BFG PhyX Available

so im sifting through all the thread crapping and flaming, yet i STILL dont see anyone saying anything about their experiences with this card so far.

Someone said they recieved this card, so obviously they recieved the demo DVD. So how about you do all the naysayers a favor and give us a description of what kinda cool stuff is on that DVD and what we can look forward to.

soekev said:
Let's see some BF2 support!

well bf2 doesnt look like it needs when my body flies and tanks blow up i dont really see a hit(or any) in performance.

tvdang7 said:
well bf2 doesnt look like it needs when my body flies and tanks blow up i dont really see a hit(or any) in performance.
yeah, but artillery could make craters and have so much more awesomeness ;)

z3r0- said:
Why would you want a smaller cooler just because it can handle it? The 7900gt and GTX aren't very different other than ram and clocks yet the price difference is over 200 dollars. You're complaining that for over 200 dollars more they throw in a dual slot heat pipe cooler that is better than any other retail air cooler for GPUs? Get a clue.

Also 7900s still get very hot even with the smaller process. The dual slot monster cooler insures that some retard won't put them in a case with no airflow and RMA 2 weeks later because they constantly overheat.

No, I am not complaining that for over $200 more they throw in a dualsot cooler, for $200 more I would expect a dualslot cooler....

But you are missing the point, you dont even have one, yet you seem to know how hot they run....

The very very few ppl out there who have one all say that they run uber cool, mid 30s idle and 60 max.

So you are telling me that a single slot cooler wouldnt work and would kill the card ?

Also, once the retailer sells there card, its upto the retard that has bought one to do with it as he pleases, if he decides to put it in a case with no airflow or whatever then thats his problem, not nvidias or the manufacturer...

Those cards werent designed to be used in small cases and anyone who puts it in one is asking for a huge temp increase inside the case...

I think, it is you who has'nt got a clue ;)

Dualslot cooling isnt something that we should want to get used to, If there is a single slot equivelant cooler that can do the same job, then what is the big deal ?

Or is it, the bigger the cooler some ppl have, they think it magically transforms into a bigger dick ?

Is it just me, or does anyone else on these forums, think that certain longtime members can speak down to n00bies just because they have been here longer? Not every n00bie as this forum likes to call them, is pc illiterate...

Some of the gawds on the other hand, are, and basically know shit apart from what they have stoled from g00gle.. Also just because they have been here for a while, they seem to feel safe in flamein n00bies, when there is a clash of opinions etc. I honestly thought this site was different, but since Ive been lurking for the last months or so after joining, there are many many bullshiters on these forums, mainly college kids who have maybe had one pc in there entire life, and because they know how to work that pc, it MUST transpire into the same thing with every other pc about...

No first hand experience whatsoever with the technology they speak off, but yet, they claim to be able to tell you everything about said technology, even tho they havent even set eyes on it....

g00gle is a wonderful thing when trying to bullshit...

Lurk more post less, post count and gawd status doesnt mean that you actually know anything, on the contrary, It means you are good at spam...

zero, dont take this post to specifically mean you, there is many more ppl on these forums that fit into that category with ya....

ryanmw said:
so im sifting through all the thread crapping and flaming, yet i STILL dont see anyone saying anything about their experiences with this card so far.

Someone said they recieved this card, so obviously they recieved the demo DVD. So how about you do all the naysayers a favor and give us a description of what kinda cool stuff is on that DVD and what we can look forward to.

I never got a demo dvd with mine, I got my card from an OEM manufacturer after hunting for a supplier, they sent the card to me in a nameless cardboard box, with no drivers and no demo dvd ?

I had to get drivers from Ageias website...

EVIL-SCOTSMAN said:
Is it just me, or does anyone else on these forums, think that certain longtime members can speak down to n00bies just because they have been here longer? Not every n00bie as this forum likes to call them, is pc illiterate...

Some of the gawds on the other hand, are, and basically know shit apart from what they have stoled from g00gle.. Also just because they have been here for a while, they seem to feel safe in flamein n00bies, when there is a clash of opinions etc. I honestly thought this site was different, but since Ive been lurking for the last months or so after joining, there are many many bullshiters on these forums, mainly college kids who have maybe had one pc in there entire life, and because they know how to work that pc, it MUST transpire into the same thing with every other pc about...

We're not all like that. ;)

EVIL-SCOTSMAN said:

I am curious... Do you think I commented on your statement because of this?

Ockie said:
Ouch, thats a little pricey...

I still see no PCI-E *cries*

That's ok, I don't have any spare PCI-E slots anyway. Well actually I don't have anything free. I've got too many cards in my system.

Dan_D said:
That's ok, I don't have any spare PCI-E slots anyway. Well actually I don't have anything free. I've got too many cards in my system.

SCSI or Physics or another rig, that should be your call...

Dual slot cooling is stupid, I agree. Anyone that wants to stick with it and start crying about space issues should go away.

Dan_D said:

You could switch from from the Tiger to the Thunder. That would allow you to run your SCSI devices from the onboard and would free up a slot for you even with dual slot coolers. (which, BTW I also agree is a bad trend - at least until the mobo manufacturers catch on to the idea and move the blocked slots over to become useful.)

Depending on your budget, you could also move to an external audio interface.

::edit:: nvm on the board...looks like that already is the Thunder. My first search didn't include the detailed model number, just the K8WE part. And on the audio front, this one is especially shiny.

Mine arrives tomorow :)

Prior to purchase I scoured the net for programs that use it but turned up very little (there are some maya plugins and some other things floating around that I've heard whispers of).

At least I'm all set to see what hardware physics enabled GRAW can do - I don't think there's any doubt the game itself will be solid but, like I mentioned elsewhere, it's probably not everyone's cup of tea... In any case it'll be interesting to see the real-world gaming prospects of such a long-awaited product!

And before there are any more people spouting about how early adopters are compensating for anatomical scale:

My girlfriend is very happy. :p

Oh, and my bank manager's doing just fine too... For different reasons obviously :D

kraken0698 said:
You did get lucky! I bought my EVGA 7900GTX the day they came out. Paid about $620 for it. Where did you get yours from?

Newegg, like 10 mins when it was availible for sale :p

Ok so GRAW debuts May 3rd. Will Ageia cards be available then? Which cards are available now and where can I find them? :confused:

BFG cards will be out early may, so I'm guessing at the same time as GRAW...

You can't get them unless it's with a new system from select manufacturers - I got mine from a certain supplier before the watershed was enforced, check out the inquirer. :)

MrNasty said:
BFG cards will be out early may, so I'm guessing at the same time as GRAW...

You can't get them unless it's with a new system from select manufacturers - I got mine from a certain supplier before the watershed was enforced, check out the inquirer. :)

Ok so lets assume may 3rd (hopes). Can I get them in stores? I mean....argh! I just want it now!!! :p

lol :D

It's a brand new product release, that's going to be a tough one to answer!

Over here in blighty OcUK say they have more than enough OEM cards to meet demand for their machines, but the guy I talked to didn't say much about retail stock expectations - he did say that preorders were looking 'good'.

Put it this way: Ageia's fab has been working since the end of last year (can't remember where I saw that - was an interview). If that's the case then I'd assume they'd have good stock coverage for the release, even if actual final fab production started this year. BFG have been putting them together for nearly a month, and there aren't any OEM shortages.

I'd say barring a rush you should be able to get them from etailers on launch day - no provisions for brick and mortar shops.

Back