Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

Can someone recommend a loadout/play style for someone who's having trouble staying alive more than 15 seconds at a time?
Don't know what your level is but you can try either AK 5C carbine (for later level ACE 52), some M320 HE to unlock M320 LVG, and V40 Mini with Defensive setup. Go to an operation locker server and then either nade spam M320 or sit in a choke point with your carbine. Go assault or support class and drop medkits/ammo packs until you unlock the larger sized ones.

For attachments use laser sight, ergo grip and Holo sight or equivalent on the carbine.

Works wonders and can kill idiots to rake in the points for levelling up.

I actually had more fun with the 2014 versions of the maps than I did in BF3, I really like the changes and additions that were made to these maps, and with buildings being slightly more destructible, really helps.
I hated Gulf of Oman in BF2
I hated Gulf of Oman in BF3
I hate Gulf of Oman in BF4.

That map has rarely been good for me both in terms of gameplay and score.

I hated Gulf of Oman in BF2
I hated Gulf of Oman in BF3
I hate Gulf of Oman in BF4.

That map has rarely been good for me both in terms of gameplay and score.

Yeah, everyone has different tastes. Oman was my favorite map in BF2. It happens that it was the map in the demo, as well. I played the hell out of that demo for a couple of months, before I finally bought the full game.

Still love Oman.

BC2 was similar. Arica Harbor was the PS3 beta map. That map is so good, i was happy to play it over and over for I think a full month. Still love that map.

A couple of random points,

1) If you spot someone first and have time, throw a med pack at your feet before you open fire.

2) The defib has incredible range. It will revive from approximately 10 feet away from the corpse. It will also kill when fully charged.

3) Use smoke to provide concealment when you revive someone in a crossfire.

4) Always differentiate between cover and concealment, and always move from cover to cover. Bushes, undergrowth, wooden or tin fences, and similar objects do not provide cover. They provide concealment.

4) All optics over 4 power have scope glint. All lasers have beam glint. You get a hip fire modifier from running a laser, but I stopped carrying lasers due to the glint and I don't miss them.

5) If you're on an attack boat, hit F5 to eject on a jet ski.

Edit:

You can get some pretty damn nice weapons by finishing the SP campaign. I use the hell out of the 249.

TOMBSTONE ACTUAL (CAMPAIGN)
AWARD REQUIREMENTS
Complete Baku
REWARD
M412 REX

FANG OF THE UNDERWORLD (CAMPAIGN)
AWARD REQUIREMENTS
Complete Kunlun Mountains
REWARD
SHANK

A TRAPPED WOLF WILL (CAMPAIGN)
AWARD REQUIREMENTS
Complete Tashgar
REWARD
MACHETE

TO VALHALLA (CAMPAIGN)
AWARD REQUIREMENTS DROP OFF THE BRIDGE AND DETONATE THE EXPLOSIVES TO DESTROY THE WARSHIP YOURSELF
Make the final choice
REWARD
QBZ-95-1

PEACE MAKER (CAMPAIGN) LET HANNAH DETONATE
REWARD
P90

FINAL DUTY (CAMPAIGN) LET IRISH DETONATE
Make the final choice
REWARD
M249

Last edited:
Here is massive list of little known tips and tricks that players should used to get upper hand in Battlefield 4 against enemy.

* Pressing E on a dead soldier when medic will automatically switch you to the defibrellator paddles and revive (brings back weapon after revive). - CryptiKau

* Shoot once and don't reload in the LAV to get an extra 12 rounds to regenerate in your ammo pool. - kahoona

* Press F5 and F6 on the attack boat to eject in a jet ski! - 1ildevil

* You can repair reactive armor... You use the repair tool on the side where the reactive armor has been blown off, and eventually the armor will reappear. (or) you may need to repair the vehicle past 100% - rdmx & Zapatopi

* F switches weapons in vehicles/boats. - Zeigy

* In BF4, you can't suffer from reload syndrome because every magazine you reload subtracts from your total ammo. If you noticed you run out of ammo so fast in BF4, that's why.
* Mouse over enemy and hit Q to spot

* Double tap WW to run and you don't have to hold the shift key. Or set your sprint key to auto sprint, so that you don't have to hold any buttons

* There is a brand new cover mechanic that is explained very briefly in the first campaign mission. If you are crouched behind a bipod friendly cover object, you can just use the right mouse button to quickly peak your weapon over it in the ready position. Its much faster than toggling crouch and best yet is that you can center your reticle before hand to put a bead on a target very quickly.

* This is a no brainer that I missed some how. No more running around your starting area racing people for a chance to get into a vehicle. If you want a certain one, just wait in the deploy map before hitting deploy and click on the vehicle icon of what you want, you will spawn right in the drivers seat if its blue. You can also click on the grey icons to see what is available for use on that particular map.

* There is no compass in Hardcore modes, but if you look at the map early on and find the direction of the farthest objective, its much easier to discern location information via radio. When I hear there is a baddy to the west I just look for Objective C for instance via my UI, which I knew was East and do an about face.

* When you see "heavy enemy presence nearby" that's your commander telling you a cruise missle is about to drop on you. Run like hell.

* Call out objectives for your squad as a squadleader. Everyone gets more points / push if you have the objective marked. Everyone gets bonuses for following the order & killing people along the way. Roughly 200+ score per minute.

* You can actually hold a grenade with the pin pulled indefinitely. You can even put it away (without blowing your face off) by switching weapons while you have the pin pulled. Simply press the grenade throw button and then hold the fire button once the animation starts. Your soldier will stick his hand out like he's posing for the Highsman. Jumping will cause you to throw it, but having the pin pulled decreases the time needed to throw, although sprint is disabled.

* Also, this creates a dead man grenade as it drops at your feet if you die. Good for holding points or M-COMs.

* Accept orders given by the commander, even if you don't follow them. It makes for free points for both of you.

* Crouch while swimming and you will dive.

* The AK-12 and its carbine variant AKU-12 both have an increased RoF in burst fire mode.

* If your solider is "angled" behind cover, you can just press on the aim button (ADS) and it'll automatically "aim out" at your target. You can un-ADS to get back into cover. All of this without using your WASD (or moving) keys.

* Tap fire with belt-fed LMGs. Pretty much just 2-3 round bursts will help engage enemies at medium to long range.

* If you are out of rounds while using the mortar, just press and hold E to pick it up and re-deploy, your mortar will go back to full ammo.

* If you have an XP boost active while playing commander, you'll get the boost points but no time will be taken from the boosts duration.

* When you are a squadleader (star behind your name), you have the ability to command your squadmates to either defend or attack by looking at an objective and pressing 'Q'.

* On the deployment screen, double click a spawn point instead of having to press the deploy button.

* Flying choppers over areas can blow up dust to give cover to your guys capping points.

* you can zero your sniper rifle and DRM. This means adjusting your crosshair to a specific distance with bullet drop. Use the PLD and aim at your target to measure distance (RNG = range). Then press V (default key) with your sniper rifle, to configure the range of the shot.

* Double click on a tank to auto spawn, but realize you've forgotten to equip the repair tool? Click your gadget slot and you'll go to the equipment screen, take your time and get your repair tool out, and once you click deploy you'll auto spawn into the tank

* USAS-12 + frags battle pickup is the only super weapon in the game that can be resupplied with ammunition.

More here, http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065218161358535/

That list is out of date and at least partially inaccurate. For instance:

* In BF4, you can't suffer from reload syndrome because every magazine you reload subtracts from your total ammo. If you noticed you run out of ammo so fast in BF4, that's why.

This only applies in hardcore mode. At launch, there was a bug where the hardcore reloading mechanics (reloading before a magazine is empty means you lose the remaining bullets forever) were active in regular mode. This was since fixed.

I got a random gold battlepack this morning. Anyone know why it might've been handed out?

Ditto - No idea.

Maybe dice has a hint of remorse for the garbage they put out?

Granted I still have a helluva good time with friends. I think this game should focus more on quad interaction. It'd be nice if squads could ally in game somehow, share the same objective target, spawn in etc. Our clan at times needs to run two squads to accommodate.

I got a random gold battlepack this morning. Anyone know why it might've been handed out?

They were giving out random battlepacks for month of February as player appreciation month due to all the game issues. DICE said it was supposed to be bronze and silver packs though. Maybe they changed this?

Did you get a promotion recently? Any rank over 45-50 [??] you get a gold pack for each rank up. Either way, I wouldn't sweat it too much. Take it and enjoy.

Ditto - No idea.

These are probably from the game missions this month. IIRC The first was a million knife kills. The second was a million vehicles destroyed. The third was a 100 million objectives.

This should be from the second mission I think.

As long as you destroyed at least one vehicle you got a gold battlepack.

Really? I thought it was only if the mission was completed (the last 2 were not).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining just surprised and pleasantly so.

nice! i got a bitchin' camo in the gold battlepack they sent out.
_____

also since this caught my eye while i was in my photobucket account, i feel obligated to post it:

So, you know that console command that Dice added to specify the number of cores and job threads, then told everyone not to use it because it was broken?

Apparently, one of the last patches seems to have enabled it. /Not home to try it now.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2979150493859078655/2/

edit:

Tried the cfg tweak and went from 12 cores 4 threads to 12 cores 5 threads in render screen info. (I'm running Mantle with a 3930k (hex core))

This seems to have helped my minimum FPS. I cap at 60 to match my display (still get tearing, grr) and I've noticed less FPS drops. Not to say it's a panacea, but it's helps a bit.

All lasers have beam glint. You get a hip fire modifier from running a laser, but I stopped carrying lasers due to the glint and I don't miss them.

You can turn off lasers and flashlights

If you are out of rounds while using the mortar, just press and hold E to pick it up and re-deploy, your mortar will go back to full ammo.

this has never worked for me

ah such a love hate relationship with this game.

I really wish a different publisher and developer would take it over.. EA and DICE have exhausted their talent, which really isn't saying much since anyone in the business, who actually knows what they're doing, have not worked for either for a long, long time..

Seriously, this company has no talent left. Please, sell it off.

Last edited:
I'm liking the hardcore as it feels more like a BF game without the 3d spotting. I remember in BF42 being able to flank/sneak around. You can't do that in BF3/4 normal mode.

Sure you can. It's called a suppressor.

Got my first 200% boost at level 52. Here is a tip: Level up your kits close to unlocking a star and use up 100 or 200% boost, then unlock all the stars while the xp boost is active.

I'll join.

My crashes seemed to have disappeared. Few thoughts .. The HK45 is beast. DMRs are uber rifles.

I'm liking the hardcore as it feels more like a BF game without the 3d spotting. I remember in BF42 being able to flank/sneak around. You can't do that in BF3/4 normal mode.

Cool, welcome aboard

I have applied. I want to feel like I belong and that I have worth.

Don't worry plenty of love to go around ;)

I'll join.

My crashes seemed to have disappeared. Few thoughts .. The HK45 is beast. DMRs are uber rifles.

I guarantee you can, I set up hilarious flanks all the time.

In fact, it's almost unreal at times at oblivious people are. I've sat behind people and killed enough that I had to reload without anyone ever bothering to turn the fuck around. Use a supressor, you won't show on the mini-map when you fire.

I've been loving the PP2000, lately. I didn't really use Engineer for a couple of months. Mostly stuck to Support.

ah such a love hate relationship with this game.

I really wish a different publisher and developer would take it over.. EA and DICE have exhausted their talent, which really isn't saying much since anyone in the business, who actually knows what they're doing, have not worked for either for a long, long time..

Seriously, this company has no talent left. Please, sell it off.

No talent left?

Can you produce a game like BF4? Your statement is ludicrous to say the least.

I guarantee you can, I set up hilarious flanks all the time.

In fact, it's almost unreal at times at oblivious people are. I've sat behind people and killed enough that I had to reload without anyone ever bothering to turn the fuck around. Use a supressor, you won't show on the mini-map when you fire.

I don't care about the minimap. :). I'm talking about the glowing "I'm right here" triangle over your head. If one person spams Q in your direction (even without actually seeing you - like you're in shadows or bushes), you get marked for everyone.

Wtf, are the servers down right now or something? I keep getting "No contact with EA Online" when I try to join any server.

Back