Call of Duty: Black Ops III

Black Ops 3 Info Links:

Black Ops III - How to host a Dedicated server guide:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=814090509

Black Ops III Workshop guide:
Steam Community :: Guide :: Official: Call of Duty Black Ops III – How to Play – Workshop Guide

The Den Kirson board has a weapon statistics spreadsheet:
Black Ops III Weapon Stats by Marvel4

Current number of online Steam Players:
Online Black Ops III Players

The Black Ops III dot com has lots of great information:
CodBO3 Info

GeForce dot com has an excellent graphics and performance guide:
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Graphics & Performance Guide

Drift0r has several In Depth YouTube videos:
Drif0r videos

Guru3D has a graphics performance review:
Call of Duty: Black Ops III PC graphics performance benchmark review

Let me know if you want any links added.

Last edited:
I've played about 9 hours so far and have only had a few crashes to the desktop after the game ends and 1 server disconnect. I don't expect much in the first week of release so I'm not complaining.
I find the matchmaking works much better with all the current players online.
I seem to be pinging in the 40s in most games and haven't seen many high pingers, causing the excessive lag compensation to kick in.

Hopefully they'll come through with the dedicated server browser in April and allow some bot field fillers, like Global Offensive, so you don't end up with thousands of empty servers you can't start a game on.
Triple screen is actually playable for the first time without a third party add on, but the aspect ratio doesn't seem quite right yet.
I'm still tweaking my mouse settings, it doesn't feel smooth unless I'm running 120 FPS.

i'm having a shit ton of fun in multiplayer. launching the game is buggy for me though. it crashes about 1/3 of the time when i attempt to launch it. other than that, good fun :D

Having a lot of fun as well, running this on a Phenom II X6 w/ a Gtx 770 at 1440p @ around 45-65 fps. Performs well with this older hardware, having a lot of fun playing a Blops game again. It's been several years since I have considered picking up a Call of Duty.

Having a lot of fun as well, running this on a Phenom II X6 w/ a Gtx 770 at 1440p @ around 45-65 fps. Performs well with this older hardware, having a lot of fun playing a Blops game again. It's been several years since I have considered picking up a Call of Duty.

Count me in. Having a blast on multiplayer TDM. You guys can friend me on steam if you want. (Gorunova)

I played one MP game so I still haven't warmed up to it....since it's not the weekend.

What are the weapons like compared to AW?

Is there a Bal-27?

there's no weapon actually labeled "Bal-27". if you're asking if there's a gun that's overpowered i'd say not really in my experience (i haven't unlocked everything yet). the XR-2 is pretty powerful and the auto shotgun seems to be used by a ton of people, but i don't find either particularly overpowered.

I have played a couple hours of MP and have beat the Campaign. Took about five or so hours to do. A lot of cut scenes. I am frikin clueless as to WTF happened too. lol. So if someone wants to create a spoiler thread to talk about the campaign, I have one question, WTF happened.

I REALLY want to get this as I have very fond memories of playing all the modes in MP for COD4 MW. But what I'm most disappointed is how every year there's a new version and all the servers die. =/

I REALLY want to get this as I have very fond memories of playing all the modes in MP for COD4 MW. But what I'm most disappointed is how every year there's a new version and all the servers die. =/

I bought my copy from CDKeys for 34$. I figure if I put a hundred hours in this game and next year I have to spend another 34, its worth it. As far as the season pass, I am undecided.

So I guess I shouldn't have done my first play through on Hardened? I'm guessing that's why levels keep going so you can grind into the next tier ala NG+. Well either way it took longer than 7 hours that's for sure roughy 15 hours, still tons to unlock and progress with.

Things I noticed but can't help point out, it ripped off: Deus EX Human Revolution, Metro 2033, Warframe, and Titanfall, I'm sure there's more but the first three are beyond obvious if you have ever played any of them. It speaks volumes though, if they were really that worried about staying in the game they chose some good ones to steal from. The story is completely bonkers either way, I had fun; my frames aren't dipping anymore its time to get into Multiplayer!

After some more playing on multiplayer, I was thinking I was doing horrible, but after reviewing videos I captured, I'm not imagining it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH0akn-qfcA

I slowed the video down to 10%. I should have landed 3 pretty solid shots and 3 iffy shots with an assault rifle that, according to it's description, should kill in 2 shots. Yes, I'm not aiming down the sights, but I'm fairly close range here. We're talking a few feet. And the two shots I did land are not part of the 6 shots, and they reticle I placed on shows that the opponent isn't even anywhere near where I'm aiming when they did connect..

After some more playing on multiplayer, I was thinking I was doing horrible, but after reviewing videos I captured, I'm not imagining it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH0akn-qfcA

I slowed the video down to 10%. I should have landed 3 pretty solid shots and 3 iffy shots with an assault rifle that, according to it's description, should kill in 2 shots. Yes, I'm not aiming down the sights, but I'm fairly close range here. We're talking a few feet. And the two shots I did land are not part of the 6 shots, and they reticle I placed on shows that the opponent isn't even anywhere near where I'm aiming when they did connect..
Lag compensation has always been about giving those with a low ping a disadvantage so those with a high ping can feel special.

I'm really impressed with the GeForce dot com graphics and performance guide:
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/call-of-duty-black-ops-3-graphics-and-performance-guide

They have over 100 interactive comparisons.

Triple screen works great for Multiplayer and Zombies but it's unplayable in the Campaign mode Safe Room.

I bought an Xbox 360 controller and tried the split screen. If you set up an eyefinity group with 2 or 3 screens, each player uses half the total screen space. It has black bars at the top and bottom but it's not too bad. It seems stable now.

Last edited:
So what's the state of hacking in MP?

i saw the first person that raised my suspicion last night. he went 48-4 and he seemed to know exactly when i would be rounding a corner in every killcam i saw (obviously only when he killed me, not others). pretty damn far from definitive proof so he may have just been a great player (probably the case).

so 1 week in and i've ran across one player that was either hacking or just exceptionally better than me. about normal for any FPS for me.

Bout damn time they got the DLC to the PC. It's been out on PS4 for a month.

It's really really good I have to switch Guns on maps get a Machine Guns on the Big maps and you should do good.
The maps are way better then the ones that come with the game they not only look nice but are bigger except Sky Jacked which is a small map and I get wasted on it.

I let my 12 year old Nephew play my Steam account with a PS4 controller he puts anything I have to Shame =) I never seen anyone play as fast as him before......
He has a Ps4 at home with BLOPS III

Target i selling a box copy of COD BO3 for $22 in store pickup. Is this a good time to jump in ? It includes a steam key in the box.

I'd get it for $22. Lot of people playing it still and hacking is not bad at all. The game is great. I think this one will last a while.

cool i picked up last night at target for $22. The install is crazy long with 6 DVD disc. the install failed 50% way through and i had to download the rest through steam. It was like 47gb

Ya BOIII is actually really well done and seems to be doing fairly healthy.

should i get the Awakening DLC on steam ? Alot people say zombies is really good? I haven't had a chance to really play the game yet.

The DLC is good, but WHY THE FUCK don't they enable all the game modes? Really? I have to play hardcore mosh pit in order to maybe get a chance to place some hardcore TDM.

WTF.

The server browser and custom maps are working now for Multiplayer and Zombies on the PC version. There's already over 100 custom maps.
Select B to bring up the unranked server browser and select Multiplayer or Zombies. It will automatically subscribe and download the Custom map when you join the server.
To host a server you download the maps through the Black Ops III Steam community workshop. The maps will show up under Custom Maps. If you join a friends lobby that is hosting a custom map, it will automatically install it. I've already played 15 good Zombie maps. Killhouse Z and Shipment are crazy with the new Fracture multiplayer game mode.

Last edited:
anyone have any interest in what they've seen thus far in regards to Infinite Warfare?

more specifically the fact that it comes packaged with MW:Remastered

Almost forgot about the 4th DLC I haven't found ONE game for DLC 3

My friends and I play custom games with Veteran bots on all the DLC maps. When we get used to the maps we give the opposing team an extra player or 2, to keep things even. We're having fun with the Domination, Capture the Flag, Safeguard and Fracture game types.

anyone have any interest in what they've seen thus far in regards to Infinite Warfare?

more specifically the fact that it comes packaged with MW:Remastered
The E3 trailer reeled me in, with the fighting in space. Going to wait to see some non-beta gameplay to make a purchasing decision. I honestly couldn't care less about Modern Warfare Remastered.

The E3 trailer reeled me in, with the fighting in space. Going to wait to see some non-beta gameplay to make a purchasing decision. I honestly couldn't care less about Modern Warfare Remastered.
I think MW: Remastered looks like the coolest part, lol. I guess I just yearn for some more campy old school style MP shooter action. All the games now seem so fast paced. I like Battlefield 1 a good bit but even it feels soooo fast paced.

I'm definitely getting this. I've thoroughly enjoyed cod multiplayer sense BLOPS 2, cant beat the cod lols.

MW:remastered looks great. Only reason I'm considering buying this game.

Black Ops 3 is on sale until Nov.29 for $30 on Steam. It's well worth it now, with the over 400 custom maps and the separate server browser for custom games.
If you start a stock map with the Usermaps mod, your server becomes visible to everyone using the Server Browser, not just your Steam friends.

I've got more details on the custom maps I've tried in the Hard Gaming Community section: https://hardforum.com/threads/call-of-duty-black-ops-iii-custom-maps-and-mods.1918035/

Is there much of a community left? I had fun when I played this, might have to play it again if the custom maps have a community behind them.

Is there much of a community left? I had fun when I played this, might have to play it again if the custom maps have a community behind them.

There are already more people playing Black Ops 3 then Infinite Warfare.
6341 peak players today for BO3: http://steamcharts.com/app/311210
and 5361 peak players today for IW: http://steamcharts.com/app/292730
Modern Warfare remastered only had 1608 peak players today: http://steamcharts.com/app/393100

I think the BO3 community will start growing again, as people discover the custom maps and server browser.

Back