Answers for Windows Mobile Training

ChingChang

Supreme [H]ardness
There have been some changes to this training course since I put together this list. Some courses may be unavailable, or new ones might have been made. I'll update this post as they add new ones. If I've missed something, PM me or reply to this thread.

I have put together this list of answers for the Windows Mobile Training site for those of you who wish to quickly complete the training, or if you are just having some trouble. Check out this thread if you would like to participate.

I added some colors to make it easier to read
smile.gif
The orange text is for the different courses, gold is the different quizzes within the courses, notes are in grey, and the answers are in red.

Anyway, here it is. I hope this helps.

While doing each course, don't just go directly to the quizzes. You have to complete each section in order to get your points, so just click through them quickly if you want to get it done fast.

Registration (100 points)
allow them to send emails when you register (50 points)

CORE CURRICULUM
Overview (200 points)
no quizzes, just click through

Pocket PC (225 points total)
- Solutions Quiz
1) B
2) A
3) A

- Selling Quiz
1) D
2) B
3) A
4) C

- Practice
1) D
2) D
3) B
4) D
5) B

Pocket PC Phone (225 points total)
- Solutions Quiz
1) D
2) A
3) A

- Selling (customers needs)
1) B
2) A
3) B

- Selling Quiz
1) A
2) C
3) D
4) A
5) C

- Practice
1) B
2) D
3) D
4) D
5) Jake -2
Linda - 1
Paul - 3

Smartphone (200 points total)
- Solutions Quiz
1) D
2) F
3) D
4) B
5) E

- Selling Quiz
1) B
2) E
3) C
4) C

- Practice (like a coordinate plane. The top left being (1, 1))
Set 1 - (1, 2) (2, 1) (3, 3)
Set 2 - (3, 1) (1, 3) (4, 1)
Set 3 - (4, 2) (3, 2) (2, 2)
Image of these answers:
http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload7/smartphone_ans.gif

NEW!!! - for some reason it's not giving me the points yet though.
Portable Media Center (??? points total) note to self-570 at start
- Portable Media Center Practice
My Music
1) top left green button
2) down directional button
3) "ok" button
4) right directional button
5) down directional button

My Pictures
1) "ok" button
2) top left green button
3) down directional button
4) "ok" button
5) play button on the right

My TV/Video
1) top left green button
2) down directional button
3) "ok" button
4) right directional button
5) play button on the right

- Portable Media Center Customers
1) C (Portable Media Centers)
2) B (Pocket PC)
3) A (Phones)
4) C (Portable Media Centers)

- Readiness Test
1) A
2) C
3) B
4) C
5) A

Wi-Fi (200 points total)
- Start Quiz
1) D
2) B
3) D
4) C
5) D

- Solutions Quiz
1) D
2) A
3) C

- Practice
C A D
D D B
A C D
Image of these answers:
http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload7/wifi_ans.gif

HARDWARE COURSES
Audiovox PPC4100 (100 points)
- Prove it Quiz
1) Office Online - 3
2) Enhanced Outlook Calendar - 5
3) ActiveSync - 1
4) Internet Explorer - 2

T-Mobile MDA II (100 points)
- Prove it Quiz
1) Bluetooth wireless connectivity - 3
2) Windows Media Player 9 - 2
3) ActiveSync - 5
4) Reflective Display - 4

<note: I don't know if this test is still available. Please let me know if it is or not :)>
All Courses Test (250 points if you pass, 100 more if you get 100% correct)
The All Courses Test can be found at the Windows Mobile Training home page.

This test is 10 qustions long. Get 8 correct and you pass, and get em all right for 100 more ponts. Questions are randomly selected. Here are some of the questions. I redid it like 5 or 6 times to get all the questions, and I'm pretty sure this is most, if not all of them. Let me know if there are any I haven't mentioned.

Special thanks to CrimandEvil, Ibuprofane, and logicality12 for helping with this list

Q: Andrea likes the familiarity and personal productivity features of the Pocket PC Phone, but she has concerns about the phone functionality. What should you do?
A: D

Q: How can a Pocket PC user connect wirelessly at a hotspot?
A: B

Q: How would you sell a Wi-Fi device to a business traveller?

Q: Is it possible to use Wi-Fi at home?
A: C

Q: Laurie wants her mobile device tailored to her personal needs. What features might be best to emphasize to her?

Q: The Pocket PC Phone will enable users to synchronize with their workplace Outlook or other Windows applications.
A: A

Q: What are the five key selling points of Windows Mobile devices?

Q: What can a Smartphone user do within a contact with just one hand?

Q: What is a Wi-Fi integrated mobile device?

Q: What is Bluetooth?

Q: What is the best way to keep Outlook wirelessly updated on the Smartphone?

Q: What is the emerging standard that promises to deliver faster speeds and is backward compatible with the previous standard?

Q: What is the typical range for the most common type of Wi-Fi connection (IEEE 802.11b)?

Q:Where might a business traveler have trouble connecting to a hotspot?

Q: Which email formats are supported by Smartphone?
A: F

Q: Which features or options would you demonstrate for a customer interested in picture and camera capabilities?
A: F

Q: Which might be a good qualifying question for a potential Smartphone customer who has stated that she is out of the office a lot?

Q: You have a customer who needs constant updates to his changing schedule and data. He is involved with many projects daily. What can you tell him about the Pocket PC to make the sale?

Q: Your customer questions the practicality of checking e-mail messages on the Smartphone. What should you show or tell him?

Q: Your customer says "Pocket PC Phones seem cool, but what I need is a single tool to help me access people and information more quickly and easily." How do you respond?

If you have done all the courses and gotten everything correct, you should have 1750 points by now. Refer 5 people and get 200 points from each, and you should have 2750 total points.
(to get the referral points make sure they use the link in their email to register, and then complete at least once course)
The referral program is now inactive. Hopefully they'll do something like that again soon.'

Sign in once a week and get 10 points free!

Very nice list you put together. Too bad for me I already did it all :(

It really wasn't overly difficult. If you can't get the answers (especially since it gives them to you if you get one or more wrong and you can go back and redo the test) then you really shouldn't be using a computer in any form :)

I have XP Pro, Office XP Pro, Flight Sim 2004, and the Pen coming to me.
I hope they actually send it all.

I would have had the mouse and keyboard things but they damn flash thing (word of advice... DONT CLICK SUBMIT ORDER MORE THAN ONCE) it takes your points away and doesnt submit your order. I was pissed.

Hmm, Office XP isn't even available in their rewards list anymore, though I am curious how you managed to get 4800 points considering the quizes give you 1750 and the referals another 1000, for a total of 2750.

Logged in right now and Office XP Pro is on my screen at 2500 points... Maybe you are scrolling over enough Dargon.

Hmm it just wouldn't scroll when I tried it, but then again I'm currently lacking sleep (damn insomnia) so maybe I was just hallucinating :)

Still doesn't answer how the hell he got that many points without making multiple accounts.

damn.. i must have missed a question somewhere, cause i only got 1725 points...

oh well... time to refer some people

can you refer more than five people for 200 points each? i guses it is time to find out..

You will only get up to 1000 points for the referrals, which is 5 people.

Heres a new question for the All Courses Test:
Laurie wants her mobile device tailored to her personal needs. What features might be best to emphasize to her to her?
Answer D

The least I could is the extra question I got since I just earned the points for XP Pro :D
Thanks! (I hope that it's not an update disc lol)

I'm of the opinion that we're pushing the bounds on this deal as it is, start getting multiple packages at the sane address and MS will can the deal right quick.

gymboy689 said:
you can always make another account and get another 1750 points :)
Thats a pretty stupid idea seeing as the guys at MS aren't totally idiots and can see multi packages going to the same address. :rolleyes:

It's on the home page for the wireless training. I'll add that in the answer thing.

chingchang, sorry if im blind or something but on the homepage all i see is the mp3 player sweepstakes then on the right i see the referrals under which is the live training points and then the overview and finally some dallas thing

Registered today, but I cannt even see Rewards and referal options. I am missing audio vox tests, final tests. Does microsoft have a different page for Canadians?

Office XP is on there, it's just almost hidden, you have to scroll really far... then for me you have to click really fast or it runs away.

Edit: That's on mozilla - works fine on IE.

Don't order multple items like 3 wireless mice etc

and it has to be a real company not joe bloeme's computers etc it asks for a retail chain

phatmatt said:
Don't order multple items like 3 wireless mice etc

and it has to be a real company not joe bloeme's computers etc it asks for a retail chain

uerm..

anyone have a company name thats usable on this?

has anyone tried the plain PC online retail training? Looks like it's similar... The link is right below the list of items on the left hand column where the training courses are listed.

Back