Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

if the netcode fixes issue I always seem to have.... fire RPG, get killed, my (already) fired RPG turns ino a ghost and disappears along with me.

i just want the satisfaction of getting that last hit on a tank in if I'm already dead.

I love how obnoxiously useless the little shitty medic pack is. Was driving me fucking insane until I unlocked the normal one on the CTE.

the small one is good if you are going to be mobile the whole time and do not want to camp in a single place to get health, it heals on the move.

so if you are in a highly mobile squad it is really effective on maps where you need to keep moving.

on metro or locker the big one is better because of all the campers/choke points tho.

the small one is good if you are going to be mobile the whole time and do not want to camp in a single place to get health, it heals on the move.

so if you are in a highly mobile squad it is really effective on maps where you need to keep moving.

on metro or locker the big one is better because of all the campers/choke points tho.

You can just throw the big one on the move, jump and hurl it. Even sprinting, by the time you've left it's presence, it's already healed a solid chunk of your health.

It's simply too useful because you don't have to pick it up, it's already working its magic to everything near it.

if the netcode fixes issue I always seem to have.... fire RPG, get killed, my (already) fired RPG turns ino a ghost and disappears along with me.

i just want the satisfaction of getting that last hit on a tank in if I'm already dead.

Thats not a netcode issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcfhPHXvyyk

Finally, with less shaky cam too. It is way too high, and fucking asinine.

Originally Posted by collegeboy69us View Post

Thats not a netcode issue.

That is the netcode issue.

It is obliteration with just 4 wheelers. You have to attack points A, B, C in order. Fun.

I hope this tick rate gets updated on non cte soon because it's really the only real flaw in the game now. I do feel there is major spamming of tanks , lav's, etc

I hope this tick rate gets updated on non cte soon because it's really the only real flaw in the game now.

There are still plenty of flaws in the game, mainly small bugs that, when accumulated over the course of a round, wind up greatly affecting the outcome.

But tick rate fixes will help tremendously.

What does this mean? Do you not like the vehicles in the game?

I honestly think there's just way too many. On some maps it's just out of control, others not so bad.

There are still plenty of flaws in the game, mainly small bugs that, when accumulated over the course of a round, wind up greatly affecting the outcome.

But tick rate fixes will help tremendously.

Such as what exactly?

so is it just me, I seem to have problems distinguishing players from the environment in bf3 and bf4. In older bf games like bf2142 and bad company 2 I had no issues. But for whatever reason in these newer ones I just cant seem to quickly pick out enemies at any really distance lol.

I don't know about anyone else but even after the driver update I'm still getting the rewind effect on my system, random g lag (I play on low medium mix @ 1680X1050) and other silly issues.

I experienced it too the other night but the server was maxed out 64. I think some of those issues are from rented servers not on a big enough pipe more than anything because it's pretty rare I'll experience it otherwise .

I experienced it too the other night but the server was maxed out 64. I think some of those issues are from rented servers not on a big enough pipe more than anything because it's pretty rare I'll experience it otherwise .

Its not the bandwidth/pipe that's the issue. Its that GSP's oversubscribe their physical servers (with virtualized game servers). And if server code of a game changes and suddenly becomes more demanding/resource intensive, GSP's are slow to react because decreasing the virtual servers per physical server and/or adding additional physical servers costs them more money. Its an understandable problem, and many simply aren't elastic enough. But ultimately GSP's tend to build for median instead of for peak.

Last edited:
CTE seems to improve the visuals. I can see better.

Also, don't play on 64 man servers. The game always runs better on a 32 man.

Such as what exactly?

The invisible borders around objects that affect gunfights in areas in and around destroyed buildings next to objectives, for instance.

There's also a rarely documented bug where the game simply will not render a player. For example, you enter a room, you check the corners, and then you get shot from the corner you just checked—where someone suddenly is crouching.

The invisible borders around objects that affect gunfights in areas in and around destroyed buildings next to objectives, for instance.

There's also a rarely documented bug where the game simply will not render a player. For example, you enter a room, you check the corners, and then you get shot from the corner you just checked—where someone suddenly is crouching.

Wow what a trip, I dunno about the rendering issue because I never seen it myself. I get more pissed at the bullets around the corner thing and over domination of vehicles, tanks and air.

My most common issue is not having my player/weapon appear. Sometimes I get killed without them even appearing.

I've noticed that sometimes I seem to get stuck on random objects for no reason, or it rubber bands even though my ping is fine. The game can be fun, although it is hilarious how only a couple of weapons are useful and others are OP (Looking at you LMG's).

Wow what a trip, I dunno about the rendering issue because I never seen it myself. I get more pissed at the bullets around the corner thing and over domination of vehicles, tanks and air.

I remember this happening a few times when playing with my friends on skype. We'd be hearing orders and see a player tag where he's supposed to be but there would be no character model at all.

I've noticed that sometimes I seem to get stuck on random objects for no reason, or it rubber bands even though my ping is fine. The game can be fun, although it is hilarious how only a couple of weapons are useful and others are OP (Looking at you LMG's).

How are LMGs overpowered

How are LMGs overpowered

Lol. Ask the MG4 or M240B about that 2 shot kill across the map. They have always been, in every modern battlefield game(except BF2). They usually get sniper level distance, accuracy as well if you can actually use it, and don't really have to reload.

Best example is when you have an AR and start shooting and getting hits first, and then the guy with the LMG just shoots twice and you are dead. This is at close range as well.

Lol. Ask the MG4 or M240B about that 2 shot kill across the map. They have always been, in every modern battlefield game(except BF2). They usually get sniper level distance, accuracy as well if you can actually use it, and don't really have to reload.

Best example is when you have an AR and start shooting and getting hits first, and then the guy with the LMG just shoots twice and you are dead. This is at close range as well.

They follow the same damage model as the assault rifles.

I like the CTE poll that's running. They have servers labed as Group A or Group B, the poll asks which you prefer.

The current results:
Group A 48%
Group B 14%
There is no difference 38%

It's a blind test of sorts, they don't actually say it anywhere, but the difference is that Group A allows 30/30, Group B enforces the 30/10 setting.

Ummm LMGs had so much spread in BF3 they were useless at a distance.

Get ready for the all new battlefield!

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...pear-for-visceral-s-battlefield-hardline.aspx

Battlefield: Hardline

good luck wishing they will fix anything else in 4.

So, let me get this straight. A third party, Visceral, is making a Battlefield game, so in your mind, DICE isn't working on Battlefield 4—even though the CTE is in full swing and has had four major patches to date. Is that correct?

There's a lot to complain about regarding BF4, but try to at least base your complaints in reality first.

What's really funny about this is that DICE has been working on Battlefront 3 for about a year and will be showing it at E3, yet the CTE is still going and there are still two DLC packs left to release for BF4.

anyone know the best number to cap my fps to for a 144 hz? What would be the best number? ive read some posts stating to cap it over the refresh rate, and others have said to leave it under

Battlefield:Hardline could be interesting. i'm curious to see what Visceral can do with a Battlefield game. i love the Dead Space games.

The autobalance in this game makes it unplayable at times. I wish they would have fixed that first.

That "2 shot kill" that you are referring to is directly related to the net code issue and tick rate issues that have been plagueing BF4 since launch. Many of the guns over 700rpm (approx, I haven't done the math) simply aren't registering every single hit, so when the shots finally register, they register as multiple hits as once. Your screen may show 2 hits, but in that 2 hits the LMG landed around 5 or more shots on your enemy's screen.

As far as the distance...that is an issue exactly as you stated. Also, lets specifically separate the M240B and the MG4 in your statement, as they are 2 completely different animals and both should not be exhibiting the behavior you mentioned (M240B maybe, but MG4 definitely not). The M240B and PKP actually have the longest range of any of the LMG's. The bullets also seem to be lasers with straight flight paths, with varying degrees of dropoff depending on the game. However, BF4 actually did much better in this regard as I can actually see the tracers flight paths and plenty of bullet drop on everything except the PKP and M240B. Those 2 guns in particular seem to have zero bullet drop, but again their range is a couple hundred more meters than other LMG's, so you wouldn't see the drop under normal combat scenarios. I have never seen the MG4/M249 exhibit any decent range comparable to what the M240B/PKP can do. The MG4/M249 also have signifcantly greater damage dropoff at distance the the M240B/PKP, so if someone is 2 shotting you from 100+ meters with the MG4/M249, I would highly suspect an aimbot and/or damage multiplier hack. I love the MG4, but I am lucky to hit 2/10 shots at mid range (20-50 meters) even with the compensator and stubby grip attachments. If I expect any mid range engagements I switch to a carbine or the AWS. If its close quarters and expect to encounter groups of soldiers, I use the MG4 like a chainsaw to mow everyone down. If you don't believe me on these numbers, check my stats, my player name is the same.

As far as accuracy, I have never seen any degree of decent accuracy at a distance greater than 50meters from any LMG unless the following conditions were met:
1. Me or my enemy had a deployed bipod. deployed bipods make the LMG's into laser cannons. They would be considered OP and fixed by now except for the fact that they are rarely used.
2. The gun was bugged. I remember the PKP being freakishly accurate in BF3 early on but was patched out.
3. My enemy had an aimbot.
4. Using the AWS. The AWS is about as accurate as the average carbine (almost as good as an assault rifle), hence the reason everyone is using it. It doesn't have a super long range like the M240B or PKP, but it is damn decently accurate for most short to mid range engagements even in full auto.
5. Using the LSAT in tap fire. The LSAT is a mediocre LMG with moderate rpm and moderate accuracy at full auto. It does seem to have a peculiar accuracy setup if you tap fire and fire in 1-2 round bursts. It can be used as a DMR/Sniper Rifle when configured with correct attachments (does not require a deployed bipod) because the recoil numbers make it snap to zero after each single shot. Again, this only works in burst fire, and all other LMG's don't correct their recoil like this gun does due to different recoil/spread multipliers. It has decent range, but don't expect super long range like the M240B/PKP or a true sniper rifle.

Last edited:
Community Test Environment ends the first initiative: Netcode issues.

t1gge said:
PATCH – NEXT RELEASE
The next release in the retail game will include a bulk of the changes and fixes made on the CTE. We think this collection of changes to the game, which were tested through the CTE is significant enough to warrant its own release as early as possible.

INCLUDED FEATURES
The upcoming release will contain the following features and fixes (PC, see coming patch notes for detailed list per platform):

Fix for explosion packs not being shootable sometimes
Fix for reducing damage mismatch between client/server
Fix for third person player orientation mismatch
Character collision improvements
Improvements for client side packet loss
Various server performance improvements
High Frequency Bubble
Server to client “tickrate” improvements for damage, position, rotation, projectiles and stance (infantry/vehicle)
High Frequency Bubble: Added client option to set frequency of server to client update rate (OFF/LOW/MED/HIGH, default: OFF)
High Frequency Bubble: Added server kill switches to disable feature for rest of round based on low server performance

Dampened explosive camera shake
Reduced FrameHistoryTime by 33% (less time for a client to inflict damage to enemy during packet loss)
Various server side network improvements and fixes

In case you are wondering what the "High Frequency Bubble" is, it is something they implemented where if your character was within X meters of an enemy, your client side update rate [aka tick rate] would raise from 10hz to 30hz. In the CTE environment, this value was 300 meters at some point. I'm not sure if that value has changed, but 300 meters easily encompasses a bulk of the flags on large conquest servers.

In the CTE, they also added a toggle switch in the menus to basically enable/disable the 30hz tick rate setting. This was done because people with shitty internet would experience worse gameplay with the high tickrate. I don't know if this can be abused or not, but the fact that it is client side hit detection should actually make your shots on someone using the low setting still register if you are using the high setting.

No date on when this patch is going live, but I would assume soon since they seem to be done testing Netcode improvements. The next initiative will be focused on core gameplay and various other bugs.

Back