Anyone savin up and or excited for the 4090 Ti?

Anyone savin up and or excited for the 4090 Ti?

• Total voters
The definition of a good friend: he sacrifices $$ to do a nice thing for you. My guy decided against returning his 4090 so he could sell it to me. $1500 for his brand new/sealed 4090 Suprim X. It'll be a couple weeks until he's back in town, but this officially became my favorite Friday night of all time!! :) (y) :happy:

EDIT: Now that I'm about to joinTeam 4090, is there really a problem with the power connectors melting?
As long as you know how to plug in the connector properly and check that it is in fact seated properly, no.

The definition of a good friend: he sacrifices $$ to do a nice thing for you. My guy decided against returning his 4090 so he could sell it to me. $1500 for his brand new/sealed 4090 Suprim X. It'll be a couple weeks until he's back in town, but this officially became my favorite Friday night of all time!! :) (y) :happy:

EDIT: Now that I'm about to joinTeam 4090, is there really a problem with the power connectors melting?
Insert the damn connector all the way, make sure it is snug... and nope hopefully. I've been running my MSI Suprim X 4090 at max OC since I got it like 6 months ago.. with 108% power target (520W), +105Mhz Core, +1350Mhz memory and +100% voltage. Not a single issue and barely even hits 60C under full load in the summer (was even cooler in the winter when I got it)... lol. The MSI 4090 Suprim X is SOLID, enjoy! ;) I love how the card has performed and TBH was the best looking card IMO.

I bought the Corsair 12vhpwr cable that plugs right into the PSU for my 4090. I didn't want to take my chance with any of the adapters. The stock MSI one for the Suprim X is 4 PCIE 8 pins into the 12vhpwr, I've messed around with enough electronic wiring in my time and all those thick wires going into a smaller connector = bad idea. I made damn sure both ends were plugged in and secure. No problems so far, knock on wood. Gotta install a fan soon and will double check nothing has melted just to be sure.

I bought the Corsair 12vhpwr cable that plugs right into the PSU for my 4090. I didn't want to take my chance with any of the adapters. The stock MSI one for the Suprim X is 4 PCIE 8 pins into the 12vhpwr, I've messed around with enough electronic wiring in my time and all those thick wires going into a smaller connector = bad idea. I made damn sure both ends were plugged in and secure. No problems so far, knock on wood. Gotta install a fan soon and will double check nothing has melted just to be sure.
FWIW, I've been using the 4 to 1 adapter with no issues on my setup.. However, aside from ensuring it was secure multiple times, I do have the required 30mm+ distance before bending as well.

I'd rather have a 48GB Titan that was originally rumored (if price was right) but this gen I settled on RTX 4070.

that 4-slot cooler doe...

Maybe the 5000 series will come with the updated design. I don't see it coming anytime soon.

I too use the 600W Corsair 12VHPWR cable on my HX1000i. I don't like the idea of having 3 or 4 PCIe outlets from the Nvidia adapter. Just seems bulky and the risk of bending/fraying or whatever is too great for my liking. The Corsair cable is so high quality, and only 2x PCIe plugs to the back of the PSU.

4090 is so fast that I'm not even bothered lol.

The only reason I'd upgrade the 4090 now is for productivity. Lightroom batch exports are GPU accelerated, and I can see nearly 24GB of VRAM being used during such exports. So a 48GB card would find a happy home here, as long as it games as well as a 4090.

My best buddy came through for me!! He said the wifey relented on her insistence that he return it when he let her know it was going to me. She's always had a sweet spot for me in her heart. :)

PXL_20230726_165159744.jpg

My best buddy came through for me!! He said the wifey relented on her insistence that he return it when he let her know it was going to me. She's always had a sweet spot for me in her heart. :)

View attachment 585726
I kept the box for mine and threw my old 2080Ti in it (as my 3090 is in use in another PC right now). The presentation was nice and its a great place to keep my older card safe.

5,000 series will be landing in 2025 which is a year and a half away. So all of us that are have been enjoying the 4090 since release all the way up till who knows mid 2025 are ballin lol see how the waiting game doesn't always pay off and the enjoyment game is in full swing if you have a 4090 lol

5,000 series will be landing in 2025 which is a year and a half away. So all of us that are have been enjoying the 4090 since release all the way up till who knows mid 2025 are ballin lol see how the waiting game doesn't always pay off and the enjoyment game is in full swing if you have a 4090 lol

Yes, thank the lord I waited over a decade for a GPU/CPU upgrade. Timed that just right! :D:p

Hell naw. You know it will be $2K and only 10% faater than a 4090 OC, if that, and be less efficient.

Back