Apple iPhone 15 Live Event "Wonderlust"

I don't think anyone here knows how much the iPhone 15 is getting ridiculed on the internet.
View attachment 600659
He forgot to mention that the S21 has 120hz screen while the iPhone 15 doesn't.

Hmm.

View: https://youtu.be/XwOGpc6rLFc?si=uy6hANcagcDGNI35

Everything gets ridiculed on the internet, that's not a real argument, but that's rather your modus operandi, I'm noticing. Regardless, your comparisons mean nothing to me as I'm using the pro model. The base 15 models exist for the demographic that in no way care about those things.

That video is also irrelevant. I'm convinced that guy has zero idea how to use an iPhone as he takes the longest route possible in every single example to skew things toward the Samsung side. Also, who actually uses quick replies? Those are available on iPhone and have been for quite some time. On top of ALL of that, even if it takes more steps, MUCH more of iOS's UI/UX allows you to do almost everything you need with a single hand....which is rather damn important to most people who only use their phones while on the go. The only ones I know that use their phone as their sole computing device don't really use technology that much anyway or cannot afford to (such as teens/etc.)

Aside from all of that, as a developer, I can say that it's much more of a pain to develop for iOS (didn't see that coming?) BUT I fully understand why and it shows upon using their phones. I would hate this on PC, but on a phone it's great having a curated ecosystem where every app you grab on the app store is almost guaranteed to work (of course there's always exceptions). The frustrating thing about working on their stuff is you do have to do things THEIR way and pass their criteria...but with that comes a much better experience for the user. Again, there are exceptions, but almost every major app out there is a much better experience on iOS than it is on android...so in terms of UI/UX that is a huge part of it.

On my test phones (S23 Ultra, Latest Pixel, etc) they all suffer from the rather fragmented ecosystem in their apps. Hell, there's an issue with Android keyboards that cause them to crash or act irregular in a few scenarios which I encountered in specific React text components (though, lately it has gotten better). That being said, I've never encountered such an issue in iOS as bad as your KEYBOARD crashing and becoming unusable. Android has a lot of quirks like that which greatly diminish the experience...especially when you get into customizing things (which is rather the major selling point of android). Also worth noting, unless you go with pixel (which OBJECTIVELY is a fantastic phone if you prefer android) the hardware/software relationship with android phones just don't hold a candle to Apple's. Does that come with limitations? Yes. Though in my opinion, it's a net positive tradeoff.

All of that and you still missed the entire point...this shit is subjective. Most people love iPhone because it just does everything you need out of the box with little fuss. Don't claim that we aren't being objective when your bias is so obvious that you continuously get called out on it in every thread.

But hey, you do you, I'm just going to sit here and enjoy this iPhone 15 Pro, while you continue to try to convince people not to be happy with their preferences :p

Moving on...

Day one review of 15 Pro coming from a Pro 13 as a daily driver

Picked mine up yesterday. Despite some T-Mobile speedbumps, that was the smoothest phone transition I've ever done. Turned on the new phone, did the steps, waiting 15 minutes (because the apple store's internet was a bit slow from all the congestion) and boom, was like picking up my old phone with everything just good to go. What really surprised me the most was all my authenticators transferred over automatically, everything was signed in, all was configured and good to go. Rather nuts how far that process has come. Sure some of that can be attributed to the app devs, but still damn seamless.

As for the phone itself:
Battery: Even after it having around 60% upon opening, doing the entire transfer process, reloading all apps, updating, and then playing around with it much more than I usually do, by end of day battery was around 45%. This is including playing quite a bit of Slay the Spire (didn't know that was on apple arcade till yesterday)...battery life seems miles ahead of my 13 Pro, and even with that phone I only had to charge it every 3-5 days depending. I think with as light as my usage is, I might get a week+ out of this phone between charges.

Performance: The phone is noticeably snappier compared to my old 13 pro. In apps, going back to things that are on standby it's just "boom", up and running without the typical half second blink I used to be accustomed to. Though this also could be attributed to it's ability to keep a lot more apps active due to the extra processing power or extra RAM...hard to say and I haven't looked too hard into it, but it doesn't seem to matter how many apps I go back that it just continues as if it was the last one I was on. All in all, everything runs just fantastically no matter what I'm doing, and apple carplay even is noticeably faster. All in all, fantastic.

Gaming: This thing is a beast. Not much more to say. Played Slay the Spire, DeadCells, and some Genshin Impact....smooth as butter and cooling didn't appear to be an issue at all, but I didn't play for an extended amount of time, just 20 minutes here and there while taking the dogs outside. Gaming on iOS has come a long way, and it appears they've added extensive controller support, but I haven't tested that yet...will report back

Phone calls: New noise isolation settings during calls is amazing, in the crowded Apple store with all the noise, people could hear me clearly as if I'm in a room by myself. There's a wide spectrum and isolation setting while in a call that you can flip, works pretty great. Other than that, pretty standard. I'm traveling soon so we'll see if the wireless antennas have gotten better.

Camera: It's a beast. Point and click, it does the work for you, you get the 24MP by default and it automatically adjusts to portrait mode if the situation calls for it..making for some easy pictures. Later if you care, you can edit the picture in rather surprising ways, such as changing the f-stop, exposure, etc...usually things you have to do while taking the photo, so it's nuts that they are getting all of this in a quick shot and somehow keeping the pictures under 2MB...just nuts.

Screen: So hard to say if it's just me, but the screen feels more....grippy than my old 13. It looks beautiful, it can get WAY bright if that's your thing, colors pop...not a ton of new stuff but overall great.

Sound: I didn't see anything about speaker improvements but something is different. On the 13, the audio always sounded lopsided and flat, but this phone sounds much more punchy and balanced. No idea what happened, I cannot find anything technical about it while browsing the internet, but it does appear I'm not the only one that noticed.

Build: For the phone itself, this phone is very noticeably lighter than my 13 pro, and much lighter than all of my test phones. It's very comfortable to hold, though the new titanium frame is an skin oil magnet, but if you use a case, not really a big deal. It has a great in-hand feel and feels very well balanced compared to older models. My fiancee has an iphone 13 mini and it feels similar in density to hers, despite being heavier and larger. Really hard to describe till you hold one yourself, I'd even wager this alone after using for a day is a significant reason to upgrade. Buttons are VERY clicky, much to my pleasure, if feels much more ergonomic thanks to the rounded corners, and it's just very refined.

Overall: Smartphones have reached the point where there's really not much more to add to them. Most new innovation always seem to be edge cases or just not significant (to me)...I think the last feature I was really excited about was carplay and android auto; everything else has been just iterative at best. The iPhone 15 Pro feels like it acknowledges this, so instead of "innovating" by adding some potentially useless features, etc...they have taken what works great, improved on those aspects and fine tuned it. This all comes together rather fantastically to sum up to an excellent update to an already solid phone, and I'm very happy with this upgrade. I will admit there's nothing to be wowed about when first picking up and using this phone...but then after some time using it, you start realizing just how much better it is overall. It's a bunch of minor improvements that just come together for a very solid update; doesn't appear all that amazing at first glance or in marketing, but it objectively a much better phone. It perfects (or very nearly so) across the board which at the end of the day, is primarily what you want from a phone upgrade. Done are the days when every generation has a killer new feature, leap in functionality, etc. I suspect we aren't going to see anything truly impressive until AR, and we see that already getting started...but that seems a ways away before being mainstream.

You mean posting facts and evidence is upsetting Apple fans? The only real dispute is that "my" iPhone doesn't do this. "My" iPhone is special iPhone. Clearly that reviewer is using his iPhone incorrectly.

Your reaction is the desired outcome. The more you do, the worse Apple fans look.

Who are you again?

Same stuff like USB-C with USB 2.0 speeds is old? That the iPhone 15 is years behind compared to Android phones? iPhone 15 Pro getting hot because Apple doesn't put a heatpipe in their phones? Which if you're wondering why iPhones slow down when they get hot, it's because there is no heatpipe to pull heat away from the SoC. You will find heatpipes in most modern Android phones for this reason. If I get access to the heatpipe in a Android phone I usually replace the thermal pad with some K5 Pro for better cooling.

View: https://youtu.be/aqKYG4HRGEY?si=clzCQMiyKF29q3Bj

If I say it enough times then maybe you all will listen. Apple fans are just really easily upset that maybe, just maybe they bought a worse product for more money. Like I said, you can say what you want about me, but the iPhone 15 is a joke on the internet. Apple adds a charging limit feature, which Android has had for years, and limits it to iPhone 15. PCGamer is surprised that the iPhone 15 is still using the older iPhone 14 Pro SoC, because you'd think a new phone with that price would have such a feature. Is it sinking in yet, that the iPhone 15 is obsolete compared to Android phones? Most of the worthwhile features sits on the more expensive iPhone Pro, which just barely matches feature parity to older Android phones.

View attachment 600698

Boring, predictable, unqualified. Another standard DNX post.

We may as well have a countdown timer to the next irrelevant post.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
My 2 cents on this is Android will always have more features and newer ones at that, but rarely uses them

Apple has less new shiny stuff but it uses it all and makes sure it works.

Android competes with features, Apple competes with completeness.

Both are valid, Apple just has an easier time with theirs because it is a unified ecosystem.

I’ll just point out that even in the cases of these phones, the exploding MP counts really are a waste.
My camera (as listed in my sig) is 42MP. And there has been big problems in the digital camera world for the last 10 years with creating optics that could out resolve digital sensors.
Because if your optics can’t resolve every line of the sensor, you simply end up with functionally a lower resolution image.

The 5D2 back in 2008 had 20.1MP, which forced Canon essentially to have to update over half of its EF lens lineup. With Sony pushing up resolution every “R” generation it has frequently outpaced what even their top end glass could do. Every G and GM lens has had to be made over.

The point? If you think that a 3mm tall plastic lens on top of a sensor that is less than the size of a fingernail can resolve 200 MP (yes, looking at you Samsung) you’ve been sold a very big bill of goods. And the testing bares that out. The video I posted showed that the iPhone 15 Pro Max is out-resolving the S23 Ultra, even if using the S23 Ultra in RAW 200MP mode in the best daylight lighting conditions.

48MP and quad-bayering is “better”, but it’s there to find another way around fixing the issue of tiny optics on top of tiny sensors. If it was a traditional bayer pattern sensor it would be all but useless. Again, anyone thinking a 48MP on a tiny sensor is going to out-resolve a 42MP dslr sensor is out of their mind. Heck most camera optics worth their salt are multiplicatively more expensive than the entire phone. A 70-200mm f/2.8 GM II costs $2499.
^^ This, exactly!
I feel for pro photographers who have been pushed out of events like weddings because people think "oh my uncle joe has a new shiny cell phone with a 1000000MP camera on it, it can take all the great pics we need!" , then they look at them on an actual screen larger than their phone or try to print them......

Friends never understood why I own a separate digital camera (from Canon Rebel lines, to my last was a 7D Mark II before I jumped over to my Sony A6400 cause I just wanted something smaller and lighter to take on hikes....) Until they see the pictures after....and wonder why my pictures always turn out so much nicer than their cell phone pics...

That video is also irrelevant. I'm convinced that guy has zero idea how to use an iPhone as he takes the longest route possible in every single example to skew things toward the Samsung side. Also, who actually uses quick replies? Those are available on iPhone and have been for quite some time. On top of ALL of that, even if it takes more steps, MUCH more of iOS's UI/UX allows you to do almost everything you need with a single hand....which is rather damn important to most people who only use their phones while on the go. The only ones I know that use their phone as their sole computing device don't really use technology that much anyway or cannot afford to (such as teens/etc.)
Like I said, "my iPhone is best iPhone." Nobody here has actually proven anything I said wrong. iPhone just feels better, is what I'm hearing.
Boring, predictable, unqualified. Another standard DNX post.

We may as well have a countdown timer to the next irrelevant post.
This thread reached ad hominem long ago.
Es30WijWMAI1Neq.jpg

As said multiple times... nobody gives a shit.
If you keep saying nobody cares, then you obviously care. That's just psychology 101.

Like I said, "my iPhone is best iPhone." Nobody here has actually proven anything I said wrong. iPhone just feels better, is what I'm hearing.

This thread reached ad hominem long ago.
That’s been mostly up to you. You have made every attempt to troll and not ingratiate yourself. And your stated goal is to “make Apple fans look worse”.
Your reaction is the desired outcome. The more you do, the worse Apple fans look.
The irony there being, you make Android/Samsung fans look like absolute trash because you’re the ‘friend’ (or work acquaintance or whatever) that can’t just let people have their preference and just be happy for them.

I not only addressed all your points in my post, but then you ignored all of them. So why should we try and have a conversation with you? Because it’s not a conversation. It’s talking to a brick wall.
“I have to educate these dumb Apple users.”
“Maybe if I keep saying the same stuff over and over again I can change their minds.”

That’s all more or less direct quotes from this thread. Or the essence anyway. You’re not worth the time to find all the quotes for.
Using Rick and Morty basically says it all in terms of your maturity level.
If you keep saying nobody cares, then you obviously care. That's just psychology 101.
That’s “Pop Psycology 101” which is very different than an actual psycological assessment. Psychologists get a bad wrap because people think that “reverse psychology” is some kind-of gotcha or reflective of actual psychological principles.

Sure, he cares. He cares in the sense that you’re being really annoying. But he doesn’t care about anything you’re talking about. There is a big difference. It’d be like talking to people endlessly about your hobby when they don’t care to hear any of it. Yeah, after a while it’s just plain annoying and people can and will get sick of being polite. But it doesn’t mean they all of a sudden now care about your hobby. A pest is a pest by any other name.

Last edited:
That’s been mostly up to you. You have made every attempt to troll and not ingratiate yourself. And your stated goal is to “make Apple fans look worse”.
It's not trolling when it's facts. I can prove mathematically that iPhone 15 is behind Android. This isn't a sports team where you can argue to infinity what is or isn't superior. We have numbers, we have facts, you just don't like them. Someone made a chart to list all the things iPhone 15 doesn't have compared to the S21 from 2021. It's not a matter of not accepting it, but you don't want others to accept those facts. Is it so hard to believe that the iPhone 15 is not the most advanced phone you can buy?
Using Rick and Morty basically says it all in terms of your maturity level.
At no point in this thread have I resorted to ad hominem, but you have. It's the tool of those who can't make a good argument. You can't claim higher maturity when you resort to grade school level tactics. Feel free to post counter arguments I've made, with facts.
That’s “Pop Psycology 101” which is very different than an actual psycological assessment. Psychologists get a bad wrap because people think that “reverse psychology” is some kind-of gotcha or reflective of actual psychological principles.
There's more people posting they don't care than I have fingers on my hand.
Speaking of maturity.

It's not trolling when it's facts. I can prove mathematically that iPhone 15 is behind Android. This isn't a sports team where you can argue to infinity what is or isn't superior. We have numbers, we have facts, you just don't like them. Someone made a chart to list all the things iPhone 15 doesn't have compared to the S21 from 2021. It's not a matter of not accepting it, but you don't want others to accept those facts. Is it so hard to believe that the iPhone 15 is not the most advanced phone you can buy?
Uh no. You just selected the facts you deem important, and then tried to tell us they have greater levels of importance or should have greater levels of importance for the rest of us.

On Cameras:
I posted a video, image quality on iPhone on all cameras is better than S23 Ultra - Fact
This includes having higher effective resolution despite “200 MP“ vs ”48 MP”, which I actually discussed at length in this thread. Better High ISO/noise performance. Better low light performance. Better low light color retention. Higher measurable dynamic range in videos. Better image stabilization. Faster aperture on the telephoto lens by double. - All Facts.
Camera works properly on iPhone in all apps, on Samsung it does not - Fact
All iPhones have no shutter lag whereas all Samsung devices have noticeable shutter lag - Fact
iPhone records to real RAW formats and has real LOG profiles for video. Samsung’s RAW format “exists” but is too unwieldy to actually be used regularly. -Fact
iPhone is capable of recording to a professional video format, ProRes. Samsung is not - Fact
Apple can record to Dolby Vision HDR, Samsung’s best shot is HDR+, which is their made up format. Also without LOG, there is no capability to grade HDR when trying to shoot for post on any Samsung device - Fact
iPhone Selfie cameras contain depth information allowing shallow depth of field and more complex background manipulation and removal, Samsung has no depth information on selfie camera - Fact
iPhone can be used as a webcam through integration. Beats all built in webcams and all 300+ dollar webcams. Does so wirelessly. Can give a top down view cleverly using the wide angle camera. Google/Samsung have no such feature(s) - Fact

On Hardware and performance:
Processors on all iPhone 15 models are faster than s23 Ultra - Fact
iPhone 15 Pro Max has longer battery life than s23 Ultra - Fact.
And this is despite the S23 Ultra having a 700mAH larger battery. -Fact
iPhone 15 Pro models have RT and Samsung does not - Fact
iOS has full games such as the next Assassins Creed game, Resident Evil 4 Remake, and Death Stranding coming to the platform. It also has full games like DoS 2 and Civ VI. Samsung has zero high end games on the platform - Fact
Has best wearable devices by at least 5 generations - Fact
iPhones has superior tracking features in both the U1 and U2 chip to keep track of valuables as well as family members and friends, integrations to give automated updates - Fact
Has better processes for actually making sure people get “perfect” phones, S23 Ultra had multiple defect issues including bubbles under the screen - Fact

On Support:
Gets updated apps faster on iPhone vs Samsung with far less glitches in daily usage, ironically including Google’s own apps because there is less variation to program for - Fact
iPhones are supported longer than any Samsung device in history. Samsung has “just” started to support for 4 years (they say, yet to be seen), every iPhone has had a minimum of 5 years and often 6 or more years. The XR is a 6 gen old phone that got the lastest iOS version. No Samsung device exists that has even had a chance to show Samsung actually following through for 4 years. - Fact
All iPhones get same day OS updates also going back 5+ years. Samsung lags long behind Google’s OS release schedule on all phones and phones have a history of getting few if any OS updates, including for exploits or glitches - Fact
Integrates with other Apple ecosystem parts that Samsung does not - Fact

On Privacy
FaceID remains the only secure facial scan for security purposes such as banking information - Fact
iOS has protected data repeatedly and is not a Trojan horse for ad companies like Google and all of its software - Fact
Apple does not use Chromium - Fact
Apple allows for blocking of all tracking information and Google still has not done this because it wants to put in more invasive tracking before it does - Fact
Androids true purpose is to be “the last mile” of tracking. If they did not produce a phone they would be giving up tons of user data, which is their only reason to produce the Android operating system - Fact
Apple has a system for anonymized email signups that works seamlessly across the entire OS regardless of application in order to prevent Google and others from using that email to track you. Google wants users to be tracked and has no such feature - Fact
iPhone has app sandbox to prevent other apps from spying on what you’re doing in any other app. Google actively does not want this functionality and does not have it - Fact

What you listed was a spec sheet, which actually fails at demonstrating actual superiority. It’s like trying to say your car has 600 HP and mine has 300 HP, when the actual number than matters is 0-60 times. 200MP cameras is a meaningless spec if it’s effective resolution loses to a 48MP camera. Which is a point you don’t seem to understand.

Samsung makes specs but those specs don’t actually give you greater performance - Fact. If you want proof of that, there is all of the above. You haven’t proved anything other than you’re selective at what you take in. It’s called “context” and you lack all of it.

If you want to prove that the S21 is superior as you claim, the way you would do so is not with a spec sheet, but of actual analysis of photos, daily usage, and real world benchmarks. Show me your math on image resolution, FPS/resolution/settings in games, and how long it takes to encode a 10 minute video. It’s fairly obvious which one will be faster in all ways that people actually use a phone. But I expect you’ll deny everything and just put up another troll video and say that a spec sheet makes you the winner.

So far all the ”actual math” shows Samsung way behind. Unless your goal is to read a spec sheet and turn off your brain.

At no point in this thread have I resorted to ad hominem, but you have.
Uh you just did below. And in the post before this.
It's the tool of those who can't make a good argument.
It’s been done. And you don’t listen. You don’t want a discussion. You’ve said that yourself - that your purpose in being here is to troll, in so many words. A reaction.
You can't claim higher maturity when you resort to grade school level tactics. Feel free to post counter arguments I've made, with facts.
If you want to talk about gradeschool level tactics, the equivalent of what you do is plug your ears with your fingers and go “lalalalalala” because you don’t respond actually to any form of counter. You just pile in more garbage.
There's more people posting they don't care than I have fingers on my hand.

Speaking of maturity.
View attachment 600837
Honestly your memes are more valuable than your thoughts.

You know what’s funny, you make no mention of the S23 Ultra basically being a refresh phone, but it’s all I hear about in terms of your comments on iPhone 15. Predictably biased.

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/EORAGMyDeC0?feature=shared

Last edited:
I have to say I was not expecting the 15 Pro to be all that much better than my old 12 Pro. It feels quite a bit snappier than my 12 Pro, FaceID takes maybe half the time, battery life so far is much better and it doesn't overheat like my old 12 Pro does when I am using carplay. I am pleasantly surprised and very happy with it.

Pick what you want, iPhone is popular for a lot of reasons and so is Android. I use both, but if I had to only have one its an iPhone and its not particularly close.

And you don’t listen. You don’t want a discussion. You’ve said that yourself - that your purpose in being here is to troll, in so many words.

the equivalent of what you do is plug your ears with your fingers and go “lalalalalala” because you don’t respond actually to any form of counter. You just pile in more garbage.

You are capable of identifying the troll, but incapable of not feeding it. It's time to move on young padawan.

I have to say I was not expecting the 15 Pro to be all that much better than my old 12 Pro. It feels quite a bit snappier than my 12 Pro, FaceID takes maybe half the time, battery life so far is much better and it doesn't overheat like my old 12 Pro does when I am using carplay. I am pleasantly surprised and very happy with it.

Pick what you want, iPhone is popular for a lot of reasons and so is Android. I use both, but if I had to only have one it’s an iPhone and it’s not particularly close.
It’s worth it just for the new chassis. IMO the 12/13/14 design was awful. Huge downgrade from the 11. It’s nice to have a phone that’s comfortable to hold again.

You are capable of identifying the troll, but incapable of not feeding it. It's time to move on young padawan.
You’re right. But I always want to give people the benefit of the doubt. But in a case like this I suppose I should just believe what the person says they are. And I’ve given plenty of chances already with the same result.

It’s worth it just for the new chassis. IMO the 12/13/14 design was awful. Huge downgrade from the 11. It’s nice to have a phone that’s comfortable to hold again.
I think there were some growing pains moving to a full redesign with the X and the subsequent phones that came after. The regular XR and 11 took a while to get options they likely should’ve just had. I owned and used the XR for 4 years though and my Dad still has one now. Despite its short-comings it was/is still a great phone (still supported 5+ years on too!). I had zero issues with it, I just wanted dual cameras that wouldn’t come until the 11. But at the time I really needed a new phone so I couldn’t wait another 6 months. Oh well.

I’ve felt that the 12 and up were great. The 13 and 14 in particular with the smaller notch and diagonal camera placement. Most people use cases, but even without the square edges don’t bother me. I’m really a fan of the ultra square design. But apparently it’s been an issue for quite a number of people. Enough to necessitate making a change and I didn’t know so many people were bothered by the square design of 12/13/14.

Not to say that I mind where the 15 has gone by keeping the look but also using clever manufacturing to round the corners and the back. Likely the best of both worlds for most people.

Maybe I’ll get a 16 Pro which will likely have same design, but I expect the telephoto lens will make it to the smaller phone. Which is what I want. I don’t really need to upgrade now though, mostly just wants and not needs.

Last edited:
The USB port on the 15 is weird,
It supports USB 2.0 limits for power transfer, but it does USB 3.2 Gen 2 for file transfer and communications if you are using one of the Apple certified cables as well as Thunderbolt 4.

The USB port on the 15 is weird,
It supports USB 2.0 limits for power transfer, but it does USB 3.2 Gen 2 for file transfer and communications if you are using one of the Apple certified cables as well as Thunderbolt 4.
15 or 15 pro? I don’t think the regular 15 has usb 3 support at all I thought?

15 or 15 pro? I don’t think the regular 15 has usb 3 support at all I thought?
He's just mis-reading stuff.

I guess the cable that is included with the 15 Pro isn't certified for USB3+ speeds. Although most will skip it for that, because it's honestly pretty short, and anyone who does a lot of transfers already has decent cables laying around.

He's just mis-reading stuff.

I guess the cable that is included with the 15 Pro isn't certified for USB3+ speeds. Although most will skip it for that, because it's honestly pretty short, and anyone who does a lot of transfers already has decent cables laying around.
Yeah the web page I was reading didn’t have it laid out well.

Put a 15 Pro up against my 12 Pro, I did notice a significant change in some games loading times. Apps seem to respond faster. Open camera? Faster to get the shot.

The misses gets the new phone first but may be worthwhile finally to swap.

Uh no. You just selected the facts you deem important, and then tried to tell us they have greater levels of importance or should have greater levels of importance for the rest of us.
Lets see because you actually addressed something. By something it seems you gave me a homework assignment.
On Cameras:
I posted a video, image quality on iPhone on all cameras is better than S23 Ultra - Fact
My video favored the S23 Ultra while yours favored the iPhone Pro Max, so image quality is subjective. What isn't is the zoom amount the S23 Ultra which can do 100X while the iPhone Pro Max can't. not even close.
Better low light color retention. Higher measurable dynamic range in videos. Better image stabilization. Faster aperture on the telephoto lens by double. - All Facts.
Again, my video says no but also subjective.
Camera works properly on iPhone in all apps, on Samsung it does not - Fact
How is this even a fact that can't be proven? When has the camera not working on Samsung? What impossible proof can you find to prove this?
All iPhones have no shutter lag whereas all Samsung devices have noticeable shutter lag - Fact
This is true but to be fair the S23 ultra is 200Mp vs the iPhones 48Mp. I would expect the Samsung to take more time to process an image.
iPhone records to real RAW formats and has real LOG profiles for video. Samsung’s RAW format “exists” but is too unwieldy to actually be used regularly. -Fact
How do you know it's too unwieldy to be used regularly? Neither you or I can make that claim.
iPhone is capable of recording to a professional video format, ProRes. Samsung is not - Fact
ProRes is an Apple only format, meaning that Samsung could never use it. Samsung though does have 8K while ProRes is just 4K. Seems like a mathematical win for Samsung.
Apple can record to Dolby Vision HDR, Samsung’s best shot is HDR+, which is their made up format.
So Apple can make up ProRes and Samsung can't make up HDR+? Also yes, Dolby Vision HDR is missing for the S23 Ultra, but that's mostly a licensing thing. Samsung has hdr10+, which is their own made up standard.
Also without LOG, there is no capability to grade HDR when trying to shoot for post on any Samsung device - Fact
That's more opinion than fact. LOG is kinda a film buffs thing that nobody cares about. But yes, S23 Ultra has no LOG support.
iPhone Selfie cameras contain depth information allowing shallow depth of field and more complex background manipulation and removal, Samsung has no depth information on selfie camera - Fact
Yes, S23 Ultra has no depth of field for front facing.
iPhone can be used as a webcam through integration. Beats all built in webcams and all 300+ dollar webcams. Does so wirelessly. Can give a top down view cleverly using the wide angle camera. Google/Samsung have no such feature(s) - Fact
Sure ok. You can add this feature with an app on S23 Ultra, but yes the iPhone comes with this built in while the S23 Ultra doesn't. Also this doesn't work on Windows, so half yes. You need Epocam to use the iPhone as a webcam, but this also applies to S23 Ultra.
On Hardware and performance:
Processors on all iPhone 15 models are faster than s23 Ultra - Fact
I'm gonna assume the 15 Pro and Max models will because I've not seen tests, but not the base iPhone 15 with the A16. I've already proven that iPhone's based on the A16 chip will thermal throttle bellow the S23 Ultra speed, and yes thermal throttling counts. Again, the A17 Pro chip is newer and will be faster than the Qualcomm SM8550-AC Snapdragon 8 Gen 2. So yes, iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max are faster.
iPhone 15 Pro Max has longer battery life than s23 Ultra - Fact.
And this is despite the S23 Ultra having a 700mAH larger battery. -Fact
Sorry, not confirmed.

View: https://youtu.be/Y8ZE0PWuO00?si=XFwi2xRmGG3OwI8x
iPhone 15 Pro models have RT and Samsung does not - Fact
The S23 Ultra has the Qualcomm Adreno 740 which does support Ray-Tracing.

View: https://youtu.be/kVPO5jpLbc8?si=MHBP-J73OFlyHUO8
iOS has full games such as the next Assassins Creed game, Resident Evil 4 Remake, and Death Stranding coming to the platform. It also has full games like DoS 2 and Civ VI. Samsung has zero high end games on the platform - Fact
It's not Samsung as much as Android, but Resident Evil 4 Remake is coming to Android as well. No Death Stranding for Android, but Civ VI is already on Android. Also, no Divinity Original Sin II is not on Android.
Has best wearable devices by at least 5 generations - Fact
The what? Is this a thing? Is this a thing people want? I guess yes?
iPhones has superior tracking features in both the U1 and U2 chip to keep track of valuables as well as family members and friends, integrations to give automated updates - Fact
Yea it's so good that my sister had to dump it because she could never find her cat with AirTag. Samsung has SmartTags so I'm not sure what the U1 or U2 chip is needed.
Has better processes for actually making sure people get “perfect” phones, S23 Ultra had multiple defect issues including bubbles under the screen - Fact
At this point your just padding stuff you can't back up. Most of the stuff you posted is subjective padding or poorly researched. If I wanted to point out games, there are no emulators on iOS. Android has openMW which means Morrowind. There's no Brutal Doom for iOS. Lets continue.
On Support:
Gets updated apps faster on iPhone vs Samsung with far less glitches in daily usage, ironically including Google’s own apps because there is less variation to program for - Fact
Again, how do you prove this is true? Again, there is no way for you or me to prove this is or isn't true.
iPhones are supported longer than any Samsung device in history. Samsung has “just” started to support for 4 years (they say, yet to be seen), every iPhone has had a minimum of 5 years and often 6 or more years. The XR is a 6 gen old phone that got the lastest iOS version. No Samsung device exists that has even had a chance to show Samsung actually following through for 4 years. - Fact
All iPhones get same day OS updates also going back 5+ years. Samsung lags long behind Google’s OS release schedule on all phones and phones have a history of getting few if any OS updates, including for exploits or glitches - Fact
This is true. This has been a problem for Android users because software support tends to stop within a few years or sooner.
Integrates with other Apple ecosystem parts that Samsung does not - Fact
You see this as a plus? On the flip side, Apple stuff doesn't integrate well with other devices. Remember when AppleTV could only work if you had an iPhone?
On Privacy
FaceID remains the only secure facial scan for security purposes such as banking information - Fact
Again, how do you know this is a fact? This is another one of those, you or me cant prove or disprove this.
iOS has protected data repeatedly and is not a Trojan horse for ad companies like Google and all of its software - Fact
Not really.

View: https://youtu.be/nQ9LR8homt4?si=f1k1_DPRY_a_HU-z
Apple does not use Chromium - Fact
On the flip side, you can't use any web browser without WebKit, which just makes every web browser into Safari. Chrome on iOS is just Safari with Chrome skin like every browser available on iOS. Also, Chromium is just the open source Google'less version of Chrome. Why is this a good thing to you?
Apple allows for blocking of all tracking information and Google still has not done this because it wants to put in more invasive tracking before it does - Fact
I'm just going to refer to the video above that explains why this isn't true. Remember, Android users and yes this includes Samsung, can just not use Google services. Google can't track you if you don't log into your Google account. It makes using your devices harder, but it can be done. Apple was sued last year for making their tracker button into a placebo, so yea false.
Androids true purpose is to be “the last mile” of tracking. If they did not produce a phone they would be giving up tons of user data, which is their only reason to produce the Android operating system - Fact
Yes but iOS isn't any different. In fact, it's worse on iOS devices. You trust Apple to stop tracking you, while on Android you can just not use Google services. Remember when Apple gave in to China and let them have their way with Apple devices to stop protests? There's a reason why Hong Kong users are buying less iPhones today.
Apple has a system for anonymized email signups that works seamlessly across the entire OS regardless of application in order to prevent Google and others from using that email to track you. Google wants users to be tracked and has no such feature - Fact
Again, you don't have to use Gmail on Android. You can actually use FairEmail or many other alternatives. I imagine even iOS must have alternatives for email clients besides Apple.
iPhone has app sandbox to prevent other apps from spying on what you’re doing in any other app. Google actively does not want this functionality and does not have it - Fact
No, Android has kernel-level Application Sandbox. Sandboxed is on by default for a very long time now. It's also super annoying since I have to give apps permissions when they first start.
Samsung makes specs but those specs don’t actually give you greater performance - Fact.
The faster USB will. The faster charging will with 1 hour full charge from dead using a 45W charger. The iPhone 15 Pro isn't even charging at their rumored 35W, but at 27W. S23 will reach 65% in 30 min while the iPhone 15 Pro reaches 50% in 30 min.
So far all the ”actual math” shows Samsung way behind. Unless your goal is to read a spec sheet and turn off your brain.
8GB to 12GB of ram for the S23 vs 8GB for iPhone Pro Max. Regular iPhone 15 has 6GB
8K for S23 Ultra vs 4k for iPhone 15 Pro Max <- I know you dismissed this but again subjective
45W charging vs not really 35W iPhone Pro Max
100 zoom vs 5X zoom
USB 3.2 vs USB 3.1 only on Pro and Max models
1440 x 3088 vs 1290 x 2796

Keep in mind that this list you can actually benefit from, unlike most of the junk you listed. And yes, it's a poorly researched list that is extremely biased. Also the S23 Ultra isn't new, as it was released in February 2023. S23 Ultra will obviously lose in some areas to the iPhone 15 Pro Max, because it's old. Remember, the S23 Ultra is old and not new like the iPhone 15's. That's rather impressive for Samsung's S23 Ultra for being several months old. iPhone 15's just came out, so you'd expect them to beat every aspect of the S23 Ultra, but it doesn't come close. Sure the A17 Pro is faster, and the camera is faster at taking pictures, and you can argue the photo quality is better but that's about it. Again, the photo quality is extremely subjective.
You know what’s funny, you make no mention of the S23 Ultra basically being a refresh phone, but it’s all I hear about in terms of your comments on iPhone 15. Predictably biased.

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/EORAGMyDeC0?feature=shared

What phone isn't a refresh phone? I just wanted to point out that video you posted has been down voted to hell. Should I list that as a benefit to Android users, to being able to see down votes on YouTube? The benefits of forcing everyone to use Webkit, amiright? Is that really a surprise when he's just giving his opinion as fact on OneUI. He also claims the S23 ultra isn't cheap at $1,200, ignoring that the iPhone 15 Pro Max is also $1,200. Using opinions as facts and not doing research on claims? Sounds very familiar. I feel I've done more effort in replying than what you posted. I think what you've posted was just copied from a Apple fan post from another forum.
down vote hell.png

Last edited:
I'm gonna leave this here. Don't hate the messenger.
View attachment 601299
Those Galaxy folds scare me, how the fuck do they work!!! how do they hold together like that? So many questions!!!
I am convinced the only possible answer is a Faustian bargain and a little bit of your soul is chipped away every time you fold the device.

Those Galaxy folds scare me, how the fuck do they work!!! how do they hold together like that? So many questions!!!
I am convinced the only possible answer is a Faustian bargain and a little bit of your soul is chipped away every time you fold the device.
wife had the flip 3 before going back to apple. The fold starts to discolor over time. Not sure if it is a failure of the display or the surface substrate distorting light after so many flexes.

wife had the flip 3 before going back to apple. The fold starts to discolor over time. Not sure if it is a failure of the display or the surface substrate distorting light after so many flexes.
I heard those devices have a hard limit to how many times it can be folded before the screen starts to degrade.

Bendable as currently implemented is just trash from a user experience standpoint.

I heard those devices have a hard limit to how many times it can be folded before the screen starts to degrade.
yea i wanna say it was about a year in is when it was easily noticeable. We were being hopeful that maybe since it was the 3rd generation that they might have improved it enough to be worth getting.

I appreciate them trying to be different but honestly they should have let that die off.

yea i wanna say it was about a year in is when it was easily noticeable. We were being hopeful that maybe since it was the 3rd generation that they might have improved it enough to be worth getting.

I appreciate them trying to be different but honestly they should have let that die off.
It's 100% a fad, and is already dying off. Anyone I know who got one in the past few years entirely regrets it, because even if the screen itself doesn't just fail outright from the folding, it still scratches super easy and looks like shit after real world usage. Sure - You can put film protection on, but the film protection is just garbage as well since it's not a glass type of protector.

I just don't get the point of having the huge fold out display when it quickly looks like shit, and even out of the box has a nasty line in the middle no matter what you do. At that point - Who cares that you have a bigger screen? Christ, could you imagine the 'gate' shitstorm if Apple used this current fold technology and released an iPhone with it?

I predict Apple will eventually make a folding phone without these issues. It just may take another 5+ years for materials science to have screens that can fold, that are durable, and don’t have an ugly crease after the fact.

And then predictably Android users will proclaim: “Apple calls this innovation when Samsung and Google 10 years ago!”

The issue has never been “capacity” the issue is whether or not the product is good because of it instead of in spite of it. Which just to talk about an entirely different market is how we’re waiting for the electric car market to tip. (Is the range long enough, can you charge it quickly enough, is it inexpensive enough? etc).

I predict Apple will eventually make a folding phone without these issues. It just may take another 5+ years for materials science to have screens that can fold, that are durable, and don’t have an ugly crease after the fact.

And then predictably Android users will proclaim: “Apple calls this innovation when Samsung and Google 10 years ago!”

The issue has never been “capacity” the issue is whether or not the product is good because of it instead of in spite of it. Which just to talk about an entirely different market is how we’re waiting for the electric car market to tip. (Is the range long enough, can you charge it quickly enough, is it inexpensive enough? etc).
I still think the future of phones is that the phone will become irrelevant, and when we get to the point where you can have that level of functionality just in the watch, the watch will entirely replace the phone. You might still have people carry around a foldable screen thing of some sort that is entirely driven by the watch wirelessly.

I still think the future of phones is that the phone will become irrelevant, and when we get to the point where you can have that level of functionality just in the watch, the watch will entirely replace the phone. You might still have people carry around a foldable screen thing of some sort that is entirely driven by the watch wirelessly.
Pretty sure the future is the eyephone, I saw it on a documentary.
IMG_0731.jpeg

Last edited:
Unlikely that it will be a watch just because of screen real estate. People use phones as their primary computing device. To even watch full movies, shows, and Youtube on. Holding up my arm for 2 minutes to have a quick phone conversation on my watch just plain sucks.

I do think wearables will take over however. Glasses/Contacts that “are” the computer (or can connect wirelessly and indiscernibly from the computing source regardless of location) will be able to give “infinite“ visual space. AR I think is the future. Might take another 20 years for “computer” glasses that look indiscernible (or nearly so anyway) from regular glasses to exist though. Even audio there could be bone conducting or otherwise localized through glasses.

Pretty sure the future is the eyephone, I saw it on a documentary. View attachment 601404
Yes.

Back