BLOODBORNE - Gamescom gameplay trailer

Hush, you!
Don't tarnish my sentence with a ubisoft product. I wont even give them the satisfaction of capitalizing their name.
It makes me feel dirty just thinking about it...

The last one was pretty. At least the screenshots are...

Just started playing this seriously and am having a blast. Made it to Father Gascigone, but have not killed him yet.

I need to play another run of Bloodborne soon in anticipation of the Old Hunter's DLC coming out soon...haven't played in months and I need to familiarize myself with the controls and gameplay again

Welps, looks like us PC Master Race types may be getting bloodborne... soonish...

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/80705/20150406/bloodborne-pc-release.htm

4Zh9qcZ.jpg

I think amazon.fr also had a listing for the game. some indications are that it may be put out this year....

yRLu4EY.jpg

Last edited:
Welps, looks like us PC Master Race types may be getting bloodborne... soonish...

what!...I bought a PS4 specifically for Bloodborne...luckily I also played and enjoyed Last of Us and the remastered Uncharted trilogy

I can't see Sony releasing this for PC...if that's the case then why not release Last of Us, Demon's Souls, Uncharted etc for PC

I'd much rather play the game (again) on the PC. While still nice looking, the 30fps thing got old. Give me a PC port on par with Dark Souls and toss in the DLC and I'll buy it again.

Meh not going to happen, Sony owns the studio and Demon Souls never came out for PC. We see steam development projects all the time from major console titles. Halo 1, 2, 3 have been on there for years but nothing has been done with them yet.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/80705/20150406/bloodborne-pc-release.htm

4Zh9qcZ.jpg

I think amazon.fr also had a listing for the game. some indications are that it may be put out this year....

yRLu4EY.jpg

PLEASE BE TRUE!(It's not) Will double dip. Yes indeed.
Love your source, btw. lol

EDIT: actually I knew I've seen that site before. On further searching, this is dead in the water.
That article is from Apr, which is exactly when the last freak out about a PC port happened, so this is exactly that.
Sadly, PC Bloodborne is not happening.

Last edited:
Meh not going to happen, Sony owns the studio and Demon Souls never came out for PC. We see steam development projects all the time from major console titles. Halo 1, 2, 3 have been on there for years but nothing has been done with them yet.

Street Fighter 5, but thats a very specific thing.

Last edited:
Yep, looks like a bogus old article, and everything is questionable after that. From is having a launch event for their DLC/GOTY this month. If anything is going to happen we should hear about it by then.

FROM isn't owned by Sony either.

Well they're the publisher so close enough. I wouldn't doubt Sony will look to acquire them soon like they did Naughty Dog. Microsoft did practically the same thing with Bungie until Bungie got acquired by Activision but MS retained rights to the Halo IP,

Originally, Sony published Demon's Souls only in Japan and asia and has complete or at least joint ownership of the Demon's Souls name. They did not develop the game, From Software did that.

Once word of mouth passed around that the game had full english text and dubbing, is not region locked, and is a really good game: people started importing it and spreading good words about it, around the internet. I was one of the people, who caught that early wave.

Due to good sales in asia and newfound hype around the world: From went back to Sony to publish in North America and Europe. Sony passed on it.

Atlus (god bless them) picked up publishing for North America and Bandai/Namco got the European publishing rights.

The game went on to be a veritable sleeper hit. From went back to Sony again, about making a sequel. Sony STILL passed on it and stubbornly held onto the name rights, for further development.

From Software created the Dark Souls name and made a spiritual sequel. Self published in Japan and secured worldwide publishing funds elsewhere (Bamco, again.)

Sony realized they made a mistake with how they handled Demon's Souls. They have public quotes about this.

There aren't quotes for what happened next, but it's easy to connect the dots:

Sony wanted a piece of the pie. Went back to From Software and asked them to make a game for them with heavy Souls influence. But out of respect for what From Software built with the Dark Souls name----they would not use the Demon's Souls name, again.

Bloodborne, was born.

Sony will not ever release a PC version of Demon's Souls.

Bloodborne is their baby.

Dark Souls has done SUPER well on PC. Estimates say it has matched or maybe even exceeded combined console sales. Bloodborne is Sony's reaction to Dark Souls and would be smart to continue trying to copy that success. I would not be surprised AT ALL, if a PC port happens.....has always been planned.

Last edited:
Dark Souls has done SUPER well on PC. Estimates say it has matched or maybe even exceeded combined console sales. Bloodborne is Sony's reaction to Dark Souls and would be smart to continue trying to copy that success. I would not be surprised AT ALL, if a PC port happens.....has always been planned.

I don't see it happening...I respect Sony for sticking to their guns and not releasing their PS exclusives on any other platform...they could have made a shitload of $$ with PC ports of Uncharted, Last of Us, Bloodborne etc but want to keep creating value for the PlayStation name...once you start opening up the flood gates to PC, then you devalue your brand

or maybe that's just me hoping Bloodborne never comes to PC to make my purchase of a PS4 worth it :D

or maybe that's just me hoping Bloodborne never comes to PC to make my purchase of a PS4 worth it :D

if you enjoyed the game, then that is it, it was worth it. as said, ps4 has lots of other great games. I myself was considering it, and probably would have if demon souls was also available for it. but for me it did not make sense for just one game.

I own a PS4, which I bought (more or less) just for a few exclusive titles like Uncharted 4 and Bloodborne.
If they could make a PC version of either of those games, I'd double dip in a heartbeat. I've written off this generation of consoles and only play exclusives when I have to. They got my money, I'd much rather give them less of it moving forward :p

if you enjoyed the game, then that is it, it was worth it. as said, ps4 has lots of other great games. I myself was considering it, and probably would have if demon souls was also available for it. but for me it did not make sense for just one game.

Bloodborne alone might not have been worth buying a PS4 but since I also played Last of Us and the remastered Uncharted trilogy it's definitely worth it now :D

Upcoming Bloodborne patch adds new band of Hunters called The League
http://www.vg247.com/2015/11/05/bloodborne-patch-the-league-ps4/

The group is led by a mysterious fellow who wears “constable’s garb and bucket helmet.”

According to a post over at the PS Blog, players can align themselves with The League and assist other players online in the game. They can also compete on The League’s online rankings leaderboard.

Players will also be able to use The League cane and summon co-op NPCs within the game when needed.

The update will be made available for all Bloodborne players.

Also noted in the PS Blog post was a new weapon coming with The Older Hunters called the Holy Moonlight Sword. You can see the sword in one of the screenshots below, both of which are from the DLC. It releases on November 24 and will run you $19.99

A new covenant?
Seems like the Way of Blue in DS2. I wonder if it tosses you an NPC if it can't find a real player.
This is good. Bloodborne has a huge deficit in the factions department...

Hell of a good deal. If anyone has been on the fence, it's probably not going to get any cheaper than that. At least not until the GOTY mack-daddy edition hits.

busy gaming month...gotta prioritize what I want to play...Fallout 4 or Old Hunters DLC...with Battlefront on the fringes as well

Been playing this game every evening for the past couple of weeks. Replaying actually. Left it off months ago unfinished. Started a new game and am enjoying it much more this time around! Tonight I was leveling up, clearing areas I had already conquered. Farming blood stone shards and admiring the detail in the art and environments. It really is stunning how much attention to detail is packed into the visuals and the art work. And the fluid motion quality coupled with tight, responsive combat. The old debate, are video games an art form? needs to consider Bloodborne!

I finished NG+, but stopped at the Defiled Amygdala a few months ago.
I need to get back to and platinum(1 trophy left) this game, now is an excellent time. I think I may just start a new char/run for the DLC.

I finished NG+, but stopped at the Defiled Amygdala a few months ago.
I need to get back to and platinum(1 trophy left) this game, now is an excellent time. I think I may just start a new char/run for the DLC.

I got the Platinum trophy during my initial playthrough... :) ...I haven't played in months so I need to re-familiarize myself with the mechanics before the DLC

anyone know what time the patch will be released tomorrow?...does Sony do their PS4 patching at a certain time?...I want to start a new playthrough so I'll be ready for the new DLC on Tuesday

anyone know what time the patch will be released tomorrow?...does Sony do their PS4 patching at a certain time?...I want to start a new playthrough so I'll be ready for the new DLC on Tuesday

It's going up during their normal maintenance time, not PSN time.
So between the hours of their normal weekly maintenance, which is shown on the motd when you login to the game (or choose 'information' on the main menu).

It's going up during their normal maintenance time, not PSN time.
So between the hours of their normal weekly maintenance, which is shown on the motd when you login to the game (or choose 'information' on the main menu).

just checked...Maintenance is on November 20th from 2am to 6am (EST)

Humm, finally beat Rom. I soloed Rom but had to have help with the hunter at the top of the stairs. Now I am in the Unseen Village. What a nightmare this place is. This is as far as I took the game on my first play through. This time I got smart and run past most enemies looking for the way out and the boss. The one that drops from the blood red moon. I don't think he well give me as much trouble as Rom. I think the hunters are more trouble. There are 3 of them in the church. It's ridiculous, I can't beat 3 hunters! I just want to get outa here and see what else the game has to offer.

Looks like you're gonna keep running past them... or

'Searching for a chime of a resonant bell...'

It works better at the lamp, before the area with the 3 hunters.
I'd help you, but my guy is lvl 228

Last edited:
There are 3 of them in the church. It's ridiculous, I can't beat 3 hunters! I just want to get outa here and see what else the game has to offer.

I ran back to the previous area...they don't all follow you and you can pick them off 1 v 1 inside that room before that church area...hard to describe exactly because it's been a few months since I last played but I remember those 3 hunters being a pain in the ass to deal with

I was exploring the Unseen Village, mostly to open any short cuts and pick up any useful items. But now I have resorted to running from the lamp above the church to the boss fog gate. I don't think he will be as hard as Rom. I had him down to 1/4 life on my 3rd attempt, using the Ax+7. If it was enhanced with fire or bolt I probably would have won.

I was exploring the Unseen Village, mostly to open any short cuts and pick up any useful items. But now I have resorted to running from the lamp above the church to the boss fog gate. I don't think he will be as hard as Rom. I had him down to 1/4 life on my 3rd attempt, using the Ax+7. If it was enhanced with fire or bolt I probably would have won.

Don't forget to take out the 4 bell freaks up top, that heal the boss, before you take it on.

Don't forget to take out the 4 bell freaks up top, that heal the boss, before you take it on.

You can take those guys out? I knew there was someone above me shooting fire balls, but I didn't know you could take them out, or that they healed the boss.

started a new playthrough last night to re-familiarize myself with the mechanics, controls etc...this game is the most punishing 'Souls' game in that it plays so differently from any of the previous Souls games and it takes me some time to re-familiarize myself with it...not having any shield and having to use that dodge/step-back move is really a major change that takes some getting used to

I was kicking ass 6 months ago but now I'm dying to Cleric Beast, Gascoigne and even regular enemies

Back