayable with any RTX settings. Turn RTX off and get 100s of FPS, but it felt like going from a live action movie to a cartoon.

Hopefully cyberpunk doesn't have the same issues.

Why can't we preload that damn patch lol. I'm in a hotel until Friday and can only dl at like 3mB/s =(((

What's even the point of the preload... sigh

Last edited:
From what I've seen it looks like the majority of the game's development took place without Ray Tracing, and enabling RT sort of 'breaks' the art style they were originally going for. No doubt it looks awesome in some areas of the game, but in most I think the ambience and artistry suffers a bit. I think they'll tweak the RT more over the next year to look closer to their original vision.

From what I've seen it looks like the majority of the game's development took place without Ray Tracing, and enabling RT sort of 'breaks' the art style they were originally going for. No doubt it looks awesome in some areas of the game, but in most I think the ambience and artistry suffers a bit. I think they'll tweak the RT more over the next year to look closer to their original vision.

That is going to be a common problem in ray tracing games until they are designed to be used with it on my setups. I don't see that happening for a long time, especially with consoles. Consoles simply won't have the power to run ray tracing without massive limitations. In games like Control ray tracing practically removes all detail on some objects and they simply turn into a bright shiny box. When you turn it off, you can see all the details, like switches, yellow/black warning signs, and the like. It has to be difficult to ensure all details are presented properly when you have two vastly different lighting systems. The issue going forward, and will be for a while, is that most hardware can't run ray tracing with good frame rates.

In time it won't be an issue, but I think we're still a ways off from that.

I made a post earlier with similar thoughts, but I think in some cases there's no doubt that ray tracing is only an improvement and enhances CDPR's vision (for example, reflections in puddles/water, global ray traced shadows.) But yeah, from some of the RT on/off comparos we've seen so far, some of the indoors environments give me the impression they built them without RT and worked towards matching whatever concepts their artists were coming up with, then later the technical team added RT and it looks different. Obviously that's conjecture on my part, but that is the impression I got from looking at pics.

I made a post earlier with similar thoughts, but I think in some cases there's no doubt that ray tracing is only an improvement and enhances CDPR's vision (for example, reflections in puddles/water, global ray traced shadows.) But yeah, from some of the RT on/off comparos we've seen so far, some of the indoors environments give me the impression they built them without RT and worked towards matching whatever concepts their artists were coming up with, then later the technical team added RT and it looks different. Obviously that's conjecture on my part, but that is the impression I got from looking at pics.

I have a feeling they will correct those areas in the future but are probably low priority right now, in one of the shots it looked like the drain pipe may be incorrectly flagged as a lightsource, while the actual light isn't flagged seeing how it isn't on (above right poster in red hallway).

It's unlocked for partnered streamers on twitch for anyone that wants to check it out. Almost a million people watching streams of this game right now. I wonder if that indicates there's a lot of people who've realized their PC won't be able to run it or maybe they just don't mind spoilers.

It's unlocked for partnered streamers on twitch for anyone that wants to check it out. Almost a million people watching streams of this game right now. I wonder if that indicates there's a lot of people who've realized their PC won't be able to run it or maybe they just don't mind spoilers.
It's for specific streamers, then, not partnered ones, at least through official channels. Otherwise I'm sure people are playing with adjusted clocks and may be playing without the patch applied.

If it were available to just any partner I'd be crying at my low frame rate in the game right now.

Just got done with a better than Average Walmart 3rd shift just ate a Fast Break candy bar which is about 60 grams of sugar.
I'm usually a health nut but you only live once. Might grab some Caffeine cola out of the fridge downstairs Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi.
At least the store is closed at night but were open till 11:00pm now but most of the city doesn't even know it.
There was a spot for Cyberpunk 2077 on the shelf for the PS5 but it was empty. Dark Souls had about 11 copies in stock at like 67.00 a pop.
Cyberpunk 2077 was 49.00 though go figure.

I posted a message on Steam and it was 2 pages behind after I posted it seconds ago.

Oh WOW it's 10 hours yet lol I thought it would be earlier today well I can sleep on it.

I'm officially ready to rock & roll now. Not sure I'll get much time to play tonight, but I hope to at least create a character and test out any in-game benchmarks...if there are any.

I reverted back to the older set this set doesn't mesh with the monitor I run for Win 10.
I'm sure it find for games but I'm usually on the Desktop 6 days a week after work.

Back