Antec NSK4480B PC Case with PS 380 @ BB B&M YMMV $24.99

Why would you want a minitower in exchange for the rocketfish??

The Rocketfish is to big since the store didn't have one on display I figured that out when I got home :eek:

But for the 50 and change I tossed it in my closet:D

Found one on the top shelf hiding in a corner, got an employee to scan it and it showed up at $54 and was able to convince him/manager to get it down to $25

First time I've had any BB people actually be nice and help me out

$27 something after tax... mainly wanted the PSU but either way it's cheaper and higher quality than that POS Dynex one I grabbed before...

Found one on the top shelf hiding in a corner, got an employee to scan it and it showed up at $54 and was able to convince him/manager to get it down to $25

First time I've had any BB people actually be nice and help me out

$27 something after tax... mainly wanted the PSU but either way it's cheaper and higher quality than that POS Dynex one I grabbed before...

Yeah, the Dynex case is decent but their PSU's are hit and miss. I have two or three rigs running in the 500w dynex case combo. The cases look nice and are decent to work with on the inside, but out of the three of them, my wife's PSU is very noisy. I don't have anything power hungry in there, but I'll probably replace it with an Antec out of one of these cases (I have an old silver one, and now the new black one I picked up yesterdy.)

They aren't big enough to fit an 8800gtx or similar

I'm sure they're big enough, afterall there is an ATX standard.

They just don't have enough wattage.

Physical size, in this case, doesn't matter.

Got the last one in Green Bay WI (24.99). I like the case, just waiting on my 9800gt to complete my new rig :)

Well, no there is no standard for card length. The 8800GTX overhangs most boards by a large margin, so the card won't fit cases that are too short front to back or that have drive bays too close.

True, but what if you already owned that card and needed a better case? You wouldn't want to have to buy a new video card just to make it fit in a case.

If you have an 8800GTX I would think that you could afford/want a case a little nicer than this. This is a good budget system case.

Thanks OP for this thread! I just got the only one available in my city! (Sacramento California)
Payed a total of $ 26.93 Out the door, and i stole this from there shelves hoping it might help one of you guys? LOL

They are clearance across the board in North Carolina. At my store it was ringing up at $43.99, but in RSS (our stock count and pricing system), it was showing up at $24.99 so I got a manager to just override it to that. Greensboro, NC has 2 of them at $27.99. I may swing by there while I'm out in a little while and just print off a bunch of different stock counts with price for different regions.

I'm going to use mine to build a low-end workstation I'll end up giving to either my mom or brother.

They are clearance across the board in North Carolina. At my store it was ringing up at $43.99, but in RSS (our stock count and pricing system), it was showing up at $24.99 so I got a manager to just override it to that. Greensboro, NC has 2 of them at $27.99. I may swing by there while I'm out in a little while and just print off a bunch of different stock counts with price for different regions.

I'm going to use mine to build a low-end workstation I'll end up giving to either my mom or brother.

Yea thanks for the idea! im in California but got family in Charlotte, ill let them know to check out the bestbuy. Not to sure what i wanna do with this case, may actually swap out my pc and use this case. My coolermaster Centurion 534 is way to noisy... Or i can just save up and wait for another fry's cpu and mobo combo and make a budget pc! Anyone here know any good deals on cpu + motherboard? and by the way, print the tag i uploaded and bring it to the store, it will help alot! They also chareged me 47$, but after we walked all around the store for the tag they took 25$ lol

Can you check the Greenville, SC and Columbia, SC areas.

Just picked one up as a spare. the Moreno Valley East store has two more left. you have to get the manager to over-ride the price to $24.99 i told them that i was at a differnet BB and they said the Moreno Valley East store has 4 at $24.99

I just picked one up today while working for $24.99. Employee cost on this is $30 MORE than I paid, so this is a great deal.

I now have two (one housing my server and this one).

Back