BLOODBORNE - Gamescom gameplay trailer

Something is going down... I was kicked off last night for "maintenance", but I just tried signing in this morning, and the servers are still not available

So lame. I just started NG++ and want to help people co-op. Guess I'll find something else to play till then...

So lame. I just started NG++ and want to help people co-op. Guess I'll find something else to play till then...

you sure you want to help people co-op or looking for help? :D ...why would you stop playing because you couldn't help someone else for?

almost finished my 2nd playthrough of the DLC (both times on regular NG)...4 out of the 5 bosses are now fairly easy but damn Orphan Kos is a major annoyance...here are some of my boss kill videos for Ludwig and Laurence...treating Ludwig like Sif makes the first half of the fight easy...2nd half is tougher because it's harder to get behind him...Laurence only gives me trouble in the 2nd half as well...mostly because I'm playing it safe because he can 1 shot with his power shot move...I had him down to around 10% health and used up around 12 health viles during that time...

Ludwig
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDRivT7Lpj8

Laurence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGQIVqKLyJ4

Just parry Kos until 2nd phase then use a fast weapon and poke him to death. Never lock on except to parry, use a faster weapon.

Just parry Kos until 2nd phase then use a fast weapon and poke him to death. Never lock on except to parry, use a faster weapon.

Ludwig's Holy Blade is a pretty fast weapon...I'll try not locking on...he's just too wild and unpredictable in the 2nd phase with most of his moves so it's hard to get the timing down...I beat him before but don't remember what I did

you sure you want to help people co-op or looking for help? :D ...why would you stop playing because you couldn't help someone else for?

I beat the game twice already. This play through is for fighting bosses over and over.
Do you guys not online or something? Why is this an odd concept? ALL I do is fight bosses over and over. I move to the next level when I get bored of that boss. I've probably fought Living Failures over 20 times already. I have over 40 vermin.

I beat the game twice already. This play through is for fighting bosses over and over.
Do you guys not online or something? Why is this an odd concept? ALL I do is fight bosses over and over. I move to the next level when I get bored of that boss. I've probably fought Living Failures over 20 times already. I have over 40 vermin.

I never go past NG+...not worth the grind...I prefer to start a NG and have done that a lot with all the Souls games...the multiplayer PvP sucks in Bloodborne so I haven't really messed with it too much (and I love PvP in the other Souls games)...I don't replay the games to help people over and over with bosses, I like the PvP aspect

a new patch 1.08 is downloading now...looks like a fix for the server issues...

Edit: game still starts in offline mode even after the 1.08 patch with the same 'undergoing maintenance' message

Last edited:
Yeah just ring your small beckoning bell at the beginning of any area you've completed. Make your way in, if you're bored. In the DLC area, I was getting picked up in all 3 areas in seconds. So many people are playing, I'm constantly in 3 man teams. Did a run with 3 Wolfmen in the fisherman area, (beast transformation is super strong if you have built beast claws they are sick), that was really fun and quite the surprise. You dont ever get this kind of gameplay not doing the co-op and it is really fun doing an mmo-ish "raid" in a souls game. Either way, I'm level 240, so I'm going to NG+++ or higher games it seems. There are plenty of people playing at the higher levels, if anyone was wondering.

If you dont want to go through the stages, ring your bell in front of boss rooms. It's a quick way to get vermin, if you are in the League, which is probably the point.

finally defeated Kos in my 2nd playthrough...I think his 2nd stage is actually a bit easier then the 1st stage as he leaves himself open more and his attacks can be telegraphed easier...but with him some luck is necessary as well...parrying actually does work pretty well as naticus stated earlier but when you miss the parry it leaves you open to free attacks so I devised my own strategy of moving forward into his attacks as much as possible (especially the jump attack he does)...

me vs Kos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD-Le86dbg0

finally defeated Kos in my 2nd playthrough...I think his 2nd stage is actually a bit easier then the 1st stage as he leaves himself open more and his attacks can be telegraphed easier...but with him some luck is necessary as well...parrying actually does work pretty well as naticus stated earlier but when you miss the parry it leaves you open to free attacks so I devised my own strategy of moving forward into his attacks as much as possible (especially the jump attack he does)...

me vs Kos

Nice vid. It's crazy to see how different the game can be played by different people.

Did you guys know beast transform gives you invulnerability from falls? The Beast Embrace rune. You can fall anywhere that isn't an instant death(like elevators and falling off the stairs in the research lab).

Mother f'er. Think I'm fairly close to the end. Just found out you can sprint lol. I've been rolling like crazy everywhere.

Thanks for letting me know about the co-op bell thing -- I don't know if I glossed over it or they never explained it well. I mostly play offline, and just recently started (Christmas) so I saw the NPC bells from the start and just figured that PC summons worked the same way. Don't have Old Hunters yet (the game was a gift, they didn't know about the different editions), but I'll probably get it soon since my understanding is I'm reaching the end of the main game. If I'm reading the above right, Old Hunters would actually give me more NPC summon signs? Kind of like how the DLC gave you more in Dark Souls 2 I guess.

I killed Amygdala on my second try last night, so One Reborn and Logarius are next.

Pretty sure I already screwed up the "good ending" by not getting enough of a certain item (don't want to spoil it for anyone) but I'll play through and see what I can.

Are the Chalice dungeons worth it? I generally find them really boring, but I know some items are there exclusively. It just feels like such a slog, super repetitive, with the same rooms reused and all.

Also, I realize I should probably take all this elsewhere, since this isn't the Bloodborne thread...

me vs Kos

That shit was so stressful -- even though I knew you were going to pull it off. Maybe I don't need the DLC after all -- my heart may not be able to take it.

Thanks for letting me know about the co-op bell thing -- I don't know if I glossed over it or they never explained it well. I mostly play offline, and just recently started (Christmas) so I saw the NPC bells from the start and just figured that PC summons worked the same way. Don't have Old Hunters yet (the game was a gift, they didn't know about the different editions), but I'll probably get it soon since my understanding is I'm reaching the end of the main game. If I'm reading the above right, Old Hunters would actually give me more NPC summon signs? Kind of like how the DLC gave you more in Dark Souls 2 I guess.

I killed Amygdala on my second try last night, so One Reborn and Logarius are next.

Pretty sure I already screwed up the "good ending" by not getting enough of a certain item (don't want to spoil it for anyone) but I'll play through and see what I can.

Are the Chalice dungeons worth it? I generally find them really boring, but I know some items are there exclusively. It just feels like such a slog, super repetitive, with the same rooms reused and all

you don't need the DLC to receive the Old Hunter bell...you get it with Patch 1.07...you can pick up the bell in Hunter's Dream in the same area you chose your original weapons at the start of the game...and yes you get many more summon signs with it...

http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Old+Hunters

I didn't find Amygdala and One Reborn all that difficult but Logarius was a major pain...took me many tries to beat him...his moves are so quick and is hard to get away from...the 'secret' ending is nice because you get to fight an extra boss

the Chalice Dungeons are fun for awhile but I also thought they got repetitive...they do have some new bosses along with some recycled ones with different move-sets...it's great running through them once to get to the Yharnam, Pthumerian Queen boss...you should look online to see which dungeons you need to do to get to her as you only need to complete certain ones (not all of them)...look up which items you need and the order to complete them

That shit was so stressful -- even though I knew you were going to pull it off. Maybe I don't need the DLC after all -- my heart may not be able to take it.

if you loved the base game then you'll love the DLC...more challenging but a lot of fun...you also get more weapons and gear exclusive to the DLC

Last edited:
Are the Chalice dungeons worth it? I generally find them really boring, but I know some items are there exclusively. It just feels like such a slog, super repetitive, with the same rooms reused and all.

Beast Claw and Gems.
And Beast Claw is deep in a lvl 4 dungeon.
I tried to ignore the Chalice dungeons in my 2 and 3rd play through, but without some gems, my weapons felt too weak for end-game areas. Invaders will rip you apart without some gems.

Yeah its a slog, especially on additional play throughs. Probably the weakest part of the game, but with the most recent patch, tolerable since the standard dungeons are now globally shared and co op is actually feasible now since everyone shares the same glyph on those dungeons.

The same gylph?

When you make a CD, there is that check box on the left that says "Shared Fixed Dungeon". It's on by default. What that means is that that particular dungeon, if you generate it, is the same one everyone else gets if they also leave that option enabled, for that particular CD. The glyph is the same for those. You will notice if you make a custom dungeon, or remove that checkmark, the dungeon will have a different glyph "code".

Basically, if someone wants to join your dungeon, they need to generate their CD in their world, using the same glyph code as the one you generated. This is how it was done in the past, you had to do the "Chalice Dungeon Search" option and pick one to do multiplayer. But how many people choose that dungeon and not the others? Convoluted and not very intuitive to say the least. After they added the Shared Fixed Dungeon option, now everyone can basically choose to generate a CD with a "public" code that everyone has by default, which increases the population of co op-able players for that "glyph". Also because Root CD's are in fact random, this option is not available for Root CD's.

Make sense? :)

Woot, beat this at last tonight. Finally read a guide when I was near the end, and had to go back and do a bunch of optional/secret crap I missed before beating the final bosses. Freakin awesome game. Real shame it's not on pc with high res and 60+fps.

Not sure if I can handle the Old Hunter's though lol. Some of those f'ers in the main game took like 20 tries for me.

I was a little let down when I beat The One Reborn on the first try, solo with no bells used.

Just Chikaged it to death, easy fight.

Wondering whether I should bother with the Chalice dungeons before I beat the game.

I was a little let down when I beat The One Reborn on the first try, solo with no bells used.

Just Chikaged it to death, easy fight.

Wondering whether I should bother with the Chalice dungeons before I beat the game.

Might as well start it now, because the higher you level, the first few CD's will be ridiculously easy. I'm talking beating bosses in 4-5 hits, and just being bored out of your mind one-shotting everything.

Finally beat this game. Just now rolled the credits. How's the DLC, other than hard?

Best DLC I've played in a long time. The new weapons are SICK. One is basically a chainsaw. Every boss battle is satisfying, and the Music is a step up from the main game. Lady Maria(Sounds like Sir Alonne from DS2 DLC) and Ludwig's tracks are classic. The first time you see what happens in the Living Failures battle will blow you away.

Last edited:
Best DLC I've played in a long time. The new weapons are SICK. One is basically a chainsaw. Every boss battle is satisfying, and the Music is a step up from the main game. Lady Maria(Sounds like Sir Alonne from DS2 DLC) and Ludwig's tracks are classic. The first time you see what happens in the Living Failures battle will blow you away.

May as well check it out, playing NG+ now anyway. And the game really is great, classic material.

From Software is one of the only developers that makes DLC worth buying a Season Pass for

Last edited:
last year at this time the Bloodborne hype was in full swing...I wasn't planning on getting it since I didn't own a PS4 but at the last minute I decided to buy one just for Bloodborne!...was well worth the investment

I bought this game [and I can tell it's awesome]... I don't know how you guys do it. Something just isn't right, it's like it's running at 30FPS, but it's running at 15FPS, it's awful. The game's graphics could be even uglier and I wouldn't care, I just want to get medieval on someone but my eyes hurt. I watched a video that shows that it's running at a solid 30FPS but that there are some frame time issues that contribute to what I'm seeing and it has been a year and they've not fixed that so I guess I better get drunk to dull my senses before playing. I really wish they would make more compromises to get these games running faster.

Bloodborne is the first 'this-gen' console game I bought outside of the PS3 remasters I have that run awesome (Drake Collection, Last of Us, Heavy Rain, psychic ghost game with that Ellen girl, I hope this level of performance isn't want consoles games have gone to just to get to their current level of visual fidelity. If I didn't have surround sound then I wouldn't be able to properly react to the inevitable ambushes.

The frame pacing is jacked up so it feels worse than 30fps even though the game does indeed render 30fps almost all of the time. Took me a while to stop noticing it.

The frame pacing is jacked up so it feels worse than 30fps even though the game does indeed render 30fps almost all of the time. Took me a while to stop noticing it.

I can't tell that it's 30 fps, neither do I notice the frame-pacing.
How close to the screen do you sit?
When I used to game on the PC, I noticed every little hitch and stutter and anything <60 fps was literal eye-cancer; however, I only game on my PS3/PS4 + TV now and I don't really notice a difference (while gaming), if I stop to look then yeah, but it's not nearly as bad as what I remember from gaming on the PC. If I sit closer to the TV though, I definitely find 30 fps a jarring experience.

Tbh, I think the whole fps debate is way overblown and there are many more variables than just raw fps to take into account (screen size, viewing distance, refresh rate, input lag, eyesight, etc...).

From Software is the one of the only developers that makes DLC worth buying a Season Pass for

A season pass for one DLC? haha....

If the "PS 4.5" rumors are true, it'd be interesting to see how much better (if at all) Bloodborne plays on it. Not that I can afford to re-buy the system.

Going through my first playthrough now. I always put this game on the back burner because people would tell me how hard it is. Either I'm really good at the game or people over exaggerate. I'm about 3/4ths through the game now and I've one shot 4 bosses and none of the other bosses took me more than three tries. I just was patient and studied the bosses as I fought them. I mean sure I've died more times than I can count overall, but this game is still easily one of my favorite games of all time. Anyone who is in the same boat as I was with the thought that the game would be too difficult I'd give it a shot. The very beginning can be a little rough as you get used to everything, but once your acclimated the game becomes quite a bit easier and very fun.

But then again, maybe I'm just some Bloodborne prodigy. :cool:;)

Bloodborne recreated in Unreal Engine

Simon Barle is an environment artist over at DICE, and in his spare time, he likes to blow your mind with how stunning his work is...his most recent project is fan art of Bloodborne’s Hunter’s Dream built in Unreal Engine 4, and it looks amazing...

Back