AMD Raid expand volume 3 x NVMe (7700x / x670e / RAIDExpert2)

ThirdLeft152

Limp Gawd
So all,

I'm having an issue expanding a newly built raid 0 volume (3 x 500GB M.2 NVMe drives) which I placed a Windows system image from the original 1 TB m.2 NVMe drive.

I am running across a problem where I am unable to expand the main partition (C) as there is a Windows recovery partition between it and the remaining unallocated (~474GB).

I thought ok in the past GParted was perfect for this, but I'm not sure that there are any actual Linux drivers for the AMD-RAID DID for Linux.

Any solutions anyone can think of? I'd hate to rebuild my installation and lose my configuration and would love to have the additional 474GB for my C drive.

Thanks all for any suggestions,

TL

diskpart will nuke it then you have free space in disk management.
Back up first and then try this.....

https://www.lifewire.com/delete-windows-recovery-partition-4128723

Thank you, i will give it a try.

Does look like the recovery partition (i meant in the - original post - from the manufacture for re-install) would need to be deleted. Have a solid backup currently maybe I can dump that recovery partition to the end.

Thanks for the suggestion. Will try and report back!

Was the array originally built as 2X500Gig and you're adding another drive?

No, this was from a single 1TB NVMe.

I never use recovery partitions so I often nuke them.
It is always best to rebuild with an offline disk image backup or install media.
There have been viruses that use the recovery partition install to reinfect the system.

Back