BF2 1.3 patch (list of changes)

That looks like a big one. Some of the changes look interesting. I wonder what they're going to do with the heli missle count.

Same as regular BF2 probably. 8 missiles per rack rather than 12.
The one that I am intrigued by is the "air drop request for vehicle." That definitely would be interesting.

Yeah, I agree that can change tactics. I wonder if that means more vehicles are allowed on the map or if there is a set limit. I'm guessing it will be the same as an artillery strike or UAV scan.

If you fallow the development of Quake Wars you should know that those guys came up with it first and DICE is just taking the idea and throwing it into BF2, but as I know life it will creates new bugs... All in all I thought this patch will just concentrate on fixing stuff not implementing new things... but this is EA/DICE "let's fix one thing and screw up something else"

changelist2ds.gif

Underwhelming to say the least. The change to the squad structure should be interesting, but who cares about co-op?

Commanders dropping hummers on each other should be fun, tho.

When will this patch be available? Or is it already available?

Also, I thought that with one of the last couple of patches, a sniper was supposed to be able to pick up the claymore mines that they put down. I usually play a sniper and I can't figure out how to pick up the mines I've dropped. It would be really handy if I could do that since I like to move from place to place as a sniper.

Yowsa. The vehicle drop is a HUGE gameplay change. I wish they wouldn't change their dang game so much! I mean... make the game and let people play it. Fix the bugs, improve the performance but don't change the game ever frickin' patch so that it resembles a new game entirely. I know, I know, we'll all adjust but it's getting old to see new gameplay all the time. (that's a wierd statement) I like the bug fixes obviously and hopefully they actually work.

Like another poster said... dropping vehicles on the Essex? Dropping them into enemy spawn? Yikes.

bazylik said:
If you fallow the development of Quake Wars you should know that those guys came up with it first and DICE is just taking the idea and throwing it into BF2, but as I know life it will creates new bugs... All in all I thought this patch will just concentrate on fixing stuff not implementing new things... but this is EA/DICE "let's fix one thing and screw up something else"

thats just the way it is..fixing things has a ripple effect. it happens to every company you just dont see it.

Ugh, remember the arty/supply hacks? Now we will have 20 tanks dropped every 10 seconds!

I still don't see '-Fixed a bug where occasionally enemies would show up as friendlies, and friendlies would show up as enemies (Red Tag Bug)''. Sigh. Still, some good changes and interesting additions.

So the two big things: vehicle drops and not being able to join squad / spawn when dead. Neither will really effect gameplay that much. The vehicle drop will probably take so long to recycle that you'll only be able to get a couple in per round anywas (just what i'm thinking.) Plus, it may only be buggies that get dropped or something like that. A tank would be pretty easy to see coming. You could just hop in a buggy, aim for the drop, run over the player waiting, and take the vehicle.

the join squad and spawn when dead thing is going to hurt. though i don't think that many people were conditioned to take advantage of it anyways.

qbert3 said:
thats just the way it is..fixing things has a ripple effect. it happens to every company you just dont see it.
It's not what I mean. EA/DICE should concentrate solely on fixing problems instead of bringing something new to the table that will def. make some future problems/complains/whatever.

lol there wont be a tank drop, only vodniks, humvee's, and fav's.

you guys are funny.

v6maro said:

you guys are funny.
That sounds much better if true :cool: Do you have a source?

ROFL "Added deterrent against 'alternative ranking'"...is that the new, improved, politically correct term for "stat-padding, asshat cheaters"? LOL

v6maro said:

you guys are funny.

Word. So we will have 20 humvee's dropped in ten seconds, much better :)

So many patches.
If you have BF2, SF, and EF, you have to jump through hoops to install all of them.
Took me an hour the other night.
First, install BF2, then SF and it patches BF2 before it installs, then patch 1.21, then install EF, then patch 1.22.
then you try and run the game and if doesn't work, uninstal it all and start again.

thats awesome, I love hopping in a transport and ripping the enemy team to shreds (AKA wtf stop spawn camping you n00b!) with the .50cal. Just do it as a medic so that you will heal automatically , unless of course you get 1 shot :). :eek:

Supported COOP!
Supported COOP!
Supported COOP!

Can you tell I'm excited? Sure, coop sorta works now, but it's a pain in the ass and buggy as hell. I might be able to install BF2 again, since the only reason I play this game is for some mind numbing stress relief as I waste hundreds of bots. 4 guys on a team against 50 or so bots in DesertCombat was fun as hell.

Can you tell I'm excited? Sure, coop sorta works now, but it's a pain in the ass and buggy as hell. I might be able to install BF2 again, since the only reason I play this game is for some mind numbing stress relief as I waste hundreds of bots. 4 guys on a team against 50 or so bots in DesertCombat was fun as hell.

hell ya, except i could have really used it a few months ago.

Special.K said:
hell ya, except i could have really used it a few months ago.

You mean like I could have really used Duke Nukem Forever a couple months ago? ;)

WS6 said:
So many patches.
If you have BF2, SF, and EF, you have to jump through hoops to install all of them.
Took me an hour the other night.
First, install BF2, then SF and it patches BF2 before it installs, then patch 1.21, then install EF, then patch 1.22.
then you try and run the game and if doesn't work, uninstal it all and start again.
Um I must be lucky because...

I installed BF2

then installed BF2 SF (which update BF2 to v1.1)

then I patch BF2 with the V1.12 patch

then the 1.2patch

then the 1.21 patch

then the 1.22 patch

been wounderfull ever since I got this new Sata harddrive, no problems what so ever...yet :D.

skip the incremental patching nonsense....always ge tthe latest full patch and when your done do the full patch, u can eliminate like 3 or 4 steps there man....

the gamer said:
Um I must be lucky because...

I installed BF2

then installed BF2 SF (which update BF2 to v1.1)

then I patch BF2 with the V1.12 patch

then the 1.2patch

then the 1.21 patch

then the 1.22 patch

been wounderfull ever since I got this new Sata harddrive, no problems what so ever...yet :D.

P3N1X0R said:
skip the incremental patching nonsense....always ge tthe latest full patch and when your done do the full patch, u can eliminate like 3 or 4 steps there man....

Yup.

P3N1X0R said:

If you have Euro Force, you need to do 1.21 first then 1.22.
If you don't have EF, then all you need is the 1.22 full.

Vod drops on carriers is just wonderful, a 50 cal is still a great anti air weapon. People gonna hop in a plane and start to get shot at wondering wtf!!! teamkill!!! And find out its some dude at the end camping with a car. While this will be good for that squad leader who sneaks behind enemy lines and needs a vehicle asap, its still a bad idea.

I wish they'd get their act together, Im tired of them skipping obvious need to patch items.

Back