Crysis != FarCry 2

Just saw the vid...

Looks amazing...as stated by someone above, Far Cry is a great game...even now.

When is this slated for release? Looks like top stuff...I take it will be after dx10 (thus Vista) is released...

I still say Farcry meets the graphics level of FEAR. Farcry also playe a lot better and holds your interest more (just wish those damn trigens (sp?) wear never added to the game). I will be building a new machine as well. Just waiting for DDR2 to mature a bit more and to hear more about Conroe and AM2, course we all have ideas of whats happeneing there.

Heres to the waiting game...... :p

Yeah, I do think Far Cry with the IQ cranked up is superior to FEAR....outdoor combat in a believable environment just kicks so much ass.

Imagine shooting an enemy in the leg and having him fall down and crawl, unable to walk....or killing 4 out of 5 baddies and having the 5th one run away, etc. You get the drift.

Wonder what vid card that sucker is gonna need...better save a few bucks now...I plan on building a new rig late this year, at least, after QCon....

TheRapture said:
Yeah, I do think Far Cry with the IQ cranked up is superior to FEAR....outdoor combat in a believable environment just kicks so much ass.

Imagine shooting an enemy in the leg and having him fall down and crawl, unable to walk....or killing 4 out of 5 baddies and having the 5th one run away, etc. You get the drift.

Wonder what vid card that sucker is gonna need...better save a few bucks now...I plan on building a new rig late this year, at least, after QCon....

I'm holding off on building the new rig until Vista is out and stable...there's nothing THAT spectacular coming out that my current rig (see sig) wont play...even if i do have to turn some settings down...my gfx card is dx9 and has SM 3.0 support so thats fine by me...will just have to slum it at a low res for a while...I hear Vista will ship early 2007...obviously l will miss out on some of the extra eye candy and IQ settings...until then but hey its not the end of the world.

it doesn't matter if u have a gamespot account, many people have problems streaming videos including me, does somebody have an alternative link???

Imagine shooting him in the head... and him dieing! That would really make Far Cry fun.

-=ABUSIVE-69=- said:
it doesn't matter if u have a gamespot account, many people have problems streaming videos including me, does somebody have an alternative link???

Next to most (don't know if all) movies there is an option to download. Just download instead of streaming. Come on, have you even looked at the page?

it would also add to the realism if the player would react to damage location as well. imagine being shot, how much that would suck :p

DragonNOA1 said:
Next to most (don't know if all) movies there is an option to download. Just download instead of streaming. Come on, have you even looked at the page?

If you click on teh download link you get a join-up screen where you ahve to fill out personal info...Come on, did you even click the link?? :p

mastercheeze said:
If you click on teh download link you get a join-up screen where you ahve to fill out personal info...Come on, did you even click the link?? :p

Well duh, that's a given. He said that streaming didn't work well from gamespot servers for him... what does that tell you? That he has an account. And if he didn't, like I stated earlier, its not a bad idea to have one. They're one of the biggest sites around and it's not hard to sign up.

Edit: And yes, I had clicked the link. Free low-res movies for members. So right back at ya. :p :p lol

Syphon Filter said:
II hear Vista will ship early 2007...obviously l will miss out on some of the extra eye candy and IQ settings...until then but hey its not the end of the world.

Argh.....I'm going to miss out on so much - I report to the United States Naval Academy this July.

WOW! :eek: This will just be AWSOME if we could actually play with those settings and get those nice stedy frame rates! but that might be just a little while...........but it will still be awsome!

When that game comes out it will then probably be worth upgrading from my 6800GT. I'm sure that my GT would struggle with that game.

The game looks amazing. I am concerned with one thing tho.... EA

:( Damn them. They rushed BF2, I hope to GOD they don't rush this game and let them do it right.

Are visuals like that going to be possible with just a new graphics card if one already has a currently high-end cpu?

pretty much you will only be able to turn on the volumetrics, advanced shaders and certain other dynamics (weather/day time) with a DX10 compliant video card

"Only"? Thats what made that video (posted by the OP) so incredible. Thats why we buy new cards in the first place.

I loved Far Cry and still play it regularly. It's a shame they didn't make some expansion games of it. :( As many people who loved Far Cry, hell they should have had an expansion every 6 months - Would have made a killing.

That video gave me a woody. :cool: Gotta save the $$ for some new hardware before that comes out.

SpeedRunner said:
When that game comes out it will then probably be worth upgrading from my 6800GT. I'm sure that my GT would struggle with that game.

Your 6800GT would run that game about as good as a TNT2 would run oblivion or fear maxed out.

Imagine shooting him in the head... and him dieing! That would really make Far Cry fun.

I think I will miss bad guys spinning around shooting the ground. I'm not quite sure what this has to do with anything. I blame jetlag.

Now that my mind is awake and i've done some research im willing to bet its on an advanced crytek1 engine because ea wants them to get it out the door asap like everything els

Developers can't win. Look at all the bitching people did when Half Life kept missing release dates. Speaking of bitching, I've got a friend that is rabidly anti-sequel who sent me an email complaining that this game isn't Far Cry 2.

With vista delayed and having to implement over 60% of changes, this game probably will not get released until mid 2007. Vista is not going to get released at the earliest, first quarter of 2007 (analysts say).
By then the newest graphics cards should be able to handle this for sure. The only problem, you will have to upgrade like heck. For one game, $50 bucks but new pc, a few grand (new mb, dual core cpu, 2x top of the line vid cards in sli or crossfire, new ddr2 ram). Ouch..

magnuspah said:
With vista delayed and having to implement over 60% of changes, this game probably will not get released until mid 2007. Vista is not going to get released at the earliest, first quarter of 2007 (analysts say).
By then the newest graphics cards should be able to handle this for sure. The only problem, you will have to upgrade like heck. For one game, $50 bucks but new pc, a few grand (new mb, dual core cpu, 2x top of the line vid cards in sli or crossfire, new ddr2 ram). Ouch..

I wont just be upgrading for the game alone though...And yes, I will be doing a complete build from scratch. I tend not to do incremental upgrades really. I just go all out once every 3-4 years...unless i have the dosh i probably still wont go SLI or X-fire...unless i really get the bug in me...

You know I figure by the time DX10 cards come out I'll be able to get by with 1 "xx00 GT" part and a AGEIA physics card, 4GB ram, and a dual core processor (hopefully my x2 3800 at 2.5ghz).

And for those saying SLI physics, those arent for collision physics. If you want interactive foliage, you need AGEIA. At least thats my take. I definitely see this as the future, and once those things reach $100-150 they'll sell like hotcakes.

I know I'll be buying one. Is anyone from AGEIA on the forums? $150 is the sweet spot. Forget 200 and up.

Yep, downloaded it...Shesh, if those are actual screens, we are going to need some serious video cards and cpus to handle the load.

Thanks for posting that hi-res version.

That was seriously amazing. I think you appreciate it more when you've messed around with 3D modeling/animation, since you know how much of a bitch those things can be to render...let alone in real time.

This game will be the one that I will build a new computer for. I've said this many times, but I really mean it this time. By the time this rolls around, we will have Conroe, DX10, and PhysX will finally be mainstream. My preliminary plan:

ASUS P5WD2-E
2.4GHz Conroe
2GB DDR-800
nVidia's Vista-enabled DX10 card
Ageia PhysX PPU

Oh yes, this is going to own ALL!

Looks like the same trailer as above. You can tell b/c they both have a tan bar down the right side.

I have a question!!!!!
if it's only going to run with all effects and stuff with Dx10 hardware...
how will we see playable demos on E3?!?!?!

1- Dx10 WON'T be needed
2- The new geforce's will be out by then? (I say geforce because it seems to be scheduled to an earlier release...)
3- Dx10 emulated??

something doesn't seem right....

:confused:

Sephiros said:
I have a question!!!!!
if it's only going to run with all effects and stuff with Dx10 hardware...
how will we see playable demos on E3?!?!?!

1- Dx10 WON'T be needed
2- The new geforce's will be out by then? (I say geforce because it seems to be scheduled to an earlier release...)
3- Dx10 emulated??

something doesn't seem right....

:confused:

Its not the first game made to take advantage of next gen hardware.

Im just gonna guess it will be on a beta windows vista with beta dx10 with an unreleased vid card on beta drivers for the beta game. :p

unreleased video card...
I really don't believe it will happen

I'm leaning towards my 3rd option.... emulation...

Back