BLOODBORNE - Gamescom gameplay trailer

Demon Souls is the best console game of the past generation. This looks awesome as well. But seriously, fuck exclusives. If I had to bet money, based on what we know currently, I'd say this would be worth the cost of a ps4 to play. I just hate that its going to be held hostage..Shit would be glorious on PC.

I'm not thrilled about buying a PS4 just to play one game , believe me. But on the other hand, lack of PC version means we avoid all the self-entitled snark that would undoubtedly fill comments sections: "OH look another shitty port" ... "Why is this coming out so soon after Dark Souls 2, they're just milking it now" ... "I'll just wait 'til its $5 on Steam" ... "Wait didn't they lie about DS2 graphics and you guys are giving them your money again, LOL sheep"... You know, the usual broad brush dumb.

Its one of those rare titles that makes me not care its exclusive. Miyazaki game = play it at all costs.. Hell, if this was an Xbone exclusive, I'd actually buy an Xbone. That's how highly I think of a Miyazaki game - I'd actually degrade myself to buying a console that I'd hate myself for.

Last edited:
Haha, I have to admit I would also buy an xbox, if necessary, to play Bloodborne.

Luckily, we don't need to.

The Chalice Dungeon
Procedurally generated dungeon(It is the only one in the game), multiplayer demonstration with live commentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEv7ZHytVAk&spfreload=10

eQKlenh.gif

Last edited:
'Bloodborne' Is A Dark And Brutal Successor To 'Dark Souls'...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai...is-a-dark-and-brutal-successor-to-dark-souls/

"So far this feels like a worthy successor to the Souls games, and one that, for all its changes, may as well still be part of that series in its own weird way...I can’t wait to play more...I can‘t say yet whether I like it as much or more than Dark Souls or Demon’s Souls...I admit, I miss my shield...But it certainly appears to be shaping up into something every bit as brilliant as those games"

Demons Souls pulled me in far more than Dark Souls for some reason.
I think the answer is somewhere in how Demon's Souls is frequently dark and sinister. Whereas, Dark Souls is gloomy and depressing. The former tends to be more immediately and broadly compelling. I spent much of Dark Souls thinking "What a shame, how the mighty and glorious, have fallen". In Demon's Souls I was just like "Oh my gawd, what evil am I going to see next!" and the times when Demon's Souls is gloomy, it's a bit of a trick. For around the next corner or in the next cave, is surely some sinister shit.

I liked them about equally. Both are among my top 5 from last generation.

Demons was consistently good. I especially liked the first 3 worlds, but 4 and 5 were still quality.

Dark Souls had incredible moments but some really boring and poorly designed areas, like Demon Ruins/Lost Izaleth. I didn't like the library/crystal cave either.

That Bloodborn gif is great.

HNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGG!!!!!!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/12/17/new-details-on-bloodborne-chalice-dungeons/
Chalice Dungeons add a ton of additional content and replay value to the depth and richness of the full game itself, and can even be uploaded for other people to try out. Share your dungeons with your friends, or go online to find new Chalice Dungeons to explore. Even after you master the game, discovering all of the secrets it has to offer, there will be new challenges awaiting you.

16042273492_c46782385ycuwe.jpg

15423322523_2dde6d87etmujj.jpg

16017202926_2b43048bdghu8d.jpg

16042272012_b7d1a1e0breulb.jpg

15855534958_54b702e82wauw9.jpg

15423322273_3863f5c210au3u.jpg

January, February, March....

OK OK......

I read this will get 60 Frames per second everytime I play Dark Souls 2 my eyes feel like shit afterwards PC and PS3.

I read this will get 60 Frames per second everytime I play Dark Souls 2 my eyes feel like shit afterwards PC and PS3.

I wouldn't count on 60 fps for this. All of the early builds show unstable framerates, typical of Fromsoftware. Even with Sony supposedly collaborating on tech development. There will have to be some miraculous optimizing between now and release. It would be great, though!

Not....gonna.....do....it.....

I saw a picture of the stats screen. It looks lovely.

Interesting that one of the new stats is "bloodtinge"

Also has anyone confirmed that you're obtaining souls from killed enemies? it's obviously the same mechanic and there's a counter showing when you get them and how many you get

hopefully the Bloodborne-to-PC petitions and uproar will get FROM Software to bring it to PC...they can skip the Xbox version and just bring it to PC...unlikely but I can hope

hopefully the Bloodborne-to-PC petitions and uproar will get FROM Software to bring it to PC...they can skip the Xbox version and just bring it to PC...unlikely but I can hope

That is not going to happen, unlike past games Sonys Studio Japan has a role in the development/publishing so it's only going to be on PS4.

I bet it comes out for the PC about a Year later...... I think it's funny that Demon's souls is less popular then the original Dark Souls the reason? It was on the X-box 360....while Demon's Souls wasn't

I bet it comes out for the PC about a Year later...... I think it's funny that Demon's souls is less popular then the original Dark Souls the reason? It was on the X-box 360....while Demon's Souls wasn't

Sony owns the name Demon's Souls just like they own Bloodborne. Sorry it's not coming. "From Software" did Dark Souls separate from Sony. You might get some "spiritual succor like Demon to Dark Souls (Dark Borne :p) but sorry, this is PS4 exclusive for a very long time.

The utter lack of AA is breaking my eye balls in two. If there was a PC version I'd pass on this one.

But since there won't be I'm getting it. Lacking AA be damned. Still looks super fun.

March 24... well the day will arrive eventually. Give me time to finish Metroid Prime on my Gamecube.

I haven't pre ordered. But I have lots of stores here in Seattle to chose from. The last time I couldn't buy a game for being sold out was World of Warcraft. I was even able to get Halo 2 at my local 7-11. I don't think it will be a problem finding Bloodborne.

The utter lack of AA is breaking my eye balls in two. If there was a PC version I'd pass on this one.

But since there won't be I'm getting it. Lacking AA be damned. Still looks super fun.

Yeah, seriously. It's not like SMAA is tough for the GPU......................

The slow framerate is a real bummer, but I guess if there's no other version I don't have much choice. I'll probably just play with interpolation turned on to fake it.
3/24 is the same day as GTA5 for the PC so I've decided just just take that day off of work.
I assume you'll be able to day 1 download this on the PSN, right?

I just hope I can summon two players at the Boss when I get stuck on one. Hope it doesn't require a Rare item that only spawns on the weekends.

So I went to look at pre ordering this online through the ps store, do thy not have any pre order bonus?

Amazon has top hat messengers.

Gamestop has top hat + bandage

and I see another "Fedora" but I can't find it anywhere.

I just hope I can summon two players at the Boss when I get stuck on one. Hope it doesn't require a Rare item that only spawns on the weekends.

I smell a Destiny joke.
Is this a Destiny joke?

I think the online for BB is set to 6 players, like DS2:SOTFS.

Master race here but I'm actually looking forward to getting the PS4 to play this, then play TLoU remastered and eventually sell the whole mess. I wonder how many other people are getting PS4's just to serve as a glorified Bloodborne-player. :)

Master race here but I'm actually looking forward to getting the PS4 to play this, then play TLoU remastered and eventually sell the whole mess. I wonder how many other people are getting PS4's just to serve as a glorified Bloodborne-player. :)

right here lol

though I'm looking forward to No Man's Sky as well

This game and Uncharted 4 are the only reasons I have bothered to keep mine.
I assume there will eventually be some more reasons to have one, but the devs need to stop making ports of last-gen games to finally move this generation forward.

Back