Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO (WI-FI) Owners Disucssions

primetime

Supreme [H]ardness
Looking for input on getting my board able to run better than 1066 Ram speed. Im using Intel Burn test on MAX settings for 10 runs to give me a somewhat quick result of either stable or not. Anyways mine is only stable when leaving the ram at default speed so far. Ram im using
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232649
and other info
aSSWendLezNmy516GX1Jbv22qDwpoyUOIp6GiybsridyryVT0mLHqsO1xkvwPxBZrnLVhaSjzjVrpkErvOg=w810-h778-no.png

Everything does just fine (including over clocking) as long as i dont change the ram speed. Kinda hoping its just a few bios settings i have missed.

Have you tried using DOCP or any of the Stilt's profiles? If those won't work you could try manually entering the timings(use Ryzen Timing Checker to get ALL the timings and terminations in a XMP) or you could use Ryzen DRAM Calculator but you want to be careful using Thaiphoon to pull info and make sure they fixed the issue using it with RGB memory.

I don't know. I have the same board. I run 4 sticks of basically the same G.Skill RAM (Flare X vs Trident Z) all at the rated 3200Mhz Cas 14 timings only by enabling DOCP. It's worked that way with every bios I've tried on it.

I don't know. I have the same board. I run 4 sticks of basically the same G.Skill RAM (Flare X vs Trident Z) all at the rated 3200Mhz Cas 14 timings only by enabling DOCP. It's worked that way with every bios I've tried on it.
im pretty sure im currently using docp although ill be honest about having no idea of how its different. There are so many dam bios options with this board lol...heck i couldn't get it stable at 3200 speed with NO overclocking. Kirby can yours truley pass ten passes on max setting...Ill double check im using DOCP next reboot....But i wonder if boosting dram voltage helps much in these cases? Kirby what clock speed is your cpu running at....As far as setting the timings manually, i can look into trying that. I remember running AMD way back in the socket 939 days and it was same thing....unstable as fuck at rated speed lol but i think well figure this one out.

As far as Thaiphoon Burner......wow this i never heard of before and would have thought this expensive ram i purchased wouldn't be necessary lol...im sure its a bios setting i have overlooked that you guys are using already

Last edited:
Are your DRAM and SOC on auto or manual, and if manually set did you remember to set the DRAM boot voltage?

Ryzen DRAM Calculator (w/Thaiphoon Burner for extracting info only) is mainly for trying to squeeze every last bit of performance out of memory but the calculator has some suggestions for alternate settings that can help.

I don't mean to insult you(we all have occasional brainfarts) but it does sound like problems some have had when putting the sticks in the wrong slots, maybe double check you have them in the right ones(A2 & B2).

its def A2 and B2 lol.....and what dram voltage is suggested? the sticks claim to be 1.2 or whatever but seems like bios has options for 1.8 on one of the Stilt profiles....Couldnt hurt to give it a try. I know my old x58 board just had to have certain voltages set to run correctly.

In truth list any and every bios option that you guys have to set....any voltage changes? I got the DOCP one down. and the dram voltage...list any others

ok i set the dram to 1.5......and changed it to DOCP (from Auto or default) and ram to 3200 (which it seemed to default to) I got 3 loud beeps but the system booted up like normal. Ill run a burn test and see how it does later tonight cause it takes about 40min and cant really use the pc when it uses ALL the memory.
c5GqqIRd6tgFBsPYsLvWCG2CJsCw7z472TLcTXOvybvy0COPAcP0kLVWoMkmuFX8RRxIFq-4ciCg8eRyhb4=w842-h427-no.png

Last edited:
I wouldn't do 1.8v DRAM, I believe but am not 100% sure that up to 1.6v is OK. Right around 1.4v DRAM is usually what's needed for high speed and tight timings, a slight bump to boot DRAM voltage can sometimes help with boot issues. 1.05-1.1v is the range you want to be in for SOC but be aware that it can scale negatively so more isn't always more stable.

actually....seems good so far! At least it passed 50 or so runs no issue. Well see how it does over next few days.:)

I run 1.55v all the time without issue. Little bit of airflow is going to make sure the DIMMs are OK. Running at 1.6v seems a little excessive to me for daily use though.

Back