AMD Earnings Preview @ Seeking Alpha

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Seeking Alpha editor gives a bit of preview for AMD's earning call to be given on January 31st.

AMD's expected loss in the quarter may take some steam out from the stock's strong performance in the last year. Of all the stocks I covered, AMD accounted for the five-fold return. For this year, a successful release of Ryzen will not only mean AMD holding 2016's gains on the markets, but new yearly highs for its share price.

Even with 18 analysts putting a negative spin on average earnings expectations, it is hard to look at AMD stock in a negative light since its share price is up around 500% since last May.

Well , AMD always manages to screw things up. They could make lemons out of lemonade.

Ugh. Should have bought in when it was 3 bucks. But as a homeowner there is never such a thing as "cash laying around" to do stuff like that. There is always something to fix in my money pit.

I was fortunate to dump what I had left after my divorce in at $2.67 and another time with a pension buyout from my military service at $6.00. Needless to say I'm quite happy with the run up so far! As an often visiting lurker reading the threads I'm pretty excited to see the general positive vibes the gaming community seems to have on the Ryzen and Vega products pre-release. As I like to think, just because things have always been, doesn't mean that they will always be. Lisa Sue seems to kicking ass around that company and I'm excited that they have an actual engineer that is looking at a long term play, not just short term gain.

Not certain how far to ride this pony express but I'm long for a while. As I tell my fiancee, being 99% in one stock is about as stupid of an investment strategy as there is but if it pays off I'll be sitting fat and happy!

Ugh. Should have bought in when it was 3 bucks. But as a homeowner there is never such a thing as "cash laying around" to do stuff like that. There is always something to fix in my money pit.

I know what you mean. Plus side - I was able to buy AMD stock at 1.89 a share. Minus side - I could only afford 50 shares. :(

I bought a bunch at 11.5 and right the day after, they started going down and down...

Everything is overvalued right now. Put some money aside into a trading account so it's ready to go, wait for the Trump bubble to burst - and oh is it gonna burst - then buy.

I was fortunate to dump what I had left after my divorce in at $2.67 and another time with a pension buyout from my military service at $6.00. Needless to say I'm quite happy with the run up so far! As an often visiting lurker reading the threads I'm pretty excited to see the general positive vibes the gaming community seems to have on the Ryzen and Vega products pre-release. As I like to think, just because things have always been, doesn't mean that they will always be. Lisa Sue seems to kicking ass around that company and I'm excited that they have an actual engineer that is looking at a long term play, not just short term gain.

Not certain how far to ride this pony express but I'm long for a while. As I tell my fiancee, being 99% in one stock is about as stupid of an investment strategy as there is but if it pays off I'll be sitting fat and happy!
You're right, you are an idiot.

I bought a bunch at 11.5 and right the day after, they started going down and down...

Same here. Bought a considerable amount. Between the high price and the expensive dollar, I am deep in the red. I was planning to get on the train at 2.xx but life made me miss the whole party.

Everything is overvalued right now. Put some money aside into a trading account so it's ready to go, wait for the Trump bubble to burst - and oh is it gonna burst - then buy.

The stock market as such is bubbled due to QE money. And especially both NVidia and AMD is very bubbled on the tech side front in the hopes of AI etc. NVidia increased about 30 billion $ in value over the year as another example to AMD and their stock went up ~400%.

Back