Both versions of MGS V coming to Steam.

Waiting for this shit to unlock the night before release is going to be excruciating.

Uncharted and Bloodborne are definitely never coming to PC, and the new Silent Hill is co-published by Sony so who knows.

He didn't mention either of those games, and Silent Hill I assumed would get ported seeing as Konami seems to be embracing PC. My point is that there are far fewer console exclusives these days that don't make it to PC and which of themselves warrant owning a console. Who knows whether Bloodborne is any good, and as to Uncharted....I have finished the previous three and whilst they are great games I wouldn't have bought a PS3 just to play them alone.

No, after MGS2 EVERYONE is lost. That was the most caddywompus mish-mash of of overcomplicated Japanese continuity I had experienced when I played it.

Then I played MGS4, which made MGS2 seem like a nursery rhyme...

Seriously, people: just play MGS3. It does not follow or need any of the other games to make sense. It's like a slightly more Japanese version of Platoon, it honestly should not be called MGS, it's so different to the other titles...

I agree, MGS3 was the best. The story went full retard in MGS2, but the game-play was great.

MGS1 is actually my favorite MGS game.

Still, if my computer can run MGS5, I'll get it.

Konami doesn't have a great history with PC ports. I'll be doing a wait and see approach with this. Probably will get the PS4 version if the PC version is a mess.

I have no reason to get a ps4 now. It's going to be great to play through the games with better anti aliasing and higher res. Too bad mgs iv will probably never get ported or remade.

How does control for the PC in MGS compare to the days of PSX? Is it fluent using kb/m?

How does control for the PC in MGS compare to the days of PSX? Is it fluent using kb/m?

Use a gamepad? These games don't require super precise control and have limited turning rates anyway. I imagine playing with a mouse could be very frustrating.

PS, The orginal psx game worked with the original non-analog controller.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/metal...ses-for-the-phantom-pain-unveiled/#more-72440

$20 for METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES on Steam.

MINIMUM:
OS: Windows Vista SP2 x64, Windows 7 x64, Windows 8 x64 (64-bit OS Required)
Processor: Core i5-4460 (3.40GHz) or better *Quad-Core or better
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 (4GB) or better (DirectX 11 graphics card required)
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 4 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card (Surround Sound 5.1)

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Core i7-4790 (4.00GHz) or better *Quad-Core or better
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (DirectX 11 graphics card required)
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 4 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card (Surround Sound 5.1)

I think the 4gb vram requirement is more telling of a poor port as seen in most games lately. But these prerelease requirements are usually way off.

the minimum specs requires a card with 4GB VRAM? :eek:

hope this is a good port...after AC: Unity, Far Cry 4 the last few weeks we're due for a quality PC port

the minimum specs requires a card with 4GB VRAM? :eek:

hope this is a good port...after AC: Unity, Far Cry 4 the last few weeks we're due for a quality PC port

A 4GB 650. Notice that recommended does not require 4GB of VRAM. So it's something specific to that fairly low-end GPU.

never played any of the MGS games but I'm leaning towards buying Ground Zeroes...can't beat the $20 price (even though I hear the game is short)...after doing some reading online apparently Ground Zeroes serves as a prologue to the upcoming Phantom Pain and these two titles form one combined work

the GeForce website had a nice writeup concerning the PC exclusive features and it looks pretty sweet...

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/gu...-ground-zeroes-graphics-and-performance-guide

So is this the demo one or the full game? I am so lost when it comes to MGS.

Also new BETA nvidia driver for this title out today.

Those requirements are way over the top.
Proof:
http://boards.++++++++++/v/thread/275997937
4chan is blocked?

I'm done. The game runs at steady 60 FPS all the time on high/medium settings for me, without any drops.

Controls work fine and mouse movement is great, except menus don't work with mouse, you gotta navigate them with keyboard.

I have an i7-920, GTX 660 and 8gb of RAM.
1418828393604w2s93.jpg

1418828643928spu9o.jpg

1418828724832u0jma.jpg

1418828799645z8juj.jpg

1418828873926okunf.jpg

1418829075134p2spl.jpg

more pics at 4chan, (if you fill in the address).
16:10 people should be happy.

BTW, this will more than likely be part of the Steam Winter sale, since they are not allowing pre orders and its being released on the same day the sale begins.
Same thing they did for Metal Gear Rising. Expect some discount, maybe 33%

BTW, this will more than likely be part of the Steam Winter sale, since they are not allowing pre orders and its being released on the same day the sale begins.
Same thing they did for Metal Gear Rising. Expect some discount, maybe 33%

not allowing pre-orders is definitely strange...so an additional 33% off the $19.99 price??...that would make this an easy buy for me

So is this the demo one or the full game? I am so lost when it comes to MGS.

Also new BETA nvidia driver for this title out today.

It's basically a paid demo. Its less then an hour long and is 20$ :/

The Phantom Pain is the full game releasing next year.

$20 doesn't seem like a bargain anymore with less then an hour of gameplay :(

I think it took me around 2 hours to beat the main mission on the XB1. There are a handful of other missions you can do, but they all take place in the same area. I'd guess all together it's anywhere between 5-7 hours depending on how you approach the missions. $20 feels like about the right price for it. It's and interesting introduction for Phantom Pain but really it's for the die-hard MGS fans. If it doesn't seem worth the price to you wait until Phantom Pain comes out, I'd be willing to bet that there will be a bundle with both titles at some point.

I think it took me around 2 hours to beat the main mission on the XB1. There are a handful of other missions you can do, but they all take place in the same area. I'd guess all together it's anywhere between 5-7 hours depending on how you approach the missions. $20 feels like about the right price for it. It's and interesting introduction for Phantom Pain but really it's for the die-hard MGS fans. If it doesn't seem worth the price to you wait until Phantom Pain comes out, I'd be willing to bet that there will be a bundle with both titles at some point.

so Phantom Pain will come with this prologue as the beginning of the game right?...or will it always be a separate game?

so Phantom Pain will come with this prologue as the beginning of the game right?...or will it always be a separate game?

I'd assume it will always be a separate thing though I'd bet on there being a bundle with both games at some point. I'm not sure how they'll deal with the relatively few things that happen in Ground Zeroes, it's something they could easily explain in a cut-scene. With it being Kojima it's really hard to say what he'll do.

Those requirements are way over the top.
Proof:

Ehm...makes me wonder why they're running some things at medium settings and 1680x1050 if it supposedly isn't that intensive. Guess we'll see.

EDIT: Also, according to nVidia, there is an "Extra High" setting as well.

Last edited:
is Revengeance (PC) worth playing to get a taste of the Metal Gear series or is it best to jump in with Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain?

Revengance doesn't really have gameplay like any of the other MGS games, so I'd say no.

Though, supposedly it is a fun game on its own merits.

never played any of the MGS games but I'm leaning towards buying Ground Zeroes...can't beat the $20 price (even though I hear the game is short)...after doing some reading online apparently Ground Zeroes serves as a prologue to the upcoming Phantom Pain and these two titles form one combined work

the GeForce website had a nice writeup concerning the PC exclusive features and it looks pretty sweet...

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/gu...-ground-zeroes-graphics-and-performance-guide

Informative article, it says vram tops out at 2270MB at 1080p and it doesn't effect performance even with a 2gb limited card.

Sounds good to me, though they probably should have made depth of field, a unknown form of post AA and screen space reflections separate togglable options.

I'm still curious if it's actually locked to 60fps or not.

Yeah, Revengeance was more of a frenetic over the top hack and slash compared to the slow paced sneaking and non-lethal combat of the previous MGS games. It also wasn't really helpful in addressing massive plot holes about Raidan between MGS2 and MGS4.

Probably better off just reading the Metal Gear wiki about the previous games, pretty much a necessity before starting a new sequel even if you have played the predecessors because of how atrociously convoluted they are.

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Games

On the whole 4GB VRAM issue: The system requirements from both Nvidia (listed in the article posted above by polonyc2) and on Steam state that the minimum GPU is the 2GB version of the GTX 650 so either Konami's information to DSOgaming had a typo or DSO themselves made a mistake in reprinting it. So it appears like that whole thing is nothing to worry about.

Informative article, it says vram tops out at 2270MB at 1080p and it doesn't effect performance even with a 2gb limited card.

Sounds good to me, though they probably should have made depth of field, a unknown form of post AA and screen space reflections separate togglable options.

I'm still curious if it's actually locked to 60fps or not.

There is a setting in the game menu to cap the FPS to 30 or 60. I wonder if people will find a way to unlock the frame rate and if they do how well it will work.

Last edited:
is Revengeance (PC) worth playing to get a taste of the Metal Gear series or is it best to jump in with Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain?

Love MGS. Love Revengeance. But as others have said they are completely different games from one another. If you consider timeline they probably have little connection anyways.

Order of MGS timeline from first to last...

MGS3
MGS: Peace Walker
MGS: Ground Zeroes
MGS: The Phantom Pain
MG (classic NES game)
MG2: Solid Snake
MGS1
MGS2
MGS4
MGR: Revengeance

Back