Android Captures Record 80% Market Share In Q2

And for people running around with unpatched super security holes, being spied on by alphabet soup agencies, and for letting Google know everything and anything you do. :D

(At least, for the 20 minutes your battery lasts on a full charge between reboots from crashy abandonware apps you got off Google Play, the ultimate place to download 30 different non-functional versions of any program you can imagine.)
LOL. At least your hyperbole/trolling is obvious enough that we know not to take it too seriously.

My S3 has 60-70% battery left at the end of a day of light-moderate use and runs every type of app I care about, including an incredibly useful and stable one that has no iOS equivalent (to my knowledge).

Did I read that correctly, Google lets anything in while Microsoft "takes the time to filter" ... You sure you want to go down this road?

Q0Bwh5u.jpg

But wait.. there's more.

Click anywhere.

LOL! They are desperate for content.

Google lets pretty much anyone put an app up in Google Play. They don't take the time to filter stuff out like Apple and Microsoft do so you get a bunch of awful programs that all try to do the same thing as each other, but none of them do it correctly.

Im not talking about your run of the mill app that shows up one day then dissapears the next.

lol, come to think of it, they blew up 2 Apollo missions and 2 shuttles.
NASA's safety policies are a matter of willful negligence. How their decision to switch to Windows plays into that remains to be seen.

LOL. At least your hyperbole/trolling is obvious enough that we know not to take it too seriously.

My S3 has 60-70% battery left at the end of a day of light-moderate use and runs every type of app I care about, including an incredibly useful and stable one that has no iOS equivalent (to my knowledge).

How in the world do you have that much battery left? I have an S2 and I would kill for mine to even be in that ballpark. I leave my house for work at 7:30 AM and by the time I get settled in at work about 45 minutes later my phone is already down to 90%. I do keep sync on most of the time though. I keep the brightness all the way down, no live wallpapers, no GPS, WiFi turned off once I leave. I have tested it w/sync turned off too and it makes little difference. By the end of the work day, not even have really used it, my phone would be at about 10% or close to dead. In fact I can rarely get more than 6 hours of light use out of phone and it's only really 1 year old.

Google has done well with Android but it has put too much power in the hands of the carriers and the OEMs ... it will be interesting to see if they can now begin the transition to Chrome which will restore the power where it belongs ... back to Google

It is unclear if Apple really cares that much about market share ... they seem very happy with the profit they make on their 5% (or so) of the laptop/desktop market (I think they could live with a small percentage of the phone market too, as long as it is a profitable segment) ... because Google has this obsession with free they really have no choice but to go for market share to make their money on advertising ... it would be nice to see Google focus a little more on products that can make money through fees (they might kill fewer projects that way ... iGoogle I'm looking at you) ;)

Google has made plenty of missteps with Android. The architecture is such that Android devices typically require higher specs than competing devices to achieve similar levels of performance, and everyone knows that they've given carriers too much free reign.

But it smartly used a marginal commitment to open source to spread Android far and wide, and it's beginning to pay off. It's hilarious watching the Apple crowd fall back to its hipster roots and embracing its identity as the "rebel" once again without pausing to consider the reasons for doing so.

As long as the Apple crowd is content to leer at us commoners (the ones with less expensive Android devices, anyway; the ones with off-year iDevices get a pass) without doing anything of any real significance, I don't think Google has much to worry about. For now. But if history is any indicator, Google will be ousted by a new challenger if it becomes complacent.

Google has made plenty of missteps with Android. The architecture is such that Android devices typically require higher specs than competing devices to achieve similar levels of performance, and everyone knows that they've given carriers too much free reign.

Rightly so, they had to because Apple hadn't given the carriers enough reign. Regardless, the "Google Play" (Nexus) versions of phones and tablets are excellent and offer an alternative to the carrier branded stuff. And regardless, even the carrier locked down phones - generally speaking - have a backdoor that allows sideloading. The times AT&T and friends tried to plug that there was enough backlash that they reversed.

So at a minimum Android is an O/S that respects its owner enough to let him hold the keys to his own house. And for that reason alone I won't even consider anything else be it Apple or Microsoft since they believe in closed, locked down environments -- you know, to "keep you safe"

Back