BenQ V2400W User Reviews @ [H]Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should choose me for your review because I have a degree in English with a specialization in technical communication. I have participated in the [H] for many years and as such I am keenly aware of what the reader of a review is looking for.

I feel I would be a prime candidate for reviewing the V2400W. I have a very extensive knowledge of PC components and peripherals, and I've always enjoyed offering detailed feedback about products that I have used. I have a very good eye for noticing little details, and I would certainly test every aspect of this monitor with an honest and unbiased point of view. I use my current monitor for a variety of applications, including PC gaming, Adobe Photoshop, media viewing, and internet browsing. Thank you for your consideration.

Why should you pick me?

1. I have big monitor envy, since I only have a borrowed 19" Dell monitor from work!
2. It would force me to clean up my desk so I could take pictures of the new one
for the review.
3. I could really use my own monitor.

I don't know if i would be a good reviewer but my company currently uses a 24" Dell for doing trade shows for legal software. Obviously a good viewing angle and crisp picture is important to catch your customers eye wherever they may be standing so we could definitely make comparisons in that arena. If anything, the monitor would get its share of public attention (Product Placement) rather than just sitting on my office desk receiving my blank stares.

If I'm not chosen to review this bad boy, hows about the same deal on a few of these BenQ? :)

I should be picked because of my everyday broad experience through usage with LCD monitors. I have worked as a PC tech for 5 years dealing with many different types and sizes of LCD monitors. Also as an early adopter of LCD I have seen numerous issues with ghosting and pixel related issues that are of concern to general and advanced users. Thanks for allowing the [H] community this opportunity!

At 5'10" and with a keen mind, Scrote strikes a chord at a first glance. Upon further inspection one can only begin to describe how capable he is of reviewing pretty much any computer peripheral.

His ability to share the results of any hands-on experience with electronics is unparalleled due to his love for the industry. His appreciation of products that rise above the pack will prove invaluable.

In short, Scrote will be a pleasure to work with and if one must give him a score it should not go below 9 out of a possible 10 (he didn't shave today).

I think I’d be an excellent reviewer for BenQ as I’m extremely discriminating in visual quality. I’ve kept, for the most part, CRT displays for personal use as I have found no LCD panel can match CRT speed, color, or clarity. I also have a good understanding of the English language and believe I can clearly communicate my thoughts after a review.

I believe that I would make an ideal reviewer for your latest display product for a multitude of reasons. As a technical resource, I have over twenty years of personal computer hardware experience and twelve years of professional IT experience under my belt, working with virtually every display technology since the EVGA monitor. As an enthusiast, I have an array of displays for personal use and enjoyment from high end LCD monitors to LCD projection units, each chosen for their technical merits.

Aside from the technical and comparative experience I offer you, I also have a keen insight in to marketing and business related features that consumers crave. Along with the years I have been working with technology, I have also had experience in a retail setting, working with customers and hearing their demands and desires for a wide array of consumer electronics products. This multifaceted lifetime of experiences and education makes me an ideal candidate to find not only the exceptional features of the products you manufacture and sell, but also the flaws and shortcomings that can be improved upon, benefiting your customers and your bottom line.

-T

I’m a 30 year-old software engineer for a major government contracting company. And while my dry humor prevents me from writing yet another posting with bulleted or numbered lists on why I’d be the best, I can say I’ll be fair in my critique and I’m not just doing it to get a cheap monitor. I’ve written technical reviews of products in the past though I am not currently affiliated with any hardware review site. I regularly use software for image manipulation, gaming, and software/web page development so I could certainly put it through a gamut of suitability testing.

BenQ,
I believe I'm an excellent candidate for this review because I am a video technician at NASA's Johnson Space Center and get to see and work with the entire spectrum of LCD, Plasma, Projection, and CRT video devices. I will be able to give an unbiased review based on a great range of experience. I'm also a gifted writer.

First off I never get picked.. So don't pick me Id hate to break the trend..

But if you do, Id love to give it a run in WoW. Also the wife is a gamer and she could test it too.. Think of that, 2 reviews for the price of one!

I would like the chance to review the product for several reasons. I have a wife that loves technology, but can never get it to work for her. She always manages to goof things up. This would be a great test scenario for the ease of use of the OSD functions, and button layout. I'm a gadget geek of sorts. I like connecting tons of AV sources to displays that were never intended to handle them, just to see if it can be done. I could see myself making this screen into a project screen. Think PS3 laptop.

I currently own a Dell 2408WFP, and would like to compare your build quality as it compares to the Dell. I also work as an IT Manager for a non profit corporation who is looking to replace 50 plus monitors, and would like to see if your monitor would be a worthy replacement.

I believe that I’m right for the job as I’m a graphics artist and I appreciate clear, crisp colors and text. Not only is having great contrast ratios and vibrant colors important, but being able to have the ability of an HD resolution on your monitor not only must increase your productivity, but creates the most clean and clear picture available on the market today.

Thank you

I have been a long time [H] forum member and and even longer [H] reader. I have an eye for monitors and choose quality when I make my purchases. I have built my own computers now for 12 years (first system was a P Pro 200 with a voodoo 4mb GFX card)
I am very interested in this chance to help give back to the [H] community beyond what I'm currently doing with the F@H team.

I may be a decent choice.

I have a home built windows pc along with a macbook pro to test the lcd on. currently i'm using a Dell 24" 2407 high color model for gaming and photography. I think that and this benq would be a nice comparison. and i've been a [h] member for a while :)

I would be a great reviewer because of the unique angle I would bring. First my monitor usage is quite diverse: I am running on a 17” NEC CRT at home but at work I have two 22” wide screen LCDs. Second, I run a middle of the road rig, and I am interested in reducing my power consumption. Third I am a developer, a low level graphics designer, and a gamer which allows me to cover a large spectrum of scenarios to reach more people.

Pick me because I'm still using a 19 inch CRT in 1024x768 resolution. If you pick me I will be able to give a pretty realistic review going from old tech to knew tech!

This review has the potential for some pretty dry stuff. And that's where my liberal use of my rapier wit saves the day! No more redundant sentences: "The viewing angle was viewed to be rather reasonable when viewed off-axis." How about "After playing 'Hello Kitty's Island Adventure' for a brutal 10 hours at angles of up to 170 degrees off-axis, my eyes neither watered nor bled." Conversely, "It only took 10 minutes of 'Hello Kitty's Island Adventure' at 170 degrees off-axis to cause my corneas to rupture from the pressure of trying to resolve the shapeless images on the screen."

In addition to my 100 words above, I'm also an electrical engineer with scads of experience evaluating strange and new equipment and I've written reviews for other websites and a magazine.

I’m very interested in reviewing this Benq lcd, it is a fun thing you guys are doing here. Even if I’m not chosen for the review I’m excited to read what the reviewer has to say. Although I am not very familiar with Benq’s products, I am more likely to research their products when It’s time for my next upgrade because of the evident appreciation for this community.

I’m currently running a 22inch Samsung 2232BW and use it mainly for gaming, surfing my favorite tech sites, and watching videos/movies. Having owned two TN panels (my preference) I would gladly review this monitor in what it was built for, the low response time seeking gamers as well as figuring out how it fairs in other visual categories.

I just want a crack at reviewing a monitor. I love working on hardware and I've been an [H] reader for 5 1/2 years.

Pick me because I game a lot and can provide great feedback on image quality and all that jazz. I also watch HD movies on my monitor normally because IT has better quality than my HDTV. Lastly, I love BenQ's dvd-burners so I would love to review some of their other products.

Why pick me?

As of May 9th, I'm currently unemployed due to a company closing. I have plenty of time on my hands to review the panel :) What better way to look for a job while at the same time reviewing a new panel from BenQ.

Pick me.
1. I'm in the market for another 24" monitor
2. I have my own calibartion equipment (hardware and software) so I can make a very informed review.

simple, I like free stuff. I like to write. I have always wanted to do a review on something but have never had the chance. I love to tinker and play with my stuff just to see what it can do.

I would absolutely love to check this one out and report/review if the "stealthy" design translates into monitor utopia

But I won't bomb any one with it. I promise :)

Nothing like a good workout with the PS3, PC, Xbox 360 and HD cable boxes in my arsenal to expose the true mettle of this new product.

Me too please!

Regards,

10e

May I add a +1 for 10e to review. I've been trolling the Display forums for the past month and this guy has made many thoughtful, insightful and helpful posts regarding many different brands of LCDs as well as providing input on the different panel technologies which I found very informative. Don't know him personally, but all his postings seems very courteous, non condescending, and helpful.

I could test it in both gaming and office enviroment, since I work making games (mostly modelling in 3D). And write the review in both english and portuguese, since I live in Brazil.

I need to be chosen because I already own three different 24'' monitors that will provide easy comparisons. Also, I'm a former semi-pro blogger. Check out my work at www.dyphan.com

I am the office manager and designer for the Morton Tribune, a small town newspaper covering Cochran County, Texas and a part of South Plains Media, Inc. I am also an avid gamer. Not only will the monitor be tested on my home computer setup with a wide variety of games and video, it will also be evaluated in a newspaper production environment. The product will be tested against a wide variety of equipment, and evaluated for accuracy, color reproduction, dead pixels, geometry errors, general compatibility with both older and new equipment, and the purchasing agent of South Plains Media will also evaluate the monitor for power consumption, price, and value. With permission of both BenQ and the comapny owner, the review may also be reprinted in the Morton Tribune and the Fritch Eagle-Press, two newspapers with a combined readership of over 2000 individuals.

I'm still on a CRT monitor and am thinking of upgrading to a 24 inch monitor so it can double as a console gaming screen. I'd love to test one of these out and I doubt I'll want to send it back :D

It seems most people aren't willing to spend 500 or so on a monitor. I have a 22" Dell that was about half the price of the BenQ. I would be in a good position to compare the differences between a budget monitor, and a high quality one, which would help people do decide if its worth it for them to spring for the higher quality monitor. I also promise to take lots of pictures demonstrating how much better the BenQ looks.

Why:

I think apart from getting into the technology of which this monitor obviously has a lot, an important aspect of a monitor review is for the casual user. I think this model can be marketed as a monitor that takes your casual computer user to that next step. I believe I would be great at reviewing this product because I have a lot of experience with monitors in many fashions and I could show people why this monitor should be that next step at their computer station.
My computer usage is also extremely varied. As an avid gamer I can see the benefits on the side of lag, resolution and brightness, as a professional photographer I can show how it works with photo editing programs and digital-pads, as a casual computer user and home theater buff I can see why having this monitor would work well for the person that uses their computer not only for surfing and typing up papers but also to watch their blu-ray movies or things of that nature.

I think I can give a very well rounded, thought out and easily translated review for many users at once. Not something that only appeals to one particular crowd.
Bonus: I am a decent writer :)

Cheers
Ed

If I am chosen to review the BenQ V2400W I will give a thorough, unbiased opinion of the product. I am not an elitist, just an average Joe that expect a product to work as advertised and that is the approach I would take in my review.

Good luck to everyone, and congrats to those chosen.

A bit of background information: I have a computer engineering degree from Georgia Tech and have a strong understanding of various display technologies. I'm also a very active member here in the [H]Displays forum. In the past six months alone, I've owned four different 24" monitors in the same price range as the V2400W, so I'm very knowledgeable about the features one should expect from a monitor in this price bracket. I'm an avid PC gamer, an HD movie buff, and I also do some light photo editing. In addition to my computer, I have a standalone HD-DVD player to test how the monitor handles non-PC HDMI signals. I also have a CRT available to measure the response time of the V2400W.

My review will be subjective and thorough, with the inclusion of many pictures. I will also provide technical details, but not so many as to confuse the average reader.

-Grayson

I believe i should be the one to review this display because i am so picky when it comes to displays that i will be able to pin point everything about this unit. My knowledge of technology and displays is beyond 14 years, i have what it takes to write an in depth review like no other!!!! :D

I have personally reviewed 24" panels in the past (at my own expense and berating by my spouse :). I would love a shot at the new BenQ monitor! I can compare it against the older generation, the FP241WZ and the LG L246WP that I still own. Of course, I'd be doing lag testing against a CRT as well as input testing from PC devices and various SD and HD consumer devices. You can see my previous 24" Showdown here:

http://www.bexox.com/showdown.htm

Thanks!

Jim Robbins

I'm a gamer, I own a 24" to compare it to (Dell WFP 2400), and I have the money to buy the BenQ back (but not at retail :D)

You should choose me because I have a low end i-inc (Hanns-G) monitor and I would like to compare it to a higher end monitor. I have a decent rig and I can run any game max or very close to compare image quality of the two monitors, and plus I need a new lcd lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back