Call of Duty: Black Ops III

There are already more people playing Black Ops 3 then Infinite Warfare.
6341 peak players today for BO3: http://steamcharts.com/app/311210
and 5361 peak players today for IW: http://steamcharts.com/app/292730
Modern Warfare remastered only had 1608 peak players today: http://steamcharts.com/app/393100

I think the BO3 community will start growing again, as people discover the custom maps and server browser.

That's unfortunate, I think CoD:IW is the best CoD game we've had in a long time. In my opinion it is a far better game than the cheap Titan Fall rip off without mechs that BLOPS III is. Modern Warfare Remastered was DOA out of the gate for a lot of people because the developer castrated it with the P2P matchmaking bullshit that kept people going back to the original CoD4:MW for so many years. CoD:MW2 went the wrong direction with maximum player limits of 9 vs. 9 when players of CoD4:MW were used to 32-64 players via dedicated servers.

That's unfortunate, I think CoD:IW is the best CoD game we've had in a long time. In my opinion it is a far better game than the cheap Titan Fall rip off without mechs that BLOPS III is. Modern Warfare Remastered was DOA out of the gate for a lot of people because the developer castrated it with the P2P matchmaking bullshit that kept people going back to the original CoD4:MW for so many years. CoD:MW2 went the wrong direction with maximum player limits of 9 vs. 9 when players of CoD4:MW were used to 32-64 players via dedicated servers.

Hmmm.... I need to look at IW closer and spend more time with it. Your opinion is one that carries a lot of weight with me and 9/10 times we usually agree.

It's kind of interesting to track this, though: You either have people that favor one dev vs the other for this.

Hmmm.... I need to look at IW closer and spend more time with it. Your opinion is one that carries a lot of weight with me and 9/10 times we usually agree.

It's kind of interesting to track this, though: You either have people that favor one dev vs the other for this.

Keep in mind I have only completed the single player and a little multiplayer. However, I've enjoyed both far more than I did on the previous CoD games released since BLOPS II.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Advanced Warfare is the best made by Sledgehammer games it's their first COD game they ever made.

I don't understand why developers don't learn from their past mistakes. The PC community wanted ping numbers and a server browser and Black Ops 3 delivered on both.
Infinite Warfare has gone back to ping bars where 4 bars means a ping between 1 and 200.
There is only matchmaking and running a custom lobby, where only your Steam friends can see the custom game you're hosting.
The longevity of a game relies on the multiplayer community and by ignoring it they are hurting their own total sales.
With all the crazy mods out there I'm sure somebody will enable more then 18 players for BO3. Trouble is most of the maps are fairly small so you wouldn't live very long. I'm sure we'll see larger maps as people port them over from previous versions and create new ones.

b2099c3856b29a69ded2d64716ef4048_no-one-cares-no-one-cares-memes_540-544.jpeg

I liked the game but not as much as COD AW which is my favorite COD for Multiplayer.

I loaded a mod and then a custom game, Fringe, opened the console and put in /developer 2 and /give ar_galil to try out the Galil on bots. I didn't expect a P2W weapon that was strictly better, not that it would matter against bots. It did seem old or classic for sound and aesthetic, compared to all the notches and textures on the metal or just synthetic augmentations and all that, carbon fiber, etc.

i like cod bo3 but i find cod iw better optimized on pc. i get 10 fps more on cod iw vs cod bo3

I deleted COD IW "no games to be found"and went with COD BLOPS III again I can actually find games.

Peaks 5,000+ players weekly

I deleted COD IW "no games to be found"and went with COD BLOPS III again I can actually find games.

Peaks 5,000+ players weekly

Yep, BLOPS3 still has it going on. I usually try to get a few rounds in daily.

Steam tag is Gorunova if you want to party up some time.

Yep, BLOPS3 still has it going on. I usually try to get a few rounds in daily.

Steam tag is Gorunova if you want to party up some time.

I sent you invite name is Slipgate my friends list is pretty sparse I usually just play on Tuesday and Wednesdays.

The Steam summer sale has the full version of Black Ops 3 for $30.
If you like zombies it's well worth it since about 800 of the 900 custom maps are zombies.
There's still about 9000 peak players if you like ranked multiplayer and you can host a listen or dedicated server with bots, on your own PC or rent a game server.

I've got a map rating list of the zombie maps we've played in the [H]ard Gaming Community forum:
https://hardforum.com/threads/call-of-duty-black-ops-iii-custom-maps-and-mods.1918035/

Back