Anyone savin up and or excited for the 4090 Ti?

Anyone savin up and or excited for the 4090 Ti?

• Total voters
Maybe. If there's a pre-blocked version of it. I hate tearing apart GPUs to put water blocks on. There was only one pre-blocked 4090, and it wasn't available in the US.

Otherwise I'll wait till the 5080 and switch to that - 4080 had a lot of blocked cards, but wasn't fast enough over my 3090 to justify it.

Sure, if they launch it at 1200-1300 € not at the current extortion rates
Extortion rate on a non essential top end entertainment item? I'm holding out for the 5090 probably, my rtx 3080 has me going fine at 4k still.

Last edited:
Corsair 2018 RM850x - enough? If not, I'm willing to buy my own PSU. :)
i don't think that will be enough to be safe

anyone offering up the 4090 Ti will have to throw in a new PSU too to help u

I’ve been getting back into performance per watt and smaller builds again so not a chance. It’s always fun to see how far performance can be pushed but I’m not interested in buying one.

My 4090 is already well more than enough at 4K, WTF will I do with a 4090Ti other than heat my house in the winter with 600W+ of power? :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, not a single game struggles with this thing, and those that need a bump have DLSS 3.0 Frame Generation and work remarkably. I generally always try to snag top of the line at a series release, but this card might give me a pause when 5xxx launches in late 2024 (if history is an indication).

Nope, the 4090 already does everything better than I need it to. Not interested in a new GPU until next generation, assuming game graphics keep up with the hardware.

Decided to get a 240hz oled to go with my already overpowered 4090. I skipped the 3090ti and will probably skip the 4090ti as well.

My 4090 is already well more than enough at 4K, WTF will I do with a 4090Ti other than heat my house in the winter with 600W+ of power? :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, not a single game struggles with this thing, and those that need a bump have DLSS 3.0 Frame Generation and work remarkably. I generally always try to snag top of the line at a series release, but this card might give me a pause when 5xxx launches in late 2024 (if history is an indication).
Why go the 4090 over, say, the 4080?

Because I game at 4k 144Hz, so I aim for the best I can buy at the time I upgrade, which is usually a few months after release. The 4090 is a stellar 4K card in every way.
So I think that's going to be the target audience of the 4090 Ti, people who want the best, with no asterisk.

So I think that's going to be the target audience of the 4090 Ti, people who want the best, with no asterisk.
Oh for sure, I wouldn't debate that. Just that far into the series cycle, I'd rather jump on the next series. Unless the 5xxx shoots blanks, the 4090Ti would be bested less than a year down the road. Sure, I could sell the 4090, pick up a 4090Ti and get that slight bump in performance and maybe more with OCing, but just not worth the hassle or price increase (for me anyway) so late in the series.

no solid rumors on it. I really highly doubt we see one anytime soon, given nvidia is admitting that they are actually going to be using the consumer CPU for the AI demand since hey cant produce enough pro cards. I don't see them pushing too hard for 4090ti in gamer space given how fast 4090 is and they will be competing with themselves.

I imagine that the 12VHPWR connector issue, as overblown as it may be (in terms of absolute % of affected users), might also play a part in their decision to not pursue a higher-powered consumer-level card for the time being, until they dial in the connector situation a bit. They probably don't have the time to do any redesign of the connector itself, but maybe going forward they'd add more material to the female end, or enforce the use of solid pins only, not sure.

Or, nv being nv, they might not care about that and just release a new card anyway :U

I don't see a major draw to the 40 series over the 30 series... I'd rather hold out for the 50 series before selling any kidneys, heh.

Nope. I can think of 1500 other reasons to spend $1500 bucks on a graphics card.

I would pass on the Ti version. I did that with my 3090 and then the 3090 Ti and just don't see the need to do that again.

I’ve been waiting for news on a 4080Ti,
The AD103 being a bit of a small chip they were able to go close to fully use it.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-rtx-4080.c3888
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/nvidia-ad103.g1012

95% enabled it seem,outside some surprise GDRR7 edition that remove the lower memory bandwidth or enough bad AD102 laying around it would be quite modest, using the occasion for officially pushing down 4080 price could be nice.

I have a 3090 with a waterblock on it...

We play Farm Sim 2022, Flight Sim and Minecraft. Right now, I think I'm good. I wish there was a way to render more than 32 chunks in minecraft and be able to use seus ptgi with a higher resolution texture pack. That combo can get me into the 30s. If it could render further, then maybe more than a 3080/90 may be called for.

The good news is the price, staying at $1600. Oh, that's per year, sorry...

Corsair 2018 RM850x - enough? If not, I'm willing to buy my own PSU. :)
First strike = using the RM series
Second strike = full TDP of the 4090 Ti would be 600W for the FE vs. 450W for standard

My PC uses 650-700W with a regular 4090. Potentially adding another 150W pushes you to the edge of the 850W PSU, especially how you need to take transient spikes into account. They're not as bad as they were with Ampere, but they're still there.

I am thinking of either buying a 4070 TI, or 4080. My kid needs a new GPU, and my 3070 Ti would be a good upgrade from his 980 Classified.

Dammit.

Reactions: pavel
like this
Back