Crysis != FarCry 2

Didnt they show off doom3 on the radeon9700 or something that wasnt released yet?

Developers always get the new technology first.

How did they make games for the xbox when the xbox was still in development..

He wants to know how there going to show the games dx10 features without dx10\dx10 capable video card. What im trying to say they have engineering releases to test development with.

Yup..those shots do look amazing. Too bad that this game is going to get delayed since Vista got delayed?

S0m30n3 said:
He wants to know how there going to show the games dx10 features without dx10\dx10 capable video card. What im trying to say they have engineering releases to test development with.

Yeah, 89 or 90ish EA had a special computer with this amazing new device called a "Sound Blaster" and they were using the game LHX to show what games could sound like in the future. I remember it because EA also liked to talk about the computer being the price of a small car because the technology was so advanced.

Could be the most realistic motion I've ever seen in a game, although that video was blurry.

Could also be technically better than any other engine at the moment (UE3).

I know that there may be unreleased cards.... wich I don't think that will happen this time around, but if it was dx10 only we would not see this demo running real time in the forthcomming E3 (and playable)

As someone stated above, I also believe it handles both dx 9 and 10

Sephiros said:
I know that there may be unreleased cards.... wich I don't think that will happen this time around, but if it was dx10 only we would not see this demo running real time in the forthcomming E3 (and playable)

As someone stated above, I also believe it handles both dx 9 and 10

The article from the OP clearly states it will support both. See below.

The game will ship with support for both DirectX 9 and DirectX 10

So no "believing" is needed, its a fact. I don't know why this caused such a big stir with everyone. One poster doesn't read the article and boom everyone gets their panties in a bunch.

DX10 support won't give better visual quality until the hardware is available and developers have had a chance to play with it. At the moment I think the only advantage is greater performance/efficiency. I think it's very likely the Crysis videos are from DX9 cards.

This is definately my most anticipated game for the next year or so, it will be hard to top it. I just hope EA lets Crytek have full range on what they want to do with the story. Damn those jungle shots are unreal!!!

DragonNOA1 said:
The article from the OP clearly states it will support both. See below.

So no "believing" is needed, its a fact. I don't know why this caused such a big stir with everyone. One poster doesn't read the article and boom everyone gets their panties in a bunch.

I asked one question ....
I did not know the answer and still don't know for sure
I was thinking about how dx10 effects would be done on E3...
:rolleyes:
But since it's not about image quality, it's mostlty perf., I guess that's settled for me Mr. Cautious reader...

wow, this game just looks awsome, but just one question? Who will be going to E3 to see this game? And who is going to E3 JUST to see this game! lol, i wish i could go but i dont think il be able to make it this year. Also, i do hope EA lets crytek do what they want, and not push the game..............

Sephiros said:
I asked one question ....
I did not know the answer and still don't know for sure
I was thinking about how dx10 effects would be done on E3...
:rolleyes:
But since it's not about image quality, it's mostlty perf., I guess that's settled for me Mr. Cautious reader...

Hey its okay bud. No problem at all. I was wasn't referring to you, just answering everybody's question by quoting your post. You had a valid statement. Now on to picking our jaws up off the ground.

electech98 said:
And real collision detection/physics on things like the plants and such! ..............

You know what.... this has been in games for a long ass time. I was playing the FIRST Hitman game on my laptop tonight. I was playing one of the jungle maps and HITMAN does this. I ran into one of those big palm like bushes and the branch moves realistically when you move your character into it, pretty much the same way Crysis displays. And it was released in 2000.

I was like "WTF, and Crysis displays this as one of thier l33t new advancements to their engine?!"

Well maybe it's been done before but has it been done a lot? I don't think so. I think it justifies being shown in the videos. Crysis FTuW! (For the Uber-Win).

Not new but still cool.

Its about doing the realistic collisions on flexible objects, while doing all the other physics processing that video shows and doing the new graphics etc.

Its like saying "well, they modelled a soldier in the first doom game, its nothing new"

Yes they did, but it wasnt as good as the new one. Doing all these things at once and realistically is not a simple task and if the things shown in that video can be done realtime and smoothly (35fps+ or so) then that is a real achievment.

OT: Has anyone seen the Cellfactor video? Nifty physics and gravity manipulation have been done before too, but that video trailer shows it on an entirely new scale...

Back